New Edition announces dates for anniversary tour
January 13th, 2012

New Edition announces dates for anniversary tour

Eighties R&B group New Edition had high expectations for 2012, and they're not letting fans down.

According to Centric TV, all six original members have laid out a schedule for their 30th anniversary tour, starting with a stop in Louisville Kentucky on February 10.

With Ronnie DeVoe, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gil, Ricky Bell, Ralph Tresvant and Michael Bivins all on board, fans can expect to hear old hits like "Can You Stand the Rain" as well as the singles that launched their solo careers.

The initial 13 stops appear to be part of the group's plan to return to the spotlight in anticipation of celebrating the 30th anniversary of the release of their first album, "Candy Girl," in 2013.

Ronnie DeVoe told Billboard.com last year, "2012 is going to be an incredible year for us. Of course, we want to get to the 40th and 50th [anniversaries], too, but we just feel like our road to the 30th is going to be special...It's just gonna be an incredible ride."

If you want to join them on that ride, check out the rest of initial tour dates below. Ticket prices range from $59.50 to $125 according to Ticketmaster, and are currently on pre-sale, with a general sale starting January 17.

Date                                         Location

May 13                                     Raleigh, NC

May 18                                     Atlanta, GA

May 19                                     Charlotte, NC

May 20                                    Baltimore, MD

Filed under: Music

1. Jupon de mariée

Hi I'm so delighted I came across your web site, I truly identified you by accident, when i was viewing on aol for something more important, Anyhow I'm here now and would certainly want to say thank for a incredible submit and a at all times interesting blog site. Please do maintain the great function.
    Jupon de mariée http://www.roberobes.com/

October 27, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jenn F. Robinson

New Edition held it Dow on Sunday, May 6, 2012 in Columbia, SC. All 6 member were present. They were HOT?! They are scheduled to perform in Greenville,SC on September 21, 2012. I plan to be there. I've LOVED them since 6th grade when Candy Girl came out. I will love them as we continue to grow in age, wisdom and live. Yes they have experienced trials, tribulations and success individually and collectively throughout 30 years. Havent We ALL!!! That's called LIFE!, GOD's focus is not the situations but how we handle and conduct ourselves. NE4Life!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. escorts girls Athens

I just couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual info a person supply on your guests? Is going to be again often to inspect new posts

May 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. as

the concert in Bmore was all of that ! OMG I am 40 years old and have been following this group for as long as they have existed! So much unity on stage as well as love! Love this group! El Debarge did wonderful too! Which it could have been longer than 3 hours as it was that good! Voices were so strong and mature! lol love em!

May 22, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tricee

I love New Edition an always have i think they are the best group ever

May 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. monica

They have already come to my home town, and didnt get a chance to see them, was wondering if anyone knows if they are going to come to boston, since that is where the are all from except johnny gill, if anyone knows would love to go see them.

May 8, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shopping malls

hello!,I love your writing very so much! proportion we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your article on AOL? I need an expert on this house to resolve my problem. May be that's you! Having a look ahead to look you.

May 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. D. Mack

Just got home from the New Edition concert in Shreveport,Louisiana...If they're in a city near you...go check them out!!!(THEY STILL GOT IT).One of the best concerts I've been to in a long time.They really turned it out..If you were a teenager back in the 80's you will really enjoy it.(Better than when they were here in 1985)

April 15, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. montreal escorts

It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the longer term and it's time to be happy. I've learn this publish and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting issues or advice. Maybe you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

April 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mack

Anybody that is putting down NE have probably never seen them perform. These Guys are AWESOME singers and dancers. And ALL members are sheduled to appear. Even Bobby.

March 7, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. just

Been waiting all my life to see NE in NIGERIA.

February 25, 2012 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. just

coolRobb the pig throwing tantrums from the primitive caves of Europe

February 25, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Sobless

I love New Edition i can't wait to see them i will be the first in line to buy my ticket they put on a real good show i'm all about old school it's the best, keep up the good work New Edition just overlook the haters.

February 25, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dee

When is New Edition coming to the Bay Area????

February 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TNsfinest

I attended the concert in Nashville and it was the best concert I have been to in years. NE was on point and of course, this was the show Bobby missed to fly back to LA but the other 5 guys held it down and they did do Tenderoni and My Perrogative with Ralph taking lead. I would recommend anybody that has a chance to see this concert, purchase a ticket and enjoy it. When they did Popcorn Love, Jealous Girl, My Secret....and all the old hits, everyone in the arena was on their feet singing along. Ain't nothing like good, clean music..........where has it gone ?????????

February 15, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Joe

I attended the concert last night in Cincinnati and it's the best one I've been to in a while. Great stage show. If they come to a town near you go check them out. You won't be disappointed. However the opening act KC & JoJo was terrible. They didn't have a band and barely sang so it was like a really painful form of karaoke.

February 15, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bill

when is that tour coming to Vegas??

February 15, 2012 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  18. dmj

They need to come to Texas, preferably Dallas. Love me some NE!!!

February 14, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Shay

I wish they were coming close to Michigan...Chicago will do! I am and always has been a huge New Edition fan! Good luck! #NE4Life

February 14, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. kenny BLVE

and 9th of march in Lagos Nigeria

February 13, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  21. MS. LOGAN

Saw them Friday not. They were off the chain.

February 12, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. Tashadk

@CoolRobb – sounds like u have no life....ghetto venues huh- how many tox have u sold in this lifetime...I am guessing "0"! What a loser... anyway funny how folsk are happy when the Boss, Van Halen etc get back togtehr and tour but hate on NE. NKOTB...please anyone who knows music and history know that NE's manager left and went on to create the lighter version in an attempt to cross over and sell more records – no disrespect to NK but NE wasa dn is the original. I have tix for the UpperMarlboro show, will be purchasing for the Baltimore AND Philly shows as well. Good clean music from a great era in music ...NE4LIFE!!!

February 8, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Coolrobb

Looks like nothing but ghetto venues. And who is that nagger monkey on the far right playing the electric guitar? I thought they could only dance jig a-boo style...like they were in Africa.

February 3, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Luquan

New edition the best group ever

February 1, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Noreen

I saw the first reunion tour & I'd love to see this one too. It's a great show & def worth the money. I saw BEL,BIV, DEVOE in 2011 in the Boston, MA area. I'm really hoping they add more concert dates & come back to Boston for this tour. Boston Boys should play in Boston... shouldn't they?

January 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Moe

Yes, I love NE! They should have a Boston date tho!! Hopefully for 2013!

February 12, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  26. Pat

saw them in new orlean in july of 2011 they were worth every cent i paid and i would paid double to go see them again. They never missed a beat or tune. wished they were coming near me.

January 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ms.juicey

I cnt believe their havin a concert,I'm such a big fan of them. I will be in there,I jus would luv 2 see ronnie devoe.:')

January 18, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Kimberly

I have my ticket & I am excited to see this New Edition Reunion show, they always perform on point ......lovely.oNE loVE 2012!

January 17, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  29. Carol Johnson aka Sassy Diva

U must live under a rock or ur not a fan of great music if u hate on New Edition. Its 2012 and their shows sellout. Trust..i know!

January 16, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Candy Lowd

For all of the doubters and haters, I run New Editiin's fan club which has been going strong since 1995 and has almost 5 million members. All of their shows have been sold out so far. So keep hating... It just fuels the excitement.

January 16, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Coop

I wondering if they are going to add more stops on their tour. I'm hoping that they add Chicago on the list. NE 4Ever!!!!!

January 16, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Dave

They're not "back", they've been touring for years. And when they're not, they tour as individuals. BBD, Johnny, Bobby, Ralph. They never left. Must see show if you haven't !!!

January 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DC Guy

I'm glad they are back. New Edition is a great group that puts on a pretty good show. Younger acts could take note of stage presence, precision, etc. I'm a male fan from the Candy Girl days and still like the group.

As a side note, people love spreading their negativity on the Internet – especially when they can hide behind their PCs. They are too scared, or too cool, to fulfill their own ambitions so they terrorize people on the Internet. They are the ones that make this short that much less enjoyable.

To all you Internet "Johnny Rain Clouds", you got to Cool It Now, before you lose control.

January 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. thebestest

I love New Edition!! I bought tickets for their "original" reunion tour.....and New Edition didn't show up, AND I never got my money back- so I will be sitting this one out!!

January 16, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • JermaineHarding

@chocolateSTAR That was because whoever booked the venue back on the Home Again Tour cancelled it so don't blame the members for the that. Also they were having problems with each other. Only Ricky Bell, Ronnie DeVoe, Ralph Tresvant, & Johnny Gill toured the 2nd half of the Home Again Tour cause Bobby Brown quit after too many fights with the other members. Fist fights with Mike & Ronnie and a big blow up involving guns with their entourages derailed that but it won't be like that now. Plus they will share one tour bus not six separate ones due to members egos

January 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. chocolateSTAR

Wow! I can't wait to see them in concert! It's about damn time! I've miss you guys! See you in MS. I'm still in love with you!!

January 14, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  36. rhoneyrhone

N.E.......thats wuzup...dont worry abouth the haters dawgs...im gonna ride or die witcha....just bring ya asses to norfolk VA............god bless..........

January 14, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Johh Barnette

@ Melissa: I agree... nothing but pure hate! They know New Kids on the Black and Backstreet Boys have NEVER show individual talent, break up and then come back. Regardless, NE is selling out concerts across the country! Ask NYC! I'll be at the Greensboro and Charlotte show! Oh.. I'm backstage!

January 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Global News Crunch

Like seriously

January 14, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  39. Melissa

Like seriously why so much hatin goin here!people just hate to see the next doing good no matter what!ummummumm pure evil smh!Big ups to New Edition for still doing your thing

January 13, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • kairi

That's what I'm saying Melissa!

January 16, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • cj

Thats what i would like to know, if people dnt have anything good to say they should shut the hell up.... Everybody should be happen to see another progress. New Edition is one off the greatest boy band the world has every and will ever see!

January 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob

I'm going to see them when they come to Cleveland.. It's good music!

February 21, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • flip

thanks good point

March 27, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jim

There are not six original members. Gill didn't join the group until years after they after, Brown was already gone. My only question is which ends sooner, the New Edition or the Van Halen tour.

January 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  41. LDS II

Not me. They seem like anti mormites.

January 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Superhiro

Heh, also surprised these guys are still around, but good for them I guess.

January 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. LDS II

devil music. plain and simple. devil music.

January 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  44. bob

Alert the authorities, iam sure ther are child support or weldfare issues outstanding here. Boyeeeeeeeee

January 13, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Victor

Holy crap New Edition still exists?

Boy do I feel old.