Channing Tatum: I know I'm not the best actor
January 13th, 2012

Channing Tatum: I know I'm not the best actor

While some may cringe at some of Channing Tatum's career choices - the dance franchise "Step-Up," or the 2010 romance "Dear John" - he tells Details magazine that he took such gigs for a reason, and it wasn't just a paycheck.

"You gotta do 'Dear Johns,'" Tatum said, also adding his February love story co-starring Rachel McAdams, "The Vow," to the list of "musts."

Tatum will play Leo, the loving, devoted husband to McAdams' Paige, who forgets their happy relationship when she suffers severe memory loss following a car accident. Leo, of course, embarks on a mission to help Paige fall for him all over again. (Yup, it's coming out Valentine's Day weekend.)

Tatum, 31, tells the men's mag that he's "conscious" about why he snapped up those roles.

"I wanted to learn from Rachel on 'The Vow.' I wanted to learn from Lasse Hallstrom on 'Dear John' - he did 'The Cider House Rules' and 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape,'" he continues. "I didn't go to acting school, so my knowledge of story, filmmaking, and character comes from just being on set and doing it."

And then, a moment of (perhaps bourbon-inspired - he was apparently taking a lot of shots while conducting the interview) honesty: "I know I'm not the best actor. But I hope my characters are getting better."

Moviegoers will be able to judge that for themselves pretty fairly this year, considering Tatum appears in no less than five films in the first half of 2012: This month's "Haywire"; February's "The Vow"; the "21 Jump Street" movie with Jonah Hill in March; and this summer's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and the actor's stripper comedy, "Magic Mike."

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Deacon

gotta respect the guy .. he's trying to get better and he realizes he's not the best. for that and the humility i'll give a second thought to seeing some of your movies whereas before i wouldn't even debate it. give the guy a break, he's human and he's actually trying to get better with providing you all entertainment.

February 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Matt

Channing Tatum is a horrible actor – worse than Steven Seagal. I'm amazed somebody with as little talent can get such big roles..it's actually hard to watch him act. He either has a really good agent or knows the right people.

January 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Auelia Darcy

Is he on OkChica.com?

January 16, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Terry Plum

He's been married for almost 3 years.

January 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jan

I have seen all of his films and for me at 50 years old, he looks great and acts just fine. You have to start somewhere and he's not afraid to put it all out there. There are other actors who get paid the bigger bucks who are a whole lot worse than Channing. I am a fan of Step Up and watched it again the other day. LOVE it! I think he will become one of the most amazing and highest paid actors...it is just a matter of time. Channing keep up the good work! You are coming of age. I will see any movie you make any time!

January 16, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jane

Hey Jane. I don't care if your fruits are all wrinkled! I will take u on a date and pound dat shriveled up box! I be bending u over my kitchen table and pounding dat pooper!!

January 15, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Bone Yard

I iz gonna bone sadie's big ol pie hole. Then I gonna stik it where da sun aint shining. She be walkin funny for a week...When we done, she gonna spit shine my rod.

January 15, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jane

Well, Have you heard http://www.seniorssingledating.com/? It's the best and most effective senior dating site for senior singles over 50! Many of our members are well-educated, successful, and fresh in mind. I think you will like it.

January 15, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hey Sadie

Hey babe...know your not a filthy talker. Shocked the Packers lost but oh well. But if you are...lol...my kinda girl.

January 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bone Yard

They call me Bone Yard and I'm a fairy. I be real chubby and I'm super hairy! My peter is small and gets lost in that hair...I'm pretty lame and shaped like a pear! I love dem dudes and luv dem dongs, I just want to let you hear this song. I pack the fudge and I ram dat rear, when I'm done I wanna make it clear...I just want a dude that can treat me right, and I want a dude that is super tight!!

January 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bone Yard

Hey Sly Sadie,so you're funny ,smart,and s@xy.I like that.Yea I like places with live music and dancing,I went jet skiing today with my family.The weather wasn't to bad it was a balmy 16F lol.

January 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

I am one filthy hooo!! I got all them diseases. Did I tell you I exercise all the time? I am a limber freak! I will bend over backkwards and suk you off!!

January 15, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bone Yard

I love dem jig-a-boos! Dey got da monster sized schlongs. I want one in my keister asap! Just cover me in spoo and I will polish up dat knob when u iz done!!

January 15, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sly Sadie

Geeze ..typos

January 15, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sly Sadie

So you're in Patriot county? Tebow, like I said is best on his knees. What are youd doing today?

January 15, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sly Sadie

Hi Bone Yard.. Just playing around with the guys. Have to keep the guys guessing. Funny, I went to call you Barn Yard because there is a place by me where they have bands and danciing. Do you like places like that?

January 15, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sly Sadie

It's almost close to that withdrawl..the footbal season is almost to an end and I'm getting into that withdrawl that I do every football season. I seek out my crack friends and ni-g-gars so I can get my daily f u ck and flirt in. What a high!!!! Don't forget I RUN 3 Miles a day and every day work ou WITH WEIGHTS!! okay? I have to be goo! I'm Santa's Helper!!! Hi Starrfire! Hi Coolbreeze! Hi Peace! Hi Oooo woo man AKA charlie Crack!!!! Hi!!! No SF IN THE GAME

January 15, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Bone Yard

@Sly Sadie,just like you said the trolls are in the house,and they aren't even funny.Get it together guys.

January 15, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mikrik13

Mr. Tatum isn't the best actor, but he certainly is a long way from the bottom of the barrel.

January 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sly Sadie

Why? I love getting tired down and getting fuc–ked by many men. I'm a flirt!!! I enjoy flirting! Is there anything wrong with that? I run three miles a day and lift weights every other day!!!! I even run in bad weather! Bring it one trolls!! Is that the best you can do?!

January 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  21. CNN Moderator

Time to cut off Sly Sadie for good. Her comments are getting out of control. Your account will be deleted and your e-mail address is now blocked.

January 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sly Sadie

@Barn Yard – glad you like. Being a s lut just comes easy.

January 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Bone Yard

@Sly Sadie ditto now let me see about getting my nuts back in place lol.

January 15, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sly Sadie

I've said in the past and I will say it again. I want you to know it's me. I use one name only. I'm not afraid of being a kunt that I am and to speak my mind. I will say whatever the f u -ck I want to say on here.

January 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. @@Paul Y

@Fake Paul Y-stealing names now? i thought you were the one always running your mouth about how people don't use their names tramp

January 15, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Paul Y.

Oh yeah mr Ed! We iz gonna hook up and slam dat poop chute and pack dat fudge! I know you so big that when I ram it, you don't budge. Its ok... cuz I will grab a giant dil-do, that horse will be rockin when I give when we do som blow! Now I'm done with those fat chicks -not in my bed....I just be pumpin my fav...Mr Ed!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Mr Ed

They call me mr Ed cuz I like big schlongs! If its not da size of a horse, put away your dong! No reason to be sad cuz your peter is small, plenty of dudes like it tiny – so don't call!! I luv dem flamin jig-a-boos cuz dey be large, its time for me to show them who really be in charge. So feed me your goo before I change my mind, I gonna ram right in your chubby behind!!

January 15, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  28. straw

^ ^ :) ^ ^

January 15, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  29. Mr. Ed

@Paul Y.it's just me,those losers are on wyww.

January 15, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  30. Mr. Ed

I'm baaack b**ches!Funny stuff huh?Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

January 15, 2012 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  31. Sly Sadie

Me too!!! it's a date @starrfire!!! C ya tomorrow!! Good night!! I have to be good cuz i'm santa's helper!!!

January 15, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  32. Starrfire

Night y'all!! i'll be back tomorrow. i'm so into the game dat i'll be on here all day n night again tomorrow!!! cuz peeps just love hearing what i've to say!! play nice!

January 15, 2012 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  33. Catfisch

Bone yard come over to my pad and i'll get those balls out or tee belly for ur. i'll rub u till u give man -goo

January 15, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sly Sadie

Yeahhh! I love dem lil boys, dey my toyz! I just want them to pump my coochie so tight, any time any place it be alright. I take in da rear and I like it big, don't be comin if you're the size of a twig. I take dem big ol jig-a-boo dongs, and when dey done I bust out dat bong!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  35. Bone Yard

I'm so cold My nuts crawled up my belly!

January 15, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  36. Sly Sadie

I'm not fat! I jog three milez every day and lift weights every other day! I even run in the znow en in bad weather! when i dont jog outzide i go to the gym!! fat i'm not! bring it one trolls! Dat the bezt ur got!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  37. Sly Sadie

Juz call me bend over rover

January 15, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  38. Sly Sadie

I be a flamin fairy fudge packin fruit! I pump dat dude and it makes me toot! Just grab my tool and tug it hard, I know u want my tub o lard! My rolls all jiggle cuz I be so fat, when we bump uglies u can hear that splat! I slob dat knob till its black and blue, you can't get enough of my salty spoo!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  39. Coolbreeze

My daughter iz zo fat dat when zhe zteps on a scale it zays 2 be continued en she leaves footprintz in concrete

January 15, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  40. starrfire

Gettin Jiggy with it!! Jig-a-boos dat is!! I love dem nigs and I love dem chinkks!! I love dem jewboys and I love dem dinks!!

January 15, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  41. Rambo

Im gonna get me a dog n name it roll over charlie crack

January 15, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  42. Starrfire

@sly would you poop on my face and pee in my mouth?

January 15, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  43. Sly Sadie

I'm a bad a55. u'd better dont fck with me you trolls. @Coolbreeze! Hi! Yes I so want you to bend me over and fist me me a55hole. Stretch open my poop shoot so i can go regular. Think dat why im so uptight. prunes dont help.

January 15, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  44. Coolbreeze

i want to fist fck starrfire and slay sadie. fxk their a55e5 raw. i want my daughter 2 watch

January 15, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  45. starrfire

Hey fairies! Hey fruits! I rule this town and I gonna make u all my lil bitzes! My luv slaves gonna wear those mouth ball chokers. I be bustin out da chains and whips! Let's get it on. Get funky!

January 15, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  46. nerp

Oooh yeaah. I be all cool and I be all bad! I slap her around just like my dad. I took some hits and it made me tough, now my chick thinks I'm a bit too rough! I bend her over that chair tonight, not any more but she used to be tight. I slap her silly then I bust out da choke, she was laughin but dis aint no joke. Her rear is red and her neck is too...when I'm done I spray her with spoo! Da party is over when the tears be flowin...I finish it up while she still growin. Yeah she be young but it aint wrong..cuz I grab da nugs and bust out da bong! We puff it up and she be happy again...who really knows where dat coochy has been!! Poetry in motion!

January 14, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. nerp

I be nerp da twerp. I just wanna slurp dat perp and when I full I burp! Each day I be gay I say its my way or da highway. I scoop da soup with my troop but when it droops I poop. My buddy Todd grabs my rod and I nod when his nude bod does prod..dang what a clod.

January 14, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Peace

Yo. My name is Peace and I be so cool. Around your knob you will find some drool. I slurp dat spoo and I polish it up, when I'm all done den I fill dat cup. I like to take dat big ol stick and rock it roll it...ride dat prik!

January 14, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  49. nerp

Oh, internet..... :o

January 14, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Alecia

Don't block me cuz my posts be real! There is no way that I slept with Seal. That dudes face be super messed, heide klum must be blind I guess. I love dem bros with da big ol dongs, white and black...it can't be wrong. Just cuz I take dat 10 inch down, with all dat spoo u don't wanna drown!! Bring it!

January 14, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  51. straw

Lol

January 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mad Rap3r

I want to get an oversized broom handle shoved where the sun don't shine. My cornhole be super gaper and now I be walkin all funny. Perma drip is a bummer but all part of da game!! Gerbils be cool too!!

January 14, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  53. madhater

Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you.

January 14, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  54. freak

Yo dude. I aint no freak. Just cuz I be gay and luv to pound da pooper with my tiny dong...its all good. I gave up da pie cuz I found a nubile guy. I hit dat hole and smoked dat pole...oh what a treat.

January 14, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Moderator

These comments be da bomb!! I agree wholeheartedly with fairies and pillow biters!! Keep em comin you freaks. Suk it!

January 14, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Mad Rap3r

I love them little gayboyz!! Every time I tap da lil keister it makes me spoo all over!! I iz one of da biggest fruits around. Anybody wanna ram me with their monster sized jig-a-boo peter??

January 14, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. starrfire

Me 2 ! stretch my butt 2 ! i want it shoved up so hard !

January 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Peace

I like that new kid *so she say*on the block sadie. i want to stretch ur butt hole open w my fist n give her a good fist pump a55 fckin while my husband lick my butt

January 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Alecia

I decided 2 burn 5ome calorie5 2day 5o i 5et me self on fire !

January 14, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  60. madhater

Cool. I am down with takin a good ol fashioned butt slammin! I love to schlob da knob!! All you gayboyz can rock my world anytime!!

January 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  61. FREEBRAIN ELECTRODES

I am a flamin fruit and I just wanna pump madhater right in da poop chute. I iz gonna pack his fudge so tight he be walkin bowlegged for a month!! Let's pump each others plump rump!!

January 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  62. FREEBRAIN BRAINCHIP

Dude. You suk! Nobody is reading your lame posts! Go sell your crazy somewhere else. What a nutbar. I wish I could ram a monster dil-do right into your pooper!! Go pound sand you fairy!!

January 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  63. madhater

@tracie I'll pray that you get to suck on his butt hole someday.

January 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mad Rap3r

I still want to suck on charlie's little weiner. i love the taste of his hot c-m

January 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sighhhh

You know. No one is saying a word about the comments women are making. Who really gives a sht nowadays if someone is gay?????Damn!

January 14, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  66. gricha

Yallsodamnfunkyumusbejunkysdadadat

January 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Janie Moore

This is my friend he is pretty good I think just like Channing

January 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Ruth A Mayer-Farella

Hello, Tatum. You we're so cute when you are a little girl, very good actress. You are # 1. Good Luck and "smile"

January 14, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  69. The Måd Rāp3r

Actually the "whites unwanted" poster is a bot, made by a seriously disturbed Slovenian. I think he ate Rachel after stealing her doorknob. The other posts on here are just the usual Marquee fare.

January 14, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  70. dude youre a freak

1 guy using several different names posting several different vile, disgusting comments. He's not really gay, he hates gay ppl and wants everyone else to hate them too. He's actually a schizophrenic redneck that post these stomach turning remarks on nearly every CNN story. Btw, he also post the "whites unwanted" comments. He's dangerous and needs to be in a mental care facility.

January 14, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  71. where is the moderater?

These vile comments only seem to come from gay ppl. The truth is they come a gay who hates gay ppl, and is schizophrenic.

January 14, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  72. Starrfire

When my gf fat mama alecia eats out my shrimp smelly pu55y she layer tarta sauce all over it n she goes 2 town. oooo she knows how 2 use her tounge that fat 1

January 14, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  73. Starrfire

My pu55y still smell like shrimp cuz i don't wash. I'm 2 fat 2 reach under to clean there.

January 14, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  74. always thinkin

Who cares if he can act, he is great to look at. There are tons of horrible movie stars, he's not any different.

January 14, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  75. Lindsi

Ummm nasty what,is wrong with you

January 14, 2012 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  76. pheona

Oh one more thing I have a.okay.

January 14, 2012 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  77. pheona

Whatever I want him,my favorite number is 69.

January 14, 2012 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  78. clueless

man some of the coments by these gay guys cracked me up its nice to know men wether gay or straigth will alwas be vulgar haha

January 14, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  79. richard

Hey Cali Girl you smoke bud?

January 14, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  80. Cali Girl

No wonder gay men get a terrible wrap.....just read the disgusting, animalistic comments posted here. I think George Clooney is the hottest man ever but you don't see me writing filth like sitting on his face etc....

Gross. Hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth!

January 14, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  81. starrfire

I think he is a good actor and boy is he hot!!

January 14, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  82. Sokman

Now he knows, and knowing is half the battle

January 14, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  83. jaymie brown

I like his acting, putting all his good looks and good physical features aside, he seems promising. His roles may not be wonderful but he is trying. All the best in 2012 Channing Tatum. Praying for the best for you.

January 13, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  84. myopinion

Some of these responses are sick! WTH is wrong with you people. No wonder there is such a moral decline in society today.

January 13, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  85. pheona

We can sit on each others faces,he is beautiful.

January 13, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Big Tone

Didn't realize this was the gay response room.

January 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  87. N8ball

Dude is the worst actor EVER!

January 13, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  88. as1990

Damn, I want to suck on his dick so bad.......

January 13, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Regina

He may not think his acting skills are the best but I think he is a gorgeous caucasian male!

January 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  90. geri

Ladies, have some self respect......

January 13, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alana

Oh like men do, when they are ogling at female entertainers in other articles? Get over yourself.

January 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Chavez

That's okay because you are FINE as hell.

January 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Slu*ty Sally

Lmao! Poor baby, you have no body to troll so are trolling yourself. Lmfao!!

January 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  93. trix are for kids

Does he know he's one of the worst?

January 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • comeon

He's better than Dane Cook, so at least he is THE worst. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

January 13, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Charlie Crack

I just pray he will email me at ch_crack@yahoo.com I am free this weekend.

January 13, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  95. opinion

Gross

January 13, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Richard Fore

Mine too. I think he is absolutely delish. A total dreamboat.

January 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  97. nacho mama

Step Up is one of my guilty pleasures. "Skinny's dead!" Don't worry about it, Channing. Even Keanu Reeves was in Kenneth Brannagh's version of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.

January 13, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Richard Fore

ch_crack@yahoo.com thinks Channing is a great actor and has dreamy eyes.

January 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |