Reese Witherspoon: How I met my husband
January 5th, 2012

Reese Witherspoon: How I met my husband

Reese Witherspoon has been proclaiming her love for husband Jim Toth from just about every place she can find, and in February's Elle magazine, the 35-year-old actress reveals a bit more about how she found herself falling for the talent agent.

"It happened out of the blue. This really drunk guy was hitting on me, making such an idiot of himself, yelling at me," the mom of two tells the magazine. "Jim came over and said, 'Please excuse my friend. He's just broken up with someone.' Jim was a really good friend, pulling him out of that situation. That's just kind of who he is, a really good person."

Witherspoon and Toth tied the knot in March of 2011 after dating for just over a year, but the actress says that after her 2006 divorce from her first husband, Ryan Phillippe, she wasn't sure she'd remarry.

"Jim said, 'I'm gonna show you every day what a good partner is, what a good person is. I'm going to take care of you,'" she recalls. "I was like, 'What are you talking about? I've never had anybody like that in my life.'"

And while it all sounds idyllic, Witherspoon warns that no relationship is perfect - including hers.

"I want to not perpetuate any more of this kind of garbage that's out there in the media about women falling in love blindly," she tells Elle. "No one's love life is perfect...My life is just as realistic as everybody else's."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. seo

You produced some really good points there. I looked on the net to find out more about the issue and discovered most individuals will go along with your views on this web site. seo http://fiverr.com/twnseobacklink

April 24, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. SKY

FIRST EXPLAIN TO US HOW YOU LOST YOUR HUSBAND.....AND THEN HOW YOU MET A NEW ONE

January 8, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Girlie

There you go again....................not a kind word sbout anyone. How nice for you to be perfect -bet you can't even look in the mirror

January 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joel

"Jim said, 'I'm gonna show you every day what a good partner is, what a good person is. I'm going to take care of you,'" she recalls – Actually those are the words of a abuser/minupulator/controller. Doesn't mean he is but if someone said those words to soneone I knew, red flags would go off.

January 6, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. lucy

I know a funning and fashion dating site. My best friend Tracy find a new boyfriend there. And they will get married next mouth. You can find rich lady, rich man, richest man in the world on Wealthychats.com site whatever you are rich or poor.

January 6, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Evel Knievel

Boy, time isn't being kind to that horse face of hers. Hope she saved some of her money.

January 6, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Kim

Evel Knievel? it would help if you liked girls, you gay little boy. lol

January 6, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Name*larry jefferson sr

Hi i.am an actor that has.nt been recignised yet.my last film work is with HBO in eastbound&down. i.am a sag member. i to am seeking a true friend..i.am presently living in wilmington nc. but will to relocate if the true friend is out their out their some where i do beleave.

January 5, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. johannah

Ummm – that made no sense peace out back

January 5, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bob

You ever have to stick your hand up Mrs. Frankensteins dress? If so then you would get it peace out.

January 5, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. johannah

What is wrong with most of you commentators? I am pretty sure Reese is prettier and certainly more successful than any of the woman trashing her here. I am also VERY certain that any of the males trashing her couldn't even get a woman 1\10th as pretty as Reese – which means if you think she's hideous the woman you're with must resemble Frankenstein.

January 5, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bob

I heard she was spread eagle like a chick at her prom. Ready to take one for the team! Wow how different stories get

January 5, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jimmy

Im a macho guy. I can bench 425 pounds. Yeah Baybie. Jimmy is the man!

January 5, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Adara

I hope it works out for her. I always did like her in movies.

January 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tom

you a real stud puppy jimmy,

January 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Steve

Thats funny fat tracie, But how can you see anything with those bad eyes of yours? one points left and the other right. LOL, I guess they have point out like that so you can see your big nose. LOL,

January 5, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Don

Good for you Reese, You are a very sweet girl and I'm glad to see you happy....

January 5, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sly Sadie

Let's just see what she has to say about her marriage in another year!

January 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. sandy

Haters! You all are just jealous that she's beautiful and you all aren't, so stop being haters!

January 5, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jimmy

Jay Leeno. Thats the gay guy. She looks like him but uglier.

January 5, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. jimmy

She looks like thae guy that took Johnny Carsons place. The gay guy with a big chin.

January 5, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Observer

She's a liberal and Phillippe is a Neocon. It never would have worked.

January 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Reese

well. see. it was like. i was like standing on the street corner in downtown. and like this dude pulled up in this caddy. and like it had shag carpet inside and double whitewalled tires. and like. and like this black guy got out and offered to give me like 20 dollars. and i was like SURE !

January 5, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |