Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation coming soon
January 20th, 2012

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation coming soon

Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation will get underway on February 29, according to Billboard.

The non-profit charity, named for the pop star’s hit song, will celebrate its launch with a soiree at Harvard University’s Sanders Theatre.

Gaga first announced the creation of her Born This Way Foundation - to address issues like self-confidence, anti-bullying and career development - in November. She’s directing charity with her mother, Cynthia Germanotta.

And Gaga’s “Born This Way” album inspired more than just her foundation. It earned the singer a nomination for outstanding music artist by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, which will host the 23rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards this spring.

Gaga also topped DoSomething.org’s list of 2011’s most charitable celebrities for her anti-bullying efforts, including her forthcoming foundation.

And in September, after the suicide of a bullied Buffalo, New York, teen, the singer said she supported making bullying illegal.

Filed under: Lady Gaga

1. latin ladies for marriage

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my weblog so i got here to return the favor?.I am trying to find things to improve my site!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!!

April 24, 2012 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. Richard Fore

I just love her. She makes me squeal like a little piggy! I have a pair of those glasses too. I guess i'm one of her little "one eyed" monsters.

January 20, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ?

@lojenk would u take those videos of urs to a fox blog. Observer and his friends like that stuff. TY

January 20, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtVMFqQ3Z4&w=640&h=390]

January 20, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • EndTheHate

LoJenk
      Thank you for reminding us why Lady GaGa's work is so important.
      In a few short years all Americans will pity and shun you for your choice to be an intolerant, hate mongering bigot.
      I hope you enjoy the fact that gay marriage will be legal in all of America in the next 5 to 10 years and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that.

January 22, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. ?

Bullying should be illegal. Glaad she's doing this.

January 20, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • ?

I think it's already illegal. Existing laws cover things like harassment and violence. I'm dubious of the government handling it with new legislation in a way that doesn't impact free speech.

January 20, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |