Is Emily Maynard the new 'Bachelorette'?
January 18th, 2012

Is Emily Maynard the new 'Bachelorette'?

Reports are circulating that Emily Maynard, 25, will return to reality TV to try and find love once again.

According to People magazine, the single mom was hesitant to sign on,  but "The Bachelorette" is rumored to be relocating production to her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina. If that were to happen, she could potentially do the show without being away from her daughter.

Maynard has already fallen in love on the ABC franchise, as she won season 15 of "The Bachelor" and was briefly engaged to Brad Womack.

Their relationship came to a standstill last summer, as she explained to host Chris Harrison on an episode of "The Bachelorette" that there were just too many "red flags."

If Maynard is indeed the new "Bachelorette," it also seems she's had a change of heart on her views about finding romance with cameras capturing every kiss, as she previously wasn't so keen on the spotlight.

"Anyone who is on 'The Bachelor' or 'The Bachelorette' should expect that attention," she said. "Once the cameras stopped rolling, you can expect to be followed at the grocery store. I could barely leave my home with the paparazzi following me...I don't want to worry about whether cameramen are in my bushes, or if my private conversations end up in a tabloid."

Maybe it's time for her to start worrying about that again. What do you think - would Maynard make a good "Bachelorette"?

1. The Internet is new to me, being that I just retired. There are a lot of topics on the Internet and I am reading on many of those and commenting. I think I really appreciate the basics of what you have here in this blog. I am approaching this from all sid

Thank you for some other excellent article. The place else may just anybody get that type of information in such a perfect approach of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.

August 6, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. I am just getting started on the Internet. I am retired now. There is quite a rich diversity of information in blogs so I am getting involved and commenting. I don't understand everything that is in all the blogs that I read, but I like your presentation

Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This is a very neatly written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

August 6, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. free text message online

Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my site thus i got here to go back the prefer?.I'm attempting to in finding things to enhance my site!I guess its adequate to use a few of your ideas!!

July 25, 2012 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. unlimited phone plans

Somebody essentially assist to make critically posts I'd state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular submit extraordinary. Excellent job!

June 22, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scentsy Canada,Scentsy Candles Canada,Scentsy Wickless Candles Canada,Buy Scentsy Canada,Buy Scentsy Candles Canada,Buy Scentsy Wickless Candles Canada,Buy Scentsy Online Canada,Buy Scentsy Candles Online Canada,Buy Scentsy Products Canada,Buy Scentsy Pro

What a great share! Cheers!

June 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Taj Mahal Pictures

Awesome things here. I'm very glad to peer your article. Thank you a lot and I'm taking a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

May 16, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. video fun

My brother recommended I may like this blog. He used to be entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

April 5, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. poncha

I love Emily!!! I think she has a feminine side that is so beautiful, cordial, elegant, caring, respectful and centered. I think she is real and deserves a well chosen man. I don't think she is boring, she is polite above all and a very nice lady.

February 3, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. uncgirl1

She has a child by Rick Hendrick's (Hendrick Motorsports) deceased son. I think there should be better way for her to find love again other tahn to flaunt herself and her story on National TV. It's disrespectful to her child's father's memory and to the Henrick family. It's not like she needs money. Her child will be WELL taken care of financially. I just think it's disrespectful and classless.

January 31, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terrisa

I totally agree with you. It is disrespectful to the Hendrick's family, their son's memory, even if she didn't have the money. Ultimately, I think it's disrespectful to her daughter. She's been on TV, in the limelight enough already!

May 9, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. morgan

You people are horrible. She is a very nice person. Always judging people you don't even know. You will have to pay one day in the eyes of the beholder.

January 29, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ep_vet

She on the same road as the other pompous, narcissististic, 40 year old unmarrieds "still waiting for Mr. Right with the millions I deserve." Luckily she has a kid that keep her company in her old age.

January 29, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nfdgnfdhd

Bring shantell back please, c,mom ABC

January 29, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  13. sk

I think Chantel from Seattle would be the best bachelorette! Not the mortuary Shawntel, that made a fool of herself thinking she could walk in mid-season and hook Brad, but the fun, outgoing Chantel!

January 28, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SmWzQuD_tE&w=640&h=390]

January 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hyde

This should be a real riot..This gal is such a flake!

January 27, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. bologna

she's been on twice now give someone else a chance, or can you not find another. you alays take from one show to put on the other. Please find new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 25, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. SoTex Jo

If she is on the show again they have lost me as a viewer. Hated her the 1st time around and prayed she would get booted. She has too many issues with her deceased husband and has not taken enough time to get past that relationship. It would not be fair to the men to have her on the show.

January 25, 2012 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  18. ForgetMeNot

Do you know how RARE it is to find a man who will accept and love the child of another man, in addition to loving you? That makes the Bachelorette's search even harder, as if it's not already hard enough. She has to not only find someone who loves her, but will also love her daughter. Personally, I think it's just a way for her to fund her way of life and support her daughter on her own. She gets so much exposure and being the beautiful woman that she is, something's bound to come out of it the more exposure she gets. She fits the bill of the typical American Beauty, so why not exploit it right? Something along the lines of Kate Gosselin and Octomom – if it works, why not?

Really, is that the only way you can think of to support the lifestyle to which you've become accustomed? I think it's the worst way to demonstrate to your child "How to Succeed in Life Without Really Trying".

January 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jenn

I loved Emily on the Bachelor. I can't wait to watch her on the Bachelorette. Great choice ABC!!!!!

January 24, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  20. Shut Up!!

Seriously...if you don't like the show....don't watch it! But please shut the hell up about it!!!

January 24, 2012 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Canadian

Here's an idea..get someone new!

January 23, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CrewGirl

Maybe they could bring back Bentley as well. He was dissappointed that Ashley was the bachelorette last season. That could add some drama mama.

January 21, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Peggy Sue

The show will have all-time high ratings if Emily is the next Bachelorette. She's beautiful, and we are all going to want to watch and see who she picks. The irony is that she got mad watching her season, at how Brad was not just paying attention to and amorous with her – and she is going to be put in the exact same situation unless she's planning to hug everyone and give granny kisses. I don't try to make sense out of these shows, I just enjoy them – and it would be a great season if Emily were on it!

January 21, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  24. jeannie

I agree. Pretty and boring – don't know if I'll watch. Same thing I'm doing now with this Ben guy. He is very boring and obsessed about his dad's passing = I'm not watching this season. Sorry Ben fans.

January 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. firebird9999

I used to watch these shows but got so sick of them. They're all the same. So now, if I feel the need to keep up on a once guilty pleasure I read the recaps online. Saves me time and irritation.

January 20, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  26. karen

Why not choose someone with a personality, who isn't still in love with her dead fiance, is high maintenance and blew Brad off because she probably couldn't play princess with him. Plus, she'd probably never leave the Hendricks money.

January 20, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  27. Roxane

I guarantee that is if they pick Emily as the next Bachelorette, I will not be watching. She is too boring and too perfect – and not in a good way!

January 20, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  28. JmAN

Well even though I think she beautiful... No one would compare to Ricky..... Theres a reason why she might be single. It would be hard to compete because the child grandfather is one of the wealthiest men of NASCAR. Her best bet is to find someone in nascar that Hendrix would approve of.... I think she would be a bad pick because her personality is not cut out for the show.

January 20, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  29. RamblinRosie

Our household are faithful Bach/BEtte viewers. We have grown dismayed with the departure from the original, relatively pure, concept and the current focus on conflict and hookups. We wish the franchise would return to its' original tone. There are so many ringers thrown into the mix that it's hard to pick genuine favorites and genuine love-seekers. We also would LOVE to see some men and women of color as the Bachelor or Bachelorette and less recycling of prior participants. Emily is stunning, but comes across as too reserved and classy to be running around in skimpy clothes and making out with a dozen men.

January 20, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  30. UpRoarLion

All these shows are simply vomitous!

January 20, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  31. m cereghino

I think Emily is too boring, toooo holier than though. She has no personality at all, just a pretty face with an empty head and for sure she know how to complain about everything. It would be a bad choice. Probably won't wach.

January 20, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  32. David

Overbite. Fake. Boring Personality or lack thereof.

January 20, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  33. Ginger

NO! What a high maintenance chick. Get someone else, thank you.

January 19, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. QuietStormX

Really? Have we not had enough of retreads and only White Bachelors and Bachelorettes... Is this a racest show or what after all these seasons? I'm sure others would like the chance and color would be a nice change I would be interested in. The show is so boring seeing the same thing over and over season after season. The producer should take this crap back to europe or wherever he's from.

January 19, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mr. Bill

Are there such a lack of women that the same woman needs to be on the show twice? Does her ego need that much stroking? She had her chance. Boring.

January 19, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  36. KT

Emily would be almost as bad as Vienna

January 19, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. calvin

Must be something wrong with her if she has to resort to a reality show that's a complete waste of air time. She's beautiful, so why does she need a show to get a man ??

January 19, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. gin

Nope. If she is on, I'll turn it off and go watch paint dry.

January 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lynara

I already gave up on this season of Boring Ben. If Emily is the next bachelorette, I won't bother to go back to the show.

January 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. COB

Can't stand the thought of her whining all season about Ricky Hendricks death...she's going to milk it for all it's worth.

January 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. BL

She's an emotionally damaged and vacant person. To her, no man can ever replace the memory of her lost love, whose life (in her mind) has no taken on an unrealistic, mythic status. She's immature, and can never find love until she's accept reality and let's go of her past.

January 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Andrea

If Emily is the next Bachelorette, I am officially DONE with this show! Enough with the recycled people! Us, the VIEWERS don't want to keep seeing repeats! When is ABC going to get that through their heads? The produers should have read enough by now of the same sort of feedback about Ben. He's boring, he's a been there, done that. NO TO EMILY ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. lori

BORING!!! Emily is boring, and no way would she make out and do all the things that we have come to laugh at during this show. She would ruin the franchise for sure!!!! I want that drunk/ADHD Jenna from this cycle. LMFAO

January 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. s

I can't believe she is getting a second chance......AND I don't think she is mentally capable of handling all of the different situations again. I think it's ridiculous!

January 19, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Nicole

They need to go back to choosing someone that wasn't on a previous season. It makes it more interesting to learn about the new person as well as the prospectives. We already know Emily's story. Let's bring on someone new. Or someone famous.

January 19, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Nellie

Emily is so beautiful but so boring! I wish Michelle Money would be the Bachelorette if she were single. She seemed so mean but crazy and hilarious on the Bachelor but pretty down to earth on Bachelor Pad. Also, there isn't that much to do in Charlotte except spend money and drive 30 minutes to get anywhere.

January 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  47. TViewer

Are you kidding me?!
    A total drama queen...
    Perfect for ratings.

January 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Cletis

People do watch this show. Really ?

January 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  49. OHHELLHO

Personality of a doorknob. Actually, I'd rather watch a doorknob.

January 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Geezer

I want to play with her star fish until she blows bubbles.

January 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jan

It would be like watching paint dry. She is boring.

January 19, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. madia

I won't watch this one. She's so dull!

January 19, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. walstonc59

Please no....really don't want to see her as the Bachelorette. Can we PLEASE have new people as the Bachelor and
    Bachelorette instead of bringing back previous people.

January 19, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anty

Totally agreed with walstonc59! Pick new person for the next Bachelorette!! PLEASSE!!!!

January 19, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elliesue

Totally agree...enough with the retreads. Let us have new people. There are too many wannabes who just want to score with someone they've seen on a previous season. And as for Emily, IMHO she's still in love with Ricky and may never get over him...

January 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • MAR

Completely agree.

January 20, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Toni

Put Emily on The Bachelor Pad and see them eat her alive, if she can't handle that then drop her a**. She will not make a good Bachelorette. Had my fill of her with Brad (sickening)

January 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  55. emmlil

airhead ditz.

January 19, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  56. pam

Absolutely not! Isn't this show for the entertainment of the millions? We've seen her! We're over her! Find someone totally new to the show(s). PLEASE! If you want to keep ratings up, you listen to the majority.

January 19, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Chris

Only MORONS watch this type of TV nonsense (Jerry Springer type crowd)!

January 19, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Apparent Moron

Really? Why would you read this article if only MORONS are interested in this type of TV? Not sure that makes you any less of a moron...

January 19, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  58. rhonda

OMG – can we quit recycling these people!!!!! NOT EMILY – if it is her I will not watch!!!

January 19, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. SilentBoy741

Gee, the fact that both of you had to resort to what's basically a game show to find a relationship wasn't a big enough "Red Flag" for you?

January 19, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  60. luvstotravel

OMG pick someone totally new!

January 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Guilty Pleasure

If the producers do put Emily on the show then I will finally thank them for giving me a reason to stop watching the show. It is one of my guilty pleasures, but I will NOT watch with her. I believe her soft and sweet demeanor was a show. I think she was the cause of the break up with Brad. THANK YOU PRODUCERS!

January 19, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Lynette

Absolutely NO! She will be a terrible bachelorette...have no interest in watching her again. Get the girl that Brad threw over for her from Texas...a much better pick.

January 19, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  63. Dan Sveaver

I wish the show would just go away

January 19, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  64. Carm

The present bachelor is ugly, and needs a haircut.

January 19, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  65. Eagle Eye

Why is it that this show is using recycled contestants who cares if Emily Maynard is the nest " Bachelorette" she blew off the the guy she was suppose to marry. What makes everyone think she won't do it again. Is this woman so desperate to find love that she has to go no national TV to find it. A lot of people are starting to stop watching this reality show becauxe no one reality gets married. There have been only three marriages since the show began that not a good batting average. This show is a waste of time and money.

January 19, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  66. midwest

Does it matter? She simply wants to extend her 15 minutes of fame. The whole thing is a sham.

January 19, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  67. Rob

What about color of women? Enough with white people please...

January 19, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  68. Kathy Case

January 19, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  69. Diane

OH Shut UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    the woman wore a bracelet with the initials of Ricky Hendricks when she went to meet Brad's family..... do ya think she is ready? oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    No way no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

January 19, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  70. Lisa Pant

I didn't like her the first time around..Won't be watching if she's chosen. She needs to concentrate on raising her daughter and stop being in the spotlight of reality TV..

January 19, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  71. Emily

Can someone, anyone please gimme your love stick? I'm in need of some more action in the walk-in closet, if you follow the subtlety of what I'm trying to say here. Let's put it this way, I may be as boring as a doorknob, but I can really put out in the 'ole sackaroo! xo ~Emily

January 19, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Dudley Do You Right

I'll give you my love stick, Emily! You are subtle ... and probably supple too! I wanna git me some-o-yore gravy!!

January 19, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Annie

If she was the Bachelorette, I bet that guy Bentley from Ashley's season would apply. This show is just getting worse as they go along.

January 19, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • MAR

oh and you just KNOW they would have him be one of the Bachelors - or better yet - show up like that funeral director lady did.

If I were a guy, I would not go for Emily. She wears too much eye make-up and she's got that baby talk damsel-in-distress thing about her: "Rescue Me!" She seems high maintenance. But these shows only have 1-2 women each season who are independent, self-confident. intelligent, down-to-earth and classy.

January 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. CatManKlaus

She needs a babysitter, and here's the guy to do it: http://youtu.be/kogUBtaf_-U

January 19, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  74. Amy J

OMG NOOO!!! She is so boring! I thought Ashleys season was boring only because of her, if Emily had her own I dont even think I would watch it!!

January 19, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  75. Rap music makes my ears bleed

I think they should make that weird black woman from Flavor Flav show- "New York" – the next bach-ho.

January 19, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  76. Jesus H Christ

What a bunch of pathetic sheep yall are....

January 19, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

On a more important note....Bet the carpet doesn't match the drapes.

January 19, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  77. kp

NO,NO,NO! She is a selfish spoiled brat. There is no way she is going to marry anyone and leave Charlotte or her deceased fiance's family who is bankrolling her. She is all a big show!

January 19, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  78. the grind

One of the biggest flaws I see in ben's game is he uses the "one on one" dates to see if he has chemistry with a girl. I say, use them for chicks you want to bang, you are completely away from the hoard of harpies spying behind bushes like peepin toms. Talk about mind your own business ladies! He should have taken Shawntel to his room before that rose ceremony and said " alright, here's your chance, show me what ya got honey" she woulda put out, no doubt.

January 19, 2012 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  79. beverly

Emily really doesn't want someone, give another one the chance

January 19, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Terri

I agree 100%. Emily had her chance she is still stuck on her fiance' who was killed and she will never be able to have another man if she keeps comparing every guy to her fiance'. I definitely would not watch the show if Emily is on again she is very boring. I would rather see Shawntel, she is spunky and if you have ever met her she seems very geniune and smart. Emily needs to just stick with her life in NC raising her daughter and keeping in close contact with her fiance's family.

January 19, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  80. the grind

This dude ben could have done hit Blakely, and the chick that rode in on the horse, and probably the b!tchy model that truely isn't all that. I say he keep Shawntel's # handy a make a rendezvous over in his orchard in sonoma while those other chicks are busy with their drama. I bet the host of the show would cover for him lol

January 19, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Johhny

Ben picks Courtney in the end, and no ones likes her I've talked to. Goes to show you Ben is thinking 'the little Ben' instead of his brain!

January 19, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  81. Emily

I resent this dialogue. It's immature and inappropriate. I am a perfectly nice woman and to suggest that I'm as boring as a doorknob or that someone had intimate relations with me in a coat closet, well that's just plain mean. And besides, it was in a walk-in closet.

January 19, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  82. the grind

The show has so much potential if these pansy a$$ guys would just start bangin more of the chicks! I mean, come on, 25 mostly hot chicks served up for the pickins and you are barely kissing 3 or 4??? I say if you havn't banged at least 5 by the time you have to give the "final rose" and ring (that abc pays for no doubt) then you are just plain stupid!

January 19, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  83. the grind

She is smokin hot, but totally high maintenance, has got issues out the ying yang, and is probably a cold fish in the sack. But i'd do her in a heartbeat.

January 19, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  84. Richard

Hey Ben Dover, nice name! Sure, we can both bone her in the closet. We just can't tell Brad ... he might get jealous.

January 19, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  85. Ben Dover

Emily is big time boring. I think Shauntel would be great. And besides, as a funeral director, she must know all about "stiffies," something I can't imagine Emily has any clue or interest in! Hey Richard, can I bang her in the closet with you next time? It's polite to share.

January 19, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  86. RCDC

Nice smile.

January 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  87. karen

No! I'm sorry you are nice enough Emily but if I have to hear your story played over and over again...ugh! It is like Brad all over again! There are a lot of people in this world...let's give them a chance at love.

January 18, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  88. john

emily is beautiful but is way too boring to have a show built around her. if realit steve is correct and kasey b is going to be one of the final four but not win ben's heart then i would like to see her. she seems genuine and is a beautiful southern belle.

January 18, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lana

I agree!!! Kasey B would be such a great Bachelorette - Ben's Loss!!!

January 18, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Light

wat?

January 18, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  90. chris

Who cares, this show is so ridiculously stupid and needs to be cancelled. Talk about dumming down america.

January 18, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  91. big Al of KC

Emily has more below the skin than she shows the camera. Why is such an attractive woman not with someone? Makes you want to same, Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

January 18, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  92. bob

Keep giving losers umpteen chances. Its the american way

January 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  93. edna jones

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Love this show but watching Emily is about as exciting as watching grass grow. Let's get someone with some personality and brains! I have watched every season, even Ashley, but I don't think I could take this one.

January 18, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • gigi07

oh PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOO!! You've got to be kidding if they think people will watch, seriously, what does she have to offer.......a brain???

February 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Rocketbroad

Emily is NOT the right one for the show- I could see back when Brad proposed that they weren't going to work out because of her. Anyone else would be better. Is she expecting her new husband to move there also???

January 18, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Nancy

I for one am surprised that Rick Hendricks would allow her to go through the travesty known as The Bachelor/Bachelorette a second time. I am sure he was embarrased by her first appearance.

His family is race car royalty...and for her to do this must hurt almost as much as the day he lost his son. If I was Mr hendricks – I would be filing for custody of his grandaughter.......obviously her mother has no brains and should not be raising a child.

January 18, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • moon627

shame on you ! who do you think you are to suggest anyone separate this good woman from her daughter ! You are evil

January 19, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  96. helen

No, I dont think she should be the next Bachelorette.. She comes across as a goody two shoes and a spoiled brat. I think ABC should consider someone fresh and not a repeat from another show. It will be predictable anyways cause the only successful one has been tristan and ryan. She just doesnt seem to be the type to take the good with the bad and shrug her shoulders when the bad comes along. She wants everything her way or no way. Poor Brad! He really did love her but she was too stiff to bend a little bit.

January 18, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Gie

No! She has the personality of a doorknob. What little bit of personality she does exhibit seems totally fake to me. I can think of a million girls I'd rather see as The Bachelorette than Emily.

January 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Jules

No, she is high maintenance. I think it's time for this show to Rest In Peace!!!! Enough is enough. ABC needs to come up with something new, or do something they haven't done in a very long time. The show has become a total joke.

January 18, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ernest

It will not happen, too many people are still watching. The show will end when the ratings hit the basement, and for as long as they can come up with enough drama queens and kings, this show will continue. Look, Jerry Springer and Maury Povich still have shows going strong, that's proof enough.

January 18, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • leah

how many seasons now do i say i don't like the bachelor or bachelorette so i would not be watching. but there i am first episode, watching watching watching. i've decided to just embrace it and admit i like it- let it be our guilty pleasure. who cares if they don't end up together in the end? chalk it up to being a soap opera instead of a reality romance and then you will be at peace with it all (of course it is silly! but isn't it FUN???)

January 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kraut

Agreed – this season is the worst yet. The whole thing has become a total caricature of *finding love* if it wasn't so all along. You can see the hamfisted maneuvers of the cynical producers much to clearly. Too bad, really.

January 19, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • lxoxoxo

How about an interracial season???

January 20, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  99. Barbara

She would be more relaxed and happy if the show is in her hometown.
    The Southern people adore her beauty and admiratiion for her daughter.

January 18, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Emily FAIL

Misery loves company. The only solid relationship that ever came out of this disgrace of a show was Ryan and Trista. The rest were as predictable as the show was.

January 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Linda

I totally agree Shauntel would be a much better choice.

January 18, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • JANET

I agree, Emily has had her time with Brad, go with Shauntel. She's more adveturous and outgoing!

January 18, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  102. whatever

Emily is so BORING! I would much rather see Shawntel as the new Bachelorette
    !

January 18, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  103. secretbachelorwatcher

NO i don't like Emily at ALL. if Reality Steve is right, i think any of the final 6 from this season would be better than Emily. She's annoying and boring.

January 18, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

Annoying, boring, insecure, cold, never smiles, snobbish and the worst choice in franchise history. Not to mention having to listen to her say "you know" constantly. ABC...BAD CHOICE. Might be the first season I don't even bother watching.

January 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike C

HELLO NO! She is one of the most fake plastic barbie doll psycho hung up on the past pieces of southern trash that I have EVER seen featured on TV. Pathetic. Bring back Chantel... the mortician.

January 21, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mrskool

she is pretty and sweet and has an adorable daughter but i dont think she's cut out for the show. i think a better choice would be Shauntel – the Chico Funeral Director who Ben just booted off The Bachelor :)

January 18, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri

I agree, I can't see Emily being the next Bachelorette. She is cute but that is about it. I would rather see Shawntel she is more the part.

January 19, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • SilentBoy741

Maybe they could put them all on "Bachelorette Special Edition: Sloppy Seconds".

January 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poolchick

Although I agree that Emily may not be cut out for this show, I disagree with having Chantel as the next bachlorette. I think she is a bit of a wingnut.

January 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • HeyEugene

She's a wingnut for sure. Doesn't that make her the perfect choice for this dumb-as-rocks-unreality show?

January 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • TedN

While Emily is arguably the best looking women I've seen on the Bachelor, she wouldn't do well as the main focal point. They need to get someone new in there again that no one has seen.

January 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeffrey

Yes! Shauntel – the Chico Funeral Director would be much better (and she's hotter). Emily is too quiet and just plain boring!

January 20, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Rosie

I would hate to see Emily on another love search, hate looking at those big fake teeth.

January 25, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |