Happy birthday, Oprah!
January 27th, 2012

How will Oprah spend her birthday?

Oprah will spend her 58th birthday with media tycoon Ted Turner… on TV, that is.

The birthday girl interviews Turner about his hard work and achievements on Sunday’s episode of “Oprah's Master Class” - Winfrey’s OWN talk show that features a “look into the minds of true modern masters,” according to Oprah.com.

During the interview, Turner, who created CNN in 1980, tells the talk show host how he came up with the idea for the Cable News Network:

"I worked 'til 6 or 7 o'clock at night,” he said. “By the time I got (home), the news was, the early news was over and I had to go to bed at 10 because I got up really early to go to work … I missed the 11 o'clock news. … So I, I never saw television news. And I knew there were a lot of people like me. I knew that if it was on all the time, like - and all news radio had already proven successful. So I figured, you know, if it worked on radio it would work on TV too.”

“Master Class” features stars and personalities sharing their stories of success. The show has also featured celebs like Goldie Hawn and Morgan Freeman.

This will be Winfrey's first birthday since her incredibly popular daytime talk show went off the air. Leave your birthday wishes for O below!

Post by:
Filed under: Oprah Winfrey

1. guarderia en madrid

Thank you for the good writeup. It in reality was a enjoyment account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

August 26, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. seguro coche barato

Integro lo en comparaci�n a leo encima de esta web me parece alucinante. Saludos.

August 12, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. creditos a la familia

WONDERFUL Post. thanks f�r aktienbasierte.. mehr warten.....

August 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. click here

Una singola quota impressionante, ho appena dato presente in altezza su un collega che stava facendo una singola piccola analisi su questo. E lui infatti

August 6, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. creditos con ASNEF

C'� un pacchetto notevolmente da conoscere su codesto. Presumo quale hai fatto bello in alcuni punti presenta persino.

August 3, 2012 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. cestas de navidad

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos. I'd like to look more posts like this .

July 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. cestas de navidad

�ber Jahre geschrieben. Great stuff, just great!

May 29, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. cursos.qweb.es/cursos-gratuitos-para-desempleados.html

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this web site.

April 24, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Beverly

Happy Birthday Dear Friend...miss seeing you everyday!

February 13, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Donna

Happy happy happy 58th birthday Oprah!!!!! I too shall be 58 in May. Please know how inspirational you are to a woman who at times, struggles with anxiety. Depression is a part of my past, so it can be frightening. I love when you quote Glinda the good witch about always having the power. You can motivate human beings like no other person on earth.
    When I am struggling with whatever, I can actually visualize you speaking to me and offering words of comfort and you are always successful. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

February 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jazz

@ hater Angelika, OWN is not a flop, like most businesses, things start out slow or they go thru a no profit period for a length of time before they break even and or start profiting. Lesbian? please, she would have been the first to let us know. Stop drinking Haterade.

February 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ola

Happy B-DAY gal, take a time to enjoyed yourself. it been long coming for you. have fun with your pals.

February 11, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Monica

Happy Birthday Oprah!!!

February 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rose-Ann

Happy B'Day Opah. I wish you many more returns. God Bless

February 8, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gulotta

umeh ounykachekwu.duke Posted on am umeh ounykachekwu,a 27years old boy from nigeria,a graduate of computer and information science lead city university ibadan.please sir,i tried to look for the link of where to fill the scholarship application form

March 17, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. streetsmart87

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY OPRAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok I got that out of my system she probably rent a castle and dance all knight.

February 8, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Connie

Happy Birthday Oprah!! I really miss your talk show. You were the best of the talk shows! I wish you much success with OWN. I subscribe to your magazine and enjoy reading it. You have accomplished so much. May you have continued blessings on your birthday and always!

February 5, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bryce

Happy Birthday!

February 5, 2012 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  18. elma

parabens, oprah! feliz aniv ersário e que Deus de abençoe! Não dê confiança para comentários maldosos.Eles são invejosos!!!

February 4, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. L. Winfrey Young

I think it's hilarious that folk are writing comments "to" Oprah as if she is actually going to read this story and then scroll through the comments. TOO FUNNY....thanks for the laugh!

February 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rita

Happy birthday Oprah..Amercia's QUEEN of TV...she will forever reign!!!..enjoy YOU today...forget the naysayers..they're just morons!..ha ha...

February 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Freeway Jim

Oprah does ten pound turds. I'd give Sherman or whatever her "boyfriends" name is 50 bucks if he'd knock her two front teeth out.

February 3, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  22. Glenda Jones

Happy Birthday O WITH THE LORD'S BLESSINGS many more.

February 2, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Elizabeth Loftus

happy birthday, Oprah...

February 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. robin

Happy Birthday, Oprah ! And yes, everyone deserves a Happy Birthday.. you just have to remember to celebrate it!

Thank you for being you!

February 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Katie

Happy Birthday "O"!! I bet the people making negative comments about you are jealous of all you have accomplished. Keep doing your thing and God Bless!

February 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kary

I read a couple comments that was made to Oprah that didn't sound very nice. How dare you! Stedman is a true man in every sense of the word. He loved Oprah for who she is. He allows her to be herself.That is true love. Oprah, you are a true blue. God brought you in this world for a reason. Your honesty, sensitivity, kindness, generosity, your love for humanity. I can go on and on. May God continue to richly bless you with peace that no man could give you, but the man Christ Jesus. Enjoy your birthday to the fullest. Happy Birthday.

February 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Terrance Daye

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO RICHLY BLESS YOU

February 1, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Livia

hey there and thanks on your ifmtrnaoion – I’ve certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the website lots of occasions previous to I may get it to load properly. I were thinking about in case your web hosting is OK? Now not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances instances will sometimes impact your placement in google and can harm your high-quality score if advertising and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my email and can glance out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this once more very soon..

March 17, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  28. Shelley Carey

Just wanted to wish you God's richest blessings and the best time ever on your Birthday Oprah. I live in Freeport, Bahamas and believe you me you are so greatly loved and admired by so many here....
    I think you are one of those specially gifted people!

February 1, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  29. Terri Gay

Oprah has been someone who you can look up to and say she's my role model,Happy birthday Oprah

February 1, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  30. Happy birthday from Mumbai,India-Ms Erna Santamaria.

Dear Oprah, I am from Mumbai, India and I watch your show everynight on BIG CBS Love at 8 pm. I am dying to meet you and am your biggest fan ever !

February 1, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  31. MaryLouise

Happy Birthday, Oprah! You are a treasure. I hope you enjoyed your day with the family and friends who love you.

January 31, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  32. angelika

does any one care? I don't . I think her OWn Network is such a FLOP! Honestly. When some one had something this good for so many decades, isn't time to quitt? She got the billion, what is it with her GREED?And I still think she is a closeted Lesbian! Why else would she give Gayle a $ 1,000 for hush money?

January 30, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. justiceforall

Happy Birthday, Oprah! You are a true inspiration and a gift. Thank you for being you and for all you do!

January 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  34. george l. singleton

Happy Birthday My wife Elizabeth and I George we send out our love and blessings to you Oprah. We wish you many more Big sis.

January 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mamacita

Happy Birthday, Oprah. I am enjoying watching your shows on OWN except for Dr. Phil. You are a very giving person with a big heart.
    I hope you have a wonderful year filled with much love and happiness.

January 30, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Hyginus Nwatu

I thinks she is good but i think she could have married to a Nigerian, we love you and again we want you to visit Nigeria
    Remain blessed sister.

January 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Willie D

Ooga Booga...hey nwatu....you fruitcake. Have you seen Tarzan lately. What's it like living in a grass hut? Running from Rhinos and Gorillas? No way Oprahs going to Nigeria. Not unless you got Popeyes fried chicken handy.
      Hey Hygin, don't step on any Mambos. Don't ride and Zebras. Peace Out.

February 3, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  37. CT

who really cares????

January 29, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. M

Oprah really is an awesome woman; I hope one day she really finds her true love...I would like to see more pictures of her arm-n-arm with someone who really loves HER. She is a beautiful and giving person. I don't care what the haters say about her; she has shared her humanity boundlessly. I love you, Oprah!

January 28, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. cali girl

She will continue to be a closet racist against whites...

January 28, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Lara de la Eguia

......and Mexican Americans. After Nobama was elected, she had a celebration on her show and brought key figures on her show who she claimed helped to elect him. There wasn't one Mexican American. The Catholic Mexican American vote bonifide his election. Of course she had a few token Caucasion people.

February 3, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  40. ?

Scissoring Gayle? Scissoring Gayle.

January 28, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  41. @Sokman

That's bc she would eat all the cake since sadie is non other alecia under a new name.lol

January 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sokman

A dollar for a piece of cake is pretty cheap...

January 28, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  43. Sly Sadie

This is for the gals – I'll jump out a cake and do anyone in a heartbeat for a $1 a piece.

January 28, 2012 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  44. Sokman

Ted better keep shoving cake down her throat or he's toast... literally. She'll butter him up for a snack, but I'm sure she'll put a candle on him to blow out first

January 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Joe

In photo #13, that doesn't look like Martin Sheen or Forrest Whitaker.

January 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Ferc

She makes me proud to be an american

January 27, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cali Girl

You're an example of what's wrong with America today. Oprah makes you proud to be an American? She practices reverse discrimination.

January 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dex

I really like oprah a lot.

January 27, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lester Bigg

She's a mediocre fool. Half ass profundities. Half baked philosophy. A phoney mix of new age, hindu, buddist, wiccan garbage. She a big black manatee.

February 3, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  48. Mormon

Probably munching on Gayle tuna pie...

January 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |