What's the verdict: Kaley Cuoco hosts the People's Choice Awards
January 12th, 2012

What's the verdict: Kaley Cuoco hosts the People's Choice Awards

After hosting the People’s Choice Awards for five years in a row, Queen Latifah passed the proverbial baton on Wednesday night to “Big Bang Theory” actress Kaley Cuoco.

Cuoco immediately garnered laughs as her “BBT” character Penny in a pre-recorded sketch. She later took the stage, using special effects, self-deprecating humor and costume changes to wow viewers. But did she succeed?

The envelope says… yes.

The actress might not have won favorite TV comedy actress – “Glee’s” Lea Michele swiped the award – but she certainly didn’t win worst awards show host either.

Most of the criticism floating around the web is aimed at the show, not it’s host: “Last night’s People’s Choice Awards was a pretty sub-par trophy-distributing affair, complete with gags that fell painfully flat, a game host trying in vain to rise above schlocky material,” The Washington Post states.

The report also questioned Cuoco’s introduction of Rob Schneider and Cheech Marin: “I don’t care what anyone says, these next two guys are funny.” Intentional or not, some reports are referring to the intro as a backhanded compliment. Entertainment Weekly called the line the night “best unintentional diss” of the night.

But as a whole, the show went off without a hitch, thanks to Cuoco’s plans for a foolproof show.

She said she brought the live studio audience from “BBT” along, just in case the audience doesn’t laugh at her jokes. “These guys laugh at whatever I say,” she said, successfully signaling the small group.

And just in case things go “really wrong,” Cuoco said, she’s prepared to distract the viewers with a firework display on stage.

And though Cuoco didn’t need saving, veteran host Neil Patrick Harris made a hilarious cameo to make certain the audience was entertained.

The “How I Met Your Mother” star stole the opening when he admitted his addiction to hosting awards shows and performing musical numbers. “I’m on a five step program, but I’m only on step,” he said, breaking in to song and dance, “5 6, 7, 8.”

Another highlight belonged to the “Parks and Recreation” cast, who revealed their hidden talents in a pre-recorded sketch. Cuoco was present to move things along, and prove that Rob Lowe’s hidden talent - to make any woman fall in love with him - is no joke. (The pair co-star in Lifetime’s “Drew Peterson: Untouchable.”)

What did you think of Cuoco’s performance?

Filed under: Awards Season • Big Bang Theory

1. Erick

You need to just relax. Let it come as it will. If after relaxing, you aren't ientgtg what you want from her tell her. Be honest, upfront, and make sure you're both on the same page about your relationship boundaries.Sometimes people aren't good together after realizing what else is out there. Not to say either of you aren't good enough for each other, but, you both deserve to be happy right?You aren't being controlling, and the natural feeling of being obsessive towards her will go away with time.So, again, my short answer is to tell her exactly how you feel, or, be content with how things are.Let us know what happens after you talk, if you'd like.

March 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TimSul

Tracie... What a sad, small-minded, pathetic excuse for a human being you must be.

January 15, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • siharat

Lortab Abuse .com welcomes you to post ctmoenms on the subjects of Lortab and Lortab Abuse, or any kind of drug related topics of issues. We look forward to hearing your opinions and ctmoenms

March 17, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  3. MichaelB

“I don’t care what anyone says, these next two guys are funny.”

Except that they're not.

January 15, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mt

I really like this girl, she's funny, pretty and very likable...I wish her much continued success...

January 15, 2012 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ruby Hart

Although not the best show, the hosting was excellent for the age range it is intended for. I will not be watching the other award show that promotes a host that finds putting others down as comedy. This was a breath of fresh air compared to that one.

January 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Happy hands

It made me sad when I heard she was engaged... I want one of her... Even if she's not the best actress, she's yummy looking.

January 13, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Leo

This is how this pathetic freak responds to every news story. He thinks it's amusing. The rest of the world thinks he is just sad.

January 13, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jane

Great! Have you heard http://www.seniorssingledating.com/? It's the best and most effective senior dating site for senior singles over 50! Many of our members are well-educated, successful, and fresh in mind. I think you will like it.

January 13, 2012 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sokman

Well played Brett Favre, well played. First good laugh I've had on here in awhile

January 13, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. denise

I thought she was adorable and funny. A lot better and more entertaining than other 'seasoned' hosts!

January 12, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peter

Kayley did a great job of hosting the show! She is also gorgeous.

January 12, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. anne

Leave it to some people to be disgusting.

January 12, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. val

Kaley Cuoco has a whiny voice, not one to host an entire show. Not sure where she needs to be but not as a host when she gets on your nerves. How did she ever have a career at all when her voice imulates the K's... the worst

January 12, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. EJS

When I watched the Parks & Recreation skit last night I thought it was kind of funny that Amy Poehler kept standing in front of Kaley Cuoco in a not so subtle attempt to block her from the camera. Or was that part of the bit?

January 12, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dom the mover

I had to turn it off after 5 minutes, without the rest of the cast of BBT, she's just annoying, cheesy, and way too campy!

January 12, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyssie

I agree with the others, Kaley is adorable, funny, and gorgeous! As for Val and Dom the Mover, im not sure you were watching the same show as the rest of us :p

January 14, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. NOOOOOO

Is that a ring on her finger??? She's engaged/married? ???? ????

January 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Brett Favre

I've sent her a token of my appreciation via text message.

January 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |