Tickets to 'Dark Knight Rises' already selling out
January 11th, 2012

Tickets to 'Dark Knight Rises' already selling out

"The Dark Knight Rises" won't open until July 20, but tickets for a midnight showing are not only on sale - some of them have already been bought out completely.

Entertainment Weekly reports that anxious fans can purchase admission to "The Dark Knight Rises" midnight opening on July 19 in IMAX theaters in San Francisco and Los Angeles using movie ticket e-retailer Fandango.

Unfortunately for those living in the Big Apple, it is already sold out of New York midnight IMAX showings.

A Fandango rep tells EW that it's not unheard of for tickets to go on sale so far in advance, although this is earlier even than "Avatar's" pre-sale, which began four months before it was released in December of 2009.

The furor for this film surely has studio execs at Warner Bros. dreaming of another record-setting box office showing, as "Dark Knight Rises" predecessor, "The Dark Knight," holds the No. 2 spot for best opening weekend thanks to the $158 million it brought in at the box office in 2008.

Filed under: movies • The Dark Knight Rises

1. man

Woah this blog is wonderful i really like reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You know, lots of people are looking around for this info, you can aid them greatly.

March 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. the dark knight rises toys

There is definately a lot to find out about this issue. I really like all the points you've made.

August 13, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Boost Your Sales on eBay

The fast red

February 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leo

HA! Not going anywhere, and I am at work, getting paid and able to spend as much time online as I would like. I love how everyone here is jumping on me when this started as me telling a c r a p obsessed loser to stop his freakish actions. Whatever... You're probably all sitting in the library next to each other. Can't wait for your study hall to be over...

January 13, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pumpkin

How come Leo keeps telling people to go back to class, etc.? Sounds like he doesn't have much to do but try to defend himself against who he thinks are teenagers. Why aren't you working or doing something else productive and not spending hours on a Batman discussion board?

January 13, 2012 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Navybat

Leo, this is a public forum. If you can't take the heat, get out of here! And stop the name calling. Obviously, YOU have an inferiority complex–probably well earned.

January 13, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. Leo

Yes, yes. Defend the c r a p obsessed loser-freak. *Sigh* Just another 70 pound nerd trying to flex his internetz skillz... Just go away kid.

January 13, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. thislittlepiggy

boink

January 13, 2012 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. benji

I'll wait until I can get this on DVD.

January 12, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ibrad

Yes, I have them also. They are called underoos! I have the HULK,Thor and Spiderman too.

January 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rudolph.A.Furtado

When is the film releasing in India? Awaiting the same having been thrilled by "Dark Knight", the villain "Joker" being one of the most unforgettable roles in movie history according to me."BANKRUPTCY BAHOOTH DHOOR HAIN? ITS TIME TO MPVE ON "DARK KNIGHT"?

January 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Heath

@Terrell, have some respect man. I'm trying to rest in peace. oh, since I've got your eye, would you pass a message to my boyfriend, Jake. " Sorry about slipping you the tongue in that one movie we did, I know it was gross, but tickled a little,lol"

January 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Leo

Yes I love it. I want more...way more! Batman is fake and gay just like all you losers. Stuff it in and don't stop.

January 12, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

I (the real Leo) would never resort to calling anyone gay. Just another closeted 14 year old, posting under my name. Wow. Original.

January 13, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. Terrell

Is Heath Ledger going to be in this one?

January 12, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • RoflKopter

And the award goes to....

This is the funniest comment in the thred . Excelsiour!

January 13, 2012 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  15. @Leo

Since YOU were the first to respond to tracie, when tracie was not commenting to YOU, about YOU, or for YOU, maybe it's YOU, Leo, who should mind YOUR own business.

January 12, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Leo

Anyone with half an ounce of sense would be able to see I am replying to the freak (aka tracie). Dave and DJCowboy, again, mind your own business.

January 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rick

They're called "underoos". Get it right lol!

January 12, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mimi

Hi Girls and Boys. If you ever feel like you need to talk to some1, need advice or just need to vent. Relationship issues, family issues, work, school ... Whatever bother you tell Mimi on Facebook "ONE LOVE" request to be added and you will. There will be girls and boys from all over the country. No matter what is your gender, skin color, or religion you are welcome. As long as you don not insult each other. This project was just created, it is 100% free and I do it to help people who sometimes struggle with life and even the ones who struggle in silence.
    Mimi is here.

January 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Dave

You posted it on a public forum. There IS no 'mind your own business' here.

January 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. DJCowboy

Leo, I like how you tell someone to mind their own business on a public forum where everyone can see what you write.

January 12, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. DaddyO

THANK YOU! These movies are average at best. Here today gone tomorrow super hero flicks mascaraing as something more. The plot and structure of TDK was a mess. The climax comes in the middle of the film with the Joker truck chase. Then the film drags on for another hour only to to have batman use cell phones to go after the Joker while some melodrama plays out in the river. Meh. Nolan is way over rated. And before you start on about Inception, he uses the same tonal soundtrack (stolen from Kubrick) and cinematography as these Batman films. He's a competent director but his movies are more technical exercise than storytelling. Tell me you would not have been surprised to see Batman show up in the BatSki and pull Leo out of that snow base at the end of Inception.

January 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  22. TheAndriconBoy

If this movie is even slightly more intelligent, suspenseful, and well-written as The Dark Knight, it might just succeed in being a big piece of crap.

January 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Disappointed

Speaking of superheroes, I was disappointed by how poor the Green Lantern, Capt. Amer. and Thor were. I was excited when I learned that these movies were being released.

It's a shame that they didn't do a better job, making these movies.

January 12, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • TheAndriconBoy

Does this mean you were disappointed in The Dark Knight? Because I thought it was laughable. Just as bad as Green Lantern.

January 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Spy C Weiner

Wiggle Worms!

January 12, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. James K.

Be careful when buying advanced movie tickets. A friend recently purchased advanced tickets online only to find out he wasn't able to get into the movie because they had oversold the seating.

January 12, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  26. Paul

I have a pair of "Batman" underwear. Since I have his, I assume he is going commando.

January 12, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  27. Leo

You're a little slow, aren't you? I was referring to tracie, not the movie. Mind your own business.

January 12, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  28. P.J.

Hey Leo,

ONe Trick Pony? The second movie in the series holds the #2 spot in best opening weekend ever, and the first movie in the series did extremely well (well enough for a sequel). So, you're an idiot.

January 12, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  29. Leo

Loser. Get help.

January 12, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  30. Bucci

*entertainment

January 12, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  31. Bucci

First of all...its only entertainment...u don't go to batman movie for oscar nominated performances...u go to c stuff get blown up some action n great camera shots for a couple of hrs so lighten up...n yes if u've been watchin superhero movies since superman 1 n star wars its hard to b surprised or to even b wowed...so jus go to c what they can w the new technology...did I mention its only entertainmeny...?

January 12, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  32. donnie

First Batman Adam West will be there lol

January 12, 2012 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  33. donnie

Batman actor is same as last 2 but he gas said it is his final as Batman.

January 12, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ron

Man, I'd kill fo sum Kfc and malt licker rite now. BLACK POWER YOU CRACKAS!

January 12, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • steeler

yep, Ron is a white guy posing as black. I would like to apologize to everyone for ron, if you can find him on the street please smack him.

January 12, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. kwilliams

So who is playing batman this time and i think they should use halle berry as catwomen 2 play a villian not a hero

January 12, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • ElKai0

Reading these comments make me sad about the state of people's brains in America.

January 12, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • TheAndriconBoy

Why, ElKai0? Because the above comment indicates someone who is not obsessed with pop culture? I, for one, am relieved to see someone make a joke about the next Batman movies. The sun does not rise nor set on Chris Nolan and his ability to insult the intelligence of his audience. Nor does it rise or set on the fans who don't understand the difference between "cool/entertaining/flashy" and "quality/art/intelligent."

January 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. donnie

Marshalgirl said it right the first time. HOLY PRE SElLOut. Lol

January 12, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  37. MarcSK

Nice to see CNN commenters having smart, well thought out opinions and conversations.

January 12, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  38. bdl1978

I was in a mental hospital with a guy who thought he was batman. no joke

January 12, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  39. MH

Hey this looks good have you seen The Light in the Shadows its an independent black and white noir. You can watch it for free here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfFAiBVrWyU&context=C3521e65ADOEgsToPDskIBTjbDP7pPyM4QSBJTb5TQ

Awesome.

January 12, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  40. Robin

I wish I was in the movie. :-(

January 12, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  41. Old Fanboy

I hope this third and final one will be good as the first two films, rarely are trilogies that are all good, one after the other in order especially in comic book movies.
    With Nolan and Bale leaving the world of the Dark Knight behind, is there anyone in Hollywood, who's willing to try a Superman/Batman movie – "World Finest Team" anytime soon ? Marvel got a super-team movie out, it's time that DC gets off their cinematic duffs and get a great script, skilled fine actors and a buttload of money to finance the film and make one great movie, I like to see this happen.

P.S. Gina Carano for Wonder Woman ! Who better to play the Amazon Princess of Themysceria ? And maybe, that guy from Seinfeld, who played David Puddy, I forget his real name....don't you think he'll make a great Captain Marvel ? AKA the world's mightest mortal, worthy of the Power of SHAZAM ?
    Basically a Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel movie starring the big Four of DC Comics.

January 12, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  42. marshallgirl

I can't wait!!! I expect this movie to be amazing, but I love Batman so I'm gonna love it no matter what. And all this racist crap is dumb! STFU and go be ignorant somewhere else! Also, I don't like Obama either and that doesn't make me racist (which I've been told). BATMAN <3!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  43. Robert

Holy pre sellout!!!!!

January 12, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  44. AKINTAN

YO.......!!!You're the voice of America,the voice of change,hope and emancipation....Keep soaring high 'BARRACK OBAMA'-"GOD BLESS AMERICA";"GOD BLESS NIGERIA MY COUNTRY"

January 12, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  45. black thunder

Where is the girl that like to swallow big black monkey wieners

January 12, 2012 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  46. facelessman75

7-20-2012 can't wait!!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  47. vincentvega

Baba Booey!!

January 12, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Meatzorp

I wish I can get to this, but Im stuck in the Blumpkin Galaxy.

January 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  48. vincentvega

It Obama's fault!

January 12, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  49. uncle salty

I'll wait to get this one on netflix. I've had my heart broken too many times (star wars 1-3, the last indiana jones, the last 2 die hard movies to manne a few) to spend my hard earned money on a franchise movie.

January 12, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  50. just fred

I just paid $150 for 2 front row tickets on stubhub. Crazy

January 11, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Douggy

Batman?!? Someone brought up racism with Batman!? Seriously? Didnt that stop being popular 20 years ago?...Batman...guysand girls just let it go. Oh and the movie will be good.

January 11, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ryanzzzz

Personally, when it comes to movies with this much hype and anticipation (like the Phantom Menance – yeah, yeah, I know), I usually skip the whole midnight showing thing and opt to see it on a sunday or weekday morning. A lot less stress. Who would really want to willing subject themselves to the crowd pandemonium but the most extroverted die-hard fans?

January 11, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Stang

What? Anne Hathaway the Catwoman? What happened to Halle Berry? She is still hot!!

January 11, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  54. patrick

This movie will be a letdown cause anne hathaway is catwoman! She's a good actress and all, but she will suck as the villain. She needs to go back to being a wife dumped by her gay cowboy husband. Not stand beside one of the biggest superhero icons in history. Just saying.

January 11, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. kenitocin

January 11, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  56. kenitocin

Prjudice is not prejudice to whom it makes ignorant and foolish.

January 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Ramiro Garcia

Movie will be another mega hit for MASTER MIND NOLAN!!!

January 11, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Ron

Man th only black heros are toms man, its racialist 2 keep us down, u white fools 2 dum 2 know it, like jj and uncle salty. Hey jj why don't u see why uncle be salty, u no what I mean btch. Obama rules over white fools like u all. He da king.

January 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not-The-Leo

Ron you are an idiot. I am a black man. and I will not waste my vote on the worst President of my lifetime (50 yrs old).
      You should get some more education and really say to yourself what has the hope & change done for me. Now get off the Obama bandwagon and talk about the Dark Knight, which should be a very entertaining movie.

January 12, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  59. dumbname

Instead of worrying about our political/economic future. Too many people are obsessed with Illuminati-controlled entertainment. America and the world are headed to a communist one-world government, I hope you know – so enjoy your freedoms while you still have them. In the meantime, there are people like me fighting against Obamacare, The Patriot and NDA Acts, and SOPA.

January 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  60. dumbname

Instead of worrying about our political/economic future. Too many people are obsessed with Illuminati-controlled entertainment. America and the world are headed to a communist one-word government, I hope you know – so enjoy your freedoms while you still have them. In the meantime, there are people like me fighting against Obamacare, The Patriot and NDA Acts, and SOPA.

January 11, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  61. jj

Shut up black dude..obama is a loser and a failure...

January 11, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. uncle salty

There's a black dude That's a green lantern. Blade and falcon are black too. So much for "letting" there be a black hero.

January 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  63. YaImwhite

Well if black dudes would stop committing all the crimes then maybe we would let them play a hero. Probably not, but maybe

January 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • whyentertain

Why must you entertain Ron? I am black and didn't feel the need to agree wit his statement. Also, I didn't understand why you would even stooped to his level of ignorance with the comment you made. This post is about the dark knight, not racial issues in America....come on ppl.

January 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Actually more whites commit violent crimes. Check the stats. Don't believe the hype man. The FBI's Univeral Crime Report will help to enlighten you a bit. That is only if you care about the truth. I dare you to.

January 12, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  64. big Al of KC

I just realized that they allow children or totally immature adults place post on the CNN Blogs. Go figure! Liberals...got to love'em!

January 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryanzzzz

As opposed to the comments on neo-con sites and blogs, where you have adults acting like children. Ha!

January 11, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Lol, you're just realizing this now?

January 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  65. The Joker

I hope it flops.

January 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. farticus

The cartoon version has more believable actors.

January 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Ron

Look man I don't even CARE anymore man, u white folks be so lame with the Barack putdowns. U no he will just suspend elections man he got the power.

January 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • seraphim01

You are an utter, and complete idiot.

January 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • steeler

i guess ron really is that stupid. RON go get an education, learn how to speak proper english and maybe whites will actually accept you.

January 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

No. If someone (regardless of race, religion, creed or color) does not know to speak proper Enlish, then they will never get my respect.

January 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • doofus

lol @ Enlish

January 12, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your Name Here

Or maybe you should just get of the meth or crack, dude!

January 12, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  68. CHARLES MANSON

Goin to Sharon Tate's house tonight... anyone wanna come?...

January 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ron

Yo what's up. Look this a putdown for blacks. Totally racialist. 4 sure all da crooks in the movie will be BLACK. The hero, Batman, well he be WHITE. U see? U see?

January 11, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • vet2012

Do you know how to speak/write proper English? You sound like an idiot.

January 12, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • ericbrett73

what are you saying?

January 12, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • steeler

no one is so stupid they actually talk like that right? If so, get off the internet and go to school dumb a$$.

January 12, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  70. robra

Time wasted,money wasted

January 11, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  71. mikrik13

I'm betting when I get to the theater there will still be plenty of seats available. Over promotion of a film can work against sales in the long run. It can lead to disappointing reviews.

January 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ericbrett73

It can...but it can also work in their favor as well. You ever heard of Harry Potter or Twilight, huge box office hits that sold out before their premieres; huge promotional campaigns. I guess it all depends on how you look at things, glass half full or empty.

January 12, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • mikrik13

I have been to an amazing number of films over the years (far more than the average person) but never have I been turned away due to the film being sold out. Possibly the only good thing about Las Vegas.

January 12, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  72. Sylvia Saint

It`s a MOVIE for crying out loud, not a live performance. What has happened to this country`s values. Next they will be scalping movie tickets.

January 11, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • eric

These tickets will be scalped, too. Look what people did when the PS3 and Xbox 360 came out–some would buy 2 or 3 of them, keep one for themselves, and throw the remaining ones on eBay to earn a hefty profit from high bids.

January 12, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • TheAndriconBoy

You’re right! These people should not be paying $10-$12 per ticket to see it on opening night. Instead they should be spending hundreds on the worst seats in the house to see that pretentious gasbag, Bono, and his U2 cronies play. Or maybe they should be spending hundreds to go watch a bunch of over-payed grown men in tights grab each other and play around with a funny-shaped object during a football game? Maybe they should be worried about packing a cooler full of hog-swill beer so they can watch a bunch of rednecks drive in circles really, really fast. Clearly you’re the expert at what form of entertainment is worth spending money on.

January 12, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Not-the Leo

It will be a very good movie. The cast is strong.
      As for selling the tickets, so what I made a small fortune selling ps3's when they first came out. I bought 10 kept two sold other 8 for 3x what I paid and could have made more on each.

January 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Sly Sadie

I really liked the first movie. Can't wait for this next one!

January 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Leo

I like to swallow big black monkey wieners.

January 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Thanks. You've just proven the point I've been trying to make in here for weeks. The only people that still use the word "Weiner?" ...14-year olds. Now go back to class and try to learn something other than Call of Duty controls. Loser.

January 12, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Stop talking to yourself

January 12, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Oh! LOOK! You posted a comment using my name!? Aren't you clever!? No one's EVER done that before...! *Yawn.* Go back to class, Loser.

January 12, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo

Grilled cheese sandwiches!

January 12, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Leo Nardo Dee Cap Rio

It was my name before you kids were even born

January 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really Tracie??

Really...wiener and poop jokes? Seriously, you can't get past that? I know it's tough being in grade 6 and trying to come up with funny material, but try.

January 12, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Leo

*Yawn.* One trick pony, Loser.

January 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  76. carrieanne

I hope the hype doesnt supercede the actual movie!

January 11, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Superhiro

I just have the strangest feeling that this movie'll be a disappointment. Maybe it's the threequel problem.

January 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Maybe he would be a more believable batman if he didnt get his &ss kicked by chinese soldiers

January 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Peter Jackson did fine with his three. Who's to say Nolan can't pull off a brilliant trilogy? And he follows up with yet another DC hero...hint hint.

January 12, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superhiro

Maybe financially he did well with his trilogy, but Return of the King was a cheesy, way-too-long snorefest compared to his other two films. I'm not worried that this movie won't be successful, I'm worried that it won't be very good.

January 12, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |