Demi Moore on her ultimate fear
January 5th, 2012

Demi Moore on her ultimate fear

When Demi Moore and her estranged husband Ashton Kutcher seemed to be having marital problems earlier this year, rare was the moment that someone wasn't pointing out how slender 49-year-old Moore looked.

The actress acknowledges how thin she became in a Harper's Bazaar Q&A with her collaborator on her upcoming talk show, "The Conversation," Amanda De Cadenet.

"I think I sit today in a place of greater acceptance of my body, and that includes not just my weight but all of the things that come with your changing body as you age, to now experiencing my body as extremely thin," she says in the magazine's February issue. "Thin in a way that I never imagined somebody would be saying to me, 'You're too thin, you don't look good.'"

Moore elaborates on what she calls a "love-hate" relationship with her body, saying that she's learned to appreciate all that it's carried her through, including three pregnancies.

The actress then grew even more personal, opening up on what scares her.

"I used to think what scared me was the idea of being abandoned," Moore says. "I think what scares me is not having the courage to reach my full potential...And I think there is no way to reach your fullest potential if you don't really find the love of yourself. If I were to answer it just kind of bold-faced, I would say that what scares me is that I'm going to ultimately find out at the end of my life that I'm really not loveable, that I'm not worthy of being loved. That there's something fundamentally wrong with me."

Moore doesn't mention her recent announcement that she plans to divorce Ashton Kutcher, but she does say that she's found freedom in focusing more on the present moment.

"Somebody wrote something to me that said, 'Don't let your wounds make you become someone you're not,'" she recalls. "Letting go of the outcome. Truly being in the moment. Not reflecting on the past. Not projecting into the future. That's freedom. Not caring more about what other people think more than what you think. That's freedom."

Filed under: Celebrities

« Previous entry
  1. Tsetserskya

hassan Posted on You can name your blog on your own name like miror, one thing more, you should name it acorcding to your interest.

March 17, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. Flyboy7588

This chick has been a mental basket case since the 80's. She is a spoiled little brat who cannot handle the aging process.

January 8, 2012 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. whatthe

jesus freaks!

January 6, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mormon

Probably swallowing, because she isn't afraid of the deepthroat...

January 6, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. jb2817

I thought her ultimate fear was having that photo of her bush resurface. Search Demi Moore hairy bush but make sure no kids are around

January 6, 2012 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. k9zgirl

@JoanBecket..Yep!

January 6, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joan Becket

i just read, Demi, that you do not feel you are worthy to love. i used to feel that way. Actually, none of us are, until we find the Lord (Jesus). He died to make us worthy. When you discover how much He loves you, you will realize, He made you worthy. Once that is squared away, you will be able to love. I know you have spent great time, probably $, and definitely energy looking as good as you do (i'm 51 and tryin' too) but until you feel beautiful on the inside, your efforts are fruitless. once you feel realize that Jesus died & loved you, you will feel worthy & beautiful inside & out! I will pray for you Demi Moore! :0) you don't need a man, you need Jesus!

January 6, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. Qu£€n ¤₹ §w@g ¿

@shoez: Errrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . . . . . . .RaCiSt. . . .

January 6, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. bob

Dummy, oh excuse me Demi, your ultimate fear should of been that the no talent asston wasn't running into one of your girls room poking them, while you were so tired from being skinny and not eating. Whata think bout them apples

January 5, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Zen Angel

She does seem to be thinner. However, she is going through a divorce, and publically to boot. Changes in weight are often a sign of depression, and few things are as depressing as a divorce. I hope she gets some help...and from a doctor, not some trendy new-age guru telling her that vitamins & "realizing her potential" (by giving him tons of $) is the answer.

January 5, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Snarky

Dang, she ugly.

January 5, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Fearless Girl

I think Demi needs to admit to being super shallow.....she spins it with some psychological babble.....the bare bones of it (pun intended!) is just like every other woman in Hollywood, her self-worth is defined by her waist size. This has nothing to do with Ashton Kutcher.....it sounds like she has very low self-esteem that no amount of cosmetic surgery can build rather some deep introspection with a therapist would do her well.

January 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Tony

A few years ago she was using leeches to stop the aging process. Is that why she is so skinny?

January 5, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NoGr8rH8r

Getting old is a biyatch!

January 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Slater

I banged Demi 2

January 5, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. shoez

Black peoples cant sneak up on you though. Unless you are another black. You can always smell em long before they get close to you.

January 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cashun Please

You can smell cuz we smell ssoooo good........and F@!? goooood too. Ask a white girl......LoL!!!!

January 7, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. shoez

She is mostly afraid of black peoples. Everyone is afraid of them.

January 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Richard Fore

As long as she has big fake boobs who cares how skinny she is.

January 5, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  19. trooth

While doing the centerfold interview and pictorial for AARP magazine she said her greatest fear was someone spilling water on her. She is afraid she will melt like the wicked witch.

January 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. dm

I know the feeling, it really does scare me when I think about it. I try not to think about it.

January 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. el numero dos'

WOOOOOO she is really really oooold. 200 years old at least.

January 5, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |