Nick Nolte had some plans for another '48 Hrs'
January 25th, 2012

Nick Nolte had some plans for another '48 Hrs'

It's been 22 years since Nick Nolte's "Another 48 Hrs." bowed in theaters, but considering the franchise craze in Hollywood and Nolte's Oscar nomination buzz, perhaps there's still hope for his threequel concept.

"I had a story that I think would have really made that sequel work," Nolte told CNN. In the original 1982 film, Nolte and Eddie Murphy co-starred as a police officer and a criminal, respectively, who teamed up to solve a case, and the same concept held for 1990's follow-up.

For part three, Nolte said, "I wanted to be busted out after being thrown off the force, and Eddie [would] get out of prison, and he has got to figure out who has set me up."

Unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps, to some of you), no one bit. "They wouldn't go with my story," Nolte recalled. "Nobody was going to listen to me at the time."

They may listen to him now, though, as he's older (Nolte's now 70,) wiser, and up for a best supporting actor Oscar thanks to his work in "Warrior."

"There was a 50 percent chance that I wouldn't get nominated," Nolte said, "so I was going to halfway take a call at 6 and then go back to sleep. So I wasn't going to get up and watch it, and not because I'm not grateful to have it, but because I'm 70, and at 70 you need more sleep!"

1. 9000mah行動電源

Im thankful for your article post.Much thanks again. Truly Cool. 9000mah行動電源 http://www.powerbankfresh.com

June 23, 2013 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. Amazing--get more

thanks

April 23, 2013 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jones sabo that for those keep working for 15 time

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. Jones sabo that for those keep working for 15 time http://www.travelstockholm.co.uk/index.php/member/90960/

April 23, 2013 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Contracting Info

You really make it appear really easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I believe I might never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely vast for me. I'm taking a look ahead on your next post, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

August 27, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jessica

"I know how to get away with it, I'll home socohl!" Most rational people would probably come to the same conclusion. Hopefully.This is a good point. Most abusers don't mean to be abusers. They fall into a vicious cycle and after each abusive episode sincerely apologize and commit to not doing it again. They aren't going to pull their kids because they think it won't happen again.The typical profile of an abused child is not one isolated from the world, but one involved in every free activity available: socohl, daycare, after care, camps, programs at the Y, etc. When I worked in the system, I kind of wondered when anyone had time to abuse the kids.There are those rare psychopath typess who explicitly set out to torture their kids. But strict monitoring isn't going to catch them.

February 14, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  6. lawoman

Nick Nolte has been one of our greatest actors for decades!! I've had a mad crush on him since Rich Man, Poor Man. Bad career moves? Yes. Bad personal decisions? Yes. Alcoholism? Yes. Drugs? Yes. How many of us can say that we have not made bad moves in our lives? This man is great. Sure, he is aging....just as I hope to myself. But he hasn't been stupid $$ trying to look younger. He just says 'the he** withi it, I am who I am.' Nick, I loved you at 30, 40, 50, 60 & now at 70. You have my vote, my admiration & I've still got a mad crush on you!! Keep it real & take care of yourself! xoxo

January 26, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. Terrance Holmes

If I owned a good deal of Paramount I wouldn't care if I were funny or not.

January 26, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Kapil

Firstly, CNN is noeocn-sponsored to begin with.Secondly, I guess these networks just operate under the quaint idea that those evil liberals and "surrender monkeys" are actually American citizens as well, and have a right to ask a question of a Republican candidate.They probably haven't gotten the memo that you haven't shoved all those pesky lefties into the ovens yet, and there are a few patriots actually on the loose.

February 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kristine

First time ever to leave a comment...with the exception of the couple of decent people who left them, the meaness of all the rest of these statements is astounding.

January 25, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Alan Smithee

Nolte was fantastic in Warrior, one of 2011's best films.

January 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. edna

Who is this guy? Ive never heard of him. He musta made movies back in the olden days when everything was black&white.

January 25, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sam

His kids must not care about him. If they did then they woulda put him in the nursing home 20 years ago. Poor ol guy. Bet he needs someone to wipe the drool off of his 2000 year old chin.

January 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. mark

isnt he like 700 years old? him and gary busey probably need to be wearing adult diapers. they are old drooling embiciles.

January 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • smarter than you

I'm guessing they both know how to spell "imbeciles", moron.

January 25, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bob

Nick scrap the plans, meet me for happy hour you loser

January 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. T

A third 48 Hours ?
    Nolte's character would be 70 and would be long out of the police department. Unless he had a son or a daughter who's following in his footsteps to interact with Eddie Murphy's character, this idea is a no go.

January 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. green

I got some plans for another 48 hours, but, I can't tell u. U will die from envy.

January 25, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bloozegal

I love Nick Nolte, have ever since he did North Dallas forty, loved all the 48 hour movies. would love to see a 3rd with him an Eddie, to bad I dont have the money to put up to help it go. Much love Nick!!

January 25, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  17. h.

More like 22 years Another 48 hrs was in the 80's when Eddie Murphy was still funny

January 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |