Jay Cutler: Kristin and I never really broke up
January 24th, 2012

Jay Cutler: Kristin and I never really broke up

Bound to confuse celebrity-couple-watchers everywhere, Jay Cutler has said that he and his fiancee, Kristin Cavallari, never actually broke up.

Cutler, 28, announced this revelation while thanking fans for their supportive responses to the news that the couple are now expecting their first child.

"We couldn't be more excited," Cutler wrote. "We don't usually comment on our relationship but for the record I never broke up with Kristin. Its unfortunate some people are saying hurtful things during such a joyous moment in our life."

Cavallari retweeted the remark, presumably to show her agreement. In July, it was reported that the 25-year-old mom-to-be and NFL player Cutler, who had been dating for 10 months at the time, had broken up and called off their short engagement.

By October, they seemed to have rekindled their romance, right around the time Cutler was spotted cheering for Cavallari as she competed on "Dancing With the Stars." A month later, Cavallari tweeted that they were engaged again, noting, "this time it's official."

"Sometimes, in order for things to get better, they have to end," Cavallari dished to People magazine in December. "Even if it's momentarily."

The reality star continued, "We didn't break up because of love lost. We loved each other just as much as we always did when we were together."

And now, baby'll make three. By the way, since Cavallari's pointed it out - if you saw her writing about drinks not long ago, she has an explanation.

"I tweeted that I had margaritas a few weeks ago to throw ppl off cuz I had gotten a couple tweets about my pregnancy," she tweeted Tuesday. "I didn't really drink!"

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Diana

I have no opinion on Jay Cutler, but I do know that 99.99 men of of 100 men would love to be him, so shut up you envious nothings. On to Kristen......I am an OC girl myself and Kristen is the real thing. She is a nice girl who is beautiful and just happens to have that extra extra something that men just love. You are all losers who live in your little towns where the weather is humid in the summer with above ground pools to keep you cool. In the winter you live with terrible weather. You still stay in your hell hole because you are a product of this environment and you could never compete and prosper in Cali.
    Shut down your cheap computers and please keep your stupid opinions to yourself. Admire people who make it because jealousy is not where it is at.

January 29, 2012 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. oh please

Jay Cutler got trapped. They broke up and suddenly get back together announcing they are engaged. A short time later, they announce they are pregnant. Break up in July. Get back together in October. That's 3 months. Just enough time to get out of the first trimester. Big dummy!!

January 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. rebelyell

Just like the Bears, Jays protection broke down and he fumbled the ball. Likely a drunken night after bar hopping in Chicago. Be a dead-giveaway if they name the kid "Gibsons".

January 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bob

Jay please I had her bent over my kitchen sink 3 times a week since last summer. Stop embarrising yourself

January 24, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MadCityBabe

Culter looks tarded and fat

January 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shirley

I bet that kristen does support rominey. Rich spoiled repulsive and ugly.

January 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ted

I bet they are durty Mitt Romney supporters. Did you know he was a corporate raider and says he loves to fire people?

January 24, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LL

Why are people so mean to Kristen??? I think she's lovely; and she was a great dancer on DWTS who was voted off way too early. I saw a few episodes of The HIlls, but wasn't a regular viewer. Regardless it's pretty obvious she's grown quite a bit since then. She's becoming a beautiful woman who will now be a beautiful wife and mother. My best to both Kristen and Jay. May God bless your life together.

January 24, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  9. carrieanne

Oh, Jessica Simpson wanna be! Now all we need is an update on HER farts!

January 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. TOUCHDOWN!

Jay Cutler, your double chin is showing.

On that note, you definitely scored. Perfect run down the middle as others have mentioned. Why can't you do this more on the football field?

January 24, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |