Surprises galore on 'Big Bang Theory's' 100th
January 20th, 2012

Surprises galore on 'Big Bang Theory's' 100th

Okay, "Shamy" fans, step aside for a moment. Thursday night's 100th episode was for "Lenny" fans.

Fans who have been hoping that Leonard and Penny would get together again finally got their wish.

With just one glance in her direction, Leonard decided to ask Penny out on a date.

Unfortunately, as Penny pointed out, the trouble began when they started talking on their date (and no, Leonard was not dying, as Amy theorized).

But that didn't stop Penny from knocking on Leonard's door in the middle of the night, leading to a very different ending to their date than Leonard expected.

Leonard proposed that they keep their relationship secret, but it didn't take long before he decided there was no way that "Leonard and Penny 2.0" would end up working out.

Cut to Leonard, back at his door, glancing at Penny. The entire episode was in his head. And he went over to ask her out anyway.

So, what do you think should happen on Leonard and Penny's actual date? Do you like the idea of them getting back together? And do you think Sheldon was unfair to Zachary Quinto? Share your view on iReport or comment below.

1. I'm not the penny character either.

January 9, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Karen

My teenage daughter and I absolutely love this show. Amy and Bernadette are great! We love the fact that the three girl characters are so different yet supportive of each other, a great role model of a friendship (okay, that is the mom in me talking). I adore Bernadette – smart, pretty (what a figure!), tolerant and sweet – what more could you want??

February 15, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. Manuel

I LOVE Sheldon!! He is hailrious and always makes me laugh whenever I watch! Another show I love is Leverage!

February 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Meemnoneida

cheap imitation louis vuitton bags , for special offer

February 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vivian

I think Amy Farrah Fowler is one of the freshest characters on TV. She is hysterical and Mayim Bialek plays her so well. Something has happened to Sheldon. First of all, he gained weight and it isn't becoming. The Penny/Leonard story line is very satisfying. A great (and different) show.

January 30, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

What do you mean it isn't becoming? He was painfully UNDER-weight early in the series and NEEDED to "fill out"....which he has. That, in addition to the longer hair, makes him look GOOD!!!!! He is not carrying any excess weight.

February 1, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom Antunes

Something I noticed, not just Sheldon, but Penny and Leonard also have gaining weight.

January 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. marcindc

Entertaining show but that's all. I watch TV only on occasion because I have a life to live and fun things to do that don’t align well with sitting in front of a television. I also don't spend too much time concerned about the details or lives of the court jesters of our time. For those of you who wrap your lives in this stuff, the fifteen minutes of commercials getting you to buy stuff is almost over and the next five minutes of the show will come on before the next fifteen minutes of commercials. Enjoy!

January 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nikki

Loved the episode where Sheldon spends all night re-writing the room-mate agreement to include Penny. Leonard then tells Sheldon they aren't getting back together. The twitchs from Sheldon and the papers thrown into the air was absolutely perfect. Laughed til I cried. Another episode where Sheldon gets the restaurant napkin with Leonard Nimoy's DNA on it was another delightful show. Mayim always adds a terrific quirkiness to the episodes as well.

I work around a number of physicians and Sheldon's character is a great composite of so many of the doctors' personalities as well - slightly arrogant, likeable, annoying, neurotic and a bit of OCD mixed in.

January 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. friz

Found this really cool item , its a handmade version of that Rubiks cube Tissue Box Holder that sits on the table next to Sheldons Spot or sometimes in the Apt. Kitchen next to the toaster

January 27, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Patrick

Amy's character is amazing! Mayim Bialik will be headed to the Emmy awards next year, book it now. I hope in 2012, we see Sheldon's character evolve. He's got this duality about him that is hilarious – a snobbish arrogance about most of the world around him, and the awkwardness he displays in meeting his intellectual match with Amy. I think she will show him that you can be sickly intelligent and passionate about life at the same time. The hurdles Sheldon will eventually have to go over to please a woman in a relationship will present some hilarious situations. The Tiara thing was a prime example. This is one funny button the writers can hit as much as they want – it'll make TBBT that much better.

January 24, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jessica

Loved the episode!!! I can't wait until their real date! Oh, and by the way, the term for a "first date" when the couple has already dated in the past, at least the one me and my boyfriend coined, is "second first date". I hope their real second first date goes better than the one Leonard imagined!

January 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BBT Fan

I would LOVE to see Leonard and Penny get back together! This show has become one of my all-time favorites! I love every character!

January 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Arima Trinidad

I love this show! One of my niece's turned me onto it and she and I have watched every episode and also watch all of the reruns every evening. I wish something could be done about Raj's problem, he is so sweet and would love to see him w/ someone. The rest of the cast is great. Penny and Leonard together again would be nice.
    To the person who commented here "You do know it's just a show and not real"....of course we do but it's worth watching and the characters make it so.

January 22, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mike

Hey folks, I been away and missed a couple episodes. No mention of Priya. Have they written her out?

January 22, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOMack

Priya went back to India. Working for the man. Kinda liked her.

January 22, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canallan

So yeah they wrote her out, she cheated on Leonard with a guy in India and we haven't hear tell of her in a long time.

January 22, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

So glad Priya is gone! Hope that's a permanent change. She was a boring character that contributed nothing to the show, except for making it unnecessarily complex. Amy Farrah-Fowler is a definite keeper. Bernadette gets really annoying sometimes, but she's better than Priya.

January 26, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

Christ, COMPLEX? Really? If so, maybe you should go back to watching Barney. These sitcom plots/characters are the furthest thing from complex you can find!

January 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

Sorry, I meant Chris, not Christ... gave you WAY too much credit there!! lol

January 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Heather

I like the idea of the show going in a direction that shows these young men "growing up" and learning to fit into the "real" world. What happens when geeks settle down and begin to raise a family? Ugh... my childhood, but people love hearing the stories I tell of my hard core geek father as a parent. I hope they take the show in a direction where they do pair off and begin families but avoid a Friends style soap feel.

January 22, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. spyder

you do know its not real, its only a show.

January 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

That's what I was thinking!! I LOVE the show, I'm a HUGE fan... but these are make believe people, people!!!!!

January 31, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Julesmom

Leonard and Penny just seem right together. I really hope they get back together.

January 21, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Lisa

I sooo hope they get back together and take it to the next level. I LOVE this show such good laughs. Would be interesting to see Raj meet someone as well. Here's to the next 100 episodes! Congrats!

January 21, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. PlayCracktheSky

I was happy see them have a chance to get back together. I thought they had some funny moments in season three when they were together. Plus Sheldon dealing with their relationship and Penny sleeping in their apartment was always amusing.

January 20, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mikrik13

Penny's Dad must have enjoyed this episode.

January 20, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. JR

Leonard has turned into Ross Geller! All whiny and jealous. I would prefer that Leonard and Penny not get back together.

January 20, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sasha

I thought the best part was the reversal from within leonards mind. The only switch was that in his mind bernadette would be their double daters, irl it turns out that amy ist he one who wanted to double date

January 20, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. MPA

LOVED this episode. It shows Penny and Leonard hopeful again. There is affection between them, and it is sweet and charming. Can't wait to see how it progresses, but hope they take things slow. I'm tired of seeing Penny drinking non-stop. And the very best part was a break from Amy! Still not comfortable with her and Sheldon. I don't enjoy her character much. Yes, she has funny moments. I don't hate her. I just don't think she adds that much to the show. The true magic is with Penny and Leonard. Sheldon is brilliant on his own. Raj and Howard play off of each other well. Would love for the show to play more off of the strength of the original cast.

January 20, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigBongTheory

I agree, i also loved this episode. But I have to disagree with your dislike of Sheldon and Amy. Sheldon is an amaznig character, but how far could he actually go if he wasn't given someone different to interact with? We all know the Sheldon who is always right, always neurotic, and always predictable in his quest to show his dominance. I happen to love Bernadette and Amy. They both challenge Howard and Sheldon to break out of their shells. They give all new stories for Howard, Sheldon and Penny (as the bestie). Really, how interesting would this show have been after 5 season of the same people doing the same things week in and week out? The only interesting story line would have been Penny and Leonard, and who knows how long that could have held our attention.
      In short; great episode, AMAZING cast, and well done to a show that has not lost its momentum since it began.

January 21, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Disagree about Amy Farrah-Fowler, who is one of (if not THE) best character on television in years. She is both warm and aloof at the same time...masterful acting and a very unique character, indeed. I didn't think this episode was particularly good, and I am a huge fan. It was very nearly the "Dallas" of sit-com....a cheap imitation which was very disappointing for a normally exceptional show.

January 26, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. maria

The funniest part was during the card game and Sheldon kept asking for "wood", Raj and Howard kept snickering.

January 20, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |