January 26th, 2012

Why Seal is still wearing his wedding ring

Seal may have just had a very public split from his wife, Heidi Klum, but don't expect to see him without his ring anytime soon.

The singer, who's been making the media rounds for his new album and talking plenty about Klum, tells Piers Morgan in an interview airing Friday that this isn't about publicity.

"There was some malicious thing that 'Oh, he's still wearing his wedding ring, he's doing it for show, or whatever,'" Seal says of the chatter. "I'm still wearing this wedding ring because I'm still married to this incredible woman.You don't all of a sudden from one day to the next, unless you're those types of people, just all of a sudden say, 'Oh I hate you' and take off your wedding ring."

His ring, he continues, "stands for respect, it stands for loyalty, it stands for incredible memories, and it stands for these four little miracles [his children with Klum], and Heidi making five, that have come into my life over the past eight years."

In spite of their split, "my love for her has not waned one iota," the singer tells Morgan. "I love her with all my heart. How can you not love somebody that you have just spent eight years with?"

Even with all of that said, Seal is unsure if he and Klum will be able to make their relationship work.

"I don't know, at this point, [if I want to get back together]," he reveals. "I think, again, if it were that easy, if there weren't problems, we would still be together...Is it irreparable? You can never say never. I can't speak for my wife. I'm not going to sit here and b.s. you and tell you that we didn't have problems. But in our favor, or to our credit, we've always been able to talk about them and confront each other."

Watch the full interview when it airs on "Piers Morgan Tonight" Friday at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. andrewsfinejewelers

Right,Good to see these useful info here..Thanks a lot for sharing them with us….

June 2, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dominguez, Betty

I LIKE YOU ANDERSON COOPER, MEET ME TOO!!!

June 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. be quiet

Poor guy. I bet he's scarred for life.

January 30, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDFutp5ZxE&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. viann

When couples have difficulties in their relationship, it hurts especially if they still love each other. You can describe Seal and Heidi with all the negative words in the dictionary. However, remember that you are only as frustrated and sad as you will ever be. When a person refuses to see the beauty in anything or be empatic when others are down and suffering, then such person place is not amongst the civil people in this society. Speak neutrally or kindly. If not, sink in your negativity.

January 28, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. lala

If my husband started wearing nail polish I would divorce him. Seal, dress like a man. You say you are still wearing her wedding ring–well that is sweet. But what woman wants to look down at her husbands hand to see his wedding ring and also see that he is wearing nail polish?!?!

January 27, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lala

Seal I can see why she is divorcing you–why are you wearing nail polish????

January 27, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Pony Dick

Im glad there done it didnt make since when they were together...........plus she openly admitted to giving him blumpkins on the tonight show 4 years ago. Blumpkins are when you give head while the dude is on the toilet taking a crap.

January 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Genoveva

If they "grew apart" why did they make another baby? And if he still loves her why can't he stay and raise the kids?

January 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • nobody

HE IS SELFISH!! MAKE MORE BABIE TO KEEP HER WITH HIM... I DON'T LIKE THAT. SHE DOESN'T TRUST HIM TO RAISE THE KIDS.. WHEN THE KIDS GROW UP .. THEY MIGHT THINK MOMMY DOESN'T LOVE THEM.

January 27, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. maria

WHO CARES............ she doesn't wants him in her life, he should stop the nonsense of showing all over tha tabloids , so needy , ....get a life Seal move on..she don't love you not more ,it happesn to all of us anytime in our lives! seems to me he is desperate .The scars in his face are from a motorcycle accident ,it is not Lupus......like someone just wrote in this site! she made him more famous ,(the beauty and the beast! )his career sucks he has only one song the Rose and that is it!

January 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • dionyzus

Don't forget his other big hit Crazy, one of the top 90s dance / electronica songs.

January 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • superjen

Maria, please go back to school and learn how to spell and construct full sentences. In English.

January 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • nobody

totally AGREE!!

January 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Teresa

I liked them i think they are a good couple. I hope they get back together.

January 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Fat Rat

Remember when seal dated tyra banks?

January 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dee

Who gives a rats azz about ugly azz seal or his old hag lookin g wife, this " love him/her so much is just pure baloney crap, they are that in love but yet they break up just pure crap bull !

January 27, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. /*\

Well, he is not a handsome man, that's for sure, but he seems to be a good person beneath. He seems to be hurting.

January 27, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sokman

I've seen her boobs.

January 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Nancy

Considering that Seal is speaking publicly and Heidi is being silent...it is painfully obvious that she dumped him. Once again a Dumb Blonde rules the world.

Best Wishes to Seal........hopefully you and the children can recover from the supermodel diss.....you are a far superior person Sir.

January 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

"Dumb blonds rule the world? are you jealous ? I happen to have a blond blue eyes,beautiful daughter,with degrees in Political Science,Internationational Studies,speak Mandarin,Spanish Chinese,Sign Language,she is International traveling all around the wrold...now tell me again about Dumb blonds ruling the world , besides that ,very compassionate person,doing Habitat for Humanity,and given a lot to ones who need it! if you are not sure! don't generalize people based in your low ,narrow menatlity! Heidy is not smart but she is beautiful ,besides that she doesn't represent all the blondes in this world!

January 27, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Paul

Really folks, who cares? Seal is a has been in the hip hop world for a long time and Heidi is a has been now due to her age. They should find their niche and spend time raising the kids. Not nannys but get to know your kids!

January 26, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Horizon

Seal isn't hip hop, genius. His style is an eclectic mix of R&B, soul, house, pop, alternative and electronica. The man can also still manage to sell out a show pretty fast. Heidi does fashion design and is still requested and hired to walk runways. If those are has beens then I'd love to be one like them later on in life.

January 27, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. bribarian

Couple is nasty, Seal looks like he crawled up out of a napalm pit and Heidi is braindead

January 26, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Benn

It shouldnt happen to someone nice like him.

January 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  20. hoobie

oh cnn i love these major news storys very important

January 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Benn

Seal really sounds like a deacent class act. I hope they get back together.

January 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  22. fernace

Oh no, not them too!! Does no1 stay together anymore!? And this 1 day after I broke up w/my boy-friend! Whaaaaaa!!!

January 26, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  23. naaah

I dont like em. Seal looks really really odd. Is there something wrong with him?

January 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • googleit

yea...google it...he has a form of lupus that attacks the skin and that can happen to anyone...

January 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

naaah are you on crack? Post your picture let us see how you look. Low life

January 27, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Popcorn Papa

We tend to see the world as a reflection of ourselves. So if Seal looks really odd to you it's probably because...

January 27, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  24. anthony

I truly and honestly would love to see them back together. They are so amazing together,oh! and those kids, they are wonderful

January 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • SUPERMAN

LOOK AT HIS EYES..

..ONE CANNOT HIDE THE EYES, THEY TELL ALL..

GENUINELY SADDENED..

SAD TO SEE.

January 27, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
    • flaming homeboy

Is this the gay blog site or what???

January 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loriey

Stranger things have happened, if the love is there they may be able to work things out with counseling or therapy. Raising 4 young children is tough at best, after a divorce it's hard for children to split time between two homes & then think THEY (the kids) caused the breakup/divorce.
      I wish them the best....they put up a good front as I don't recall seeing reports in he media about them fighting or "bashing" each other verbally..

January 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dmatic59

Hated that they cut off him speaking about the President, that why censorship sucks. Not better then local TVNEWS.

January 28, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Hollyworld

Who Heidi Klum is dating now????

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WptAhv6rY&w=640&h=390]