Pitt 'would like to' marry Jolie, won't say if he's proposed
January 26th, 2012

Pitt 'would like to' marry Jolie, won't say if he's proposed

When it comes to celebrity couples who have been together for so long some assume they've already wed, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are certainly prime examples.

And yet, seven years and six kids later, they still haven't tied the knot, as they've famously said that they'll get married when it's legally possible for everyone to do so.

However, 48-year-old Pitt thinks that they may not hold out.

"We'd actually like to," the actor tells the Hollywood Reporter. "It seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment."

He wouldn't "go any further" to answer the question of whether he's proposed, instead adding, "but to be in love with someone and be raising a family with someone and want to make that commitment and not be able to is ludicrous, just ludicrous."

One thing both he and his partner Jolie, 36,  have clearly committed to is having a large family. Of course, just like the possibility that they'll one day marry, is the possibility that they'll also have more kids.

"We haven't closed the book on it. There's a really nice balance in the house right now, but if we see the need and get that lightning bolt that says, 'We can help this person; we could do something here,' then absolutely," Pitt said.

Filed under: Angelina Jolie • Brad Pitt • Celebrities

1. Metermaid

Yeah, leave them alone.....as Woody Allen said ..."the heart wants, what the heart wants"

February 1, 2012 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. jim/dee

Maybe none of the above posters knew that Jennifer was pregnant by Brad when they were married, (She miscarried and it was very tramatic for both her and Brad) that is why Angie threw such a fit that Brad "forgot" to mention it....She was mad cause she didn't want anyone else to ever be pregnant by Brad...Her possessive nature will eventionally break them up...Anything and everything Angie does is for attention...If she would show that she is a loving mother instead of just using them for photo ops, I think more people would stop giving such bad comments... Jen is over this whole divorce saga and is happy in her own life and she should also be let be...JUST SAYING...........

January 31, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Depu

Brad looks tiriefrc love the suit and especially the glasses! Bummer Angie isn't with him.

February 13, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Mistylynn

I don't understand all the negative comments. They are a lovely couple and I think it is nice that their kids want them to get married. I send all my best to them and hope that they get married soon. Maybe a few more kids, too? We will all have to wait to see!!

January 30, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. NyteShayde

Really? You all hate two people you've never met? Hate? All of you need to grow up.

January 29, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Penm9hnsTr8&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. vicki

Please they need to go into another planet both of them make me sick

January 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDFutp5ZxE&w=640&h=390]

January 29, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. The Morgan La Fey

Reblogged this on themorganlafey and commented:
    Yeah, like Brad couldn't get another date, if he wanted one.

January 28, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lulu

I love Brangleina....hope Brad gets the Oscar as Angie already has. THey are always interesting and thankfully, have more integrity than any artificial Karadashian. George and his string of girlfriends is getting old anyway. More power to Branglina, and I cannot wait for Salt II, or Mr & Mrs Smith part 2.

January 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • dianna

I like what they have done for the less fortunate. Good for them. I hope they get married and I just pray that it will last. Hollywood marriages never seem to much, but we can only hope for the kids sake.

January 28, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. studdmuffins

Marriage with 6-months of reported bliss followed by messy divorce and multi-million dollar split settlement.

January 27, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nik

@marky: Like!

January 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tomek

then that Mad and Pax are proud they're Asian and Zee's very proud she's African.Charms- I reeembmr that, too. Angie said that she was explaining to Maddox that mommy has a baby in her tummy, and that he didn't grow in mommy's tummy but in another woman's tummy. On a similar note, during one of her interviews for Kung Fu Panda promotion, she mentioned that she had recently overheard Mad talking about adoption with Zee, saying, No Zee, reeembmr? You were in that nice African woman. I was in that nice Cambodian woman. As far as other things Angie and Brad have said about the three oldest kids knowing they're adopted .During one of her interviews during TT promtion (I think it was TT, anyway. It may have been Salt.) Angie spoke about how they'd recently visited Ethiopia (that was back in 2009, right after or before- I can't reeembmr which- we saw Angie and Brad taking the twins out for ice cream in Jordan. At the time, it was believed that only Angie and the older girls had gone .proving once again just how much the J-Ps can duck under the radar when they want to! .She said that Mad, Pax, and Shi (the twins would have been a bit too young to understand about adoption and nationalities and all that stuff!) were telling Zee how cool it is that she's African .and that they thought it was neat that with Zee's food you use bread as your utensial!She also spoke at one point about Maddox starting to learn Khmer, the language spoken in Cambodia, and later about how they have a few teachers who travel with them as well as nannies .two of whom are language tutors for the boys. One speaks to Mad in Khmer, the other to Pax in Vietnamese (in Pax's case, of course, the purpose is ensuring that he retains his native tongue rather than teaching him the language, since he already knows Vietnamese).In addition, Angie hinted that they may hire someone to teach Zee Amheric (Ethiopia's mother tongue) someday.One of my favorite tidbits that Angie has shared about the kids knowing they're adopted is this: A few years after she adopted Mad, she mentioned that he knows that he comes from a different country than mommy does .and that he (at the time) loved to tease her about the fact that his country is bigger than mommy's !Oh, and Angie and Mad actually lived together in Cambodia for awhile. She's spoken about their house there (I think they may still own it. At any rate, they did as of a few years ago, because Angie mentioned it), referring to it as a shack . I saw a picture of it in PEOPLE magazine .and a shack is indeed bascially what it is. That's just one of the many things I admire about Angie. Even though she's a celeb, she didn't insist on having some fancy mansion for her home in Cambodia. Instead, she chose the type of home that a lot of normal people in Cambodia probably live in. All of that said, I think we can now safely say that the Haiti adoption rumor is false. If there were any truth to it, we probably would have heard something from a more credible source by now.

February 13, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Paige

Right on Marky and Typical you speak the truth but get bashed. They spend too much time focusing on people they hate and even wish death upon. Grow Up bitter hateful b***hes and get lives. So much negatively and jealously about people you don't know and never will know is sickening.You all are as sick as the people on Female First. Can me fat or whatever like you did typical but your just a loser behind a computer screen Are some of you ten years old? Do you know any of them personally? . I hope Brad angelina and their children have long and happy lives. This is my first and last time on this site.

January 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Snarky

I read that Brad Pitt is massively gay and Jolie's secretly a dude.

January 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. AGREE ALSO

angie? Depp's available.......LOL

January 27, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the blondy Brad Pitt marries only losers

first Jennifer Aniston that woman can not keep a man, then he marries Angelina , this one is a bag of bones. Wow.

January 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jgn

Marriage is so ten minutes ago. It's a LEGAL CONTRACT involving money and goods, and it doesn't even work in the children's best interests in the event of a divorce, since they can end up with a parent who does them no more good than a live chicken would. The divorce courts are full of people who married 'for the children' or because their relationship needed 'a lift' or 'a further commitment'.
    Religious people get married because they mistakenly believe it's an order to be found somewhere in the bible. What it really was originally was a contract of ownership by the man of the woman. Why are people so eager to pursue that?

January 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SomeOneElse

Angie looks old for 36. Not aging well Angie. Brad is still just as handsome as ever. Jennifer Aniston is probably the plainest blonde celebrity I've ever come across. She has a cute face and pretty smile but overall just plain old plain and boring. Maybe she was a bore in the bedroom because I'm sorry but when I look at Jen, all I see is boredom. Angie probably came along and knocked Brad's socks off.

January 27, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • JP

I think it was those big plastic lips of hers that did it for the Bradmeister.

January 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. m0use2

I'm sick of reading about these two, that is why every time there is an article about them I read it and then come on blogs and rant and rave about how horrible they are....because I'm sick of hearing about these two............some of you need to step away from the computer and go read a book!

January 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. @I Agree

I bet it did! She getting tired of brad's old d!ck now. she wants new one

January 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • elsie thacker

This is a vulgar comment and should never have been in print. It is their lives, not the whole world's!!! If you don't like what they do or whatever is printed about them, who are you to pass judgement????. Judge lest you be Judged!!!. There are so many things one could make comments on that may be HELPFUL TO ALL THE WORLD. So weigh the things that you say to show the goodness and helpfulness to all of GOD'S people and for all we have. Those who help put "stars" in the limelight by raving.foaming at the mouth, etc over them. and not acknowledging their good works are not in their shoes and do not truly know all the things that make them who they are!! Go after the people who put the lives of the 'famous, etc. on the world theater in order to fill their pockets, ego, and be in the worldly as 'FAMOUS' ALSO TAKE CARE NOT TO CRITICIZE ANYONE UNLESS YOU KNOW PERSONALLY WHAT IS GOING ON IN THEIR LIFE!! AND THEN BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE IT COULD COME BACK AND BITE YOU ON THE (????) OR PUT YOU IN A VERY DEFENSIVE MODE TO TRY AND GET YOURSELF/YOUR FOOT ) OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!! THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU NOW AND THE FUTURE POSTINGS YOU MAKE.

January 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. I AGREE

i bet Angie's light bulb went off when she heard Depp was available.

January 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. no way

Depp strikes me as too smart..he won't involved with her even for 1 night

January 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Auth

We just saw your movie. I said: Which one? and he caleld to my grandmother: Betty, what was the name of that picture we were just watching? Kids are very adaptable. We take them on location, usually travelling by night while the kids sleep. We're quite comfortable living out of suitcases. We've got it down to an art, and the kids have got their backpacks. Their mom is really good at the packing. She's really talented.I think I would like to design something like a city or a museum. I want to do something hands-on rather than just play golf, which is the sport of the religious right. I'm very involved in affordable green housing. I'd like to one day establish a Monet garden, for example, and get lost in nature at my own home.Although I was brought up in a Southern Baptist family I am no longer a Christian and don't believe in God. I am probably 20% atheist and 80% agnostic. I don't believe in an afterlife. There's peace in understanding that I have only one life, here and now, and I'm responsible.No one has the right to deny another their life. Even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America. My vote will always be for equality.

February 13, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. M

i'm surprised she hasn't made a move toward Depp yet...

January 27, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. umm

One would think this would have been a topic before getting married. Like hun, would you like children and how much. Pray tell he didn't know that..mmmm?

January 27, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. my mama used to beat me

I will then spread out my a picnic blanket * bring out the picnic basket en have dinner with wine, roast duck, rice n beans, gravy while watching replay video.

January 27, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • marky

And your constant "mouth" is why your mama used to beat you........

January 27, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. my mama used to beat me

I say- instead of a cliff strap the kids, brad, n h* mom in the car n drive the car into a lake video tapping it n putting it on utube

January 27, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  26. boxcar

I'd say just strap all the kids in a car n drive it off a cliff

January 27, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • marky

I would tell you not to do that to your kids, but....no one will miss your kids, boxcar. Thankfully, the line would end there......

January 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ariston

I love Angelina and Brad. She lkoeod beautiful, and her partner hunk. Regards from Polish.

February 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Vivi

Give these two a break. They have helped thousands with their generosity. If they marry soon?...good for them.
    As for his ex, Aniston is and was a shallow party girl with a great body. Men get sick of that. Jolie has substance,
    Talent , beauty and gave Pitt the stability and love Aniston couldn't . Angelina is a UN Ambassadore, that means something!
    I hope they get married, have/adopt more kids and live happily ever after. GOOD FOR THEM!!!!!!

January 27, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • IC

there will be no marriage..– i agree she could wonder off to Depp...

January 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • hoon454545

I am sick of the both of them. They get their money in the U.S. and spread it everywhere but the U.S. They should take their cheating fannies back to some crappy country and leave the Americans alone. They are ungrateful, camera seeking fools.

January 27, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Missy R

@hoon454545, they actually spread a bunch of their money in NOLA, which is most definitely in the U.S. They even bought a house there and continue to help with the ongoing post-Katrina rebuilding. They seem like good people raising community-minded children.

January 28, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LAB

You're crazy as Dicky4'.

January 27, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  29. MMB54

I wish them both well in what ever the choose to do. But soon they will be having 6 teenagers in the house and that's a whole lotta chaos....they may want to leave well enough alone, but the important thing is they have the right to choose and are commited to their family.

January 27, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  30. Debby

@ Marky......AMEN! I couldn't have said it better! You'd think Pitt was the only person in the world to get a divorce. Get over it already. Pitt wanted a family and Anniston didn't, she wanted to focus on her career. Fine, that was HER CHOICE, she has to stop whining about it. Funny how Jolie and Pitt manage to have both family and careers!

January 27, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  31. @@7:31

aka @Typical, because someone didn' agree with your comment and said something about it, you have to come back and bash them because they told you off? Sounds like you are the one in a basement somewhere. You need to get a life because you most likely are one of those that live and breathe Marquee. Most likely, you're a fat ugly b!otch. You yourself is yesterday's news. Let me guess, you come back and have something else to say which would only prove my point.

January 27, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  32. Hellopep

Don't do it you will be divorced in a year or two!!! They will not last Angie will get bored and move on.

January 27, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  33. @3:17

What's your problem? People are allow to come on here and voice their opinion. So stfu and go crawl under the rock you came from. I'm sick of hearing about these cheaters myself. Nobody really cares if they get married or not. They're yesterday's news.

January 27, 2012 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
    • @7:31

What's your problem? People are allowed to come on here and voice their opinion about other people's anger. STFU and get out of your parent's basement every once in a while. I'm sick of little whining gas-bags like yourself. Nobody cares about angsty teens anymore. You're yesterday's news.

January 27, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • LAB

LOL! Little whiner got PWNED!

January 27, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Yes, indeed, 3, you should get out of mama's basement and into the sunlight. Lots of people are fans of BP and AJ and want to know the latest about them. What is old is hearing about the hatred for people you don't know, and spewing venom that is nonsensical. AJ is healthy enough to get pregnant and have babies, so she isn't starving. When you lame-o's start talking about other slender actresses like Angie Harmon, Kyra Sedgewick, and any one of 100 in Hollywood who aren't hugely overweight like yourself (or maybe you're a chubby-chaser, I don't know which it is), then maybe you're worth paying a tiny bit of attention to. in the meantime, shut up!!

January 27, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. typical

I always love to read articles about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, just to read the ridiculous comments from those who have some sort of anger about this couple. Like you know them personally. Like Jennifer Aniston is your best friend. Give me a break, and please, go get lives.

January 27, 2012 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Susan

I second that. Plus, whatever their pasts have been, they are doing a lot of good now, not just in giving all of their kids a good life but also walking the talk in public service.

January 27, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  35. Sokman

BTW, I think Anniston's body is more important than Brad's family too, & think Tori is a b!tch cuz she can't act & is only known because of who her daddy was.

January 27, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  36. Sokman

Won't get married until everyone can... What the he'll does that even mean? Sounds like an excuse to me. "We'd love to get married, but it just wouldn't be fair to the Pope or Tibetan Monks."

January 26, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

He means that they were not going to get married until it was legally possible for anyone to marry anyone else, i.e. gay marriage.

January 27, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  37. bob

He's not gonna marry that idiot. He knows that next wk she will adopt a kangaroo, pyranna, elephant, snake and oh yeah what's the flavor of month kid now, say polish. Whata punch of J-offs

January 26, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • togirl

mAdd maybe a rabbit, couple of dogs and an emu. I wish the two of you to be NOT in the limelight, go away, fall off a cliff. Just go away.

January 26, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mandy

Thank god she can do what she wants sorry you can't

January 29, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  38. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E3eY94Gu0k&w=640&h=390]

January 26, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Or

Maybe she doesn't want to marry him.

January 26, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • watchman5

I have always said if it is right you know it and you want to marry. If it takes years...it isn't right enough.

I also agree with the comment above.......Angelina needs to eat....she looks terrible!!!! She is too pretty to walk around in public so emaciated!!

January 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. moon627

Pitt has some nerve to say about marriage ... "it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment."

...it apparently didnt mean very much when he married Jennifer Aniston :(

January 26, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • togirl

angelina jolie had no problem breaking up his marriage; I really wish she would go away, take him and their 'kids' with her.

January 26, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Some of you are just either stupid or have no memory of what his "marriage" to Jen was. How would you like to be married to someone who apparently was married to you for show, and didn't even care enough about him to adopt a child with him, let alone have a child with him, since her body was so much more important than family. She's made a career out of a divorce that took place longer ago than they were married, so honestly, this "Angie broke up their marriage" crap is just that; crap!

If you people thought Tori Spelling was a total b#%$h for breaking up Dean McDermott's marriage, with children involved and an adoption in process yet, maybe I would even think you might have a point, but divorce happens all the time for more reasons than I can count, so...whatever. Let it go, people, let it go. I hope they get married and stay married until one of them dies! Love their kids, love them, and love their movies!!!

January 26, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • pmn

You got that right! He is such a loser! I do not watch Pitt or Jolie's movies they both stink.

January 27, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Jennifer Anniston wasn't interested in having children at the time. What is he supposed to do? Waste his precious life waiting for her to make her decision? He wasn't happy and he moved on. There is nothing wrong with that.

January 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • monkey

"COMMITMENT" is the key word here .

Pitt was supposedly committed to Jen when they said their vows so the word is obviously meaningless to Mr.LIAR

January 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lulu

SO sick of Jennifer Aniston who willfully divorced Brad almost 10 years ago. She agreed, received millions of dolllars and boosted her career. Give Angelina a break, she has been smeared to pieces by Aniistons' media team, her kids have been thrashed and now you want me to give her some respect? Never will I ever think of Anitson in any terms except "jealous wannabe tv rerun star".

January 28, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mandy

He fell out of love with boring Aniston and now is with the best.

January 29, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  41. gurlygurl

These two make me gag! This is just for publicity!

January 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • togirl

personally I hope both their careers go off a cliff. I would like them both to go away, far away. Take their 'orphanage' with them.

January 26, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • RZ70

@togirl.... So let me get this straight... Becuase you dislike the parents, you're basically wishing ill on the kids? Nice. Oh... my mistake.. you just had a typo in your name. It's really Trollgirl, isn't it?

January 27, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
    • pmn

No Kidding. "It seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment." Seems like an excuse to me...please your kids and get married already. Although you really went about it the right way by cheating on Aniston.

January 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • jaintn

Good grief, the jealousy is palpable in these comments. Seven freakin' years and 6 kids together and all you trolls can do is bash them? They have probably done more good for others in the last week than any of you people have in their entire lives. He divorced Jennifer Anniston years ago. Some of you have held onto it longer than SHE has. She's moved on. Why can't you people? Honestly, the venom I see spewing about this couple makes me sick. Oh, and gurlygurl, wishing bad for their children takes you to new levels of low. What a disgusting miserable wretch you must be.

January 27, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • hum

@jaintn , I agree with you, Brad and Angelina proabaly have done more last week then we can do in our lifetimes. Leave them alone, they seem happy, but then we don't really know them now do we, contrary to what most of people posting here think. You guys are posting like you are friends or acquiantences of them !!! You have no clue what these people are really like, but yet you despise them. And oh come on, for all you people saying Poor Poor Jen, he cheated on her, get a life !! We have no idea what marriage to her was really like ... and come on its 2012 already !!! Like its never happened before...

January 28, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Mandy

Jealous

January 29, 2012 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Pixelle

Publicity for whom? The media keeps asking them the same stupid question.

I admire the fact that they consistently bring up marriage inequality when they're asked. I hope they do wait until marriage is legal for both straight and gay couples.

January 29, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  42. trix are for kids

It's a shame the term "marriage" has been thrown around as if it was nothing, thanks to these Hollywood celebrities. Of course we shouldn't model our lives after these people, but just saying...

Same can be said about "love" as well.

January 26, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angelina is a walking skeleton.

Angelina Jolene is so ugly, big mouth, small frame, she is an skeleton. As an actres she so boring.

January 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lorie

Watch it happen, they'll get married.....then they get divorced.....then they'll go back to living rogether....

January 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |