Jay-Z performs song on his 'greatest creation,' announces arrival of baby Blue
January 9th, 2012

Jay-Z performs song on his 'greatest creation,' announces arrival of baby Blue

Jay-Z has rapped about making "the song cry," and now it seems like he is aiming to get fans welling up with his latest song, a tribute to his newborn daughter.

The rapper and his wife, singer Beyonce, had a baby girl over the weekend, the couple announced in a statement Monday.

"We are happy to announce the arrival of our beautiful daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, born on Saturday, January 7, 2012," the pair say in a post on Beyonce's website. "Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 pounds and it was the best experience of both of our lives. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support."

Meanwhile, the New York City hospital where the couple welcomed their newborn has issued a statement of its own to denounce reports that Beyonce and Jay-Z received special treatment.

"Lenox Hill Hospital and its staff were delighted to welcome the Carter family for the birth of their firstborn on Saturday evening, but we are troubled by the misinformation being circulated in some news media reports," the executive director of the Lenox Hill Hospital, Frank Danza, said in a statement Monday. "The suggestion that the couple paid $1.3 million to rent an entire maternity floor is simply not true. The family is housed in an executive suite at the hospital and is being billed the standard rate for those accommodations. Our executive suites are available for any patient, including the food service and amenities provided to the Carter family."

There were also rumors that a father was prevented from seeing his premature twin girls by Beyonce and Jay-Z's security team, but Danza denies the reports. While the superstar couple did have their own security, "No security plan that we or the Carters' security team put in place would have prevented or delayed families from gaining access to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and to date, no families have complained to the hospital about being denied access to the NICU."

Danza adds that the hospital has "have made every effort to ensure minimal disruption to other families experiencing the births of their own children over the past three days."

On Monday, Jay-Z focused on baby Blue by releasing a song titled "Glory" on his website "Life + Times," along with a single statement: "Life just got REALLY good."

Jay-Z rhymes on the song, which features B.I.C. - three guesses what those initials stand for - "The most amazing feeling I feel/words can't describe what I'm feeling for real/baby, I paint the sky blue/my greatest creation was you."

On the song, Jay says of his inspiration: "You're a child of destiny/you're the child of my destiny/you're my child with the child from Destiny's Child/that's a hell of a recipe." He adds at another point, "The most beautifulest thing in this world/is daddy's little girl."

The 42-year-old also appears to get surprisingly personal, considering how comparatively private the couple are. "You don't know what swag is yet but you was made in Paris/and mama woke up the next day and shot an album package," Jay-Z says on the track. "Last time the miscarriage was so tragic/we was afraid you disappeared/but nah, baby, you magic."

And at the very end, the sound of a baby's cry. CNN has learned that the track was produced by frequent Jay-Z collaborator Pharrell Williams. If you've heard the song, what did you think?

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Jay-Z • Music

1. Used Cisco

You're in reality a just right webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a excellent job in this subject!

November 24, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. private

Fantastic items from you, man. I've bear in mind your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have bought here, certainly like what you are saying and the way during which you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you. That is actually a terrific website.

June 7, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Cycling Information

I just could not depart your web site prior to suggesting that I actually loved the standard info a person provide in your visitors? Is going to be again ceaselessly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

May 24, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. Name*Denise

What a beautiful baby girl

February 11, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Royal Orient

The given information is very effective.
    I’ll keep updated with it.

Booking India Luxury Trains

January 25, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Yaiyo1962

When I go to work, no one but the IRS tells me what to do with my money. Let them do what they will. Ya'll made them rich, if you don't like what they did with THEIR money, stop supporting....DUH.....

The song reminds me of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she lovely." It is good for the family, but really, who else would buy it?

January 12, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chanman313

B.I.C means Blue Ivy Carter

January 12, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Natte Wells

Blue Ivy...lol....I can just see it in eighteen years(maybe not her, but some poor girl whose parents decide to copycat the name...)..."And now, for your pleasure, the Golden Pole Gentlemen's Club is proud to present on the center stage....Bluuuuuuuuuuu....Iveeeeey.....please give her a round of applause and encouragement for her debut pole dance tonight!!"

January 12, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. playing@work

I dont know how I feel about them renting out the entire hospital for that amount of money. If it prevented other parents from seeing their babies then I think that is the fault of the hospital (hey they did take the money) who should have been better prepared with other options for the other parents. On the other hand I understand that celebrities need their privacy and it would not have been respected any other way. However, why not just pay for the services at a private facility which I am sure exist. I like both Beyonce and Jay Z and are very happy for them. And please beleive they are not the first celebrities to go through such extremities to protect their privacy and they won't be the last.

January 12, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nick

Blue Ivy Carter? (Rollin eyes with a face-palm)....For the love of God. What garbage. Why didnt you just name the poor future Amy Winehouse, something even more cheese-ball, like "Summer Rain"? Poor kid.

January 12, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. SmarterthanU

"But mom...dad, I don't like singing, dancing or speaking in public and really want to be a scientist."

January 11, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joe

what a retarded looking outfit. Who does he think is is MJ???

January 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. adonisprime

Reblogged this on primeslist.

January 11, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. nurse

This is a great song??? your kidding me right? what ever happened to a "ballad"? I'm sure he could have wrote and sang a song to his new daughter much better then this crap...

January 11, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Nate Wells

Crap? Now you have gone an insulted crap...

I don't think the "song" even rises to that level...I was thinking, this is a joke, right?

January 12, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MMoniz

Congratulations to Mommi & Daddy May God Bless Your Family!

January 10, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Raffi

Only a man who has a lil girl understands the voice of Jay in that song.. You can hear a man who now truly understands the word love... As a father of a gorgeous daughter; nothing changes your life when you love something instantaneously more than you love yourself... CONGRATS Jay and Bee....

January 10, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Donna Hardin

I have no problem with people who are wealthy and famous. I have no problem with them needing security. The problem I have(I am a healthcare worker) is when their wants and needs come before anyone else, and when it interferes with other's lives. Making it inconvenient for the other moms and dads was a bit selfish and it is immoral and unethical to give one person special treatment over another! EVERY patient is just as important as the next, and the only priority given should be that which is given to the most critical patient first. Am I unreasonable?

January 10, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Joey

"I got 99 problems but changing a diaper ain't one"

January 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. posty mcposterson

I like chips!

January 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Joel3

*REALITY CHECK*

Ay Jay that is not "your" greatest creation. That is another beautiful creation of GOD. You know, the One True God JEHOVAH. Man your arrogance has never changed and one day you gonna answer for every word that proceeds from your mouth bruh. You are not a "god" or a "god" of rap. There is no other god but ONE. And if you don't put your pride in check and humble yourself, the Holy One will humble you. And it aint gonna be pretty. Real talk...

January 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. c

ummmmmmmmmmmmm–who cares!

January 10, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Teal Ivy

Every time I see that name it makes me scratch as if I have poison ivy. How stupid.

January 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jackie

The Father was up set he could only spend 20 mins with twins as that's the rule. While leaving he saw the celebrity guards and felt it was wrong for rich people to have what he didn't. He thought by going to the press he could get money. Many people believed the lie and as word got out in the hospital. Mothers in the hospital decided they wanted attention and money so they started complaining about Beyonce. Celebrities like Tom/Katie, Angelina/Brad and other wealthy couples never had this problem. No one dare try to get money from Tom Cruse by complaining about the hold floor he blocked off at the hospital and don't even think about an apology.

January 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • nurse

Get your facts straight before you go flapping your gums! Celebrities think their ALL entilted to the moon and the stars when in a hospital, i've taken care of thousands of them in L.A. and also on the east coast, I know what i'm talking about here, and I'm sure these 2 are no different.

January 11, 2012 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  24. tcrob

I love it.

January 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Big Daddy Cool

His wife just gives birth and the first thing he does is go and cut a rap record about it?...and if they were so concerned about security in the hospital why not just have the baby at home?...Idiots.

January 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. schmelvin

Rap is crap!!! What the hell is up with these stupid names "celebrities come up with for their children? Don't they realize the Shinequa and DeMoron have to go through life with thes ridiculous names?

January 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. mia

@mont. CO-SIGN!!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  28. mia

I care less what one name their kid. My concern is what will I name mine.

January 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. @popeye47

Well, it is. So is Grunge, Heavy Metal. But Rap has been around since the Late 1970's. Long Live Rap!!

January 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  30. CS

They certainly made their presence known at the hospital.
    Other people had babies too and they had to go through security to see their babies. Their behavior is just sickening. Why do they need all the security? Do we really care about seeing their baby? Not me!

January 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Ace

I still think the whole pregnancy was a sham. But a parent is a parent. Congrats to the new parents and the little princess

January 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kevin

As celebrity births go this is not even that a big a deal. They are not a huge tabloid couple. I remember when Madonna had her first child like 20 yrs ago that was huge. I wish my child was being born at the same time at the same hospital. Nobody would keep me from seeing my child. Baby will prob have Jay Z's face. Apic of this child will not fetch that much money.

January 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Tracy

How ironic would it be if this child actually had talent ?

January 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  34. MPLS3001

Gosh they are alot of haters on this page. Question, can you rap? can you sing? How much money do you have in your account right now, matter of fact do you even have a account. Haters dont get anywhere in life. Jay Z is the best rapper alive. Congrats on the baby!

January 10, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Deb

Why cant this child not have a name that reflects her PR wh@ egomaniac parents??? So Adele name your chiild "15mil sold and STIILL count countiing....." hahahaha

January 10, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  36. DefyTheGods

While I don't subscribe to celebrity worship on any level, It's clear to me that many of the comments here are from people, who resent the success of others. It's true that I do not own a single Jay Z or Beyonce CD, but music is an art form that is entirely subjective. Whether it's hip hop or classical, it has meaning for someone on some emotional level. As for the birth of Jay-Z & Beyonce's child making headlines, WE(society) MAKE it news. Personally, this recent birth is no more or less important than the birth of anyone else's child. Whether it's Jay-Z & Beyonce or Kim K, there is a large enough market of interested people to merit the printing of these stories. To further simplify: If a sucker is born every minute, and there are 1440 minutes in a day, then that would mean 10,080 suckers by then end of one week(7 days)! That's 40,320 suckers in just one month! Well, those numbers don't begin to touch the surface of how many suckers out of roughly 300 million people "need" to know about the personal lives of their favorite celebrities. Just sayin'. LOL

January 10, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. JayZsUglyOffspring

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

January 10, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  38. amnda

Funny how quick people are to judge, but if you were a worldwide superstar you would use your money to protect your privacy and your baby's...The song is a beautiful tribute that Blue will have with her always. More musicians should pay tribute to their loved ones instead of selling out and singing what is popular.

January 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Zee-J

Terrible...Jay-Z is bad like Ice-T...leftover rapper from the early 90s. How he made it big is crazy...his raps are lame. So they had a baby..everyone else has kids too.

January 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. yeaok

has anyone asked how the surrogate mother is doing?

January 10, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  41. "Y"

I wonder now that Mr. and Mrs. Carter are proud parents, will Mr. Carter STOP calling women..BI**** and WH**** in his music, and will Mrs. Carter put some clothes on and STOP the provactive poll dancing in her videos?

January 10, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  42. Harlem Megan

@mont pretty cool,I like that.

January 10, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  43. mont

You whiteguys and wannabe's are sick, its a shame every idiot in America has a computer and an anonymous email address
    So for all the non hip-hop heads that have the audacity to say Jay-z music is crap. Please leave now. This aint for you. Homeboy has put down some of the illest rymes ever heard, and Bee forget it shes like a movie ok. Now I agree the latest stuff from both is far from the earlier stuff but that's what a couple hudred mil in the bank may do to you so I understand a bit but really to the others, that aint your business you can't understand anyway, your not hip hop and don't know hip hop. Which makes your comments unqualified. Go back to your dull, mundane life and coment on your talentless rock bands or what ever cornball billybob music u listen to. This is hip hop Everyone else in this arena maybe shouldn't be here. So I don't have to even post about the baby cause true heads know what's up. Its a good day,two of our own, now 3 and we progress. Congrats. Now if we could get some of our atheletes to keep it real. I mean ashanti,union, lathann hell even olivia. Amare, kobe and them been sleepin at the wheel,nice dime pieces. Hell if I played for the knicks I know what I would do. Buut that's another topic dif day.
    But back to the retarts: just wanted to remind you grey boys and girls if you aint hip hop stay off our d%€ck, cause it won't stop cause it can't stop so enjoy the ass whippin that hip hop provides, but don't comment. Lol.
    Your unqualified. Lol

January 10, 2012 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Ironballs Magee

After reading your interesting article I have determined that you are not smarter than a fifth grader. Eminem is way better a rapper than Gay-Z and he is WHITE! Everything about her being pregnant is as fake as your education. PS..The Knicks SUCK!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • mike_t

lmao...ghetto cornball :)

January 10, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • wakeupCall

you're a fanatic..they don't call you fans that for nothing, and FYI JayZ sux.

January 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  44. EMMANUEL UWUA

I AM SO EXTREMLY HAPPY TO SEE THE BEST COUPLE HAVE A BABY GIRL

January 10, 2012 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  45. John

Everybody understands that celebrties need security. Lets not forget what happened to princess Diana a few years back. But its obvious that these "people" went above and beyond what is even the norm for A List stars like Brad Pitt and Angelina. They made it seem like she was giving birth to Jesus! Seriously dude? Really? And dont get mad @ us because everybody thinks your kid has a crappy name. Dude, you named your kid Blue! Let me say that again. YOU NAMED YOUR KID BLUE! Yeah we know shell play with other rich kids with names like Apple but sooner or later shes gonna step into the real world and shes gonna cry when kids make fun of her. I mean, why do stars have to go crazy when they get fame & money?

January 10, 2012 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  46. Banana Peel

Me and my wife named our daughter BANANA PEEL. Whats wrong with that? @ Renee, SHUT UP!! Yes we get it, you may be a friend of the Carters and u guys are mad that people think they are crazy. But if you are a regular person then u would know this is crazy. The worst thing is that now every ghetto black girl is gonna name their kid Blue. Lol

January 10, 2012 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  47. Repulican Trash

If rap is not considered music, then what is country music considered? Bunch of deadbeat wanna be musicians, with God awful lyrics.

January 10, 2012 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  48. mrs m

May God bless you all at this WONDERFUL TIME IN LIFE! I know you'll be GREAT parents, teachers and friends to Ivy! What a joy I'm so happy for you all & I wish you NOTHING BUT THE BEST! GOD HAS SMILED ON YOU WITH A HEALTHY HAPPY BEAUTIFUL ANGEL! I can't wait to see how Ms. Tina spoils her lil Princess!

January 10, 2012 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  49. shawn

Get your facts straight. They've been married for 4 years.

January 10, 2012 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  50. shawn

Jay z and Beyonce have been married for a few years Tee.

January 10, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
  51. shawn

If these comment are moderated by cnn before being posted as the website says, then cnn is full of racist pigs. I will be looking into this to do something about it. To think so many people are ignorant enough to think racism no longer exists. You will be hearing from me CNN.

January 10, 2012 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  52. Tee

Another out-of-wedlock piece of garbage.

January 10, 2012 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  53. omandi

Congrats for the baby.I hope they will not sell her to the devil!

January 10, 2012 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
  54. aceblazin

Hip-Hop is dead. Just Bieber Invasion!

January 10, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  55. Lisa James-Kirklin

My goodness, just straight hate. REALLY, in 2012. Anyway luv the super-couple!!!! May the blessings be kept around your family. You are beautiful Be', I know Jay is going crazy right now. Much Love, Lisa.

January 10, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |

Illuminati's
    Very
    Youngest

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

January 10, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  58. max

More garbage from these low lifes... who cares!?! Its amazing how stupid people are to buy this junk.

January 10, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
    • dst

I can guarantee you that you're life is nothing compared to their life.
      It's amazing how stupid you're making yourself look.
      What have you done with your life? Can you inspire millions of people, or anyone for that matter? I highly doubt it, if you're sitting on your computer and posting stupid ass remarks.

January 10, 2012 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  59. jason chase

Wat happened to brooklyn Carter' lol congrats jay' its bout time,I was begginin ta wonder wen was u gon leave ya mark on this earth,you tha Greatest Rapper of all times.......much respect due,

January 10, 2012 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  60. Rae

If it were a white couple there wouldn't be nearly as much hate it is really sad. if baby blue looks like her father she will still be beautiful because she is a f***ing baby seriously people grow up

January 10, 2012 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  61. SANdos

Haters go get a life.they're rich,u aint.they're stars,u aint.get some life slumdogs.

January 10, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  62. S.Osukoya

Congrts to you guys for your new born baby. it always a blessing inthe house of God.guys it is time to raise her to the way of God.so she shall be useful for the glory of God.

January 10, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  63. Will F.

And it's all over now, baby Blue.

January 10, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  64. bluedemon

usually baby girls tend to look like fathers i just hope she doesn't look him him when she grow up.

January 10, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  65. tyler

many blessings to the carter family god bless baby blue congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  66. Liquidcobra

The man is celebrating the birth of his child and you people are mad calling him and his child names? How pathetic can you be? You people are just sad.

January 10, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  67. madhater

Blue Ivy came out slimy, but I guess she can out rhyme me.

January 10, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  68. THE REAL SIMS FAMILY

Congrat 2 The Carter Family May U All Continue 2 Be Blessed N The Good Lord Keep U N Your Family In His Gace......FROM THE REAL SIMS FAMILY

January 10, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  69. madhater

National STFU you stupid Knee Grow Day.

January 10, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • mommazona

madhater – you just outted yourself as a complete and utter moron.

January 10, 2012 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  70. CooCoo DummDumm

Jay – Z is a good man. Beyonce is a good woman. They are good, and make good music. But me ? I AM GREAT ! EVERYBODY THAT WRITES COMMENTS ON THIS STUFF ARE STRAIGHT UP FOOLS – EXCEPT ME ! And I got Beyonce pregnant last year when she was here chillin' in Tennessee with me and my homey Big Stretch at the gas station !

January 9, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  71. IdolaterUSA

Who cares about them and their baby, join the list of a gazillion other people who just had babies, why do these people think they are special? Oh, that's right, because this degenerate society we call "Americana" worships losers; like the good corporate slave it was trained to be.

January 9, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ray ray

I wonder who will be the first to take a verbal diss towards little blue ivy? Rappers , ready, set , diss.....

January 9, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  73. torongo

i'm sure she will be a gorgeous baby but that name is ridiculous........sort like Apple and Soleil Moon Frye and Seagull and other idiotic names celebrities choose to give their kids. Poor kids.

January 9, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Kay

I'm happy for them, but babies are born every damn day. What makes their baby so special???

January 9, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mommazona

It's because they are "celebrities". I'm not a fan but wish the happy family well, just as I would any other family having a baby.

January 10, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  75. Shane

Wow alot of people who don't have daughters chiming in on these juvenile superficial responses. Congratulations to Jay-Z for making it through the trials and tribulations of conception and birth. As a fellow new father, I know there is nothing like Daddy's little girl. Maybe our kids will perform together when they grow up !

A Father

January 9, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Yo

Blue Waffle Carter

January 9, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Saturn7

does anyone really expect an intelligent person to take this manufactured turd seriously?

January 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  78. JohnRalph

Now that she's had the baby does this mean her phat black hillbilly butt is available for slamming again?

January 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. focus

Congratz 2 JZ & Beyonce' on their babygirl! When i 1st heard the name, Blue i didnt like it @ all. I think it has 2 grow on me (I hope!) The main thing is that she's healthy & has loving parents. God bless the whole fam;)

January 9, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  80. whirlwindshadow

I I hope for the kids sake that she doesn't end up looking like her daddy.

January 9, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Truly Blessed

Peace and blessings to you all.

January 9, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. TheScampiCat

Is beautiful song, celebrate beautiful baby. Black men not always so willing to share credit and joy for new life. Blessing to new family.

January 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. TheRedSnapper

Let's hope the baby doesn't have Jay-Z's good looks! Wink....wink....

January 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  84. puddin head

congrats to jayz and his no talent wife. The cutiest baby with a terrible name.

January 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  85. momma

Worst song i have ever heard with the most love :)

January 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Tracy

Not a fan of neither, but very touched by the love Jay-Z has shown. Keep God in Everything you all choose to do. And by the way, we are all laughing at these broke trailer park bloggers. I think Jay-Z should do like Mitt Romney, buy the trailer parks and close them down.

January 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Bri'jet

CongRATS B and J on the safe delivery of B.I.C.! Another STAR born! ~GOD BLESS~

January 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  88. sparky

Who fvcking cares

January 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  89. xlady418

After reading some of these responses to this story, I still wonder why some of these children were born at all. May GOD bless Blue Ivy Carter! Love the song!

January 9, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  90. MariaSanta

While I'm happy for them....they are NOT the first couple to have a child and feel the special joy and wonderment we all have.

January 9, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  91. inCo

Congrats to them. I love Beyonce, I've been a fan of her's since I was ten and she was beginning her music career in the original Destiny's Child. I'm twenty-one now and my taste in music is different and fairly removed from her form of pop music, still love her though. She's just a good-hearted person, and you can see how much she and Jay-Z love each other. I hope that family has many good tidings in the future. That said, kind of a strange name for the little bundle of joy. It sounds like a kind of common plant – like blue fern. But to each their own I guess, and Ivy is really pretty. I suppose, if the girl doesn't like her first name she could always take up the second name in its stead. I've known a couple of people who've chosen to go by their middle name in lieu of their given name. Or perhaps the child will like the distinctive name, so it may all work out rather well. Blessings to the newly arrived child.

January 9, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  92. carm

media hoars, all of them.

January 9, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  93. janice kroner

Omg she is so beautiful and he is so ugg...hope the baby looks okay

January 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Nancy

MARKY........once a woman has a C-section she will never never never have a flat stomach..........BEEITCHSAY's days as a Diva are over.............she is dun..........as in over...a has been.........and the quicker the American public forgets her – the better.........she has fat thighs and is not "all that". There are SO many women who sing better than she does.

January 9, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Nancy

January 9, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Rockamom

He should be with his wife At home or the hospital instead of in the studio. Whatever!

January 9, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lori

Of course Lenox Hill Hospital had to to some PR. Not everyone is lying, I do believe that Beyonce and Jay-Z received special treatment. Of course Mr. Danza is going to say the man who had twin girls in the NICU was able to see his children. I believe this man had a hard time getting to his babies. Lenox Hill Hospital and Mr. Danza put everyone going to the hospital for services were jepordized by these occurances. I am sure Mr. Danza was notified of Beyonce's arrival and she and Jay-Z did get special treatment.

January 9, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Nancy

Natural birth my ass......it was a scheduled C-Section........so much for her Diva figure......HAHAHAHAHAHA........she's dun

January 9, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • marky

Which is it? She had the baby or she didn't? She had a C-section or she didn't? HAHAHAHAHAHA.........you're dun (whatever that means).

January 9, 2012 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Harry Beaver

Jay Z's ho has enough money to buy herself a flat stomach.

January 9, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Pinol

If the baby is as ugly as he, then there is nothing for him to rap about.

January 9, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mrs Wright

I've listened to the song several times today and it made me get choked up and weep each time!! It is very beautiful and you could hear the love in it!

January 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hillbilly Henry

I am afraid Jay-Z is not the daddy..according to Maury Povich..Justin Beiber is the daddy...

January 10, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  101. Dan Wood

How about he raps about taking over a whole wing of the hospital and his security not letting other people see their kdis in the NICU. He's a piece of trash and his ridiculous name for his child proves it!! NAGGERS!!

January 9, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  102. blackbeauty

God blessed u with a angel never let no one take your joy! people r some time so hater i thought that stuff only happen in the early fifty. good luck on being good parent's. keep the faith always. love, you guy's

January 9, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Vince Caston

Methinks the hospital protests too much. There is also a doctor on record that was not prevented by "security" from seeing his patients on the floor. Obviously, the hospital had no control over the hired thugs. No doubt more complaints will come out now that the hospital invited them!

January 9, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jiggity

I noticed he didn't rap about how he deprived everyday parents to see their newborns. That's magical too isn't it? Take away from others what you are now experiencing?

January 9, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • marky

Can't read the article before you post? Hmm, kinda weird... no complaints to the hospital, and no normal people saying they have been inconvenienced. Just people wanting to get attention and telling lies to do it.

January 9, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natalie

Marky, why do you choose to believe the hospital and not the many others who have compained. Do you really think they are going to come out and say " Yes, we did let them take over the hospital and deprived other parents of the services and care that they are paying for, too."

Give me a break.

January 9, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Celebrity Privilege

I know the Coulons, and they couldn't visit one of their newborn twins as a result of Beyonce & Jay-Z's overzealous staff. They were told by guards "the floor is on lockdown." Just get the facts – see the New York Times coverage: "Security Irks Hospital’s Other Patients"

January 10, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  105. An'Nette

Really! Callin sumbody's baby a monkey? I don't know which 1 of these FOOLS need d bottle..Baby Blue Ivy r u ppls dat's actin like cry babies "haters"

January 9, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  106. retta

Congratulations to you Mr. & Mrs. Carter on the birth of your beloved daughter! May you continue to enjoy this and all of your blessings.

January 9, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Sam Houston

It's only the beginning. What they do with their lovely daughter for the next twenty years or so is what really will make the difference. Proverbs 22:6, Proverbs 29:21

January 9, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  108. bob

I believe blue ivy in shawheely means we need more ni-hi

January 9, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Frank

I like Jay-Z and his music since reasonable doubt album in '96. But why is this article news? I'm sorry who gives a ...?

January 9, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Jesus Is Lord

ALL life is created by God – not man. We are made in His image and were created to worship Him.

Jesus is the answer. He is the ONLY way to the Father in Heaven. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, repent, obey and be saved!

January 9, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Juliane

So...if she's his "greatest creation," what is his SON??

January 9, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

He doesn't have a son. The child rumored to be his, is actually the child of another (married) music executive. The child looks EXACTLY like his actual father and the father"s youngest son. It is a sticky situation because the son is obviously the result of an extramarital affair so JayZ chooses to simply let rumors persist out of respect to the music executive's wife. TRUST me, I know...

January 10, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  112. Fanzine

A child is a gift from God. May God continue to bless them.

January 9, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  113. useyerbeano

Congrats to Jay-Z and Beyonce. It's great to hear someone so successful be so honest about what he really feels is important. Shame on CNN for allowing quite a few racist postings here.

January 9, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Rose

Yeah well, this kid is no more special than all the other babies born when this one was and families were banned from that area. Pretty disgusting when they demanded privacy and fathers couldn't see their newborns. How sad for the families to have thier baby experience marred by special treatment of anyone. I would sue the hospital.

January 9, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

Rose-Actually that information isn't accurate. Just read an article that explains in detail that some people were attempting to enter a restricted area to gawk and take pictures of Blue. One pregnant woman (nine months) said "I wanted to see, but they wouldn't let get close enough but she is beautiful. I knew there had to be more to the story than first reported. Also, Mr. Coulon and his wife are artists/musicians (google their names, Rozz & Neil Nash Coulon) which explains him saying that he just wants an apology. He actually wants an introduction and access to JayZ and/or Beyonce.

January 9, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natalie

Renee, it's kind of obvious that the hospital is on the defense, since the truth came out. They are trying to defend there name, because they make more money from the everyday patient than they do from the "celebrities".

January 9, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Renee

Natalie-This did not come from the hospital, and in fact it was not trying to be favorable to the hospital. I simply read the woman's own words. She was MORE than happy to be interviewed for the story. It was ludicrous because she was NOT in labor (due on the 19th) but hanging out with her 2 kids (her words), trying to see (her words).

January 10, 2012 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  115. OLGA ♥

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL PRECIOUS BLUE IVY !!! DON'T PAY NO MIND TO ALL THE HATERS POSTING CRAP.GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

January 9, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  116. FAITH

Congrats to the couple,Blue Ivy is a beautiful name and she is a gift from God *another Blessing May God continue to Bless the Carter family! a fan of Beyonce And Jay Z forever FDC

January 9, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Starnois

Jay Z is a hack. He has had maybe one good song in his entire career. The rest of his music is terrible.

January 9, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Rockey

Let them make it God has given them one of the greatest gift He has LIFE. They must be doing something right!

January 9, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  119. fernace

Huge congrats to Bey & Jay on the birth of baby Blue! Having a child is 1 of humanitys greatest joys, whether your a C-leb or a "C-vilian"! Meanspirited comments diminish the commenter, not what's being commented about! All babies are cute & precious! I remember people calling the Carey/Cannon babies rats! Have y'all seen how beautiful "dembabies" are?! Jay-Z's ode to his newborn daughter reminds me of Stevie Wonders "Isn't She Lovely"! Not that they sound the same, just the sweetness of a musical daddy paying homage to his first born! All you haters, choke on it!!

January 9, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  120. mogwai

another cr@p song that sounds like all the rest.

January 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Parrish

I love the song! This guy is really a blessing for the hip-hop nation! God bless Shawn Carter, Beyonce, Blue Sky, & their family!!! Keep on keepin on my man! One luv bro.

January 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  122. yessah

I really cant believe some oe u jealous people the men r mad cuz they could never have B the women r mad cuz theyll never look like her well get over it people they had a baby they will live there lives however they want regardless of ur jealousy

January 9, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  123. bob

I believe ivy blue translated in ebonics means you have the right to remain silent

January 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  124. ola

I'm so happy 4 them. Thank God.

January 9, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  125. monell

A GREAT SONG for Beautiful Baby BLUE!!!! I know ur GORGEOUS GIRL & SUPER SWEET 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 9, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  126. ronale

May God bless your entire family Mr. Carter. I too have a daughter and she means the world to me. Wish I could see her again.

January 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  127. GBME

It will never be well with all of you that are not wishing the chosen ones well....Die in the gossip world...see Hypocrite ,Oh Joblessness what have you done to these people....see them beefing who God has blessed. IDIOTS. Love across the world JAY. We Love u, Nigeria Hail.

January 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Superhiro

Congrats to Jay-Z and Beyonce

January 9, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Tazmania

A baby is a blessing! Stop hating SO much and just be happy 4 them.

January 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  130. albrac

Who cares what they had? Can you imagine the nose that child is gonna have????

January 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  131. juan escobar

Beatnuts son! Beatnuts

January 9, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  132. davinia

I am happy for them. They've made their mark in world with their God gift of talent. Now, they share their personal talent of love, and no one can destroy that!

January 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • albrac

God gift of talent???? Do not blame God for that noise you call talent.

January 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  133. asia

Beyonce what the hell was u thinkin when u named that monkey of a child blue ivy really.com u need come back to reality booo and quick

January 9, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

You need to go back to school and learn how to correctly form sentences.

January 9, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I am so happy for them! They are a beautiful couple and will be wonderful parents. God bless them. And to everyone who doesn't like Jay-Z or Beyonce and wants to sit on here and make stupid comments, you should all find something else better to do. It really is a waste of your time.

January 9, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red

Wow Asia!
      What did that baby do to you for you to call her a "monkey". That's not even my child and I'm insulted. What did the parents do to any of you all on this site bashing them? Okay, they are both in the music business and they are making money.. Not everyone likes them, but the majority does from the size of the bank account. Be happy that someone is actually happy for receiving the joy of a new life into their family... How about just have respect for others and not be negative.

January 10, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Seamus

Lisa,

"You need to go back to school and learn how to correctly form sentences."

Correct sentence structure does not include split infinitives. The proper structure for your reply is "...and learn how to form sentences correctly." Your wording "to correctly form" is incorrect in itself. The adverb "correctly" cannot be placed between the words of the basic infinitive, "to form."

:P

January 10, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  134. LEE

That baby was born two days ago and he already has a song on the air with her first cry included?......right.

January 9, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • FB

Technology is a beautiful thing. You know, cellphones and video cameras. Did you know you can take a picture and post it on Facebook in less than five seconds? *sarcasm* I'm pretty sure its not that hard for Jay-Z to have included something as simple as HIS OWN NEWBORN CRYING in a song! Idiot

January 9, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Biijii

FB you are a freaking genius! Could not have worded it better LOL!

January 9, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Keyks

I love the song, it's very sweet. It shows a side of J we've never seen before. In regards to the baby not coming out of Beyonce @Congrads. You're an idiot. There is no way she faked this pregnancy did you see the bikini pics? Not the one in the white bikini, but in the blue? There is no way that was fake. Get over it and wish happy people well.

January 9, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • say-no

CONGRATS, CONGRATS...YOU ARE BLESSED TO HAVE A BABY GIRL. BIRTH IS A BEAUTIFUL AND I HOPE THAT YOU HAVE A BLESSED LIFE AND ENJOY YOUR DAUGHTER AS MUCH AS YOU ENJOYED MAKING HER AND WATCHING HER GROW IN MOMMY. TO ALL THE HATERS ABOUT THE MAN'S MUSIC AND LOOKS, THAT IS SO IGNORANT, GROW UP AND GIVE PROPS WHERE THEY'RE DUE. PRAY FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE MAKING IT AND MAYBE GOD WILL BLESS YOU WITH YOUR TALENT. LET'S STOP BEING UGLY AND ACTING STUPID. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS MUSIC THEN SO BE IT. YOU MAKE YOURSELF SOUND SO IGNORANT WHEN YOU'RE ON-LINE HATING. GET A GRIP ON YOUR FEELINGS. GIVE OUT SOME BLESSINGS AND SEE WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN FOR YOU...YOU HEARD!!!!

January 9, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • LILBLUEBALLS

The pregnancy was as fake as my wife's orgasms....derp derp derp

January 10, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  136. bob

Jayz boyee your a joff. Dopey looking no talent rapper, rap has been over for yrs. Start practing burger flipping ahhhhight boyeeee

January 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nuh

Bob-
      That "no talent rapper" has been making hit after hit since 1995. He's accomplished more than you can ever imagine, and look at where/what he came from. I say congrats to him and Beyonce for the blessing of a special little girl, who I'm sure will be more successful than you, Bob.

January 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Afterdark1

Bob- why you mad? It's not Jay's fault you can't pay your rent and cable bill in the same month. Catch up clown!

January 10, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve

Poor dumb bob. Your jealous insecurity is showing. Inadequate down there? That will do it every time....idiot.

January 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*Denise

Obviously there a lot of jealous people out there of JZ who is talented/ made it from poverty/ helps others/ Beyonce who is talented and Blue Ivy is one of the most beautiful baby girls I've seen in a long time. I havenothing to gain from this I'm a grand mother and love art and music. You are never to old to be nice and nasty words will get you no where. It's sad to see peoplebeing so negative. I don't have time for them.

February 11, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  137. Gentle Ben

I don't who is more uglier..GayZ or Ron Paul's daughter, RuPaul.....

January 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuh

I'll give it to ya, Jay-Z is an ugly lookin cat. But anyone who says Beyonce is not amazingly gorgeous, needs to have their head examined. With any luck, baby Blue will come out looking mama and not Hova, lol!

January 9, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Affterdark1

More uglier? Go slap your English teacher now–clown!

January 10, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  138. Dothead Ragneesh

Blue slushie called berry flovored. We also have cherry and lime. Lime slushie numba one seller. Go good with either curry beef or curry chicken.

January 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Your parents failed. Maybe they tried as best they could but the problem is with you. Either way, you make them, and you, look bad.

January 12, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  139. Dothead Ragneesh

Lay-Z berry berry popurar here in India. He make the good american rap musik. Me rike america. You rike some curry chicken with your slushie?

January 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Elsie S

Love the song.

January 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Orange Ivy

You just a fan of the illuminati, thats the worst music I ve ever heard. The beat sucks and the lyrics is stupid. Just hope the baby does not have his big lips. By the way all his music are garbage.

January 9, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Orange Ivy

Sorry JZ can't flow! Beyonce can't sing. I guess the media can throw you up or own. I like beyonce's body, nonetheless I would need to see her without those weaves before claiming she's pretty.

January 9, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grizzly Adams

RAP IS CRAP! RON PAUL/RuPAUL 2012!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • lil mike

umm orange ivy have u not seen beyonce halo music vid? because thts her really hair or her new video love on top and party once again she's showing her real hair lol

January 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  141. congrad's

Yaaaaaaaaa portalpunk ! I want to know who had the baby, wasn't B. Cant say about his song, his music stinks and I dont lisin to that junk.

January 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pearl

If you dont listen to his music then how do you know it stinks.....stop hating and move on

January 9, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • DAT

Pearl, "rap music" is an oxymoron.

January 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • popeye47

Rap should not even be considered Music.

January 9, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

I would have been happy for thmin their wonderful fairy tale life

January 10, 2012 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Kathy

I may have been happy for them BUT when I heard they spent 1.3 million dollars to rent a hospital floor I do not like them any more! Move over everybody, The king and queen are here. All you peasants get out the way. We are having our little princess. huff huff fuss fuss... here is a million dollas we can afford it.
      When there are people out there who cant even afford a bed with a curtain around it! ARROGANT ! I hope Ivy grows up to have his face, fatwith big teeth and sing,"If i were a Boy!" her music is annoying and agitating. All you who bbuy their music laaying in that bed with a curtain around it remember YOU put them where they are. AND this is how they gonna act!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • letsgomets2012

The song is simply awful and so is the name.

THis is as bad as Tiny Tim and his wife naming their kid Tulip (you old school peeps will know what I'm talking about)

January 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name*Denise

JZ music tell stories....you must have a closed mind to not be open to ART....

February 11, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  142. red

they should have named her ivy blue. that sounds better

January 9, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |