Kanye unveils design company in 80+ tweets
January 5th, 2012

Kanye unveils design company in 80+ tweets

Kanye West had a lot to get off his chest Wednesday night, and opted to convey it all in a succession of at least 80 tweets that continued into the early morning hours on Thursday.

The 34-year-old musician tweeted about everything from his new company - DONDA, named after his late mother - to education, creativity and design. Close to 24 hours ago, West began by saying he wanted to clarify a few things. For starters, the name of his fashion line is Kanye West, not DW.

He continued, "I love being back at my fashion office learning and creating. It's so challenging and fun and I'm surrounded by amazing people. They so you only live once but every time I come to work I feel like I'm starting a second life...You guys might think I have some type of backing for my line but I don't. I did the first fashion show out of my own pocket and used the money I made touring to follow my passion."

He reveals that he's been working on that passion for eight years, and recounts bouncing between L.A., Japan, Paris and Rome as he pursued his goal. What he knew of women's wear in his younger years, he says, he learned from his mother, who would bring him along on shopping trips and would "would wear blue jeans with a fur and an embellished 'Cosby Show sweater...to pick me up from school."

From there he launched into a conversation about creativity, and how the fame he's acquired has opened doors as well as limited him in some ways. "This is just a train of thought .. but figure it's better to read than trained thoughts," he posted. "Being a celebrity has afforded me many opportunities but has also boxed me in creatively," and yet, "I wouldn't have the prestige I have if it wasn't partially for the Grammies validation and I honor that."

But, "What good is fame and prestige if you can't use it to help people," he inquired. "I want to help by doing what I know how to do best .. create."

And so he explained what appears to be his next venture: a design company called DONDA "which will galvanize amazing thinkers and put them in a creative space to bounce there dreams and ideas."

He's aiming to bring together professionals from a variety of fields: "architects, graphic designers, directors, musicians, producers, AnRs, writers, publicist, social media experts...app guys, managers, car designers, clothing designers, DJs, video game designers, publishers, tech guys, lawyers, bankers, nutritionist[s] ...doctors, scientist[s],teachers."

The company DONDA "will be comprised of over 22 divisions with a goal to make products and experiences that people want and can afford," he added. "This will all take time but I wanted everyones to know what I really care about... I care about people. I care about my fans...I wanted to put this in the world in hopes that the people who can actually make a difference will stand up and reach out."

He concluded, "We can collectively effect the world trough design. We need to pick up where steve jobs left off...We need to take what Michael Jackson felt and Mcqueen and Steve Jobs and we need make things better...There are so many broken systems from the economy to school systems jail systems... we need experts for this."

(Kanye did acknowledge his typos, saying, "Sometimes my grammar is wrong but my thinking is right...My mom was an English teacher so I know she sends an SMDH from heaven.")

And to that end, West said his company needs "as many amazing powerful smart talented wealthy people to be involved... Come get on board... don't just sit there... reach out...I just wanted to share what's been on my mind."

Those interested in West's project were instructed to email contactDONDA@gmail.com.

Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • Music

1. the jealous 3....did u see my father paint the bathroom?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

April 15, 2013 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mckenzie Zabel

It’s no secret that State Farm Insurance is a huge insurance company in America. State Farm Insurance offers automobile, life, health, disability, long term care, business, boat, farm and ranch, volcano damage, personal, and community organization insurance policies. Of course, they offer home owner insurance as well, which branches out to mobile home owner insurance policies, renter insurance policies, and condo owner insurance policies.'

My favorite blog page

April 15, 2013 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. icons pack

It is a pity, that now I can not express – there is no free time. But I will be released – I will necessarily write that I think.

November 4, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. glulpyoung

order an coach 2010 for more detail coach bags 2010 , for special offer

February 6, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bear

His fashion sense is as bad as his music. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE!!

January 10, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ida Byrd-Hill

According to Dr. Richard Florida, Professor University of Toronto and author of The Rise of the Creative Class, states, “Human creativity is the ultimate economic resource. The ability to come up with new ideas and better ways of doing things is ultimately what raises productivity and thus living standards. The great transition … to the current one is based fundamentally on human intelligence, knowledge and creativity.”

Kanye is quite right when he states creativity will move America out of recession as Steve Jobs and Apple employed 21,360 people. Imagine those corporations sprouting up all over America. Unemployment would be wiped out.I created Fluke – The Wealth Building Game of Accidental Inventions to introduce players to the wild wild world of patent – to create more Steve Jobs. Become a backer at http://www.upheavalmedia.net.

January 7, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. REGGIE"D"

He will be soon on the mediq for wrong things

January 7, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mike age 16

YOU NEED JESUS

January 6, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Clete

Hadn't heard about Kanye West for a long time. I had hoped maybe he had been abducted by aliens. Maybe he had, but as soon as he opened his mouth they sent him back. Now we luck humans get to hear about him...endlessly. Kanye west talks about what he had for breakfast, Kayne west has an opionion about everything, Kanye west discusses his lastest bowel movement....Kayne West.....

January 6, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. babala

Coochie coochie. I luv dem jigs and I love dem lezbies. It makes me wanna just make it mezzy! I pump dat chick with my massive dil-do till we all get crazy and then we chill-low. Yeahh. I be a good rappa!

January 6, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. gold

I be a gold digga and I be a freak! Let's pump it up and do some tweak. I get all bombed and I pump dat box..I stay away from dem nasty cox!! Yeeahhh

January 6, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  12. gold

Don't be hatin on me just cuz I iz a lezbo. I be ready to ram my dyko friend with a monster sized strap-on. Just cuz we be blak doesn't mean we can't be freaks!! Just go peddle yo crazy somewhere else!!

January 6, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  13. duh

I iz a hata but I also like to get da head from dem flamin gayboyz! I be ready to ram my tiny peter into da pooper of my buddy! Fruits rule!!

January 6, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. derp

I be lovin dem big ol jig-a-boo meat sticks! I just wanna get pumped in da rump by a big ol brotha schonga! Let get down and rock each otha in da keister!!

January 6, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. gold

A

January 6, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. Qu£€n ¤₹ §w@g ¿

@gold: Lol.i love ur comment. . . . . . . . WE'RE BLACK AND WE'RE PROUD. . . . .

January 6, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

....and pregnant, and on welfare , and a high school drop out, and smelly......

January 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. gold

I think because u cant look like me, u would rather hate me....thats ok darling God made gave us this beautiful dark skin. Nice full lips. Curves. We dont wrinkle as we age. U do...so hate on. Blacks will always be naturally beautiful....

January 6, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  18. gold

Never seize 2 amaze me how a great deal of white racist trash post racially discrimatory comments yet they spend hours n year tanning 2 darken their pale skin. They take fat out of their flat azzes n inject it into their lips n an attempt 2 get fuller lips like blacks.

January 6, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  19. duh

Lisa is a twit, and gives good head! #hoo-er

January 6, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jefferson

Its ok to hate Kanye.....he no nice black man

January 6, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa

Kanye is a visionary, he always means well! #teamYe 100% : )

January 6, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  22. Thqpelo

its nice to mention your bussines nqmes with the one's you love most.

January 6, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  23. FAITH

I' can't believe people can be so cruel and heartless PRAYER IS THE BEST WIRELESS CONNECTION* MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU ALL! SWIFT AND WEST ARE BOTH SUCCESSFUL ! PEACE

January 6, 2012 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  24. Faith

West is trying 2 make a difference y dont u all give him a chance

January 6, 2012 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. babala

I know a funning and fashion dating site. My best friend Tracy find a new boyfriend there. And they will get married next mouth. You can find rich lady, rich man, richest man in the world on Wealthychats.com site whatever you are rich or poor.

January 6, 2012 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  26. shamar

Whats goin to be the down fall of this nation is hate

January 6, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  27. hes rich stop hating

I can appreciate comments that relate to the article, how sad that some people are only ignorant and spew garbage in order to get a stir from others...

January 6, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  28. Qu£€n ¤₹ §w@g ¿

AMERICANS are F***IN dumba** RACISTS.i HATE you ALL!we GON stuff YOUR fingers DOWN your THROATS mo'f***ers!

January 6, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

Can you please translate that to English? I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say, but I don't speak nebonics.

January 6, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  29. Douggy

Good on him for taking on new enterprises. I hope it all works out. And stop posting bs on here people. Your not funny. Your just a fool of yourselves.

January 6, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  30. Beesh

Blah Blah blah..... Put a pad lock on it. Hahaha

January 5, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  31. guilable

Snorting speed will make his teeth fall out. Gummin fishsticks. Yum.

January 5, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  32. wb

I`m proud. Of u kanye,and your mother would be. If I saw u I would give u a old fashion motherly hug.

January 5, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. BigWillieStyles

Kanye West...worth millions..Taylor Swift...worth millions...the looks on my white friends faces when I show them the racist postings on blogs like this...priceless.

January 5, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ms. Lynn

Team Kanye All Day... Watch the Throne Haters ~

January 5, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. T.rex

I like Kanye, though if he met me, he probably wouldn't like me... its a dichotomoy, i suppose.

January 5, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. k green

Great job mr. west you keep up the great work im glad your not looking back like a lot of stupid people. thank you for creating jobs for people and cant wait to see your buisness blow up i know it will and may your mom continue to rip i know she looks down from heaven and smiles on this project ok im out god bless you my brother.

January 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. bob

Hi kanye go design the new Penn St showers, with that idiot Sandusky. Maybe the 2 of you can do alittle horse play! Kanye, its over Johnny no one cares about that jungle music anymore . Allllllllllright

January 5, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

Jungle music?? LMAO, and they say racism is dead in the USA.

no one cares?? well, the guy is making millions, singing the "jungle" music.

the "jungle Musics" are made into soundtrack of nearly every movies that come out. LMAO

January 5, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  38. infamous C

When you have enough loot to do what you want sometimes you'll do something that no-one would expect, not even you! More money, more problems!

January 5, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. shamar

White folks dont no nothing about hip hop they just want to jump on the black ban wagon

January 5, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Yeah, we white people are all over that black bandwagon. I just knocked up three different 16 year old girls, got fired from my job at KFC for showing up late and high, car jacked some asians, spent my welfare check on 40's of malt liquor and picked out some killer rims for my stolen 1998 hyundai.

I'm all over that black thing.

January 6, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  40. The Mattson 2

Best twin brother act EVER
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnVbC00Is0&w=640&h=390]

January 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. warren

THe fact that they are that many klan members that write on this blog. Cnn get your finger out your ass and monitor this blog!

January 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  42. shamar

All yall racist haters thats why its messed now behind yall european pollurks yalls not like

January 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Sly Sadie

@Superhiro- I agree with you about him doing positive things. Too bad more rich folks don't try to make a difference. Is it that picture, or has he put on a bunch of weight?

January 5, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Superhiro

Props to him for trying to do something positive with his money rather than spending it on cr@p

January 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  45. LEE

You really need to get back on your meds.

January 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Kanyeezy

I plan 2 make the best tasting fishsticks ever. Then after after I eat a whole box of them smothered in ketchup, I plan 2 take a dump on tracie's bountiful chest

January 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  47. el numero dos'

Plus Kanyes shadow is really smelly like black people. I net he never gives it a bath and im sure it doesnt use deodorant.

January 5, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. el numero dos'

Yeah. Taylor is a nice little girl so only has a little shodow. Kanye has a big ol nasty jigggaboo thug hulking criminal shadow.

January 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

was he arrested before>?? ooohhh....wait, since he is black i guess you just assume. LOL

January 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Richard Fore

His new design company isnt half as successfull as Taylor Swifts clothing line. He's going to live in her shadow the rest of his life.

January 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bri

Kanye in Taylor swifts shadow? that has possibly got to the DUMBEST thing ive ever heard

January 5, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

@bri..... Yes you twit, Kanye is in Tayors shadow, look at record sales, concert sales, musical talent. Kanye should do something else for a living.

January 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

Freaking m0r0n, to live in taylor "shadow" they have to sing the same genre. these two have complete different genre and audience, IDI0T. LOL

January 5, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Soylent

Taylor Swift: 4 Grammies. Kanye West: 14 Grammies. Love or hate the guy, but 808s and Heartbreak is one of the greatest albums ever made, and it's changed hip hop. The only thing Taylor Swift has changed is makeup adverts.

January 24, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  50. el numero dos'

I really dont think he is that funny. We saw his stand up comedy routine several years ago and it was a yawner.

January 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JUGGERNAUT

LMAO LMAO LMAO

WHAT A FREAKING M0R0N you are. The guy is a rapper, not a stand up comic, LOL freaking idi0t.

why do people like you comment on thing you know nothing about LOL

January 5, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Excelsior

Goldigger was ahait, but he's gone nothing but south since then.

January 5, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Excelsior=MORON

@EXCELSIOR, gold digger is garbage compared to everything else he has done. Latest album is incredible. Try getting some musical taste.

January 6, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |