While you were working...
January 12th, 2012

While you were working...

Today's news you might've missed:

• No hard feelings here. Kylie Minogue wished her ex and his fiancee well via Twitter on Wednesday: "Congrats to Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry!!" [Twitter]
  • "The Cabin in the Woods" will open the 2012 SXSW Film Festival on March 9 in Austin, Texas. The Joss Whedon flick won't hit theaters until April 13. [Entertainment Weekly]
  • According to him, George Lucas' Tuskegee Airmen action film, "Red Tails," might never have come to pass. The "Star Wars" creator told Jon Stewart Hollywood shies away from putting money into black films. [The Hollywood Reporter]
  • Steve Carell looked please to don a bedazzled velvet suit on the set of "Burt Wonderstone" in Las Vegas. Can you blame him? His wardrobe on "The Office" was just so blasé. [US Weekly]
  • Showtime's "Weeds" might not live to see another season. Its eighth season could be its last, Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins said at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour. [The Hollywood Reporter]

Filed under: While you were working

1. Peace

Hey all! I'm still cracking up from the "The Throwback" blog & then I clicked on the pic of Steve Carell! Another lol! Good laughs for Fri the 13th! So I see we have a "name game" going. I'll take a guess @ Sadie. Ummmm...Scott. (Any prizes involved? HaHa)

January 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. @tracie

Maybe like you she's crazy.

January 13, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sly Sadie

Good morning Mad! I agree with you. Not the best pic. I had to google him. I had no idea who he was. Have a good day!

January 13, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. The Måd Råp3r

Can I sign on as CNNs photo consultant? Seriously. Olivier looks like he's somewhere between massively baked and full of homicidal rage.

January 13, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. laquesha tyree

He is a dang lesbean. A gay one. Like Mr. Ed and T-Rex and Richard Fore.

January 13, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sokman

Olivier Martinez(who?) gets to marry Kylie Minogue AND Halley Berry in the same lifetime? Dude is a god...

January 13, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sly Sadie

@Okay- I guess it's just past everyone's bedtime. lol...

January 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. shut

Up. You threatened by a man. You must be a little interested if you want to know his name. Ooo wow I want to know name too. Is it Shawn, Blake, Lee, or Floyd? Do we get something special if we guess it?

January 12, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Okay

I give up. What is going, or not, on here? New guy scare every1 off ? @oooo u need to take a hike. Blogs not the same since u came. Any1 agree with me ? Tell ur d@mn name b4 u go. Lmao

January 12, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sly Sadie

@oooo- I missed you again! I'm not much for any guy that is bedazzled, either. I'd much prefer a guy in jeans any day. Ok, my guess for tonight, Ben? Have a good night, oooo. (We really need a name! lol)

January 12, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Oooo wow man

Hi Sadie. I just don't see myself wearing a bedazzled suit, velvet at that.lol I'm a denim kind of guy. For your information-nobody guessed my name yet. Nite Sadie!

January 12, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sly Sadie

I just checked out the the pic of Steve Carell in his bedazzled velvet suit, and he's got blonde hair, too. He looks very Vegas. Burt Wonderstone might be a funny movie.

January 12, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jenny Poo

Don't start Jammal,laquesha tryee.

January 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. laquesha tyree

Wish something good was on TV tonight. Looks like not too much on.

January 12, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. JAMMAL

They were mean to tracie too. Anyome thats mean to tracie has just got to be a juuish gay lesbean mormon. One that dont watch tv.

January 12, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

It's going to be hilarious when, one day, you actually slip and say something like this while not hidden behind the safety of the internet and someone beats the ever-living C R A P out of your pathetic a s s.

January 13, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  16. JAMMAL

Peoples were mean to me today. They said im not me. I bet they are dang mormons. Mormons or juuus. Or lesbeans. Probably gay lesbeans at that. Yeah. Thats right. They are gay lesbean mormons. Juuish ones.

January 12, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |