January 20th, 2012

Redford slams Congress, Romney, and debates

Robert Redford likes to say the Sundance Film Festival is all about the artists, but politics are always part of the equation.

Redford set the tone at his opening day news conference (after first saying “I’m not going to get into politics”) by criticizing Republicans in Congress as narrow-minded. He also blasted the Republican Presidential debates, saying, the candidates have a “mushroom cloud of ego hovering” over them.

He even took a swipe at Mitt Romney’s taste in movies.

“Mitt Romney can go and see what he likes. If he likes ‘Transformers’, great. It’s there for him. But that’s not where we are [at Sundance]”, he told the audience of journalists.

Later in a sit down interview with CNN, he elaborated on his criticism of Congress.

Redford said he was raised to believe the Republican and Democratic parties were “supposed to compromise to move our country forward. It’s just not happening [now].”

However, he didn’t spend the whole news conference bashing the right. The actor also spoke about films, including new movies from veteran directors Spike Lee and Stephen Frears.

“It’s obviously gratifying because the more the merrier," Redford said. "Because we’ve remained independent and we’ve kept this category solid um which which has not been easy sometimes.  Sometimes we’ve been perceived as going Hollywood or selling out because of the kinds of people who came here.”

Peter Jackson, Richard Gere, Helen Hunt, Sigourney Weaver, Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta-Jones are just a few of the stars with projects at Sundance.

Redford first founded the Sundance Institute in 1981. These days his festival attracts thousands of stars, fans and industry types to Park City, Utah for film screenings and events.

1. Me

Rush was right....these ONE PERCENTERS need to act like liberals to keep the masses off their asses. I mean, if you speak like a liberal, nobody gets mad at you for your insane wealth.

January 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • carlo

to hear BIG RED pontificate on the virtues of one thought congress is well rather childish. I hope he is checking himself mentally.-care is needed. bush burried us. ...think again as to what this president unqualified"campaigner"will do next to ruin this country-who knows. God help us. i understand that mister Redford wishes to glorify the "the weathermen" as saviors of the terrorist movement... well, the fact that they killed people, and broke the law, leaves me wondering just what plante robert is inhabiting. he and his cronnies condon such behavior and them raise them up a spiritual slippery slope and purify them... well. i see things the Hollywood elites wish to praise. killers, druggies, terrorists. and anti-americans.hope you feel something for the people who were killed in these attempts to :purge the U S of undesirables, what about the innocents who got killed, got any feeling for the and there families. what a bunch of neatherthals and their desire to change the world and mandate their way of life. ROBERT RED RIDER, BECAUSE YOU CONDONE THIS ACTION, YOU MIGHT AS WELLHAVE BEEN PRESENT. OR MAYBE YOU WERE. AFTER ALL YOU ARE "ELECTRIC ,COWBOY. NO SHAME, NO FAME.

March 29, 2013 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. Poca

Mr. Redford well said. Sundance is not for the 1%ers. Only actors and actresses, etc. who are poor and not out to make millions. Honestly, what would happen if actors started making millions of dollars? Remain modest, remain true, and do it for the entertainment and be humble. Mr. Redford you are the perfect spokesman.

January 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dave NY USA

I LOVE how this liberal, whining assshole says the 1%ers are not welcome ... and he said this while sitting in front of a Chase Bank banner!

January 24, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Marc

Really?!? He said that Sundance isn't for the 1%! Right, because the 1% aren't skiing on the Park City UT slopes!! What a tool...

January 24, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Behonest

As much as Obama has disappointed me somewhat, I think Mr Redford has took the word out of my mouth. I hate the fact that one side sole purpose is to destroy the other party by any means mentality, thus neither party can actually focus on the trouble at hand, rather they spent all their energy and money to fight one another or worse, within their own parties. A bunch of very sad self-centered and careless grown ups who claimed to care about the American people.

January 23, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. corpsman

Bob Redford for president!!

January 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. yottata

January 23, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dave from NY

Barack Obama is as much a liberal as the sainted (to the right) Ronald Reagan was a conservative. Would you on the right like to have us go back to the tax rates under Reagan?

January 23, 2012 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. sabinabarnes

Bob,needs help.and a block party,not pres obama top that.

January 23, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. sabinabarnes

Hof, eat rocks Oooooooooooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmaaaaaaaa,4 more years.

January 23, 2012 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. Booby Trap

To read the posts of tedt and the rest of the vile trash they spew is a good example of what this country will be with a republican in the white house. Repubs and tea party people don't want you to have an education, they want you to be illiterate slaves like tedt. Obama 2012!

January 23, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. Booby Trap

To read the posts of tedt and the rest of the vile trash they spew is a good example of what this country with a republican in the white house. Repubs and tea party people don't want you to have an education, they want you to be illiterate slaves like tedt. Obama 2012!

January 23, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. donna

im 54 and never voted ive been watching politics for years my friend wants me to vote but i dont see honesty in any of the people i dont see our country pulling together i jurt see people bashing people an airing their dirty laundry making america promises they cant keep because no one works with anyone if someday they decide to change then maybe i will vote it just saddens me to see the united states act this way lose the drama and pull together as the one nation we talk about

January 23, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. saftgek

Mr. Redford could not have stated the obvious more accurately.

A person of his stature is well-positioned to make public comments on behalf of civilized human beings.

The Right, and Ultra-Right, are disconnected from a sense of right and wrong. They blindly follow the lead of arrogant, elitist, racist "candidates" for none but hate-filled motives.

Gingrich is absent any sense of morality and ethics. Romney is – perhaps – the most arrogant and phony of all. The remainder are dreaming if they believe they're in contention.

President Obama, under extraordinary conditions, has done an admirable job. Imagine what a great condition our country would be in if the GOP hadn't declared war on the President – and the country – on Inauguration Day 2009!

January 23, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. redford is a idiot!

Who cares what this actor says? Its his opinion, nothing else. He is a suck up to 0bama. May 0bama can borrow money from Bob and 0prah to pay our growing debt! 0bama go away Bob shut up. 0bama went to Havard? Big deal he is still ignorant and HAS N0 BUSINESS running America. He hasnt any experiemce and what is his record? Solyandra and spend. Hit the road barack!

January 22, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  16. tedt

My name is ted t and you know I be right. I be ready to put up a fight! I gonna pound these right wing freaks, you call dem conservo and I say dey iz geeks! I pump their rump with my lil stump, I iz gonna take care of all dese chumps! Bring it.

January 22, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. tedt

You wacky right wing freaks iz gonna suffer the wrath of ted t! I just wanna pump u full of my salty spoo!! You punks iz gonna polish my knob right before I pack your fudge!! Let's get down and get bizzy!!

January 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tedt

I just wanna take a big ol dil-do and ram dem republicans in da keister! Dem ho-mos gotta meet my friend Ben....Ben Dover. Dem treasonists is gonna pay when I slam them in da poop chute and make them be walkin bowlegged for a month. Dey can all suk my lil peter!

January 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mike b.

Mike b gay and I wanna say its time to play with Bob and Ray! We all pack that fudge so tight, I rock their pooper with all my might! Next time you see me pound dat rear, you know that dude will shed a tear....cuz my peter be so large, there be no doubt who be in charge!!! Suk it.

January 22, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. truman Angel

Hey all you pillow biters! Let's get down and get bizzy! I luv to schlob a beefy knob. Any of you fairies wanna hook up and play hide da pickle?? I will pack yo fudge fo free!!

January 22, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. guester

The only thing I care about is pumoing the plump rump of sum chump with my lil stump! I love dem big ol jig-a-boo meat sticks!

January 22, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mike b.

Hey, lay off Roy Hobbs! Congress' approval ratings are pathetic for a reason. Wonderboy!!!

January 22, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. madhater

Ooh I iz gonna be elbow deep in tracie's butt hole, she'll probably let me stick my foot in her pu55y.

January 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ?

Party down with dudes!! Jig-a-boos rule with da monster schlongs!

January 22, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  25. ?

@troll,
    Keep up the good work! *hugs*

January 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. madhater

I iz also a flamin fairy! I love to probe da poop chute! Let's hook up and ram each other silly! You be walkin bowlegged for a week when I am done with you!!

January 22, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bob

Have you met my brother, neil. That's what we do, kneel and bob! My buddy Ben just showed up....Ben Dover. We iz gonna pack some fudge!!

January 22, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  28. BLOGGING IDIOTS

I be a fairy and a fruit! I just want to pack some fudge! Any gayboyz wanna ram my pooper? Let's get down.

January 22, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  29. BLOGGING IDIOTS!

It takes a lot longer than three and a half years to fix a broken economy-especially when the world and planet as a whole are changing and new ways and solutions have to be found.

Thanks to the republicans and their greedy corporate sponsors, China not only has soared financially, but is now SPYING on us to see what else they skim off of us. Thanks! I hope they are not planning to attack us to further their desire to flex superiority and power over us.....Do you know who your real enemies are foolish tea people?

January 22, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  30. bob

Mr Redford u suck moron

January 22, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  31. BLOGGING IDIOTS!

Wow, the man said we needed a congress that worked for the people and all these frustrated tea baggers had to get on here bad mouthing him for speaking a truth that they are too stupid and narrow minded to see. All this nonsense about his career! Who cares what he does for a living the man has a right to speak you idiots! He is an American, is he not?! Does not every law-abiding citizen have a voice in America? Oh, he can't speak because you morons are angry and embarrassed at how ridiculous your idiot party members look? Liberal this and liberal that. You stupid fools care more about who's team your on than you have the ability to understand what's happening in our country.

January 22, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. Kathy

I really think Americans need to go back and learn about how our government works. The oresident is a small part of the decision making process. Also, regarding jobs overseas and in Mexico, this has been going on for over 20 years. I have been job eliminated 3 times over these past years as my jobs were sent to India and other countries. Also, 4 years in office does not give much time to straighten out our issues. One last thing, it is time to get a smart women as President like Hilary Clinton. She could get the country back on track. Yes, I said Hilary Clinton...

January 22, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
    • ?

Hillary Clinton can't even keep her husband off the chubbies, how's she going to run the country? She talks a lot about freedom, just like all the other politicians, but the reality is she only cares about herself and maintaining her own power and lifestyle. She's elitist s©um. They're all elitist s©um.

January 22, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  33. Emelia

Never heard of Sundance. Never heard of Redford. But either way, this guy's got a point or 5, and not to mention, that's more than those politicians ever did. Doesn't matter whether a person's relevant if what they're saying is.

January 22, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  34. peter

Congressman Redford

January 22, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  35. Andy hrehorovich

Mr Redford feels it and he sees it coming, with the congressional decisions. I can also see a strange parallel with 1930 nazi Germany. For instance, the eerie similarity between the Patriot Act and the nazi enabling act

January 22, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  36. bblue

Anyone that would call a human an anus face must be a person with a low iq and a republican.

January 21, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. spyder

herman cain is actually starting to look good with the candidates that are left in the race. He was the only viable alternative to obama, but like most in power, he needed some saltpeter, too much lead in his pencil 8)

January 21, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  38. bob

Bob Redford its over johnnyno one cares anus face

January 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Xtreme Stan

If the Mayan calender is correct it doesn't matter we are done on 12\21\12!! GOD bless. XS

January 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bob Holben

Three cheers for Bob Redord!! Hip hip hoorayX3!

January 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. madhater

You're all f@gs.

January 21, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. bob

All I have to say to Bob Redford is blow me windbag

January 21, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  43. LoJenk

January 21, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  44. GlenO

I have always been a movie fan of Robert Redford but his leftish thoughts sure are disappointing. I am also disappointed in Congress but how in the world can Redford be pleased with the Democrats? They are simply a give away program bringing this country to its knees. Maybe we simply need to vote out "Movie Stars" by quit going to their movies and vote out "Congress" for their non-performance. I specifically think the only way to improve Congress is to simply put them on a 6 year term limit.

January 21, 2012 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  45. Hof

Redford should stick to what he does best – resembling a prune.

January 21, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  46. Ja94

Im fkg tired...gng mimis

January 21, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  47. Ja94

RR dated my gr8 gr8 granny

January 21, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  48. Ja94

LICK MY ANUS

January 21, 2012 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  49. Wole

This is school without homework

January 21, 2012 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  50. deeashley

SHAWN its apparent U are a product of a fine American Public School, or U would have LEARNED the reason you couldnt any longer fit in YOUR High Chair in Eight grade is Because you get fatter and OLDER!! Tampon Licker, that reminds me, keep your mouth open, I,ll be right back! D. AGGIE I do agree with U on the Pipe Line, and dispite what U have been forced brain raped 2 believe more than U need 2 take in Air, Dem or Repub the pipe line shall go forward. Before U continue your trashing of OBAMA consider this: Why would a BLACK MAN, and I do refer 2 he as such, because I,m all but sure U and 97 percent of AMERICANS living 2012 BC have regress from the fact WE are ALL Simply AMERICANS!! Why would this man, coming out of HARVARD, could,ve written his own check 2 the Grim Reper and lived forever, take a MIDDLE CLASS PAYING job N a place called of all places: the White House what if he really thought he could really make a difference! Even F he brings1woman,s son home!

January 21, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • CityGirl

@deeashley, do you even know what it is you are writing? I find it difficult to understand you or your point. Your grammar is atrocious, your spelling is unintelligible, and your sentence structure is non-existent. Please, you put down public schooling but I think you need to attend. You are incoherent. Stop putting other people down and learn to read, write, and employ proper grammar. After you do this, come back and express yourself in a comprehensive manner.

January 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Arnoldo

@ababy Sundance! Thank you RR, 4stating what many Americans think of Congress "Gridlock at its Best"! Move America forward Congress! Thanks!

January 21, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  52. republicans suck

With names like DinglePerry, Duche Gingrich, Mitt Dumbny, etc. no wonder all the rightys are so bitter and resorting to tea bagging! Get a life – or move to an island all by yourselves and raise more bitter idiots like Bush.

January 21, 2012 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  53. Booby Trap

Did anyone notice that the people who bash the Democrats and actors who support the President, can't write, spell, or be able to write a complete sentence without making personal attacks on others with different opinions? After reading their posts, the prove that Redford is right! So please drink your Kool-Aid, do something else while living in your mother's basement!

January 21, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  54. bob

At sundance Mr Redford likes to Sandusky young film makers

January 21, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  55. dre aggie

Sundance is a great thing for independent films. Stick with that Bob, and stay out of politics. Obama had the house and senate for two years to pass anything he wanted. What we got was a worse mess. He drove the country cmpletely off the rails. You are correct, the parties should be able to comprimes. But that takes two and Obama doesn't want to discuss anything that's not his idea. Talk about egos, he takes top prize. Look at a US map of pipelines. There are hundreds covering thousands of miles. Was Keystone pipeline really a threat after it was re-routed? It was what middle America needs, jobs. What happened to getting america back to wrork? Maybe we should give another 500 billion to solyndra. That worked work so well the first time. It's time for Obama to go back to organizing community block parties.

January 21, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  56. Shawn

Man he looks old. It makes me feel really old. It seems just yesterday i saw the movie the natural.

January 20, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Josaline Jackson

Gee, all that criticism but not a word about the great job Barak Hussein Obama's doing?? Hey, Redford, you left out George Bush. And get a facelift. You look terrible.

January 20, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  58. big Al of KC

For those that have slammed Ronald Regan, at least he had better credentials and experience beyond Obama! He was a proven leader and not a hot air flip flopper like Obama stalling job creation like the Keystone Pipeline! Got it! Robert Redford is a hypocrite. He talks about the GOP runners about their egos, shows that he should really look for the "log in his eye"!

January 20, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  59. David

Romney in 2012

January 20, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. deeashley

Dawn, its me, ASHLEY, I stepped from the table just to let you know....oh the Lam Chops are so darling, could you just die! What, get to the point U say? Well as much as I love the name Ely, and a wonderful CHEESE Sauce PEYTON MANNING is the NFL,s MVP gotta go!

January 20, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. william

REDford commenting on conservatives is like Trotsky or Marx downplaying the positive effects of the US on the world and cheering PolPot from the sidelines. What a moron.

January 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  62. william

A

January 20, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  63. deeashley

Dawn. Ure indeed correct under ANY Repub and or Demo the Nation WILL pay more TAX U see the more jobs a nation loses the more U and I have to bridge that gap U dont think my Dad,s Accountant is going 2 allow him to bridge it, Do U mom wants him to stay @ 15 per cent , just like what the HELL is that guy,s name damnit I know my Dad attended a 1000 dollar a plate Dinner with him. I think we should cut more American education judging from the comments here, boys we are on our way back to burning women as Witches, whats next....killing Social Security, and burning crosses isnt that what comes with declining Education, and Greed, it really is the freeloaders that are killing America, but not the ones U pinheads have been TV Washed Brained to shout about on que. Oh my Plate is here!

January 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Hof

Redford should dtick to things he does best, such as looking like a caucasian prune.

January 20, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  65. David

Anyone would be better than Obama!

January 20, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Art Vandolay

Bobby, Why no Jeremiah Johnson II ? Give the people what they want-more indian killing. -Art

January 20, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. shelly

Ok nancy number 1 I'm not a democrat number 2 I liked bill clinton number 3 barak obama is no bill clinton!

January 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Peace

I was married for 38 years and I have lived a long time. I love this man!

January 20, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  69. bob

No one cares what this has been has to say. Put him in the shower with Sandusky and let them get it on. Yeah baby

January 20, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Capt. Obvious

HAHAHA ! The list of celebrities at the end of the column looked like the ending credits for the sequel to Team America World Police.

January 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Smith

Redford is a douch bag – compromise means you find a middle ground you just don't bend over for the Democrates.

January 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  72. mike

What a waste who cares what a stupid actor thinks. Stop wasting our time with loser liberal opinions. God you lib sheep are somthing else. Red stick to acting and shut your hole

January 20, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Johnny

Holy cow! Redford looks like hell. He is not aging gracefully.

January 20, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  74. cklutch

This whole firsty crap is annoying. It's not clever and you sound like a moron.

January 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rose

Hey Robert...maybe you can get the entire Congress to give up ALL their overinflated perks. All of them. Zip. Zero. Healthcare, pensions, salary, perks.

Then we'll find out how much all these over paid politicians really care.

Also, Robert...and CNN. Take time out to do the research on the richest men in Congress aka 'business men". Yep, it's Democrats.

I'm an Independent because I'm so of the double standard in journalism and Hollywood. Bunch of hypocrites. We need a 3rd party.

January 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tander

Redford is a mediocre director and actor, and I believe he's just jealous of anybody richer and more successful than he is (like Romney). Many others have stated that movie stars should stick to movies.... and I agree.

January 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • truman Angel

Bet you &10,000 that Bob is richer and more successful than Mit.

January 22, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Donkey Party

Wow Kristina, you nailed it! Will you marry me? ; )

January 20, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Kathryn

I loved you Bob as Sundance and your love for this country! I also agree both parties should be working together for the better of this country but if everything is to be blamed on the Republicans as you say then I guess we can blame hollywood for the downfall of the morals of this country! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

January 20, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  79. barbara

Quick... someone get this man a comb!! I think Redford is brilliant director and good actor. I could care less and no weight to what he has to say about any political candidate. He's a human being, not some God.

January 20, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

I'm sure the feeling is mutual, Babs.

January 20, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

You lost my attention when the first thing you had to comment on was... his hair? Your mom must be so proud.

January 20, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  80. prythus

stan is right, stop paying taxes, and all other financial obligations, this will hit them where it hurts......their god is money, everything else is irrelevent. This house of cards must fall, a government of the people, for the people, by the people..... we can end it all by taking controlling the the only think they worship....money!

January 20, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  81. deeashley

I suppose my proir POST wont get posted I was a bit hard on us...love U Sundance

January 20, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. kristina

Why is it that all you ignorant, angry, right wing jackholes are fine with celebrity involvement in politics and policy as long as they're a republican? Bet you don't wish Reagan had just stuck to his craft. Maybe that's because he was such a crappy actor. Just sit down and shut up. You're probably old and white and terrified because you are the ones who are becoming irrelevant.

January 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Peggie Davis

Robert Redford is a sound voice in echoing what most of middle America is sick and tired of: an interpersonal fight within Congress thwarting ANY real effective and worthy changes + the "pretty boy" spite fights among the GOP in their fairly waste-of-time barbs at one another in Iowa, New Hampshire and now closing So. Carolina. Further? The chest pounding "I'll be better than Obama" rhetoric has worn thin on me; boring to tears; absolutely changes nothing in regard to my LOW opinion of all contenders...

January 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathryn

If anyone is boring it's Obama! I don't like what the right has to offer but if Obama is in for one more term then I will need a hanky!

January 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  84. deeashley

Mary I went back and read your comments I must sadly agree. In the church I and my family have attended since my birth where my house and the homes our....friends line up ever so perfectly not 72 yards off Floridas beach we like most Chrirtians all huddle around in the Church and pray James is granted another job allowing him and my father to attend more 1000 plate dinners for there MAN, it DAWNED on me that our little JACKSONVILLE BEACH Church should start its own company and maybe even give people like our brother Jim another CEO position. Our Partor speedly informed me of my foolish blonde idea RUBBISH. Try your Church, its for sure mine didnt read JAMES 2:16 through 26 I am just saying I hear all these great church promises and few if any create anything but hot AIR! Hey just like the guy whos 1000 dinner dad will attend, dad says the is going use the money to upstart a Trucking Co. in Mexico Oh who the hell was that GUY who said, put no faith in human Leaders...?

January 20, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Lou Taylor

Redford is another Hollywood dope....What has the Democratic Party done...Welfare...social program...
    get a life...stop listening to the Hollywood

January 20, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Led us to victory in World War 2 and sent us to the moon two name a couple things off the top of my head, you ungrateful right-wing fanatic.

January 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Sokman

Redford is horrible, but his salad dressing is good... Oh wait, that's Paul Newman... Nevermind. I should just shut up & go back to watching South Park, the most socially relevent show on today.

January 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Yeah, you just stick to your bobble-headed cartoons, buddy, and leave the discussion to the grown ups.

January 20, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  87. sunshine p

And we should care because why... Exactly?

January 20, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  88. wiigin

Redford you are an idiot. Yeah, and the "other" party did the same thing when Bush was in office. Why is it that all the left wing nut jobs have short term memories. Open you eyes, both sides are the same, same agenda...power and money.

January 20, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Phil

Who cares what Robert Redford thinks... Celebrities should stick to their craft and keep opinions to themselves! Streisand promised to move out of the country if Bush won... Last time I checked she was still living in California. Balh, blah, blah...

January 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Stick to their craft? You sound a bit fascist there, Philly. This country was founded on the principle that people have the right to offer their opinion. I'm sure you can catch a redeye to Beijing.

And by your argument, all these career politicians are sticking to their craft as well. And look how well that's gone. Yeah, hurry, you'll miss your flight.

January 20, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • truman Angel

I wish Ray gun had done that.

January 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Lonna

Mr. Redford, please run for office. The country needs you. You can't get things to change unless you are a part of it. Trying to change things from the sidelines doesn't work. We need people with more diverse backgrounds in public office. Too many lawyers.

January 20, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Natalie

Redford is Rockfabulous!

January 20, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Stan

The only way to get any action from Washington DC is to stop paying taxes and start a real tea party like our founding fathers did to England. Debating the subject is a f-– waste!!

January 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  93. deeashley

I love Sundance happy it all worked out.

January 20, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  94. SD

Everything Romney touches turns to gold. I say America could use a touch like that about now...

January 20, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Louie

I could sure use some gold.

January 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • cblack

And we know what happens to the MIDAS touch... id – 10 t

January 20, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

Oh, Mitt's got some for you, alright. You will just have to pay more taxes, so he can get that extra $150k, and thrn he'll create more jobs. Mitt and Gingrich will tell you to get off your lazy butt and work 2 or 3 jobs cuz they need you to take a.pay cut, they need more profits and if you won't take a pay cut they'll outsource you to china. Live with it and dont think food stamps will be there,.dont care if you've paid taxes that funded them, dumpster dive. Sorry janitors, we're gonna take your job and split it between 5 poor kids that need to learn how to work, at least that's the program I run at home with my illegal cleaners.

January 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • nancy

\your right sd. but his gold is at the expense of all the jobs he destroyed by buying out buisnesses and canabalizing them. He made money by others loosing thier jobs

January 20, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Charles

@Rick you are irrelevent. Redford has an audience and prestige that he earned. You sound like one of the anry right wing who hate the lefties in Hollywood. k

January 20, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  96. matt

hey how bout them giants

January 20, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Watcher

Redford is right on!..... What passes for goverment in this day and age does nothing except enrich themselves and USE the taxpaying US citizens.
    FACT.

January 20, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • lakekid

yup, enriching themselves.Obama playing over 90 holes of golf, Michelle taking off in Air Force jet 4 hours ahead of Barry, parties, "date night" flights...they are TOTALLY into enriching themselves at the taxpayers dollar!!!!!!

January 20, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  98. mary

January 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  99. mary

Guess what, I slam Congress, Mitt Romney the debates too! We all do! And nothing changes and I don't get a blog written. That's sad. I'm just as relevant. I'm glad some one's voice is heard! Mary

January 20, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Loren

Well, Bob, how effective have Democratic fostered social policies worked over the last half century? I see that our inner cities have gotten worse, endemic poverty still exists and the social disruption has spread. I realize that the Republicans aren't the answer, but the Democrats haven't been, so trying the same things need to stop and that depends on the Democrats realizing their programs have been failures.

January 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • cblack

Please stop the sound bits... Really understand what the F*** you are talking about... STOP LISTENING/READING THE RACIST MEDIA...

January 20, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathryn

Everything you said is an absolute fact! Most people that live off the government programs have been doing it for ever without even so much as paying a dime into it themselves and believe me I know a lot of them!

January 20, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • nancy

over half of that time has been under a republican president. Also under a democrate we had a balanced budget, fed surplus. (clinton).

January 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Felicia

To CBLACK: You're rude and you have a nasty mouth.

January 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • remembers history

Wow. You sound kinda one sided, jaded and unbending..... a stonewall. Nice talking with you.

January 21, 2012 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
    • mmad5camp

You are so right Loren, most of the policies that the Democrats have put in place has not seriously addressed many issues. But they are a hell of a lot better than what the Republicans have completed. Two wars not paid for. Medicaid drug plan, not paid for. Corporate Welfare, i.e. billions to oil companies, millions to big farm subsides. Neither side is right all the time, but at least the Democrats has tried to play fair.

January 23, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Rick

Mr. Redford, you are totally irrelevant!!! Who gives a crap about your political opinions.
    Speaking of egos, you and your Hollywood buddie's egos actually got you believing people are interested in your comments.
    Get real

January 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ?

I'll bet this is Rick Santorum. Go back to running your campaign of fail.

January 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

You were interested enough to click on the article, but something tells me you were also zealously narrow minded and didn't bother to read what he had to say.

January 20, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Rick, you wouldn't happen to be brown, frothy and greasy, would you?

January 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • remembers history

Redford is a hollywood political icon. He has been an outspoken advocate on all facets of Americans rights. If you want the short version I imagine wikapedia would suffice.

January 21, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul

well..... all I have to say is thank you Robert Redford. Truer words were never spoken!

January 21, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Guester

Odd. You think No one cares about Redford's opinion but we all somehow care about yours?

January 22, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • tedt

If redford is irrelevant so is the whole treasonist republican party for obstructing the forward progress of the nation of the united states of america

January 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • tedt

As relevant as a obstructionist republican party that spews hate and treasonist policy. Just to get the black man out of the whitehouse

January 22, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |