Sheldon brings the bling on 'Big Bang Theory'
January 13th, 2012

Sheldon brings the bling on 'Big Bang Theory'

I'll admit that I was extra excited to see that Thursday's return of "The Big Bang Theory" was an episode focusing on "Shamy."

Sheldon being Sheldon, he could care less about Amy's scientific accomplishments, and instead boasted about his 100 Twitter followers... so it looked like he was in the dog house.

And so Leonard stepped in with some tried and true advice: "You skip over any attempt to repair your emotional connection and you win back her affection with an empty financial gesture."

Music to Sheldon's ears!

In the meantime, yet another red flag popped up for Howard and Bernadette: she doesn't want children (and she didn't exactly warm up to the idea during Howard's disastrous magic performance in front of some youngsters).

Howard explained his troubles to his fellow nerds while they played "Donkey Kong" Jenga: "Even Donkey Kong had Donkey Kong, Jr., so he could teach someone how to kidnap princesses and throw barrels at Italian plumbers."

The couple agreed that Howard would be a stay-at-home dad. But I still see rough roads ahead for these two.

And how did things go with Sheldon? Despite some initial skepticism from Amy, here is how she reacted: "It's a tiara! A tiara. I have a tiara! Put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me, put it on me."

I'm just saying, we need a Mayim Bialik Emmy nomination.

What did you think of the return of "Big Bang?" Looking forward to next week's 100th episode? Share your view on iReport or comment below.

P.S. Congratulations, Kunal Nayyar!

1. Raf

"he could care less about Amy's scientific accomplishments" For the love of God, it's COULDN'T care less!! If he could care less, that means he cares a little, which is the exact opposite of what is meant!! Sorry, just one of my peeves! :)

February 8, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. uncle joe

This program has it all. Great writing and a fantastic cast of characters. My only concern is what happens to Jim Parsons after this show finally comes to an end? He is so associated with Sheldon Cooper I think it will be difficult for Parsons to be associated with other roles.

February 6, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jesse

Did this dip5hit, so called 'writer' just say "Sheldon being Sheldon, he could care less about......" IT IS "he COULDN'T CARE LESS"!

January 31, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Frank Jones

"Sheldon being Sheldon, he could care less about Amy's scientific accomplishments..." What you should have said is "he could NOT care less..."

January 30, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Doc Jognnie99

And I quote: "he could care less" ... really, of course this should be "couldn't" care less ... how can you not know that?

January 28, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lamental Jester

I feel like the Amy character is just a copy of the Judith character from "3rd Rock from the Sun", only younger

January 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. V

BFD. Is this informative news?

January 17, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Rochelle

Any fans of this show may like to know I just found a replica of that Rubiks cube

Tissue box cover that sits on the table next to "Sheldon's Spot" – its so cute

January 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. pauljack

Loved this episode, love this show. Kaley Cuoco is so underappreciated. she's the glue of this entire show. She plays wacky brilliantly, but most of the time she's the hilarious "straight man" to things like the tiara scene. Her facial expressions and subtle humor are so much more impessive, from an acting point of view, than over the top wackiness. she has chemistry with all the cast, it just shows on screen. Kaley deserves an emmy 10 times more than Mayim.

January 17, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. Beth

Mayim Bialik is hysterical, not only in her scenes with Sheldon but when it's just the girls, they are all too funny!

January 17, 2012 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. maureen

i don't normally watch tevelvision but I make an exception for The Big Bang Theroy...it's is very funny and if people don't like certain charaters...then just hit mute...there is just no pleasing everyone

January 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Casey

Mayim Bialik's character is getting old and tiresome. If this turns into the Shamy Show I'm going to be done with Big Bang Theory.

January 16, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bert BigDongle

I don't like the feminists leaving comments here. Including the article author.

January 16, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bazinga!

I I think it must be a girl thing. I find it painful when she has scenes, and even Melissa Rauch, though cute, is annoying too. I'd much rather hear Sheldon or Howard. These are super geeks, enough with the girlfriends, esp Leonard! Its much funnier when they can't get any.

January 15, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KAREN HAGGERTY

I am the oldest living fan......OF THIS HILARIOUS AND UNIQUE show. i think the dialogue is great....and the characters are totally unique.....Bravo !!!!!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Learn Proper English

To the writer of this article: It's "couldn't care less," not "could care less." Thanks in advance for paying attention next time.

January 15, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Poppy

@Lee, saw some makeover show with Mayim in it a while back. The funny thing I think she dresses like or worse than Amy in real life. lol.

January 14, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sly Sadie

To my troll- Your big bang theory takes on a whole new meaning! lol.....keep trying!

January 14, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sly Sadie

I want to eat out fat alecia's while the mad rap3r n charlie crack rip my pu55y apart taking turns fcking me

January 14, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Christina

My sister made me watch an episode of Big Bang and I didn't see the appeal. I didn't think there was anything funny about it. Why is everyone talking about this show?

January 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Debulator

I thought the episode was wonderful and Mayin was hysterical in her reaction to getting the tiara. She is perfect for the role of Amy.

January 14, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Lee

You're absolutely right, Debulator. Mayim Bialik IS perfect for the role of Amy. That's because they're both sanctimonious, condescending neuroscientists. Have you been to her FB page at all? She's so full of herself, even former fans like I unfollowed her. And what award are you talking about? She doesn't have to do much acting to play her part on the show. Except for the wardrobe, she IS Amy. If she ever wins an Emmy, that would be a great insult to talented actors who play their polar opposites, like Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki.

January 14, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. Maryann

I have a question about that episode. When Sheldon tells Amy that he made a palindrome, wasn't his example incorrect??

Thanks!

January 14, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Krista

I'm pretty sure his palindrome was "Nice hat, Bob Tahecin." Looks right to me.

January 18, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sokman

It's a good show, but South Park is still better

January 14, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  24. J Lancaster

Sorry, you lost me at "...could care less..." Shouldn't that be "couldn't"?

January 13, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jaye

I think Amy is hilarious. I love the tiara scene and her interaction with all the other characters. She is so emotionally needy ( she's crushing on Penny big time) , and her so called BF, Sheldon, is so NOT, but it's that mix that keep their relationship off balance and funny. If Bernadette stays with Howard, she'll end up like is Mother. H*ell, she's half way there already, I love that. -Roonierella- I've seen all of the Episodes and there are a few contradictions throughout the series-

January 13, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mikrik13

Bernadette's interaction with the kids during the magic show was hilarious. The tiara scene was great too. It must be a lot of fun to work on this show. Each week presents another off the wall scenario.

January 13, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Roonierella

Thought it was a great episode. The whole Bernadette thing stuck me a little odd, though. In a previous episode where Sheldon can't solve his theory and hasn't slept in days (when he goes to the ball pit), Bernadette marches in, rationalizes like you would to a child with him, and then tell him to go to bed. Howard is impressed and she responds that she's good with kids because her mom used to run an illegal daycare out of there basement. Last night's show worked against that.

Otherwise I loved it – especially when Sheldon needed a 'stiff drink.'

January 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • sasha

actually...all she did with sheldon was order him around and the whole premise with the ep today was that she could not bond well with kids, just order then around (they don't always listen) I think the fact that she can get along with sheldon shows that she can handle kids better then she thinks. Loved the kiss sheldon got from amy, cracked me up "you're right the tiara was too much"

January 14, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  28. Colleen

This has got to be one of the funniest, if not the funniest TV show. Everyone in the cast is amazing, but Mayim Balik definitely deserves an Emmy. She is given great material, but she also delivers it well., and the actor who plays Sheldon is absolutely hysterical. I even got my husband sucked in to watching this show once he watched just a few minutes of it.

January 13, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyssie

I couldn't agree with you more Colleen! The Big Bang Theory is definitely the funniest TV show out there; there is a little something in there for everyone to relate to, which is why it is my favorite! And FOR SURE I think Jim, Kaley, and Mayim all deserve Emmys for what they bring to the show, they are all HILARIOUS and oh-so talented! ^_^

January 14, 2012 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  29. @5:33

Y would any1 want to help u out. Im sure u did u share of causing trouble on here

January 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Cap'n

Funniest line of the show was when Sheldon was playing Red Dead Redemption, had his character go into the saloon, and said to Leonard, "I'm having a whiskey, you want anything?" to which Leonard replied, "No thanks, I'm playing Grand Theft Auto later." Brilliant!

January 13, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  31. @richard fore skin

Also when u troll cc write his name like he does 2. Fake fua-he dont talk like that. T rex, mr ed and cc are such a threat to u-Y ? Mr ed and t rex if ur here, kick this a** in 2morrow.

January 13, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Get a room RETURNS

I'm only back for this one comment for this Richard Fore character. Richard Fore, if you're going to troll me at least make it more believable. Here's a checklist for you since it seems like you're the only one left who decided to troll me still:

1) make a comment without insulting others directly
    2) learn to spell

At least you got the "Get a room" part right.

January 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Get a room

Should've stayed "away" because now you're going to get trolled more by Richard "I have no life" Fore.

January 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nikki

You didn't follow your own rules. Rule 1. "1) make a comment without insulting others directly." Your comment, "you loosers," is directed at everyone posting on the article. In other words, you directly insulted others.

January 25, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Charlie Crack

He is just jealous.

January 13, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. @richard fore skin

Ur so full of it. Y dont u go jump off a bridge. Dont like the peace and quiet ?

January 13, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Richard Fore

This is a nice family website. There is no room on this site for the likes of Mr Ed, T-Rex, and Charlie Crack. Charlie is the lead troll. If you see a rude post then you know in fact it is the loser known as ch_crack@]ahoo.com

January 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Get a room

A little gay tiny plastic toy horse.

January 13, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Get a room

you loosers

January 13, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  38. FUA

@be quiet. SHUT UP ! I bet you are Mr Eds bedtime buddy.

January 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  39. be quiet

I also rewatched her reaction to the Tiara and laughed just as hard the second time. She is hysterical...Mayim Bialik for best supporting actress Emmy!

January 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Beth

Her reaction to the tiara (and the choice of a tiara instead of boring braclet or ring) was perfect! I laughed so hard. She is amazing and she comes by her geeky character honestly, having experience as a scientist prior to acting.

January 13, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Hooboy

I watched the tiara scene about 10 times. HILARIOUS. Mayim Balik does indeed deserve awards – she's amazing. But she's given great material too. A princess indeed.

January 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • di-ann

I did the same. it only gets funnier

January 13, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pam

I think I watched it about 10 times too, and it got funnier every time I watched it.

January 13, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dog Is My Hero

Good grief. Is Mayim Bialik's Street Team at it again? Sorry—or not—but no. Not everyone enjoyed the tiara scene, a.k.a. another delusionally needy AFF outburst. In all honesty, I can see how the character CAN be funny, the same way Sheldon can be annoying. Here's the ocean of diff: Jim Parsons brilliantly makes Sheldon lovable. On the other hand, there's something grating about Mayim Bialik that makes AFF repellent. Whether or not her handful of fans agree with me is irrelevant. The fact that she tops the 'Most Hated Big Bang Character' list speaks volumes.

January 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nielsen

I was having one of the worst days and then I saw the tiara scene I laughed out loud and realized how really great comedy is a gift to everyone. I fely pure joy at that moment because it was so funny, She does deserve an award for this character. It was classic and I love the show. Every actor on the show is amazing. I always favored the Amy character though.....Fabulous sitcom

January 14, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |