Katy Perry's dad apologizes for anti-Semitic remarks
Katy Perry attends the 2010 American Music Awards with then-husband Russell Brand, right, and father Keith Hudson, left.
January 10th, 2012

Katy Perry's dad apologizes for anti-Semitic remarks

Katy Perry’s father, Pastor Keith Hudson, has apologized after being criticized by two prominent Jewish groups for giving a sermon that included anti-Semitic remarks.

The evangelical preacher drew ire from the Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC) and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) on Monday because of remarks he made about Jews during a recent speaking engagement at the Church on the Rise in Westlake, Ohio.

“You know how to make the Jew jealous? Have some money, honey,” Hudson allegedly said. “You go to L.A. and they own all the Rolex and diamond places. Walk down a part of L.A. where we live and it is so rich it smells. You ever smell rich? They are all Jews, hallelujah! Amen.”

The director of the ADL, Abraham Foxman, called the remarks “unabashedly anti-Semitic,” although he noted that he was not involving the pastor’s 27-year-old pop star daughter in his reaction.

“Katy Perry is blameless for her parents’ behavior, and it is unfortunate that her good name is now attached to her father’s words,” Foxman said.

SWC founder Rabbi Marvin Hier said the alleged comments were reminiscent of Hitler or his propaganda chief, Joseph Goebbles.

“Keith Hudson was praying for different individuals and groups of people and he asked for business men and women to stand so that he could pray for them to be blessed and prosperous in their business pursuits,” the statement says. “The comment was intended as a compliment, not as a criticism.”

Paul Endrei, senior pastor at the Church on the Rise, added in a voicemail left with CNN that the congregation is “a very pro-Jewish church.”

“I know from talking today to Keith [Hudson] that he definitely is not, you know, anti-Semitic, or was intending to say anything negative at all,” Endrei said. “In fact, the statement he was trying to make was positive, but it was taken out of context.”

Hudson himself has offered an apology for his comment, telling CNN in a statement that he “deeply” regrets the “hurtful and ugly language” he used while speaking at the Ohio church.

“I am not going to offer any excuse, or tell you not to think what I did wasn't so terrible. I do insist, and G-d is my witness – that I am not an anti-Semite,” Hudson said. “But that is the point. We can do lots of harm even to those we love simply by using words irresponsibly.”

He continued, “I used images about Jews rooted in the worst anti-Semitism in the past, images that at times led to the persecution and murder of Jews…I used them without ever considering what they meant. … I apologize for the hurt that I caused my Jewish friends. With the help of G-d, it will not happen again.”

In a statement on Tuesday, the ADL accepted Hudson’s apology.

Katy Perry has thus far remained quiet about the controversy, although she has told fans that her family does not speak for her.

On Saturday, as rumors continued to circulate about her split from estranged husband Russell Brand, Perry tweeted, “ Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, ‘close sources’ or my family.”

1. KatyPerryIsBlameless

LOL at the ADL going out of their way to state that Katy Perry herself had done nothing wrong. Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.

December 26, 2012 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. hyipnew365.com

You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually something that I feel I might by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very large for me. I'm taking a look forward to your next post, I'll try to get the dangle of it!

August 20, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. Blackops Christian

I'm pleased to know that Pastor Keith Hudson has apologized to all Jews. Just bear in mind that to curse the Jews (God's chosen race) is to curse God Himself. Quoting Genesis 12:3 (in part) in which God told Abraham (the founding father of Israel) "..I will bless them that bless thee, and curseth them that curseth thee".

August 14, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. COOKIE FROM PHILLY

This is a gross ugly statement- a complete sweeping generalization that seems as clueless as he seems to really act! This man is an extremely poor representative of anything religious except someone who is completely dedicated to narcissistic self absorbed behavior- Guess we will soon hear about him preaching in Mel Gibson's private church in Malibu! wow birds of a feather "FLOCK" 2 gether!!

February 6, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. WAKEUP

How is THE TRUTH anti-semitic? How?

February 5, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. brown

F u c k the Jews. Is that anti semitic?

January 26, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Janie

Love how CNN blocks out the word God. Who's being racist now?

January 24, 2012 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. md2205

It is important to remember that millions of Jews were viciously tortured and murdered for being Jewish within the past 70 years. Most European and Russian Jews have parents, grandparents and other relatives that were murdered or had to live in forests or under barns, or in closets, or attics or basements for years hiding from the non-Jews who were hunting for them. Stalin also did a good job killing millions of Jews. And before the killing starts, the name-calling comes, the stereotypes, and nasty comments, and hateful stares, and etc, etc. Even today, no one can leave Israel alone and they must say that the Jews have no right to their own land, Israel. It hasn't stopped yet from the non-Jews. Even the president pressures the Jews to give land to people that weren't even around when G-d told Abraham the land is his and his children's. The previous generation of Jews did not think another Holocaust could happen in America, but no one thought intellectual, educated, advanced Germany would do what it did to its Jews. If you are abused by your father, and one day you see your father coming to you with his hand raised, you are going to duck or cry out.

January 23, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. MrOyVey

Well, first off, Oy Vey! Second off, what he's saying is spot on. I wish I were jewish.

January 21, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. me138

stereotypes I think are funny for the simple reason that they are usually at least half true.

January 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. godoflunaticscreation

A major Jewish newspaper called for the assassination of our president and THIS is what they complain about?

January 21, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Church of Suicidal

Actually, wasn't it the Romans? I know the argument is that the Jews were behind it, but I've always wondered why modern Italians get a pass from the anti-semites.

January 18, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. fkthejew

Why did he apologize, they hav'nt apologized for making up a story that did not happen 50+ years ago!!!!!!!!!

January 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Eric

Another blatant example of how prevailing religious zealots preach hate and ignorance. They are all so fake in their "relationship with "God". They use that position to tout their ignorant discrimination. And for Jews who think that these fundamentalist dunderheads are their allies in support of Israel...don't be fooled. They only use you to oppose their greater enemy – Islam. If Islam were gone...you'd be next on their radar. Because these are people who always need to find some enemy to focus their small-minded hatred on. It's how they maintain themselves. Sickening and pathetic....how easy it is for them to recruit and pollute the minds of so many. Doing all we can to diminish their power and influence is the best thing we could do for oiurselves.

January 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hello.

Secondly, why make the racist comments?

If there is a sin Mr. Perry is committing, it is slander, and envy, and not loving they neighbor.

I feel he made very bad racist comments to his congregation, and lost respect.

January 14, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. Hello.

First of all when you are a preacher, teacher, or public person, you are in the spotlight, period.

He was wrong on so many levels to bring up the Jews at all. It was not necessary. By singling out a race, and what they do or don't do is bringing much dislike and discord upon that person, himself.

If he was truly a preacher, he would preach about God's love, and peace, and fellowship with thy neighbor.

January 14, 2012 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  17. SKY

MAN CAN SPEAK FOR GOD....LISTEN OPEN YOUR EARS, TEST WHAT A PERSON SAYS.....
    THERE IS ONE WHO SPEAKS WITH THE STABS OF A KNIFE AND THERE IS ONE WHO SPEAKS
    PEACE......THERE IS ONE WHO SPEAKS LIES, AND THERE IS ONE WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH.....
    A JEW IS THE SAME AND YOU OR I IN GODS EYES.
    JESUS CHRIST(ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE) CAME THROUGH THE FAMILY LINE OF ABRAHAM
    WHEN JESUS CHRIST WALKED THIS EARTH(ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE) THE JEWS REJECTED
    HIM, THEY WERE NOT LIVING UP TO THE LAW THEY ADDED TO THE LAW AND BEGAN TO THINK
    THEY WERE MORE HOLY THAT OTHERS.....

January 13, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • nancy

What!!!!! t is blatantly INCORRECT to say that "THE JEWS"( ALL Jews) rejected Jesus. The apostles were Jewish. The first wave of followers of Jesus from his death to the second century were JEWISH. These Jewish men were persecuted and martyered by the Roman government for carrying the message of Jesus as Messiah. Some of these Jewish followers were stoned to death, crucified themselves. Yet, still, these Jewish Christians proclaimed that Jesus was the Messiah. Contemporaneous first century sources indicated that the original Jesus Movement within Judaism, Jews who worshiped Jesus as the awaited for Jewish Messiah, were estimated in the thousands shortly after the death of Jesus. These Jewish followers of Jewish BEGAN Christianity. There are literally many thousands of theological articles regarding this topic. Avail yourself of the great researh of theologians and become correctly educated as a mainstream Christian.

January 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. dorothy

if you are going to stand behind Gods holy desk and speak...you must speak what God gives you to speak...for his thoughts are highter than our thoughts...mans words do not come from God.

January 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ron

This man is a man of the of God?????
    Sad state of affairs!!!

January 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. zealots

You all be wacky and you all be gay! I don't see how you wanna pack it and stay!! Pump dat rump and suk dat rod, makes me wanna bend over for Todd!

January 13, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sean

All of this crazy bible talk makes me wanna pump my buddy in da keister! I love to pound dat pooper!! Schlobin da knob is da best!

January 13, 2012 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sean

I love the ignorance of the statement, the 'Jews killed Jesus'. What relation does any Jew have 2000 years after that fact, to his death a fellow Jew. As well as all his disciples. The only way Jesus was to become Jesus, was to betrayed by his closest friends. Being omnipotent, makes them enablers. Jews have been persecuted since his death, over this ludicrous statement. The first time I heard it in Catholic school I felt ashamed by the churches ignorance in carrying on this asinine notion!

January 13, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • nancy

Thank you for an intelligent and thoughtful comment. The Catholic Church has officially acknowledged in recent years that the Roman Government officially killed Jesus. LIberal mainstream Protestant denominations have acknowledged this fact for many years. Misinformation about this topic led to the persecution of the Jews for many decades, and is currently a topic in contemporary Christian theologian's writings.

January 22, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Frederic Andre

Hey fruits. Hey fairies. Hey pillow biters. Hey puds! Suk it!!

January 13, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  24. akmac64

I be ready to bend IDU over my couch and ram dat culo! I iz gonna pack his fudge and make him pay for bein gay! Bend over buddy! Let's get down!!

January 12, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Mike B

I iz gonna pump dat IDU right in da poop chute! He can schlob my knob and suk my spoo!!

January 12, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Frederic Andre

Apologises are not sufficient ! This person MUST be banned from the Evangelical Curch !

January 12, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rob

Taken out of context, which seems to be the way to generate news stories. I guess it has always been that way.
    No to mention that everyone seems to walk on egg shells these days. Oh don't say anything about my race or background, or any of my attributes or you will be chastized.

I have never met a Christian or Jewish person that used G-d. Since when did CCN writers get so worried about offending anyone.

January 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. rs1201

I luv dem jewboyz! I just want to pound their pooper with my monster sized tool. Most of dem have tiny peters but I still introduce them to my friend Ben....Ben Dover!! Lata puds!

January 12, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  29. Norma

Writing an apology letter after responsibly or irresponsibly causing such offense became, unfortunately, a worldwide trend. I think, we must not only teach the world, including Arab governments in particular, OUR RED LINE(S) i.e. the Holocaust denial but also the[our] reaction that those backward minds must assume, in full, when they cross them.

January 12, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  30. evensteven

Good grief! One can hardly fart within 30 ft of some of these people without being considered anti-Semitic . . .

January 12, 2012 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  31. mickey1313

I luv dem jaaps and I luv dem chi-nks! I get a whiff of dem cooons and wow, what a stink. I luv dem jews cuz dey all so rich, awww screeew it...let's throw them all into a ditch! I luv dem fairies cuz I iz one too, makes me wanna slurp some tasty spoo!! Let's all get along and pump dat rump...I will pound dat pooper with my lil stump!

January 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Lala

Hey mickey1313. I may be a tard but I iz gonna take a monster strap-on jig-a-boo dil-do and ram it in your poop chute. I am guessing you already take one from your boyfriend, you pillow bitin fruit!!

January 11, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. mickey1313

um, lala, you are a tard. Jesus (was not real) but was aledgy a jew, so one group kills one of the same group, not a hate crime. Christians who think about the ancent times are so stupid.

January 11, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. SKY

@dave- IF CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE AND READ IT, THEY NEED TO MAN-UP TO WHAT REALLY HAPPEN
    TO JESUS CHRIST. READ MATTHEW 26:14-16, PILATE CALLED THE CHIEF JEWISH PRIEST AND SAID I
    FIND THIS MAN(JESUS) NOT DESERVING OF DEATH, ALSO HEROD -PAUSE-
    THE CHIEF JEWISH PRIEST COULD HAVE SAID , LET HIM GO FREE -PAUSE- HE WANTED JESUS DEAD!
    JUDAS MADE A DEAL WITH THE CHIEF PRIEST -READ MATTHEW 26:14-16
    ( TO HAND JESUS OVER TO THEM FOR THE KILL)
    NOW I MAY NOT BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST, BUT I KNOW WHAT I READ.
    IF JESUS WALKED THIS EARTH THE JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS MADE HIS LIFE A LIVING HELL,
    HE WAS A JEW AND CAME TO THEM, AND THEY AS A WHOLE REJECTED HIM...TO THIS DAY THEY
    DO NOT BELIEVE HE CAME TO THIS EARTH...SO WHY WOULD THE GOD OF THE HOLY BOOK CONTINUE
    TO BLESS A NATION THAT MURDERED HIS SON...PAUSE ....WOULD YOU PAUSE......
    MONEY DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BLESS BY GOD, THE SON ON MAN JESUS HAD NO PLACE TO LAY
    HIS HEAD ACCORDING TO THE WRITTEN WORD. SO IT COMES TO THIS, YOU HAVE ALL BEEN LIED
    TOO, AND ME TOO, BUT I HAVE LEARNED TO EXCEPT FACT AND TRUTH. NO MORE LIES

January 11, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Tim

Would someone please tell me what is anti-Semitic about his statement?

January 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. MarylandMJ

Hey jewboyz!! Suk it!! I iz gonna mess u up!!

January 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dave

Another Michael Lohan disguised as a minister. Just another hate monger hanging on to his daughter's coattails. No wonder she has moved on from them.

January 11, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Emperor Norton

It may be possible that this site is not moderated as extensively as it perhaps should be.

January 11, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. MarylandMJ

I have been looking to smack around some jews, some nigs, some chinks! I just wanna pound their face in! I iz into white supremacy and all that cool stuff. Nazis rule!!

January 11, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  40. MarylandMJ

Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you!

January 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  41. 3eyedjohnny

This was not an anti-semitic comment. Maybe not well-placed but definitely not anti-semitic. The majority of evanagelicals (especially those of the charismatic bent) are 100% pro-Israel. They believe the sign of prosperity that many Jewish people enjoy is validation of being "God's chosen people".
    People should stop sucking their thumbs and get a life!

January 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. MarylandMJ

Some of you posters here are like a bunch of babies in a playpen, smacking and kicking each other. Why do you have a NEED to hate so much? Your racist comments reveal your inner-ugliness.

January 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MarylandMJ

No denying there is a stereotype about Jewish people and money. Kate's father made a stupid mistake for saying that, however, because it is offensive. He's guilty of poor judgment, that's all. He can't take it back and I'm sure now he knows better now.

January 11, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SKY

YEAHHH!! ALL CAPS. Jews and coooons need not apply but I iz lookin for some lezbo lovin!!

January 11, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  45. Tom

So what did he say that was wrong? Is the truth considered taboo now? The jews have been amassing money for thousands of years and they continue to do so. And they only are interested in grabbing money any way they can, hence the Goldman Sachs and the Madofs of the world as we all sadly discovered. There is nothing anti-semitic about it as most jews in US are not even Semitic but from Europe.

January 11, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  46. sosofresh

You know what be fresh? When I pump a jew right in da dumper. I wanna pack da fudge of some jewboyz!! I know plenty of gay jews with their little wacky hats and tiny peters! Yeeaahh! Lovin to schlob da knob!!

January 11, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  47. guest

I iz gonna have some gayboyz over as guests and pound their pooper so hard, they be walkin bowlegged for a week!! I iz a fruit and I luv to pump da plump rumps with my lil stump!!

January 11, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  48. American

So first off what is so offensive about saying Jews are rich and own everything, its the truth, not a bad thing just a fact that they are usually blessed with good business, but why would this Blog put G-d instead of God like its a bad word, thats more offensive to me than what her dad did..... what a croc....

January 11, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  49. sosofresh

Sooo.... what part of his statement was incorrect? If he said "Jewish people are disproportionately involved in movie and television production, banking and the legal profession, would that be anti-Semitic? It is just a fact... take it however you want, but it is indisputably true.

January 11, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • BR

I've watched your comments, and don't play games with words. "Control" is what you said first, not "disproportionally involved.", which is a much more emotionally charged word, which is why you need to be called on your stereotyping. And FYI, Jewish people are DISPROPORTIONALLY (to their population) involved in banking. Frankly, that's mainly old white guys.

January 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  50. SKY

FACT: I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO HURT BUT SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO TELL THE TRUTH.....
    JESUS WAS A JEW BUT THE JEWISH NATIONS AS A WHOLE REJECTED HIM
    WHEN HE CAME TO THE EARTH THEY SAID HE WAS
    NOT THE SON OF GOD...OK... THE JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS ARE THE
    ONES WHO CONSPIRED TO HAVE JESUS CHRIST MURDERED.
    SO THERE I SAID IT, AND IT IS THE TRUTH.
    GOD TOLD ABRAHAM BY MEANS OF YOUR SEED, ALL NATIONS
    WOULD BE BLESSED, WE ARE OF THE NATIONS AND WE TOO ARE BLESSED!
    WE CAN SAY GOD, OR YHWH, IF MOSES CAN DO IT THAN SO CAN WE.

January 11, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Get a history book and read a little. The Romans were the ones that ended the life of Jesus. Even athiests know that.

January 11, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • malasangre

The Jews convicted him in a religious court., the Romans carried out the sentence. The jury/judge doesn't actually execute the prisoner they condemn. Get it?

January 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  51. IDU

Those jews is takin over da world!! I luv dem jig-a-boos better than dem money hungry puds. Maybe reverse slavery would be da trick!! Let's gather up these pillow bitin fudge packers and do some butt slammin!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  52. karyn

Cool! We can hook up and pound each other silly!! Let's chug some booze, hit da doobie and pull out dat big ol jig-a-boo schlonger! I will get down and get bizzy!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  53. Lala

I be crazy and I iz gonna take Truefax and shove a dil-do in his keister! He iz gonna pay da price for bein a punk!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  54. m0use2

That is one of the problems with most christian's, the statement "with gods help I won't do it anymore". Really, really....what you need to do is learn to keep your own mouth shut and not rely on someone else to do it for you. Most times christians mess up it is NOT their fault but satans........where as people who don't believe KNOW we are responsible foe what we say or do!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  55. Lala

I be athiest and a dyko. Maybe I can pound karyn in da poop chute! We be using a monster strap-on and pump dat rump!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  56. dore

How disgusting.. and this clown is allowed to be on the pulpit.. how exactly does anyone say something that stupid "out of context". His assumption that Jews are rich is almost as stupid as he is.. trust me.. we're not all rich, few of us are rich.. and his own daughter is more wealthy that 99.9999999% of all jews. The man is a pig..

January 11, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • sosofresh

what part of his statement do you think was untrue? watch this, "Jews essentially control movie production, banking and the legal profession." Is that offensive to you? You realize that it is true, right? How is that offensive? It is simply a fact.

January 11, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  57. Mr Durden

Let's just call it all racism and do away with the "antisemitism myth" that the jewish people are special and need a whole other term to describe racism against them. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as the rest of us.

January 11, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • dore

You know.. I'm a jew.. and I have to agree with you. We need to get rid of all the adjectives.. African American, Jewish american.. we're all just Americans.. people need to stop using words to divide us. When we came to these shores.. we all became equal.. just americans.. we all live, eat, work , bleed and die the same

January 11, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  58. karyn

Dem crazy jews...dey be ownin everything. Hollywood be a joke these days. I be down with jewboyz but I luv da lezbos!! I be wanting to chomp some box!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  59. Lala

@hecep, and you're too stupid to spell. The jews killed Jesus so who cares (and I'm not even religious).

January 11, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  60. Angle

Katie Perry's "good name"? Hahahah!

January 11, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  61. Akira

If he's so sorry, why did he say such things in the first place?

January 11, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  62. karyn

As soon as I read this I thought of Mel Gibson and his dad. Though, I can only hope and pray Katie is not like her day, as Mel is.

January 11, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  63. NIKKI

Really?! The church is going to try and say his was praying?! That he was really giving compliments?! Those don't sound like compliments to me.

January 11, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  64. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTpAOPJM4gE&w=640&h=390]

January 11, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  65. liz48

The B_ible tells us that a person should not have leadership over a congregation or assembly of believers if their own household is not in order. I don't judge this man's comments but comparing his daughter's choices and lifestyle with the Word of G-od (The B_ible); this man should NOT be a leader of any sort associated with a semblance of following the G-od of the B_ible.

Same goes for TD Jakes and Herman Cain...and many others....

January 11, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  66. scdallas

I don't understand how those comments are hurtful. Many Jews are successful, it says that the Jews are the chosen ones in the Bible, even the Christian Bible. God has blessed them and they flourish. So how is pointing it out racist?

I'm serious in that I don't understand how his comments are rude, and if someone would explain it to me, without insulting me, I'd be grateful.

January 11, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • liz48

I agree...we are often told the scripture that the gentile who believes in Mosciah will win over the Jew when they make the Jew jealous...

In the scriptures, where we believe that Mosciah has already come, the Word says that the Jew is blind for a season till the fullness of the gentiles is achieved...We are often quoted the scriptures from the Torah – the Blessings in Devarim (Deuternonomy) chapter 28 to tell us that we are now included in spiritual Israel through Mosciah...

January 11, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I'm with you NIKKI! It's not like he's going out of his way to lie about the situation. The man is telling the truth and is being badgered for it. What's wrong with "the truth"?

January 11, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • nancy

to NC Dallas: From medieval times especially, the Jewish people, because many of them relegated to jobs as "money changers", because the Gentiles did not allow them in most professions, were negitively stereotyped in literature and literally in society as associated with money. As modern history progressed, many Jews of the diaspora became merchants, independent business men, selling wares, such as rags, fruits,etc., because in most countries they were forbidden by law to be in traditional professions. In modern times, because many Jews have become successful in fields pertaining to financial endeavors, some ignorant inidiviuals persist in the incorrect stereotype that Jews have all the money, etc. This is a stereotype that Hitler promoted, and was one of the direct reasons for the Holocaust in which six million Jews, and many Catholic and Protestant ministers, gay individuals, handicapped, and mentally retarded people were exterminated. It is so sad that in the United State of America, some people still hold hatred and stereotypes of people.

January 22, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • BR

You are assigning one (usually negative) characteristic to an entire group of people, which can't possible hold true. It causes people to prejudge one person of that group before that person's character is known. It is absurd to think that ALL Jewish people are wealthy, as it is to think of a group as ALL sharing a characteristic. Read some of the ignorant comments have made in just this blog

January 26, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Dylan

How dare he! ! !
    Armenians own those shops, not us Jews

We own banks, law firms, entertainment and news media....

January 11, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  68. hecep

Obnviously, Fore was talking about what Perry and Gibson have in common: making anti-semitic remarks. Just as obviously, Chuck is too stupid to have determined that.

January 11, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  69. BobMc

Is there something wrong with the writers keyboard? Every time they type God, it comes out as G-d, they need a new 'o' for their keyboard me thinks.

January 11, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  70. Erik

Who really thinks like this except stupid people?

January 11, 2012 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  71. NOBAMA 2012

Another meaningless apology from someone that no one cares about anyway.

January 11, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  72. Eddie

Please, by a little thick skinned!

January 11, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  73. buffalo

Ahh! Religion...Preach love and happiness. Practice hate and prejudice.

January 11, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  74. &marsha98

I wish I was a juuuu. I wanna be rich. I wouldnt have to go to school and take spelling test anymore.

January 11, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  75. Mark C

I be a fairy and I be a fruit. I love dem gayboyz and I hit dat poop chute! Every time I pound dem in da big ol hole, it makes me wanna smoke their pole!!

January 11, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  76. ISaidIt

Did the man say something wrong? Hollywood IS owned by Jews. He didn't say to attack them or hurt them; he spoke the truth.

January 11, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris Honry

TODAY, if you speak TRUTH: Hey you're being hateful ! (go ahead and say it about American Whites though and you'll be OK)

January 11, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  77. Marcus L

Her dad's a fundamentalist preacher? That explains quite a lot...

January 11, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  78. Bob

"The Church on the Rise told CNN in a statement on Tuesday that Hudson’s words were taken out of context."

There's no context in the world that could cover the words he *allegedly* spoke. “You know how to make the Jew jealous? Have some money, honey” His defenders seem to be full of *bleep*, but at least he's admitting the words he used were wrong. Unfortunately, since he *allegedly* used them, then he believes them and really is anti-Semitic, like most evangelicals preachers. They still blame Jews for the death of Jesus.

January 11, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris Honry

I blame them for the death of thousands of Palestinians and stealing Palestine. No two ways to look at it, they were the minority, declared independence in 1948, took over by force and violence. I have old maps, they all say PALESTINE, NOT ISRAEL. How would you like it if the Mexicans and Native Americans took over L.A. and used the reason "a long time ago it was ours" do you think the Americans would fight to get it back?

January 11, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • guest

this is a reply to Chris: the only maps that show the area as "Palestine" are either British or Jewish. there was no Palestine until the British moved in there and decided to screw up the region. there was no palestinian people, no government, no currency, no palestinian rulers. the land was alternately ruled by other arabic countries. that is why the West Bank was ruled by Jordan before the 1967 war (started by Arab nations). also, when the Jewish people declared independence within the borders set by the British and inviterd the arabic residents to be part of their new country, the Arabs attacked them. and please do some research as to how the residents of the west bank were treated by Jordan while under its control. the Israelis actually liberated them, gave them roads, electricity, running water, schools, hospitals and jobs. they were always offered full citizenship in Israel, also.

January 11, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

@Chris Honry Um, have you ever been to LA? it was taken over by mexicans a LONG time ago. Where the hell have you been?

February 3, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  79. rn0901

This man should be able to say what he wants to without some article being posted on CNN, etc. and then feel compelled to apologize. This country has become so politically correct. I do not know this man, nor do I have the gift of reading his mind, so therefore I truly do not have a clue of what he feels regarding jewish people and neither do the rest of you. On the flip side, people like you and I have the same right to make our opinions known on a blog like this.

January 11, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  80. here we go again

We had a Rabbi come and speak with my pastor last week and he joked about the money himself being Jewish and a very successful business man before he gave his life to Christ. We get offended by everything these days and have to apologize all of the time for every word or joke we say. It was not like this 30 years ago.... I think people will have to start apologizing for sneezing too loud soon...

January 11, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
    • guest

sorry, but there are no Jewish Rabbis! however, there are many self-hating Jews who leave their people and turn on them with the same lies being spewed by non-Jews. If anyone is interested in this, look into Ahmadinejad's heritage. his parents were Iranian Jews who converted to Islam.

January 11, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  81. bribarian

the professional victim strikes again

January 11, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  82. RusTnuts

Katy looks pretty good in that pic. Just get those 2 freaks sandwiching her from either side to get out of the pic and she'd look even better.

January 11, 2012 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  83. Dave

Maybe this will counter all of Katy Perry's pathetic attempts to get "The One that Got Away" to number one (set price down to $0.69, rent-a-rapper remix, get divorced).

January 11, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  84. nadia

this is amazing when people say things about the muslims and their prophet it is ok. And you say one word about jews and you become anti semitic. This just shows how powerful the jews r.

January 11, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

No, it shows how violent and archaic the muslims are. Any religion that says it's ok to beat women, or kill your kids because of "dishonor" is a bunch of BS.

February 3, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  85. peter

Sorry about the spelling – daughter not duaghter! Apologies....

January 11, 2012 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  86. peter

How does a guy that looks like that have a daughter that looks like that? Sure that she is his duaghter? Is Brand related to Manson? Same scary eyes.

January 11, 2012 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  87. Mr

He is a loser. Who cares about him. If he was not kp's father this would not be news. Look at him. He is one ugly sob

January 11, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  88. kat

so when the kid from modern family was going door to door selling wrapping paper and the lady said sorry i don't celebrate christmas, i'm jewish and his response was like you must love a good deal then.....shouldn't that be considered racist or no because it was a joke. I don't think what he said was very hateful, it's more of a conception of a group of people that has been around for a long time.

January 11, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  89. wanda

he can say what he wants... freedom of speech... and why doesn't this article say God? Obviously an idiot.

January 10, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  90. atheist who wants to bang katy perry

Yeah what my name says. She's hot!!

As for her dad, well, I say equal time for all religions – they're all a bunch of idiotic BS. My religion for the next 10 minutes is smashing one out to Katy Perry photos.

January 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  91. librababy

I am so sick and tired of people saying things and then insisting that what they said was taken out of context. Unless he started his sentence with "The following statement is not true..." then nothing was taken out of context. I also fail to see how a racial slur is intended to be a compliment.

January 10, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Chuck

You don't really know anything about either on of them, so.....maybe you should watch your OWN hate speech!

January 10, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  93. TheElleMag

That's Big of Katy Perry's Dad to Apologize, WE love Katy Perry and loved seeing her in Italia A Ibiza Celeb Styled Jeans

January 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  94. foxy lady

Katy Perry's mom s**ked off Jimi Hendrix,what does daddy think about that?

January 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Mike

Never realized that being "extremely religious" meant that you could be an offensive bigot and swipe out at other religions as long as you make a lame ass apology? Katy Perry (supposedly) didn't file for divorce first because of her parents....why??? Their ugliness shines like anti-Jewish beacon they want it to. There's a reason Katy rebelled against their oppressive religious beliefs...she has a brain in her head and a loving heart in her body. To say the things he said shows that he may apologize for the wording, he doesn't apologize for his feelings...Tsk-Tsk!!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  96. &marsha98

Old people eat prunes and wear daipers and s t i n k. They are grumpy and old and smelly.

January 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris honry

You will be one in the blink of an eye ! Unless accident, foul play or disease takes you first of course...

January 11, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Rudy

You must be speaking of your own.

February 1, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  97. &marsha98

Only thing worse than a racist or nazi is an ooooold person. Did you know all the nazis are now old. That proves it. Old people are evil prune eating monsters.

January 10, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  98. jutewood

And now we can see why Katie Perry may have rebelled against religion. There is no good excuse for a Pastor to behave that way.

January 10, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  99. John

As a Jewish man, I'll say, well, he is accurate at least. And enough with the Hitler comparisons. That is NOTHING like Hitler. Its more offensive that these groups are playing the Nazi card. What a load of crap.

January 10, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • dk

I totally agree.

January 11, 2012 at 2:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Pennywhistler

Actually, that is EXACTLY what Hitler, Goebbels and the Nazis said - the Jews are rich BS, the Jews smell different BS and the rest.

Even Pastor Hudson said "“I used images about Jews rooted in the worst anti-Semitism in the past, images that at times led to the persecution and murder of Jews." Or do you know more about his imagery than he does?

Perhaps it is time for you to read about the Nazis, and about the 1500-year-long history of Christian anti-semitism. THEN ... and only then ...let us hear from you.

February 4, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Sokman

I'd drink Katy Perry's bathwater no matter what her dad said.

January 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Midwestmatt

He's only backpedaling because he got caught. Not an anti-Semite? Right.

January 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Beth

Good apology. Sad to see a pastor preaching this type of thing but at least he apologized.

January 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Judah

Thank you Fernace for having the intelligence and knowledge of why the writer wrote G-D as they did.
    JT you show you are mindless and have a dead heart. And it is sad how many people like you exist on Hate and Ignorance.
    Other than that I think you make a fine specimen of a puss bubble.

January 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  104. bob

I feel if he is truly sorry then he should send Katy over to my apt. For one night. Then all shall be forgiven

January 10, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Boston

If all rich people are Jewish, then apparently, Katy is NOT his daughter, because she's rolling in it.

January 10, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  106. fernace

I agree that Keith Hudson shouldn't have bothered to appologize! He knew what he was saying & meant it! I have worked for many Jewish families & the most important subjects, across the board, was celebrating their religion & caring for their kids & families! None were $$ hungry monopolists! Christianity & Judaism go hand in hand, Jesus was a Jew, so it's especially disturbing coming out of a Christians mouth! BTW, many religions (incl.branches of Judaism) feel Gods name is too holy to put in writing, hence G-d!!

January 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  107. JT

Did he say anything that was incorrect?

January 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  108. washingtonpharmgirl

Russell Brand has the crazy eyes.

January 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Obserer

He's a neocon stooge. This should surprise no one.

January 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Bayousara

Jesus was born a Jew, lived as a Jew, and died a Jew. It was not until after his death that the Christian church was formed. There is only one true church that Jesus started, and that is the Catholic Church. King Henry the VIII is the one who went protestant plus others. I am not even a Christian or a Jew nor am I interested in being either, but the history of religion is interesting. Where do Christians get the idea they can trash their founder's background?????

January 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky

Real Christians don't. I know not one Christian who dislikes or disrespects Jews. Not everyone who says they are a Christian is.

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • truefax

Ok lets see f this post gets past the filter....
      "Jesus" didn't start the catholic church, the catholic church was established by a roman emperor to suit his own needs and that's why the church has the same structure as the pagan roman state. This is also why you silly billys celebrate chistmas on Dec. 25, jesus was a jew. He prayed as a jew and taught as a jew and there is NO religion that was established by him directly.

To say that the Christian religion as it exists now is what jesus taught is in it's totality TOTAL bs. To say that christ started any church is frankly slandering a pious jew. Please check your facts before you claim historical accuracy.

January 11, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Reality Check

To piggyback on Truefax: It is also why the Trinity was developed, so that polytheists would readily convert., how convenient.

January 11, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Lala

Truefax (and the other names under which you post), the jews killed Jesus, you moron. Yes, one of their own. Because they disagreed with the fact he rejected jewish law thereby creating a new religion. Maybe you should change your name.

January 11, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Lee65

Yes, Jesus was a Jew. However, Christianity was created in his name; so to say he didn't start Christianity is not really true.

January 11, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey1313

um, all thiests are hypocritical fools, the fact that anyone bends over for any thiest is sad. Secularism is the way of the future, thiesm is the way of our crappy past. Move into the 21st century and leave anacrinastic thoughts behind.

January 11, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

'There is only one true church that Jesus started, and that is the Catholic Church'. I guess you're joking? The Catholic church was no where to be found, when Jesus was alive. Remember, Jesus chased the money changers out of the Temples. He was a Rabbi and there was no churches for a very long time after his death. The language was also Aramaic.

January 13, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  111. Brandon

I can't believe anyone is surprised by this. Katy Perry said that her parents hated Jews and gays in the past. They are very closed minded people according to her. I respect the fact that she doesn't fall into her parents ways and believes what she wants.

January 10, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • gah

i am the same way. my family is also very religious and close-minded and whenever they open their mouths i just cringe! (ironically, my maiden name is perry)

January 10, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Anomic Office Drone

They finally managed to post something less interesting than stories about Katy Perry: a story about Kate Perry's father.

January 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  113. @lol

Too bad you didnt have a house that burned up this summer with you in it!

January 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  114. carrieanne

Shame on "pastor" Perry. Thats quite a bit of backpeddling hes doing there. And good for Katy for having the sense to keep her mouth shut to this!

January 10, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  115. G-d...really?

Why in the world would the word God be censored?

January 10, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

I noticed the same thing. The writer must have issues saying GOD.

January 10, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

That's the way he wrote it, half-wit.

January 10, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

It apparently would surprise an ignoramus such as yourself that certain religious groups (both Christian and Jewish) consider it blastphemous to write out "God".

January 10, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • rach

I was wondering the same thing. As if "God" is a bad word now. Geez.

January 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark C

Sigh. Another half-wit heard from.

January 10, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • mezmama

The word "G_d" is used by Conservative and Orthodox Jews, never the word "God". It is part of their belief system that the name of the One Most Holy never be uttered.

January 10, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • kpkpkp

Mark C. You are rude and ridiculous. Oh, yes and very ignorant. I would explain but I know you wouldn't understand so won't bother.

January 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • goo6er

He didn't write "G-d." He spoke it. So how do you pronounce "G-d"?

(Those of you who don't know shouldn't hesitate to try to impress us all with your worldly knowledge.)

January 10, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • goo6er

Nobody's richer than Katy Perry, so I guess that makes her Jewish. I hope her dad doesn't find out.

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg Williams

It's an article on CNN! U really have to ask?

January 11, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Thomas

In fact I Googled it. According to an authoritative Jewish WEB site I visited, Jews do write and say the word "God" as long as it in not in vain. They are much more particular about writing or uttering any of the actual names their belief has given to God. So either CNN's writer or the pastor were too way too PC by avoiding printing and/or saying the word (not name.. word) "God".

January 11, 2012 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
    • ar

I was wondering the same thing. While reading the article they censored GOD. Oh my goodness how crazy is that.

January 11, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • karyn

Here's a bit of education for all of you. If you ever see G-d spelled like this, it is the way most Jews were raised. To spell out the word is disrespectful, so Jews are taught to put the hyphen in place of the o. Just wanted to clarify this, as it probably confuses a lot of people. But, I only hope and pray this is respected and not bashed by the ignorant people out there.

January 11, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • rs1201

wow...you're really a single digit IQ aren't you...one is not supposed to write out the word G-d out of respect and honoring the Lord. Writing the word out is avoided at all cost by observant Jews and Christians.

January 12, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Judaism does not prohibit writing the name of God, it prohibits defacing the name of God. So observant Jews avoid writing it!

January 13, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
    • nancy

It is not "censored." In Judaism theology, God is so Great, so Awesome, that to acknowledge this fact ,and as an act of repect(to God), God's name cannot literally be " written." It is thus written G-d.Christian thelogians also are aware of this tradition, and the minister was acknowledging it in his statement and respecting this tradtion by writing the traditional G-d in his statement. I think it is a beautiful tradition, which reminds me as a Christian how enormous God is.

January 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  116. momacat

When someone makes a comment like this they shouldn't bother apologizing. They meant what they said...this was no slip of the tongue. This was rather the comment of a rude stupid man.

January 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skegeeace

Agreed. And they wonder why their daughter jumped off the rails.

January 10, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • asda

Id lick his daughters natch

January 10, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • murpis

My thoughts exactly. If he didn't mean it, he would have never said it. Apologies are just damage control and it doesn't work with me.

January 11, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • karyn

How ignorant. Especially when ypur daughter is in the public eye. But, as you said, an apology is not necessary. People say what they mean and mean what they say. The man has no right being a leasder of anyone or anything.

January 11, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey1313

agreed, it may not be in good taste, but we americans have the right to be rude, and the jews have a right (they use a ton) to whine about it not being fair to be a jew, even though in most of america jews have one of the highest standards of liveing.

January 11, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma

"When someone makes a comment like this they shouldn't bother apologizing." Well said.

January 12, 2012 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • rs1201

totally agree and no one should think that his daughter, Kate Perry, is innocent of such comments. She grew up with her father making such comments...I can imagine what he says when he thinks no one is listening other than his family...and she has not exacly disavowed him...she's only distancing herself now because her father's antisemitism has been made public and she must know that her career may suffer greatly because of her father...I pray and hope that it does...we don't need antisemites succeeding in our country.

January 12, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • rzzzll

You are 100% correcct momacat, they DO MEAN WHAT THEY SAY! That's how they truly feel and this non apology is just damage control

January 15, 2012 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  117. lol

Im a fat hog. call me alecia

January 10, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Snarky

Who cares.

January 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollywood Reporter

Who's apologizing for this?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpQlEkxlys&w=640&h=390]

January 10, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • IDU

I don't understand the anti-semitism in his words. Asside from calling all Jewish people rich I don't get it. Interesting how words and phrases were plucked from what he said and cast as anti-semitic. Has anyone read the entire sermon because it seems to me that he was in the middle of prayer and was praising the jewish congregants and saying how they should be proud to be jewish because of the success of their people. If negative assumptions can be made based on these out of context words then so can positive ones. I guess the only thing that matters is that some jewish people took offense and really I guess that's all that should matter. I'd still like to read the entire sermon or prayer before making a judgement and I would encourage anyone taking offense do the same.

January 11, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • billionairefriends.comdate

Yes, it is. You know what. I think BillionaireFriends.COMit's a good pla'ce to me'et sweet friend even rich sin'gles. I am certain I can me;et a ri;ch man there, b'ecause I am at the begin;ning of my car;eer and I would like someone's sup;port.

January 11, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • akmac64

IDU.......it is anti-semitic because generalizations about any group are wrong, and those images were used to generate hatred against Jews in the past. Besides, I'm Jewish and definitely not rich.

January 12, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike B

Really IDU? Stereotyping people on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion is bigotry. He's employing the stereotypes that Jews are greedy.

January 12, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |