January 9th, 2012

Fans speculate meaning behind Beyonce name 'Blue Ivy'

From the moment she announced her pregnancy last August to the often-reported though not yet confirmed by her camp delivery on Saturday, Beyonce and Jay-Z's baby has been winning the Internet.

And on Sunday, the day following Beyonce's reported delivery of a baby girl named Blue Ivy Carter in New York, the rumored name sparked plenty of online conversation as fans tried to dissect the meaning.

(Some reports suggested that the name was "Ivy Blue," but a tweet from Beyonce's pal Gwyneth Paltrow appeared to clear up the confusion: "It's Blue Ivy Carter!" the actress wrote to a curious Twitter follower.)

While Beyonce and Jay-Z have stayed mum about whether or not there is a baby let alone baby names, fans bandied about a popular theory that "Ivy" is indicative of the Roman numeral four - as in, "IV-y."

(Beyonce has said that "four" is an important number in her life; it pops up as the title of her latest album, and is in her birth date and the date of her wedding.)

As for "Blue," Us Weekly points out that Jay-Z has rapped about the shade being a favorite color, and fans have raised the correlation between "Blue" and Jay-Z's "Blueprint" albums.

Still others saw a more nefarious connotation, tweeting the belief that "Ivy" stands for "Illuminati's Very Youngest," which is based in the gossip that Jay-Z is involved in the occult.

(It was a Sunday, guys - apparently people had time on their hands.)

Regardless, both Beyonce and Jay-Z have maintained radio silence . However, their celebrity friends haven't been as quiet.

Rihanna tweeted Sunday, "Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih." P. Diddy chimed in, "Congrats to jay and B! God Bless :) ! And many more!"

Gwyneth Paltrow added, "Welcome to the world Blue! We love you already," while Beyonce's sister Solange simply tweeted, "The most beautiful girl in the world."

Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Jay-Z

1. Compare Names

I have fun with, lead to I found exactly what I used to be having a look for. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

June 3, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Geology Blog

I feel that is among the such a lot important info for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. But want to remark on some common issues, The web site taste is ideal, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Good task, cheers

April 6, 2012 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. whatisaliewodeceived

Obviously none are even remotely informed on the occult, magick, or other things on this site. I've just compiled a piece over this subject. More than people would belive, but let me guarantee, that "blue ivy" is not some silly "eulb yvi in Latin" crap. That is far to easily lfound" and thus even easier to debunk and "assure people there is nothing to it. (although backwards speaking and writing is part or witchcraft). But, blue ivy does have EXACT ties to magick/wicca/celtic rites.

Some are informed, the rest are naive.

Blue magick is also a real magick ritual to conjure wealth by worshipping it. Hmm...Jay-z has a song called "Blue Magic" and a section of his lyrics do reference the actual practice of the ritual as well as referencing white/black magick (right/southpaw = right-hand path, white/left-hand path – black).

Never amazes me to see how uninformed people are and what they will believe if a "majority" or some website says it to be true. This is just the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

February 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Antepjoelle

sell coach tote online , just clicks away

February 6, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Erin

Two words: self absorbed.
    "Hey, why give the baby a normal name when we can just name it after my record and your favorite number?!!!!"
    I wouldn't think the name was nearly as stupid if I didn't hear the whacked-out reasons behind it.

January 19, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  6. MS

The real meaning of BLUE IVY...Blue is expressed when we are sad. Beyonce was sad that she was not carrying the baby. IVY is misspelled for ENVY. Because she envied the surrogated woman that brought the baby into this world. She should name the child right BLUE ENVY.

January 13, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • tamika wills

people have been telling me the name has too do something with the devil in stuff . so what does it really mean because what i just read said its about the number 4 or something ? email me the truth ( tamikawills56@yahoo.com )

April 30, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kevin

Maybe it means that the ivy growing on their house will wrap around the baby's neck, choking her until she turns blue.

January 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SG

Congrats to Beyonce and Jay. Seriously, people, they had a baby. Be happy for them. What did they do to you to make you so cranky?

January 11, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dian

Funny how a simple name can garner such racial discourse. The same people who jump to say race is no longer an issue are often the first people who make such disparaging remarks. Did Gwyneth get called trailer trash for naming her daughter Apple? This name is not "ghetto" or "ethnically identifiable" by a long shot. Give me a break people. Names are supposed to be meaningful and babies are blessings. The name means something to the parents and is unique without being obnoxious. Not everyone wants to name their child Anne or Mary.

Congrats to the Carter family! :)

January 11, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jane

Well, Have you heard SeniorsSingleDating.(om? It's the best and most effective senior dating site for senior singles over 50! Many of our members are well-educated, successful, and fresh in mind. I think you will like it.

January 10, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BornInBlood

They named it that cause the initials B.I.C stand for black ignorant child. That was an easy one.

January 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Disgusted W/ Hate!

I't so sad that people use something like a baby name as their opportunity to vent the hate that's been brewing in their hearts all along. So what if you think that black people give their kids weird names, white people give their kids last names as first names like Parker, Hunter, McKenzie,and name them after cities and states like Dallas, Montana,Dakota etc. Who cares??? Is that any reason to cause a race battle on this blog? Love yourselves, and the rest is easy! This country is in trouble, lets come together and enjoy the time we have here on earth as free, citizens of what may not be the World's Super Power for much longer! BRIC nations are laughing at us, as we continue to tear each other down while they continue to rise above us! When does it end? Especially you DERP!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

"Especially you DERP!!!!"

Hey, thanks for the shout out!!!!

You are right dum bass white people who give thier kids stupid names need to be called on it too.

However, names Parker, Hunter, Dallas, and Dakota are actual names, and have been for decades. They are kind of stupid, but they real words.

Jacquizz is not a real name or a real word. It is just a bunch of stupid afro centric crap tossed together. I have no problem with black people wanting to give their children names based on their african heritage. Give your kid A REAL AFRICAN NAME!!!!

Tell me, how many kids do you think are named Jacquizz, La'Quisha or Ty'Reque. in Zimbabwe?

Look at our President. he has a decent honorable AFRICAN name.

Bill Cosby is right.

January 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Harlem Megan

I have no jealousy or animosity toward you but you claim to be private people,a song come on you couldn't wait to exploit that child.Like many have said babies are born everyday no one cares,why don't you take the proceeds of that song and renovate some houses of some poor working people.After that for the last time retire for good be in a minority of young parents who can really be there for their kids 24/7 without nanny,granny or aunty.That sounds so awesome to me,but I know you entertainers and your 'Big Egos'.

January 10, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  13. T

So it's a little ridiculous but parents have the right to name their kid anyway they want, even if it sounds so idiotic to others.
    I've read some dumb names that are far worse from celebrities for their kids like Pilot Inspektor, Apple, Moon Unit Zappa, Lavoris, Moxie Crimefighter, Audio Science, Diva Muffin, Ocean... and so on.
    It's too bad the child can't do anything about the teasing and jokes when they're growing up but the thing is, the kid will be able to change the name when they turn 18, at least they can be able to do that.

January 10, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. Feast of Beast

By Jay-Z

Well I’m a hip-hop Daddy, jus call me Jay-Z
    Got my woman an my baby, an that’s makes three
    Baby “Blue” is such a treasure, she sure oughtta be,
    Cuz this room and all the service cost me 1.3

uh-huh, yeah,
    (Don’t tell nobody)
    1.3
    It’s just a number, right?
    1.3
    I got some more, I think

Well my posse’s in the hallway makin’ sure we ain’t disturbed
    But I hear some angry papa yellin’, damn he sounds perturbed.
    He can’t get to his family cuz’ my man is sayin’ no,
    too bad, cuz Me and Momma “B” are payin’ for this show.

It’s only 1.3
    That’s what I tell myself
    1.3
    Small price to pay, right?
    Damn the bytch is picky
    Hope one kid is enough

Well, it may seem a like a lot for “B” just to relax
    But 1.3 ain’t nothin, I’m givin’ you the facts
    Maybe it’s enough for them to fix the baby wing,
    But it still was just a fraction of her f**in’ wedding ring!

What have I done? Huh?
    I must be crazy
    What lawsuit?
    1.3

(Better be a Gawd-damned receipt!)

January 10, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Samy

well you stink and your music too okkk :p

oh and you are the worst person ever.! ha ha ha

January 10, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. Me

Dumb name for a dumb kid with dumb parents.

January 10, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. Samy

Well I think Blue Ivy is the worst name that Beyonce and Jay-Z would ever put on a baby girl.

And for all of you guys information the name Blue Ivy means Daughter of Lucifer.!!!!!!!!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. lol@dumbname

I would have named her Mercedes "Lexus" Benz Carter of the Beamer family.

January 10, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  18. c

she had a baby, so have millions of others...this is not really important news.

January 10, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  19. ladson

nice name, nice family, i wish i was part of that family

stop hatred it does not help. peace

January 10, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  20. Carly

She was named after a cheap lighter: BIC. Either that or the daughter of the fictional character Scarlett O'Hara: Bonnie Blue Butler.

Actually, the name could have been much, much worse - so I think the kid lucked out. And, since she has more money than God already at birth ... she doesn't really need much luck anyway.

January 10, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. Jack

This is a typical name for a black baby. I thought the rules for naming black baby's required the parents to pull a handful of lettered tiles from a scrabble bag. If the pull the blank tiles, that's where thing get really interesting.

Haven't you ever wondered how they get names like Jamal, Shaniqua, Jalen or Aaliyah?

January 10, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Actually, Jamal, Jalen, and Aaliya are traditional names. Where they really screw up is when the take a bunch of names and jam them together and then add a Ta, Da, or La.

La'Fawnda

For example, why can't you just name you kid Sean, Marcus or Mario? Why do you have to add stupid prefixes to "africanize" names that aren't even African?

Look, Ta'Sean, Da'Mario and La'Marcus are NOT african names. They are stupid made up non ethnic names. If you want to name you kid something "afro centric" get a book of Nigerian baby names and name your kid something like Dekembe. Taking a traditionally cucasian baby name name and adding Duh to it, does make an "African" name. It just makes you and your kid look stupid.

January 10, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  22. marineace

It means you're going to get teased and pushed into the locker in junior high school. Cute couple and congrats on their new baby girl but the name is a little "out there"....

January 10, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. LKFB

Pray for this child and her mother there's no hope for Hova,he's in to deep.

January 10, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |

I- illuminati's
    V-very
    Y-youngest
    think about it...

January 10, 2012 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Dian

Did you make this up or did you read this in your Illuminati handbook?

...I'll wait...

January 11, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Patricia Smith

Now that is the first really funny comment I have read...so the hell what if they named the kid Blue Ivy. I have heard worse...but you are funny.

January 10, 2012 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  27. Donald Craig

I wish I was that baby.

January 10, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  28. getaclue

Many of you are the most ignorant specimans on the planet! This couple makes billions of dollars make a ploy to get more money off their newborn? Are you serious? Did you seriously say that with a straight face? Then you insult a child whom you never saw, her father, and say the absolute most ignorant things! Apparently most of you have no jobs, or no life because you are wasting valuable air on nonsense! You believe anything posted on web, just mindless wastes of matter! Beyonce had her baby natural not by c section, and they did not rent the 4th floor out! Everyone does not bear scars from a c section and beyonce probably will be one of the fortunate ones who doesn't scar! Get a clue and a hobby! Go read a book minus the pictures! They are human let them enjoy the beautiful gift of life they both produced. They have a right to name their child whatever they want. This baby girl will have and see more than most of you see in ten years time in ten min. Quit being evil! Your names should be green because you're jealous!

January 10, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
    • amanda

this conversation is sticky but i will have to comment to a fact... i have had a c-section...hint the word csection means to b cut open fool and its not a csection if the person isnt cut open; i work as an ob...all csections require cutting which will always leave a scar!!!!

November 29, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  29. Musorowegomo

After reading all your comments iv come up with conclusions which are 1. Most of u are poor white people hence the hating 2. Most of you have very low esteem hence dissing successful NIQQAZ (not a derogatory term by the way by the new way blacks get back at u). 3. At this rate u gonna die poor and bitter coz ur not doing the Serenity Prayer which helps u accept things u cannot change and love evry other human being no matter what color
    by the way im a Swede livin in Germany and all for love for all.

January 10, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

I am very interested in what you have to say. Could you please translate that to English so that we can read it?

January 10, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  30. K

lol

January 10, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  31. Daniel

Pretty selfish the way they came up with the name.

January 10, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  32. notsurprised

Her name is Beyoncé. What did you expect?

January 10, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  33. Irene Sawyers

You b***hes can pronounce names of NBA and NFL players when your d*mn job depends on it,no problem,it's always been about control with white people in this country.I hate my name it was my great grandmothers' some white b*st*rd here father worked for named her.I hate you walking contradictions.

January 9, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

You do realize that it is legal to change your name. You can ditch the whit ey name and choose something more apropos like Te'quandisharia Mutumbo.

January 10, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  34. Heisenberg

Geez people are treating this Jayz and beyonce like they are the king and queen. It's ridiculous.

January 9, 2012 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. How long...

How long before Beyonce launches a line of baby clothing called Blue Ivy? Gotta start branding the kid early!

January 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jen

my god, what an awfully written article! first off, they haven't been "winning the internet" - all the talk i've seen/read is about beyonce and her fake pregnancy! 2ndly, "blue" is not a shade...it's a color.

Lastly, i think it's awful that they continue to lie and deceive trying to convince people she gave birth and was pregnant - does no one remember beyonce's deflating stomach on live TV - and wow, what a shock - she came in 'a month early' and had a C-section - yeah right!!!

why does the media insist on perpetuating the lies of famous people - first sarah palin fakes it and now beyonce - NO respect for these people!

January 9, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. fernace

Out of almost 200 posts, only a handful are positive! I did Not realize there were that many hateful, negative, jealous & meanspirited people in this world! I've been deluded into thinking most humans are decent & nice & don't want to hurt others whether by word or deed! I suppose the gloves come off on the keyboard! Pitiful! The name means just what it says- Blue Ivy & if you can't spell it you should look into getting your GED! We All have a right to name our kids what we want, if C-lebs want unusual names for their offspring it's none of our biz! Also, the name Bey&Jay chose for their daughter is not that unusual! Blue is among the new popular names & Ivy is is an old classic, like Rose, Myrtle, or Fern (mine)! Congrats to the happy family! I'm glad nothing negative said on this blog will matter to them in the least!!

January 9, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Musorowegomo

My thoughts precisley im a Swede living in Germany and I cant say im proud of the hate and rage in white people sometimes as they are always trying to put down anything done by blacks. Its so shameful and it shows how low and poor some people are. They even diss lblack names Amari ,Shaniqua just becoz they are unique to blacks and it frustrates them not being able to break them.
      its so shameful really.

January 10, 2012 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  38. Katie

I am happy Beyonce had her baby. Beyonce is beautiful and has the voice to match.

January 9, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Joey

Why would they set their daughter up for life long ridicule with that name, Blue? Blue's clues, she Blue me for a long time, she Blue me off, why so Blue, Sac le Blue, ... so many jokes with that name – idiots

January 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Brenda

I'm guessing the names Seyonce and Cray-Z were taken??

January 9, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  41. bob

I believe it means in quansa you have the right to a attorney. Whata ya think of them apples boyeeeee

January 9, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dmg-p

u guys are so jealous and hateful / i figure u hate successful blacks i am happy for them i wish them god's richest blessings for them and their little girl/ haters

January 9, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. cindy

I think it's kinda cute. What's not cute is how their bodyguards kept other parents from seeing their newborns (especially in NICU).That is rude and so uncaring. Who cares who they are? And the head of the hospital claims to know nothing. What a load of crap.

January 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Gene

I think something like 'Zippy 5Lettr' would of been a better name.

WHO THE HECK CARES what Blue Ray IVy means!

January 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  45. king1

A

January 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. gold

@derp...seems as if u hv a great deal of hatred 2wards blacks...very evident n ur comment. I really dont understand how ur race spend millions trying 2 look like me...but u hate me....can we conclude jealously???? Fair ?

January 9, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Yes I am busy trying to figure out how to get fired from my job so I can collect welfare, knock up a bunch of 16 year hood ho's, score some crack, guzzle a couple OE 40's, get some $2000 rims for my 1995 Hyundai, and forget how to speak or write the English language.

REPRESENTIN!!!!!

II'z wunna be'z juz lik u.

January 10, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • JL

gold, you're a fool. no one is jealous of you, I promise.

January 10, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  47. gold

@derp..its not our fault 3/4 of white women r spending countless hours n the tanning salon attempting 2 darken that pale white skin 2 a darker complexion...

January 9, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • JL

Yeah, not true.
      Anyway, how about black women and their hair straightening including your precious Beonstage...I mean Beyonce.

January 10, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  48. V.dot

How about everybody quit hatin on the name of the child and just be happy for them and that the world was blessed with a healthy baby!! Congrats J & B!!

January 9, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  49. gold

@derp did sandusky finally take his finger out of ur azz long enough for u 2 post such negative comments

January 9, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Brilliantly witty retort.

Oh, and black people still make up stupid names for their kids.

January 10, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  50. keith koontz

who cares!

January 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Phillip

Do you think maybe they picked up a book on horticulture thinking it was a book of baby names? Seriously, there is not an argument that can be made that would ever give any intellectual weight to someone naming their child with as much thought as though they were naming a new pet hamster. Coming from New Orleans, I have to admit that it is going to make a great drag queen stage name for someone soon. I can already think of some great Mardi Gras costume ideas. Somebody get me my pruning sheers.

January 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  52. @Jim

Beyonce's mom had 2 girls. No boys in her family to carry the name Beyince (not Beyonce) Beyince is her mom's maiden name. She is from Louisiana and is French Creole.

January 9, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  53. WOW

Some of you kids have too much time on your hands.

January 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Jim

No for nothing but what kind of a name is Beyonce also. Stupid celebrities.

January 9, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jay

They should have names the baby Blue Ray

January 9, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. T

i dont get what all the fuss is about. so the babys name is blue.. there are so many worse names out there for a child to have.. and besides a child will get picked on and made fun of no matter what his or her name may be. the thing is their child will mostlikely never have an issue with her name within their social class. by age 5 that child will prob be more famous than her parents and definatley making more money than u or i.

January 9, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  57. downtown100

Why didn't they just call it "a good fcuk"

January 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Steph

should have named her : Le-a.
    Remember the – don't be silent ! :)

Come on, guys, give them a break. Ivy Blue in a generation where not only celebrities name their children
    odd names. And, doubtfuly she'll be in regular school so she won't be teased about her name. Rest of
    us who name their kids "normal" names should be worried. Looking ahead, those like, Mary, John, Susan,
    Jeff will be the children who get teased.

January 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  59. reallyyyyy

I guess that's the rule when you are a celeb. Name your child the most ridiculous thing you can think of! Apple, Orange, Blue, Green...The list goes on

January 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  60. JL

Poor kid with those things for parents.

January 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. patty

what is wrong with these celebrities, with these weird a$$ names.I guess the fame gets to them that their kids get to suffer for the rest of their lives knowing they are going to be called BLUE IVY, or RUMOR, or BRONX etc.. lol stick to traditional yet unique names.. not out of this world names.. LMAO

January 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jay and bee fan

Thats right leave them alone

January 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. joesmo

who caaaaaaaaaaares!!!

January 9, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mario

It's just another stupid tacky celebrity baby name.

January 9, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Steve

I see Blue, he looks glooooorius.

January 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Kit Kat

Well said EBC! I wonder why some of these folks take everything so seriously. What I'd give to be able to have a child and have peace of mind financially. Oh well..gotta go scrape up money for rent.

January 9, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Truth

Congratulations to Beyonce for taking a nine-month-long sh!t.
    As if the world needed any more ugly @$$ n166ers.

January 9, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  68. epona

They should apologize to all the parents they inconvenienced in the NICU. Keeping parents away from their new born babies just because OMG an normal person may see our child! Get real you selfish pieces of trash. Your chity body guards bullied parents away from being able to see their babies. You chitty money paid to inconvenience others during what was supposed to be a happy time. The hospital pulled a tasteless and insensitive stunt as well.

January 9, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Porkand Bean

Blue is from the Blueprint II where Jay and Bey did Bonnie and Clyde and the video that brought them togetehr for the first time. Ivy is IV as in the album that was out when she conceived and it being her favorite number. C'mon people its not that hard!

January 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  70. KCS

Not so sure I'd ever want the word 'Blue' anywhere near my daughter's name. First middle or last. I don't care what the spelling is.

January 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Vickie

Good grief, the name means she will be picked on by classmates and will always be the person with the weird name.

January 9, 2012 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  72. EBC

Aaaaah, I'm really so happy for Beyonce and JayZ and their new bundle of Joy. I'm sure baby Blue Ivy already has all her uncles and aunts lining up to spoil her rotten. i.e,,Oprah, Lady Gaga, Will/Jada, Gweneth, Rihanna, Russell, Kanye and many more!! What a truly luck little girl.

AND secondly those of you who do nothing but spew hate and negativity about the NAME given to their child are just being silly. FIRST of all, the name holds special meaning to the PARENTS as it should be. Its NOT our child, so WHY DOES IT MATTER TO ANY OF YOU what Bee and Jay named their baby? Last time I checked NONE OF YOU have any say in the matter. AND in regards to how much they spent on securing the safety of their baby and their family privacy...WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO ANY ONE ELSE? Last time I checked it wasn't YOUR MONEY to be mouthing off about. AND ALL hospitals NEED the money desperately. AND the fact that Jay and Bee are NOT the first couple who have shelled out millions to hospitals to protect their privacy and they certainly won't be the LAST..... so this notion that they are this or that is just plain ignorant coming from "haters" who have nothing better to do than spew hate based on envy and jealousy. You ALL wished you had Bee and Jay's life. Don't FRONT.... Don't FAKE the funk. All of you hating on them are just jealous its NOT YOUR LIFE!!!

The very same folks who DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT and WHO HAVE NO VESTED INTERESTS when it comes to the decisions pertaining to Bee and Jay's marriage, baby and celebrity status. It's THEIR LIFE and THEIR baby and if they have the money to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.... What business is it of YOURS people!!! Get a grip.... don't hate the players, hate the game!!! What a bunch of FAKE and JEALOUS haters in this blog, doing nothing but talking trash.... but seriously we ALL know better don't we?

January 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • gurlygurl

GET A GRIP !!!

January 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

Thank you for your postive words. I cannot believe the hate on here that people are writing about. This is a baby girl. a child of God. that will have great things come her way.. It is not anyone's baby to name, but her parents. I wish them all the love and joy that a baby girl can bring. These post just show that the world is filled with hateful people.. sad.

January 10, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Steffine Anderson

well said

January 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  73. jon

if beyonce is smart and has class she will keep this kid away from rihanna.Very classy name though?

January 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Frost

Lets just hope that the kid looks like mom and not dad.

January 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  75. tbrown

Congratulations to Jay-Z and B! The world can't wait to see baby Blue!

January 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JD

I don't care...

January 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Feast of Beast

Shove what? Oh!

January 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Feast of Beast

It means that the parents put as much thought into the baby's name as was put into their own. Namely, none.

January 9, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  79. babs

Measles make you bumpy and mumps'll make you lumpy
    and chicken pox'll make you jump and twitch
    A common cold'll cool you and whooping cough'll fool you
    but poison ivy's gonna make you itch

January 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Gwyneth

I just hope she looks like B instead of Jay (shiver, shudder, barf!)

January 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Lestat

The job of a celebrity, pick the stupidest name for your kids

January 9, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Synyztah K.

I.V.Y= Illuminati's Very Youngest... B.L.U.E. = Born Living Under Evil.... ...... "6 6 6... Murder Murder Jesus"..-Jay Z. 'Lucifer' The Black Album.

January 9, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  83. lilmike 16

my cousin said the same thing about the illuminati thing, BLUE=Born living under evil IVY=illuminati's very youngest...

January 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dian

I guess since your cousin said it then it is valid and correct? Maybe we should get your cousin to host his own show on CNN since he knows so much.

January 11, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  84. thegreatkimbini

Sooo...their baby is a blue, wood-creeping plant.

January 9, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  85. dumbname

Should have named her Tyquandalyn Debrisha Queeneefa L'Orealla Carter

January 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  86. monica

Wow why must everything be racial...who cares what they named their baby. Its 24hrs in a day,use 12 taking care of your own business and 12 staying out of someone else's business an then your day will be complete.

January 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • cyndi

Best post of the day!

January 9, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

When you are referring to some ugly @$$ knee grows such as this, it is pretty damn hard to ignore the cause of that ugliness, which obviously in this case is all about race.
      Beyonce just basically took a nine month long sh1t.

January 9, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

How noble... but then again HERE YOU ARE. Where does trolling web articles about the names celebrities give their children fit into that schedule of yours?

January 10, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  87. beenz

It's still not as bad as Audio Science.

January 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patricia Smith

Blue Ivy is not as bad as the following names. Apple,Jermajisty,Blanket,Moon Unit,Ocean,Leaf,River,Seven Sirus,Spec Wildhorse,Suri Cruise,Tallulah,Audio Silence,Rumor, Scout,Moxie Crimefighter,Dweezil and my very favorite...Diva Muffin.

January 10, 2012 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  88. maria

I don't know why this ghetto people get rich and famous and act like rich class people ,what kind of stupid name is that ?I feel sorry for this kids when they grow up ,other kids making fun of them how sad ,can this people be real? real people? the money and fame goes to their brains!

January 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. irene

im god she had her baby god bless u beyince and jay z <3 :)

January 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  90. JIM

Translated: "Privileged One."

January 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  91. cyndi

do you know All black people? stop acting as though you do. many of us have the slave master names so stuff it. Jimmie Lou and Sally Sue are butt ugly names just like Trig, and Trak, are those real too?

January 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

There is a kid in the NFL named Jacquizz. JACQUIZZ!!!! Do you think any white people would make up such a stupid name. Don't get mad at us. It's not our fault black people insist on making up stupid non names that teachers can't even pronounce. I don't what's funnier, when you guys make up ret arded names, or intentionally spell real words. I taught a class once and there was a girl named Ebinee. Farcking idiots, can't even spell black right.

January 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Feast of Beast

Fine make your own. But at least learn to fhucking spell! Judges used to intervene when people tried to name their kids weird shyt. They need to do so again....

January 9, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  92. brian

it's the name of a methadone clinic

January 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  93. @tillzen

Best comment of the day! Lmao

January 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Big Will

Muliti million dollar celebrities always name their kids with weirdo names. They dont live on planet earth with the rest of us. Doesn't mean anything but "Im Rich, Therfore I Can."

January 9, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  95. danitra

Gonna be a little hoood rat anyways. I bets they tape a crack pipe to its lil mouf.

January 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Richard Fore

I'm naming my boy Three

January 9, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Teresa

I

January 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Teresa

I think they should have named her ivy carter. I do not like the name they gave their daughter.

January 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Sortakinda

The name choice isn't final. Having given no thought before saying it's "Blue Ivy," they now think "Lotsa Bling" works better and will stand the child in good stead her whole life. Eva-buddy likes Lotsa Bling, doesn't they?

January 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Wow

No matter what this child is named, she will never wear JC Penney clothes, operate a fryer at a fast food restaurant, need save money to buy a beater of a car, clean a toilet, or apply for any type loan. As long as she has her health and love from her family, she will have an uniquely privileged life.

January 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  101. jane

Who really gives a rip about what the name means or who even cares they had a baby for heaven sake? The poor little thing will eventaully be a victim of a split marriage anyway.
    and that business about shutting "normal" people out or keeping them away due to security for these people is crazy. they are not any more special than anyone else. Can't for the life of me figure out why the "stars" feel they are so much better than anyone else
    just tired of it!!!

January 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  102. W. Farrell

You're my boy Blue!

January 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Chris

The government really needs to crack down on this obsurd names. Why does everyone want their children to be an individual these days. No wonder so many kids are commiting suicide these days.

January 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Joe

It's the name of a restaurant.

January 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Sortakinda

They was gonna name the baby, "illiterate," after the parents.

January 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Yes I'm a cynic

It means a marketing executive chose this child's name. It will make a great brand. But if they keep relying on the marketing angle in this child's life, then I smell a Behind the Music episode already in progress ("..but Blue's childhood was not normal as her parent's consulted markting gurus about everything from what she should wear to her first day of school to the types of teddy bears she should endorse...).

January 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Byrd

The name means one thing and one thing only: The parents are complete idiots.

January 9, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  108. MrsJackson

"I don't even know what that means? No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...no it's not... it gets the people going!!!" :-) :-)....

CONGRATS!!!!!

January 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  109. sortakinda

The name comes from Jay-Z's great aunt, who is younger than he is, who liked the songs Blue Velvet and Poison Ivy. They were going to name the chile "Poyson Belvitt" and spell it that way. Instead, they went traditional and were pretty sure they could spell Blue and Ivy, so the baby wunt have a pobblem.

January 9, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  110. tillzen

I thought "Blue Ivy" was Marge Simpson's code words for her carpet grooming issues?

January 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Me

Here is the straight truth answer to the name. They are morons that think it's funny to give the kid a strange name. They did it to get attention. There should be a law against things like this. That poor kid has to grow up with that name until she is old enough to tell her "parents" that they are retards, and change he name. But at least she has some hope of being able to use the "Ivy" part as her name and dropping the "Blue". People. Think about this child growing up and having to explain that stupid, oddly spelled name you gave them. EVERY time they have to give their name over the phone, they will have to stop and spell it out, explain it, and 90% of the time, people will still get it wrong.

Giving children names like this is a form of child abuse.

January 9, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  112. xdougx

Blue Ivy!? I mean srsly? Why cant these pompous idiots give their kid a normal name.

January 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Matt

I figured Blue was because Jay was such a sports fan... and a gangster.

January 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jeannie

It's sure to be an UGLY baby. But she'll have money so all the hipocrites will line up at her door step. Ugly baby, Ugly name.

January 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Tran Xo Lee

I think boo ivy is a rovery name. In china we offen name our chidren after bowel movement.

January 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  116. B-man

His face and her backend. wow – that be one ugly kid.

January 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Just0r

What a dumb name. It sounds like a type of weed.

January 9, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Rod in Dallas TX

According to the radio this morning. Blue comes from Jay Z's new album Blueprint. (Stupid right?) Ivy is in relation to the roman numeral number 4 which is IV. Apparently, they both love the number 4 since both of their birthday's are on the 4th. That is where Blue Ivy came from. Carter is Jay Z's real last name.

January 9, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  119. atypical

but to a more relevant matter, what are we each doing to help contribute to social and economic equality in society?
    here is to the era of the Nunti Sunya.
    peace

January 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Mr Bojangles

Justin Beiber is the real baby's pappy...

January 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Tina

It means that she is not poisonous I guess – – since it is blue and not green as poison ivy is.

January 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Dave

Fake pregnancy anyway..so really cares?

January 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Julia

It's better than the name I saw a few weeks ago at a retail clothing store: D'Uneekque.

January 9, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  124. matthouse

your my boy blue :(

January 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Somerita

If only Will Ferrell had the baby instead of Beyonce!!!!!! Blue ... you're my boy!!

January 9, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Give me a break

Who cares ? That poor kid has to live with such a ridiculous name? Her parents are idiots. Hopefully once she becomes older she will change it to a normal name. God bless the baby & hope her idiot parents grow a brain!

January 9, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Predict this

I see a lot of name changes in the future... from all these horribly named celebrity children... I feel sorry for them. Their parents need a reality check.

January 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  127. What

I feel bad for the parents who couldn't go see the babies that were born premature in the NICU, while the so called royal couple rented out the entire floor.

January 9, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • who cares

agreed! Celebrities just care about themselves and NO ONE else, Not even a poor innocent angel baby in NICU!

January 9, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • puh-leese

I agree.... but the hospital allowed them to do it in the first place. If I were those parents with babies in NICU, I would be irrate at the hospital administration staff for allowing that in the first place.

Antics that make me dislike this couple even more.....

January 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  128. malsings07

Let's just hope the baby takes after Beyonce!!

January 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  129. jon jon

Blue=Cripp.ni**A

January 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Guester

2 words – who cares

January 9, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • You're Here, so You Care

There's always someone (or 20) who feels compelled to ask this inane question. And usually so illiterately that they don't even know to use a question mark. Everyone start mocking the morons who keep leaving this question on article that they take the time to click on and comment on.

January 10, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  131. john

how about pink turd, what's the difference?

January 9, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  132. SmarterthanU

It means – everyone is going to have weird names that no one can spell. When you ask for a 'coke' at a restaurant, 5 kids are going to think you are calling their name :P

January 9, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Guester

I actually know someone named coke but spelled with a k – Koke. Supposedly an old German name.

January 9, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  133. tensor

It means "egomaniac + parents."

January 9, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  134. summer

LOVE how everyone on here is hating and saying it's not important news, blah blah blah.... Get off of here and stop hating if it's not worth your time. I love feel-good articles. Do I like the baby's name? Not particularly. However, she isn't my baby. Which is why my daughter has the name my husband and I picked out.

January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  135. CNNNN

Celebutards. Yawn. Did you hear that they prevented parents of babies in the NICU from seeing their children, so these celebutards could commandeer half the frigging hospital?

January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  136. LBWl

They rented a whole floor so they could sneak the surrogate in. Beyonce never looked pregnant. The bump was always different and her body never changed. Her boobs remained the same and her face never changed. Look at Jessica Simpson, she is lumpy all over....even her face! She is a big money maker for Jay Z and he does not want her body to change right now because of the big money she brings.

January 9, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • whattheduece

Bet she doesn't even have a c-sect scar or a single stretch mark!

January 9, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  137. kenneth

In other words–you can name your child sugarbowl mustardsees as long as you have a reason for doing so.

January 9, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  138. listen here le quandrishanteau

STAY ON TOPIC OR U KNOW WHO WILL TROLL U.

January 9, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  139. tonya

Boo Ivy looks like a lil hood rat to me. I wonder if she is smoking on the crack yet?

January 9, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  140. Tyler

Blue Ivy, it means your kid is going to have a hard time in life

January 9, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  141. Le quandrishanteau

My homies just call me Lequan. I gots street smarts.

January 9, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  142. Athena

Wishing all the best for baby Blue Ivy!!

January 9, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  143. Le Quandrishanteau

I think my name is bootiful.

January 9, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  144. citizenUSA

It's a street name for a type of LSD.

January 9, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  145. marsha 2

Poor blue. Im sorry. Puppies sre usually better than people.

January 9, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  146. Mike P

"...fans bandied about a popular theory that 'Ivy' is indicative of the Roman numeral four – as in, 'IV-y.'"

Idiots. As in "I-V", not "IV-y." This is why we have take board games like Stratego and dumb them down for stupid people. GUH!

January 9, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  147. Athena

Blue is not at all uncommon. My puppy's name was Blue. Tres chic no? Alas, Blue is in puppy heaven now

January 9, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  148. 12

Sometimes people name dogs BLUE. Maybe the baby is an ugly dog so they gave her a dogs name. Here blue. Here blue. I gotts some dog food for ya.

January 9, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  149. 12

I think blue is for blue gum. Thats what they used to call really dark skinned blacks. As in that n!g is so black his gums are blue.

January 9, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  150. serdich

..It means roughly translated with Google translate ..." you wont be able to see your newborn baby while we are at Lenox Hill hospital 4th floor"

January 9, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  151. Destiny

Have you people ever heard of Blue Cantrell the Soul singer? The name isn't that crazy say like naming your kid Apple. Just a thought.

January 9, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • koko

Whats strange is...Jay Z dated a singer named Blue Cantrall (sp?). He also dated the rapper Foxy Brown, whose real name is Ingrid, which is the name Bey used to check her in....

January 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • halo

ever heard of the term, "stage name"? that's not her real name. Blu Cantrell (born Tiffany Cobb on March 16, 1976) is an American R&B and soul singer-songwriter. (source: wikipedia.org)

January 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  152. derp

Well, at least it wasn't something really stupid like Le'quadrishanteau, or some other made up scrabble ethnic psuedo african nonsense.

January 9, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • cyndi

or they could have named it Jimmie Lou, Sally Sue or some other backwoodish, redneck name...

January 9, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Jiimmy, Lou, Sally and Sue are all actually names. Unlike the strewn together, preclude your kid from ever getting a job, afro centric, unpronounceable garbage that black people invent tom punish their children with.

Nice try though.

January 9, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • RoyC

Derp, do not worry about it. Just tie your trailer down, so next strong breeze, you do not get blown away with the rest of the trash.

January 9, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Go ahead and make trailer park jokes. It won't be quite as funny as I'm tossing De'Andrequisha's resume in the garbage can because I already know she comes from a stupid pair of idiot parents. Just because someone thinks black people make up stupid non names for their kids does mean they live in a trailer park. In fact, many people who think black people make up stupid names for their kids are the ones who do hiring for large companies, like me.

Bill Cosby was right.

bILL cOSBY WAS RIGHT.

January 10, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  153. Nancy

at least now beeitchsay can't prance around tellin people she is "all that"

good bye body....c-section scars never go away.....mwa hahahaha

January 9, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie

Oh well, it depends on the "cut" and as long as she doesn't get a Brazilian wax, not too many folks will even see it. Now stretch marks may be another issue entirely.

January 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Lilarose in Oregon

Here is how they got the name "Blue Ivy" for their newborn girl. They chose 200 words from A to Z and posted them on a game room wall. Then they threw darts at the wall and the first two that landed were "Blue" and "Ivy." Papa's surname is Carter, so "Blue Ivy Carter." For the rest of her life.

January 9, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  155. LBLois

It's a stupid name. Who would take advice from a woman that named her kid Apple? Too much money, too much time, not enough reality.

January 9, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • YankeeFan

Perfectly said. Thank you! ....And Gwenyth...Shut Up. Who asked you?

January 10, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  156. jurby

ah yes, another celeb's baby named some ridiculous name of which she's going to grow up being teased for. i feel bad for all kids who's parents give them ridiculous names.

January 9, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessa121

Celebrity parents can name their kids ridiculous names because their children will socialize with other children who have equally ridiculous names... and if someone does pick on them.. the kid can just cuddle up with a bunch of $$$$ for comfort....

January 9, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • me

Wake up...this child will not be teased about her name by the average kid (adult) ever in "her life".

January 9, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  157. kenc

hAPPY FOR THE COUPLE BUT TO SPEND A MILLON DOLLARS ON THE ENTIRE FLOOR OF A HOSPITAL COME ON i KNOW ITS THEIR MONEY BUT DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY PEOPLE COULD BE HELPED WITH THAT MONEY ITS REALLY SAD – IF YOU WANTED IT TO BE PRIVATE HAVE YOUR BABY AT HOME –CONGRATS BUT I THINK THATS IS INSANE, PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 9, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaver'sBeaver

Perhaps they didn't want to be around any of "those people"

January 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • anthony

they donated a lot of money to the hospital.

January 9, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steffine Anderson

Its her first child and she has the money to do it so why not, its her money I would do the same if it was me life is short so do as you please while you have health and strength it might seems pointless to you but to her its a very special moment. according to charity, I don't have any facts but these people normally do charity work so Beonce I dont know you but I'm a big fan of yours, from destiny child days, congratulation to you and JZ love you blue Ivy, you have a super star name so special muah love you.

January 13, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  158. P. Diddy

Man that Jay-Z is one ugly looking dude. Their kid must be vomit inducing to look at.

January 9, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • john

The guy's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, snags one of the hottest women on the planet... and that's what you can come up with? Nice.

January 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOE in LOS ANGELES

Hopefully the baby won't have them ugly Jay-z LIPS, if so i feel sorry for Blue Sunshine, I mean blue ivy. Sounds like Jay'z and B have been taking to much ACID...and for the LUCIFER Worship. They Lie, They are truly Satanist..

January 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Joe

Wow, another retarded celebrity naming their stupid retarded kid, yet another retarded name.

January 9, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  160. mx3

This is an easy one...it's a meaningless name meant to generate buzz. You know, like how she announced she was pregnant? It's all meant to generate buzz for their celebrity brand.

January 9, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Donna gee

What a STUPID name to burden this child with!!!!!! Agree with mx3........just a another ploy to get MORE media attention!!
      STUPID, STUPID name!!

January 9, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • RickeyV

The 1%'ers can get away this stuff, and like to flaunt it.

January 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annia

I guess it means this child's "ivy" is blue. LOL. Anyway, it sounds better than Shaniquah, don't you think?

January 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  161. hirolla74

Why not purple? like purple drank

January 9, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  162. coolbreeze

well as long it was called purple sizzurp or blue Hawiian.

January 9, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  163. tracie

I like the name blue because it rhymes with poo.

January 9, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  164. RuthHouston

Details about the birth of Beyonce’s baby girl, Blue Ivy Carter – both a written and a visual account, plus details about the alleged surrogate mother.

The Birth of Beyonce’s and Jay-Z’s Baby Girl, Blue Ivy Carter – The Inside Scoop

PHOTOS: Beyonce’s and Jay-Z’’s Baby Girl, Blue Ivy Carter Finally Born

Beyonce’s Pregnancy Secret Revealed – Details on Surrogate Mother

January 9, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • jade

that is not a picture of the baby LOLOL. If you read the caption it clearly states that.

January 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  165. no way

Ivy is a plant that grows in vines. Vines can be wrapped around jay zs neck until he turns blue-get it ?

January 9, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • lori

lol...bingo!

January 9, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChexLeMenex

I know what Blue Ivy means "Child who was given obnoxious, unintelligible name by hollier-than-thou celebrity parents"... at least that's what the baby name book says...

January 9, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • withU

WELL SAID

January 9, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

It seems to me that these so called celebretaries are all trying to out do each other to see who can come up with the most ridiculous names for their children.

Poor kids, cant even get a good start in life.

January 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

I guess the name Sha'Nay'Nay was already taken huh?

January 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

LOL, I love it!!!

January 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patty Biller

They ARE in the illuminati. Nuff said....

January 9, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truthfully

I know the meaning! It means: My parents are two self-absorbed azzwads who thought naming me something bizarre would increase their "fame" on Twitter for 30 days and they have now left me with an idiotic name for the rest of my life.

January 10, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |