Expect to hear a lot less from Chris Brown
January 6th, 2012

Expect to hear a lot less from Chris Brown

If Chris Brown has seemed rather quiet lately, it's all going according to plan.

Brown's manager, Tina Davis, tells Billboard that the strategy for the 22-year-old singer/actor is to "not have him do interviews, but concentrate on performing and recording."

She adds that it's something they've been planning for a while. "We're not trying to be rude, selfish or disrespectful in any way. If people are going to judge anything, judge him for his talent. He signed up to sing and entertain, not to talk about his personal life," she says.

This may not be a bad idea, considering last year's interview outburst on the set of "Good Morning America" that marred the young star's rep. And judging from the interviews we've heard from his ex-girlfriend, Rihanna, no one has ceased asking questions about Brown's 2009 assault of the Barbadian singer.

"As much as some people wanted him to go away, his business life and personal life are totally two separate things," Davis says, adding that the business end is appearing bright.

"We are humbly trying to get back into the swing of things," she says. "He has [a] movie and other scripts coming our way. A couple of different companies have been talking to us about partnering with him. They're not afraid to stand next to him. They understand that, hey, this young man has another 20 to 30 years to go. He has a right to be able to grow up and learn about being a man."

Filed under: Celebrities • Chris Brown

1. Cisco Routers

Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with a few p.c. to power the message house a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

June 17, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. really?!?!

Man chris is doin it big so thumbs up to him and his team for wanting to keep his life sepreate from his music. sooo proud of him..come back2 new orleans chris! and bring diggy+trevante with u;} ;} ;}

January 14, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 대춘이

댓글이 많네용~ㅎㅎ

January 12, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JS

He should be in jail.

January 10, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jane

Great! Do you wanna have more friends?Browse SeniorsSingleDating.(om. Unlike other sites, SeniorsSingleDating assists you to connect with millions of senior singles for friendship, dating, serious relationship, activity partner and more.

January 10, 2012 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bear

Who cares about Chris Brown. He's a no talent waist of space,...just like Jay-Z, Kanye and Beyonce.

January 10, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • SoSick

bear ? first thats a dumb name, 2nd um chris brown, jay-z, kanye west and beyonce have had music history in there lives ! so that much mean something ! #TEAMYOURAHHATER!

January 11, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Guest

...........cnn should really block its comment section

January 9, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Gene

Hopefully... he'll disappear THEN continue disappearing....and take al crud in Pop R&B Thug junk with him. Take the hipster artsy emos too.

January 9, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dab

brilliant manager!

January 9, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sockpuppet

having movie scripts coming his way and people talking about partnering with him doesn't sound like he's actually doing anything. That sounds like spin, hype, whatever you want to call it. They are trying to sell us on something that hasn't even happened

January 9, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Number 1 fan!!!

Haha! My bad shamar the comment above yours that says maybe we shouldnt hear from him at all is wat i was talkin about and i thought it was yours!!! Im sorry girl!!!

January 9, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. EBC

GOOD BUSINESS DECISION. Fans don't really understand how the entertainment industry operates, it takes a LOT of work and focus to stay relevant and Chris Brown has done a really good job off getting back to what he does BEST which is perform and WRITE his materials. So this is a very SMART move on the part of his management team. They are taking him back to his roots and that's where he shines and performs the BEST when he's focused on his craft and doing what he does best. The whole Rihanna issue is DONE, its time for everyone to move on. Even Rihanna herself has moved on and has shown no ill will towards Chris Brown based on her recent texts. We've ALL made mistakes, some more serious than others, but we all have the ability to LEARN and GROW from our mistakes and that's more important then the constant never-ending "blame" game. No matter what anyone in this blog says... Chris Brown is talented beyond his years... he's constantly thinking outside the box and I'm sure Chris Brown will surely defy all leaps and bounds with his artistic genius mind. Hate him all you want, but the boy is a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment business. He's earned the rank for sure.

January 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ki

Took the words right out of my head! So true, like the manager said his personal and professional life are 2 different things. There are so many big name actors/performers who have made very poor decisions and they don't get half the hate that Chris Brown does. He is an amazing performer and I look forward to supporting any of his upcoming albums and films! #TeamBreezy

January 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Oh Hi Oh

Rich, poor, black, white, celebrity or no celebrity, he's an abuser of women, and he should be in jail for brutally assaulting a woman.

January 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Leaf on the Wind

I think it was Mark Twain who said "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear to be stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt." Perhaps Chris Brown, and his managers and publicists, have come to understand that.

January 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Donald in CA

Chris who? Must be some kind of basketball player. I'll have to google him to find out who he is.

January 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  16. whocare

wishes this moon-cricket would get squashed!

January 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. beenthroughit

All I can say is, he is doing the right thing. Needs to settle down, and mature, and rehabilitate himself. In time he will rehabilitate his career. I hope he does the right thing, and focuses on making his wrong's – right again. And continue to live in that manner. I've been physically abused very badly, and even I can say, I can forgive my abuser. I believe people can change if given the chance. He needs to take that chance.

January 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mastodonrocks

Oh now he's an actor too?? I swear just because you can sing and dance it does NOT mean you can act. 100 effin rappers act, only maybe 2 are worth a $h1t.

January 9, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Elton John

hi hahahahahhaha

January 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Anonymous

Why stop at just the interviews? Dude, just do everyone a favor, go away!

January 9, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Scott

Good and have him take the Kardashians with him

January 9, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  22. woman

I think starts should be treated like regular peoplle. even if the are super rich and could care less about poorer class.
    If I got to work and stop at bar and have some drinks and I get a tickets that costs me my job. If I beat my man
    and files charges i go to jail and loose my job. If I get caugh steeling i go to jail and loose job. If anything like this
    happends to stars then they would ge see free, I wouldn't so it's not right to give them the roylal treatment, they
    are already getting it. I MEAN REALLY DO YOU THINK I AM THAT STUPID.

January 9, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  23. Robert the first

When a headline makes me feel like I'm sooo Barney. Justice at last. Drag queens, even, can advise one to a better quote. With in the comfort zone of a pure Christian Jew, soul. Mr. Indiana 1989-ish. Point noted. He is some sort of gay concubine. Self medicate as much as possible, point also noted. "One small step for man, One giant leap for man kind," was genious. What Chris Brown tweeted last makes me on the bad side again.

January 9, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  24. RUTIA MARIA

Ok. All this hate, ignorance, and lack information is crazy! The mans an artist, not a saint. Go to church for that. The fact is. No one knows what happened in that car! Leave the drama in the past and build on the future with Positive thoughts and actions.

January 9, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. Name*khariminal

U racist persons will have your time with God. Wish I could be there just to hear how much of a b¡ ~} u become. U will be shown all u have done throughtout life.

January 9, 2012 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  26. SMH in disgust

I'm disgusted that CNN would allow any blog be posted with such racist comments. They have lost my respect and viewership.

January 9, 2012 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. shamar

U dont even no what im talkn about fyi an im not a guy im a girl an plus i was not talkn about chris brown, im talking about how these white folks is so call'd try'n to be racist which its funny to me i laugh at fools like them.

PS:think before u SPEEK!!!!

January 9, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  28. Number 1 fan!!!

That shamar guy needs to shut up.... Jealous.... He doesnt "beat on woman" he hit one woman and it was a mistake and everyone... well mostly everyone.... let it go and you should too... Chris Brown is doin it big!!! There is juss a bunch of haters that need to back off. Thats all i gotta say....

January 9, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kari3

I thought he was the next Michael Jackson...then he blew me away with what he did to Riahana. He had such an innocent smile. Never thought he would ever do something like that. White or black, he did wrong. I`m white and I think he is super talented. Amazing dancer! U never know...he might have changed.I just heard this week that they were spotted together again. lol..these kids never learn.

January 9, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  30. Have Not Forgot

We should have expected to hear less from him after the vicious beating he administered. Hard to believe that anyone still supports him and is actually interested in partnering with him for any reason. Yeah, eveyone makes mistakes, but you don't accidently beat the crap out of a woman.

January 8, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. gricha

Yesmikejacporkedbilljeanandoutpoppedablanket!

January 8, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  32. B

Y'all needa back off of breezys back
    That man has some amazing talent with singing,dancing,and acting
    Just cuz he screwed up 3 years ago doesn't mean he's not trying 2 get better
    U people need 2 get outta the past and just c who he is now as a person

January 8, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Leso

Awful

January 8, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  34. shamar

To each its own, live an let live. If every body was the same it would be a dull world!!

January 8, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. J-Bone

Ill teach him how to take responsability for being a man, female abusing POS

January 8, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Red

It's about time.. this should have been handled like this a long time ago. He is still young and needs to be taught how to handle himself in the public eye let along in the private. He seriously needs some coaching and growing to do... His work is very good, I can't take that from him and I would like to see him grow in his craft. I'm 39 years of age and I like his music and really love watching him perform.... Best of Luck to you Mr. Brown.

January 8, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MyBrainCellsRDying

Why is he still around? He beats women up. He should have been eliminated from the entertainment industry years ago. Go America for supporting exemplary role models!

January 8, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. shamar

The white man aint well liked on this earth his "money' is liked" but not him.

January 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  39. shamar

An tell ur white wife to quit suck'n on the black man's d***!!!

January 8, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. shamar

With ur "meth" pipes go suck on that an calm ur nerv's.

January 8, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. shamar

Listen at the poor white trash talkn s*** go back to ur woods an hover!!

January 8, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Johnny 5

Nobody was listening to what Chris had to say before. Just another talent lacking thug.

January 8, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. natalie

Look don't hate on chris he is human and makes mistakes like you and I leave the past in the past and pick up that album when it drops. Chris brown is hot talented and on the come up booo yow go chris riding till the end for ya. *

January 8, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Tehe

Oh would some of you guys juss shut up!!! Why are you guys still hatin on this man!!?? What happened in the past is in the past... Let it stay there and move on... Are you mad cuz he made it and you didnt??? Come on someone give me a reason why you cant let go.... Im listening...

January 8, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. Mel

White people something else...but you won't say it to these black peoples faces. Oh noooo..you'd rather hide behind you computers. So LAME....the fact that you HATE any race or person is pathetic...

January 8, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  46. bob

C Brown whata dirt bag, iam a sugar sister, let him try to whack me like that wussy Rhiana, I'll knock his horse face into his back pocket. U don't mess with a chocolate sister like me etta bushamba, how do u like them apples

January 8, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  47. Paulo Roberto

I think the option choose by Chris's manager is very apropriated. The name of an artist is their patrimony more precious, and the image of that singer is, currently, hurth by recent scandels.

January 8, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  48. bob

That monkey face no tal

January 8, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  49. david mlaleli

Even so,come Lord Jesus,surely,His coming is so near
    Amen..

January 8, 2012 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  50. no name

ahhhhhhhhh I love chris brown. ! :) keeep up the good work .

January 8, 2012 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  51. neesh

U guys r so fukin retarded n outrageous..seriously? Halfa u white folks is buying that man's album all day n night..some of u white people are just so ignorant m inconsiderate

January 8, 2012 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Mastodonrocks

Hahaha!!! Read what you just posted and then tell me who is ignorant.

January 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Chizyboy

"Majority"i luv d way u sing.noo! Thaat not a man.

January 8, 2012 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  53. Chizyboy

Hi"noo!chris dat not a man.i luv d way u sing'...

January 8, 2012 at 5:25 am | Report abuse |
  54. dele

I believe chris brown can still make D world go the way him did it last time and i believe dis one will be more hotter than that....i love u chris brown and i believe also we nigeria luv u more too. Let the spirit of musiz keep flowning in u

January 8, 2012 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  55. Renee

Wow! Its really an eye opener how white people smile at u and at the back they are racist! I will be very careful with every white person i come accross cos at the back of my mind they all HATE blacks.

January 8, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. @Suin_Serious

This is soooo true

January 8, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  57. B.

@islam hassan Don't be insulting fleas by comparing us to Chris Brown. WE have feelings, too. LOL Men who beat on females are serious abusers. They don't take well to being outed. Brown will do it again, I guarantee it. His ego won't allow him to let it slide. Just taking it under ground won't stop the boy. No matter his talent, he's likely to go down like O.J., and not because they are both black, but because they have control issues.

January 8, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  58. shamar

Half of these people need to fall off the face of this earth an maybe it will be a better place!!

January 8, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  59. shamar

But ur white kids love'em!!

January 8, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  60. Louise

I didn't like him even before he beat up a woman, his voice is nasily and he isn' all that cute. He is in no way shape or form even close to michael jackson in performence so some of you need to stop spouting off all the praise for his "talents". I am not impressed by teenagers liking him, teenagers will fall for anything marketed to them anyway.

BTW Personal life and careers do go hand in hand.

January 7, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  61. nancy

The sooner he goes away the better. He's just a hood from the hood. he is a waste of everyones time.

January 7, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  62. smh

What's really sad about whites hating blacks is that they don't even know why, just listening to others....smh :(

January 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  63. shamar

Mo'f***ers dont lik wen u speak about their race. But want to speak about your's. Wen the white man is gone'n to be the down fall of this nation. Behind greed an hate an got to go down wit them u want to talk abou black s*** whats talk about real s***!!

January 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  64. shamar

U dont no nothing about no black man. See the black man will leave where the white man will kill u an the kids.white folks mad cause white kids rape to there music now the old an angry white man sorry we dont pick cotten no more s***ed on them

January 7, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. McDavid S

jlyn, l thank God 4 people like u who see beyond skin color.God does same and must be happy with u.Action come from d hrt and not skin,whoever judges by skin color is hrtless and needs help

January 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. shamar

Why they talkn abou the black man beat'n on a women an wat hes do'n. Wat the white man no about a black race nothing thats why they quick to run there mouth's. White man dont only beat there women they will kill their whole family include'n the dog anything thats breath'n

January 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  67. jlynn

I think its really sad how much hate there is in this world we live in to think people hate people for thier skin color but we are all the same it just breaks my heart that yhis is our world chris is a human being who made a mistake and none of us know how much he has or will suffer for what he did the focus has left what the story its not about his skin color but about how he is dealing with the aftermate of what he did god bless him and I prey for each and every one of u whos heart is so full of hate cause at the end of time we are all going to stand befor judgement and answer to god so you guys should worry about ur on soul and let that man worry about his

January 7, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Nique

Why does everything have to be about race with Americans? OMG, if you don't like Chris, let it be because you don't like his music and/or his past harmful action with Rihanna. I'm a professional young Black woman and some of the comments on this site are completely idiotic. It isn't right, whether a person is black, white or latin to have to ALWAYS pull the race card. If we can get past EVERYTHING being about race, then maybe this country can move forward. Please grow the heck up and pay more attention to trying to rectify situations in a positive nature to benefit the human mankind than to keep tearing down people based on race. Believe it or not, the races that are here on this earth now...aren't going anywhere! So, learn to live together and stop this shameful nonsense!

January 7, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Tracy Marie

True He's Trying <3

January 7, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Rex

I take that back. Not all blacks are bad because my dad is black. My white mom worked at the Bunny Ranch in Reno, in the 1980's and she doesn't know if my daddy was the Steel Worker, Marine Drill Sgt., or Bobby Womack the 1970's Soul singer. If anyone needs deporting, it's my Polish Jew mom.

January 7, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  71. babegirl

you know , i am in a bi-racial marriage , i have been in relationships with white men also and my black hubby treats me way better , so i hope to my god that this isnt a color thing , good for cris brown , moving on with his life above all the bad in his past , seems to me like riahhna needs to leave it alone , if anyone has listened to her music she sing about criss quite abit . The lord loves us all .

January 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  72. truely amazed

Oh

January 7, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  73. lashawnajames36@gmail.com

i swear ppl so stupid violence is never okay he made a mistake and the media took it too far, and for the racist comments white ppl arent perfect so too be judgemental is a cowards way of putting ppl down, grow up ppl get over your selfs let him live his life

January 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • McDavid S

My problem with racism is that no white or black has the power to create himself white or black.So why judge people by color.stop making out lik God is a fool.black or white show ur light

January 7, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  74. truely amazed

Where is CNN to moniter these comments cause apperntly they dont care about the "racist" comments

January 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rex

Deport all the blacks now. bad bad ppl

January 7, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  76. sooo dumb

I cannot believe people are still talking about this.it was 3 years ago. i love chris brown and the fact that his team wants him to stay true to his music then good choice.his personal life has nothing to do with his music.he's making his comeback from a very long time away from the music buisness.he's a good guy who did a wrong thing.plus they're back on speaking terms on twitter if you read the newspaper...he's enjoying the life so let him live it

January 7, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ard

I think Chris is awesome and I am tired of hearing about that incident with him and rhianna they have gotten past it so should we my daughter and I love u Chris we can't wait for u to come back to new Orleans I really enjoyed your concert u do remind me of a young micheal Jackson

January 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Joshua Ludd

Translation: I am trying to keep my violent, girlfriend beating prima donna from doing interviews and instead recording and such so that no one forgets about his music... but everyone eventually forgets his tirades and assaults.

January 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Matias McCallister

If this site is being monitored by some ethereal person regarding CNN's comment policy then why were such racist and obvously biggoted things allowed to be said. Yes there is freedom of speech, but not freedom to spread hateful language.

January 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  80. islam Hassan

All the racist comments are so uninvited and derogatory. Anyone who takes the time to post racist remarks has the IQ of a flea....if your Caucasian and haven't realized that your the minority, then you must live under a trash can...your post is ridiculous and reeks of ignorance. You wouldn't dare say that to anyone in person because ypu'd get your face headed to you so this makes you a coward as well.

January 7, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  81. dicky-do

A much larger percent of blacks than whites in the prison systems

January 7, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  82. bob

I was hoping to hear more like how to beat up your girlfiend once in awhile and how to sing crappy songs. How ya like that

January 7, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  83. sean

I dont how this punk keeps getting press when he is only famous for beating up a girl. What a wimp!

January 7, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • A

he is famous for his talent (music). we knew him long before he beat Rihanna

January 9, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  84. tom

This is the best news I've read all morning...everytime he opens his big mouth he has a tantrum, walks off in a huff or says something to reaffirm everyone's opinion that he is an arrogant idiot.

January 7, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  85. nikki

gay

January 7, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  86. mmhiggs

It's mighty funny how all these racist comments seem to be posted on here all the comments containing the N word sure seem to be on here but any that seem positive aren't being posted CNN is full of BS i'm suprised that they would even allow this much crap to be put on here this is ridiculous.

January 7, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  87. sunshyne705

I love Chris Brown and I think their stategy for him to stay quiet is a great one. He is very talented. Yes he made a huge mistake but just like everyone else he is human and will learn and grow from this. I wish him the best in his personal life and in his career.

January 7, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  88. EB

I Love You Chris. Haters gonna hate living in their own HELL. As my grandmother would say. Go to HELL

January 7, 2012 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
    • lollerbawls

Does your grandmother like getting beaten like a rag doll. His greatest talent is beating women.

January 7, 2012 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  89. JoJo

Black or White, a Man hit a Woman and tthat's just wrong.

January 7, 2012 at 6:11 am | Report abuse |
  90. sheraz dial

Geeee u jus do what u hadda do!a man is jus a man!hope wen you jump out with those styles u gonna mash up d place!peace

January 7, 2012 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  91. colt45

Looks like CNN forgot to moderate those extremely offensive racist remarks.

January 7, 2012 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  92. workydaddy

This is the best news coming out of CB's camp in a long time. Finally got the message he should stick to what he does best–sing and keep out of trouble. Still have a hard time giving him a pass on past discretions, despite his talent.

January 7, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  93. foolish sadge

Accept you cannot control others, cope with that fact........lifetime lesson to remember. I cannot agree more with each and every person who has posted a call to stop the name-calling. The negativity. Focusing on our outter packaging that not a damned one of us had any choice in. You wanna fault a person for that? That person you should fault stares back at you each time you look into a mirror. That person lives life one way, visually. In doing so, you will not be happy with anyone....not even your own package.

January 7, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  94. foolish sadge

What a waste of precious time to debate all aspects of a past that can never be changed, only learned from. Put your energy into that......accept, cope, learn.

January 7, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  95. kaylad

and please for the rest of the lifetimes dont call us n****s because its really offensive. it means black–we're brown.thank you and final thought simply put

January 7, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  96. Colorblind

I just wish people would stop using the "N" word to describe black people, especially that N-–b-- comment. Really?! Do you have any clue what it feels like to be called those hateful things? You shouldn't say things you wouldn't want to experience yourself. I mean let's make them white for the sake of argument. Does white Chris Brown and white Rihanna get called a racial slur too? I don't hear it becoming an issue of race with Brittany Spears flashing her goods or Lindsay Lohan going to rehab....again.

January 7, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  97. ghost

I am curious about a few things...how do we go from Chris Brown to racist comments? How is it only white people are racist? And why is it always overlooked that nobody is perfect and everybody wants a second chance.

January 7, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • A

same1 used the N****** that how the topic changed. and you right we all make mistakes

January 9, 2012 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  98. Colorblind

I don't in any way condone domestic violence–however, none of you know C. Brown personally, nor were you there the night he and Rihanna had that violent disagreement in his vehicle. All I'm saying is he's a young man who made a very poor decision in the heat of the moment. We didn't go our whole lives without making poor decisions, so we have no right to point fingers. Chris is a great dancer–he thought up sequences Michael Jackson would be proud of and if you dig R&B, he's got a nice voice.

January 7, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  99. blackamerican

I dnt usually comment but this was a heated forum. im black but was adopted by a conservative christian white couple at 8. so i see both sides. however its obvious everyone is simply throwing jabs and slurs. yea its easy to see how prejudice one is when your saying the n word like every few words but you gotta think 'that person has been raised with a partial ideology. its funny cause nowadays you would think we would have progressed a little more but you cant get caught up in other people's insecurities or neandrathal-like opinions. no it isnt excusable for anyone of any race to cause pain to a fellow human whether mentally or physically but it happens. and when it does we shouldnt focus on the color but rather the person . its wrong to lump everyone all together. we have been taught stereotypes but if youre knowledgable you should know where that stems from. im in my late 20s i produce music nothing you would expect . once i speak people opinion change. dont lump a race all together.

January 7, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Travis

sir, your measured and intellectual counterpoint have no place here. please take your well-reasoned, intelligent, and coherent statement of peace and tolerance somewhere else. this is CNN.com, we talk like idiots herez.

January 8, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  100. JD

Domestic violence happens in all races and tax brackets. Chris made a terrible mistake. He admitted his mistake and was punished; and has moved on. So has Rhianna. The public and the media should move on as well. AND anyone who doesn't know who Chris Brown is must have spent the last few years in isolation. The man can sing, dance and act. He is extremely talented and will continue to be in the spotlight. And remember he is still only 22 years old. BTW: the man has plenty of white fans including this southern born & raised great grandma.

January 7, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • liz

GO GRANDMA! Im an over-30 chris brown follower too. The boy is a joy to watch and hear – and see him fight against the labels he's been given (he hit one woman, one time, 3 years ago – I'm not justifying but he's not a 'woman beater') – fighting back with his talent and hard work – and winning.

January 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  101. kaylad

@sandy you are soo right thank you

January 7, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  102. kaylad

I really dont think that yall of those people sayin their "racist" because of chris brown hitting rihanna, you just dont like him.to be honest, i'm 13 and guess what i love chris brown and not because of how he looks,but because he has real raw talent.and please stop sayin stuff about black entertainment because really 70% of people listening to hiphop and rap are light-skinned{i dont like saying white} in fact i'm black and mostly my teachers,who are light skinned, they listen to chris brown more than me.so before you want to try and talk about Chris like that just remember-he's the one making millions and living his dream.so deal with it

January 7, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  103. sandy

And white men beat more on their woman than blacks do its because of society when a black person does it all hell breaks loose look @ all the white men that rape lil boys? You don't hear of black men doing that? So to all u white and black racisist people come judgement day it don't matter what color you are

January 7, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Travis

you are so right. Blacks are better than Whites (non-blacks) because they don't rape little boys. I can't believe we've been blind for so long. please accept this apology on behalf of all white people, as I am their spokesperson. at the next meeting of the buildaburgers we will address the topic of boyraping and how no black men do it.

January 8, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  104. sandy

Y does it matter that it was chris brown? Men beat on women all the time so because its chris brown yall hate him I don't condone what he did if I heard correctly rhianna had attacked chris first... Yea its a shame how many rasicist people on here

January 7, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • sharky

You did just condone what he did, if you are basically waving off his beating up Rihanna like no big deal and making more of a big deal if a white person doesn't like Brown for beating up a woman and his anger management issues. Only a racist looks for racism in everything. Congrats you are a racist, sandy.

January 9, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Dizzyd

Not if you're poor it's not!

January 6, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Nojudgement Zone

Why don't u white racists idiots shut up with ur ignorant remarks. White men beat on white women just as much as black men beat on black women. Bottom line is it is wrong! Look @ the facts before u talk s**t and throw insults. It is sad that we live in a country where racism still exists, but yet America is suppose to be such a great place to live!

January 6, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharky

Your comment is more ignorant than those you complain about. So white people hating say someone like Charlie Sheen, a complete d**che is not racist, but if a white person hates Chris Brown for also being a d**che it is then racist.

Heck I didn't know beating up a woman was a racial issue now. So it is only racist to dislike a black man when he beats up a woman. Ooooooooook.

January 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Darth Irritable

@Kashbmaryd – for the same reason a bunch of allegedly educated Penn State students came out in support of Sandusky.

January 6, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Kashbmaryd

@xjdavid, I don't think your statement is really true. If domestic violence was that much of an issue for white people, how is it that CB was one of the main acts on the VMA's last year? And as far as domestic violence not being an issue for blacks, I think it depends on who you ask. BET didn't allow him on their awards in 2009 when Michael Jackson died (and that was probably the worst thing they could have done to him since he was Chris' idol). I'm sure neither the NAACP nor Oprah (or even Obama for this matter) agreed with what he did, so I guess we'll have to search for those black people that don't think beating a woman is a big deal. And also, I can't wait for the next Mel Gibson movie. I'll be sure to take my wife with me since we're both still fans.

January 6, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  109. DeeDee

@bob our government was 'doling'handouts to mostly poor whites probably long before you,I and even that idiot pres.All White Men pres.and Congress ,and you don't appreciate black people making all of this money,no you don't want them on welfare but you want them to have the jobs my grandfather had to endure while going to college bellhop and train potter,because our government told him that if he'd join the Navy they'd pay for his education.He became the first black lawyer in his town,put it this way people like you bob didn't like it.So Chris I hate what you did to Rihanna,give back and get on with your life.Youth is full of mistakes.

January 6, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  110. k g

I disagree that mr brown has another 20 or 30 years i feel that he has at least another 40 or 50 years left man mr brown you keep it going i am 45 going on 46 when your young you make mistakes and learn from them and move on thank you for keeping me entertained young man look to the hills i got your back.

January 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Miss Jones

@young'n whether or not you hate blacks I don't care,all I know is the white girls at the school that I work absolutely love Chris Brown.That's always been the bottom line of racism.

January 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  112. young'n

Why am I a racist? Because I hate that p*ssy woman beater chris brown who happens to be black?

January 6, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  113. smh

Hope we get to hear more from white people like Chaz Bono..lol lmaooooo

January 6, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  114. myopinion

Chris Brown has talent?

January 6, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

sweetie yes he does and making millions, don't act like you don't know that boy can sing. God gave him a talent

January 9, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • chianne

He can dance a little too – the understatement of the day

January 9, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  115. smh

Hahaha white racist people are such haters! Hahaha

January 6, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharky

Yeah because beating up a woman is really a racial issue. Oooooooooooook then.

January 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  116. bob

I love to see them succeed on there own. Stop begging for handouts and govt cheese from that idiot pres. Telepromptor.

January 6, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Vera

@young'n aka smart a**out of those ppl you named seems like OJ should be the only one you should really hate lol.

January 6, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  118. young'n

Didn't he bite rihanna? Haha what a psycho f@g, but than again I am just a white devil that secretly prays for the demise of wealthy black people, like chris brown, oj simpson, wesley snipes, and dr. conrad murray

January 6, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Tay

Chris is amazing. And you cant change that no matter how many of you hate him, he is still going to prosper in his career and personal life.

January 6, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  120. @maria williford

What? In english please!

January 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  121. bob

He loves beating women, would not try that stuff on a man, he get is ugly ass kicked

January 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  122. b lo me

Some people act as Chris is the only celeb to beat a woman. His business & personal life are seperate and what goes on in his life is none of our concern. Either buy his music watch his movies or not simple. @ truth u have shown us all your mental state

January 6, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  123. ashton

Why you talk about chris brown

January 6, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Peace and Love

OMG...so much hate!! I bet some of you sit by your computers and wait anxiously for them to write stories about black entertainers so you can write your ignorant comments. You racist jerks are sad and predictable!!

January 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marcus

Well said.........that idiot is probably an Obamahater too!........some people just cant stand to see blacks or other minorities suceed.....sad thing is that they cant see past their own stupidity to realize that they are in the MINORITY!

January 6, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

I hate Chris Brown, and it has nothing to do with him being black, and you're both pathetic for jumping to that conclusion. The ONLY black people that I hate are the ones always throwing up their arms about racism over every thing. Racism is just as much a black thing.
      Chris Brown is hated because he beat a woman half to death. Sorry if that's a bigger deal in the white community than it is in the black community, but as talented as he is, that idiot won't get a minute of my time, and you ought to be ashamed that you're so willing to give him yours.

January 6, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

Marcus I wouldn't exactly call Obama successful. Yes he managed to fol a bunch of sheeple but successful? Don't think so. Plus his wife looks like Patrick Ewing.

January 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • sharky

Yeah because the dislike towards Chris Brown has nothing to do with him beating up Rihanna (also black) or his anger management issues. No no it is because he is a black guy that has some success. Yeah ok. LOL. Good grief, looks like you are the racist here, Peace and Love, a misnomer for you by the way.

January 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  125. maria williford

Oh shut up Mrs Willian is not way in the word u dont hear about Christ is the best more talent dancer in th eindustry hat happens happens is over people move on let Christ along is the next Michael Jackson is so truth his unique i whent to his concert and i whas speech less hi have magic on him just like Michael his going t obe arround for ever

January 6, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Yo Mamma

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP CHRIS IS

January 6, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  127. carrieanne

Good. The world could do with a lot less thugs opening their stupid mouths

January 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Reenie S.

@Truth I love Chris Brown and i'm white,you sound like an angry white dude with'short"comings',I also love Rihanna.

January 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  129. craig

You should care because your white kids are buying his albums. White america just wants to be in the "in crowd"

January 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  130. mrlove

Why their is so much hate. We are all humanbeing god made us all

January 6, 2012 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  131. chilipepper

Thats wants wrong with people like him. They think they can be a jerk through life and you shouldn't judge that because they have a talent. Really backwards thinking.

January 6, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • sosideirish

Really? And Rihanna can be a physicially abusive b_tch, but that's okay cuz she's a woman, right?

January 10, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  132. Truth

Chris who? Oh yeah, that guy who committed felonious assault on that one n1ggerb1tch.
    You know it's funny, the way the media just has to inform us of things such as this, as if White America really gave two sh1ts about these n1ggers.....

January 6, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • dani

You care and you're a jealous, poor, racist pig. Rhianna would walk all over your weak azz. Go clean out your dirty trailer or something. Get a life loser!

January 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaun

You're the lowest race PIG...Haven't you found that out yet!! Go back to EUROPE SLUG!

January 7, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • maddie

Wow its sad to see how strong racism continues to be. My husband is a medic in the army and he fights side by side with all races and he saves them all when he can. I guess some people think that blacks are good enough to go sacrifice their lives, family, and everything that they are in combat, but not good enough to be treated as a human beings its really sad. Thank God I wasn't raised that way.

January 8, 2012 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • what???

you suck!!!!

January 8, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

i feel sorry for people like you, why hate some-one because of their skin color? I'm black and proud of it and I'm not going anywhere so live with it or kill yourself

January 9, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Kam

Don't respond to these comments. Click "REPORT ABUSE".

January 9, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • SoSick

bruh, whas wrong with you? You need HELP cuz all these singers wananh do is make us happy with what we hear. Being white black, brwon, blue or green aint got nothing to do with it! Im black -? I think if you den like chris brown you wouldnt have even wasted time commenting on this thing. !

January 10, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  133. xjdavid

Sorry, Tina Davis. When you're a celebrity, your business and personal lives are NOT two seperate things. Can't have it both ways.

January 6, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  134. be quiet

Expect to hear a lot less from Chris Brown? Why, he finna punch me in mah ears?

January 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  135. madhater

Some teachers are whures, and let there students throw it in them.

January 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Teach

oh just shut up

January 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  137. alecia

PLUS WINNING THE MONEY HELPED ! Y-E-S ! :)

January 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  138. alecia

Seriously guys, thanks for letting me go with all to you to Las Vegas. It was a super fun time I will always remember. Being with my good friends was too wonderful. @get a room-you act rude on here but it is just an act. You are a kind gentleman and I thank you for making the trip fun. Thanks To ALL Of You.

January 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Teach

You had better tone it down sonny boy or i will send you to the principles office. I am an important teacher.

January 6, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  140. jake

Well then you just shut up Teach.

January 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Teach

Im not alecia. I am an important school teacher. My name is Mrs Williams or just Teach. No alecias in my classroom.

January 6, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  142. get a room

You are just angry because I wouldnt sleep with you while we were in Vegas. Just be happy you won 700 dollars and had fun.

January 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  143. get a room

Oh just shut the he!! up alecia you fat slovenly cow.

January 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  144. teach

Who is Chris Brown? Im an important middle school teacher and have never heard of this person. He must be one of those kneegrows.

January 6, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

you could see less of him right now and delete this article
      And I think he beat some women or something
      He Ike Turner'd a few women.

January 7, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Kam

I sincerely hope you're not really a middle school teacher.

January 9, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • diamond smith

what the hell is a kneegrows?

January 9, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • easye

You're important in your own mind! I hope to never read about you being involved with under aged children.

January 10, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  145. Observer

All I can say is GOOD!

First!

January 6, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • kevin

agreed. Good riddance

January 6, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donaldbain

How about we never hear from him again? That would be much better.

January 8, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yessir

You mean you were tired of hearing too much from Chris Brown? Why were you tuning in to listen to him?

January 9, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Christina

It is amazing how much media controls the minds. There is a total double standard out in our society while people are so easy playing the victim....man or woman.
      As a woman myself, sometimes women think it is appropriate to take advantage of the double standard. The way my siblings and I were raised,with our father being in the Marine Corp and raising the household as a military household, taught us alot. My sister and I was taught from a early age if a boy not a man ever puts his hands on us mind you I said boy because there is no boy or man that will ever be brave enough to face the wrath of a father.

January 9, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truthfully

Is there anyway he can take Kanye west with him?

January 10, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |