Justin Bieber wants to grow up at his own pace
January 11th, 2012

Justin Bieber wants to grow up at his own pace

Justin Bieber's 18th birthday is looming ahead in March, and while he aims to one day be known as more than a teen sensation, he isn't going to start singing from a more adult perspective just yet.

"There are people who try to grow up too fast," the pop star tells V magazine. "They’re 18, so they’re like, I’m not a kid anymore. People need to know I’m not a kid anymore. But at the end of the day, I’m not completely grown-up. I’m still learning."

As a result, it doesn't sound like the Biebs will take the usual "I'm not a teen star anymore" PR route, complete with more risque career moves and photos of the star engaging in, shall we say, more grown-up activities.

"I’m going to grow up how I grow up. I’m not going to try to conform to what people want me to be or go out there and start partying, have people see me with alcohol," Bieber says. "I want to do it at my own pace. But I’m never going to make myself so the kids and the parents don’t respect me. There are some artists [who] [parents won’t] let their kids go and see because they think they’re a bad influence."

Instead, Bieber envisions himself doing something similar to what Michael Jackson was able to do, create music that could be enjoyed by a wide swath of age groups.

"I don’t want to start singing about things like sex, drugs, and swearing. I’m into love, and maybe I’ll get more into making love when I’m older," he said. "But I want to be someone who is respected by everybody. Because right now, the young people are who make society. Young people determine what’s cool. Young people determine what’s going to be in style. So I always stick with the young people, that’s what I say."

Filed under: Celebrities • Justin Bieber

1. KajinPL

It's good to see some teen celebs have their priorities in order. Good for the kid. You tend to screw up when you rush. Look at Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and her sister, and Miley Cyrus who had just couldn't stop screwing up.

January 12, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. Leo

Hey, Guess what tom: Bieber's actually pretty tall. And, who exactly are you calling a "mo" when you are the one trying to envision his "weenie?" Check yourself, Loser.

January 12, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. tom

He should worry about growing period. At 18, he's almost officially a dwarf with that tiny, lesbian like body, face and hair. Is size is related to size...then he probably has a 3" weenie....poor little mo.

January 12, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sly Sadie

@Judd- that's exactly what I was thinking. And the Daddy is....

January 11, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Judd

Justin should have thought about staying a kid before "possible" parenthood. I wonder when we will find out what the paternity test results were? The results should be in by now. If I remember correctly, he stopped at a lab in NJ on his way to the Rockefeller Tree Lighting Ceremony in NYC which is on the first Wednesday of December. Inquiring minds want to know! LOL!!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hot Hanoi

Bieber 's latest photos http://bit.ly/zdNbhM

January 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJz2ollrR8&w=640&h=390]

January 11, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bob

He should slow down a bit, all of that man juice on ones forehead does make one grow up in the fast lane, right

January 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Justin Bieber

When I turn 18 I am going to troll the gay bars for big black wieners.

January 11, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leo

It's amazing just how much the 14-year olds are infatuated with Bieber. So much so they click on every story about him! And, what's with this unnatural obsession with "wieners" and g a y bars? Poor little 14-year olds, still confused and living in the closet...

January 12, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. Justin Bieber

I want to know more about loving other men. I guess I'll need to learn a little bit from Richard Fore because he's good with other men.

January 11, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |