Nick Cannon: I'm back, and feeling 100 percent
January 18th, 2012

Nick Cannon: I'm back, and feeling 100 percent

Two weeks following his hospitalization in Aspen due to kidney troubles, Nick Cannon is on the mend.

The actor and "America's Got Talent" host has posted a video reassuring fans that he's regaining his health, and during a simulcast interview with Howard Stern Tuesday, the 31-year-old gave a more detailed explanation of what was going on.

Originally, doctors thought it was kidney stones, but after more tests they realized it "was more serious, and they found that my kidneys weren't functioning well," he said.

"We didn't want to say 'kidney failure' because then people think, 'Uh oh I gotta go get new kidneys' and Gary Coleman and all of that," he explained. "We didn't want to go there, so we said 'mild kidney failure.'"

He has a few more procedures, "but I'm good, I'm back, I'm feeling 100 percent," he assured Stern.

When his new "AGT" colleague (Stern is a new judge on the competition, replacing Piers Morgan) noted that Cannon really could just sit back and relax rather than "take on 20 jobs," the media personality said he is going to try to ease up on his crazy work ethic.

"I was always [taught] the harder you work, the more you can accomplish, but because of this situation, I know that I don't need to go too hard."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Haywood Philipp

Kidney stones typically leave the body by passage in the urine stream, and many stones are formed and passed without causing symptoms. If stones grow to sufficient size (usually at least 3 millimeters (0.12 in)) they can cause obstruction of the ureter. ;""

http://www.calaguas.orgHave fun

May 23, 2013 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. Cletis

What kind of comments are these ?

January 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Reeby Jean

@tracie you've pulled this'crap' before,back when the old charlie crack friends thought they were the'sh!t.Wipe you mouth and dry you eyes you know you're not going to do anything LL,Paris and Nick are just getting more attention than you are.You'll be back to your old stinky self tomorrow.

January 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @tracie

Go ahead! We won't miss your poop and butthole comments!!

January 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. m

tracie,

I've noticed your comments on more than one news article; they are quit disturbing. i think you may want to seek out medical attention. NO. YOU should not kill yourself. life can get hard, but its only temporary. take care of yourself

January 18, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Y

Richard Fore aka Dick Four' stop being jealous of Nick,he does work out he has an amazing body do you?How much staff do you have at your mansion?

January 18, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. fernace

Well, I for 1 was not fooled by the "mild" description of the kidney failure! Anytime you put "kidney" & "failure" in a sentence, it's serious! I hope Nick does slow down & concentrate on stickin' around for "dembabies" & his talented wife! 31 is waaay to young to go thru something w/such dire health reprecussions! Take it easy, Nick, your already a success!!

January 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda Jo

I'm glad you're back take care of yourself,you're a good man now just concentrate on your lovely family.

January 18, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |