January 4th, 2012

Mariah: Nick Cannon recovering from 'mild kidney failure'

Mariah Carey has reached out to her fans asking for support as her husband Nick Cannon recovers from what Carey has described as a "mild kidney failure."

"Please pray for Nick as he's fighting to recover," the singer tweeted Wednesday, along with a photo of herself taking care of Nick in the hospital. Just yesterday, 31-year-old Cannon was sharing photos of the couple's Aspen vacation with their twins, Monroe and Moroccan.

Carey explained the situation further on her website, saying that the couple are "trying to be as festive as possible under the circumstances, but please keep Nick in your thoughts because this is very painful."

She continued, "They tried to kick me out of the hospital but here I am pon de bed with Mr. C. We're doing OK but we're 'straaaaaanded in Aspen.' #DramaticDivaPlace (I know, we could be in a lot worse places) but the truth is as long as we're together, we're OK."

Just last April, Mariah noted, it was her who was "attached to the machines" in the hospital after giving birth to the couple's twins, and now it's her turn to stick close to Nick's bedside.

"I'm not trying to make light out of the situation because it's a serious moment that's very tough on all of us," the 42-year-old singer added, "so please keep us and our family in your prayers."

Filed under: Celebrities • Mariah Carey

1. charter internet phone number

Nice blog right here! Additionally your web site rather a lot up fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate link on your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

May 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Marco

Don't worry Mariah will buy him a new kidney

January 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Terry

Well. Trying to search for a single wealthy educated man or beautiful woman for a date, fun or marriage? Go to __W ea lth y cha t s . c o m_____ to figure it out?

January 6, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. pmn

You sound a little bitter. Here's a lemon to sweeten you up!

January 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. pmn

Much love and prayer's to Nick for a speedy recovery. Dude looks in pain!! Mariah is such a good wife to take care of her man. It so sweet..such dedication and love shown there. All haters can need to take sensitivity training.

January 5, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mattson 2

This is the best Twin Brother Act ever. Watch the delay pedal work by the guitarist
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnVbC00Is0&w=640&h=390]

January 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Susan D. Kersey

The same Lord that has kept you and seen you and your family through this far, will see you through this as well. Remain faithful and be encouraged. Blessings!

January 5, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Teri

First off, you're an idiot. Secondly, you're an idiot. Thirdly, they're taking advantage of the system...? What system? They are an extremely rich couple, I doubt they rolled up to the hospital with a Medicaid card. And lastly, you're an idiot.

January 5, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. LOVE ALWAYS

love you Nick, gel well soon for your kids and wife

January 5, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. QUEEN LIZ

TRACIE.. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY WHY DONT YOU STFU AND GO BACK TO CLEANING THAT TRAILOR... BTW HAPPY HOLIDAYS..HO HO HO.. TRAILOR PARK WH@#E

January 5, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. annettebob

sam I am- I FEAR NOT DEATH, IN FACT DEATH I SAY WHERE IS YOU STING?
    IT DIES IN DISHONOR BUT IS IS RAISED IN HONOR....I KNOW WHO YOU ARE
    GET BEHIND ME SATAN....YOU TAKE THE GOOD AND TURN IT INTO SOMETHING
    HATEFUL OR NON ENCOURAGING....THIS IS WHAT ALL THE WICKED ONES DO
    MY JOB IS TO EXPOSE THEM AND THEY KNOW WHO I AM....
    ALL GOOD THINGS AND GOOD ENCOURAGEMENT COMES FROM ABOVE
    BUT LISTEN TO THIS: "CONTENTIOUSNESS IN THE HEART", BITTERNESS IS NOT
    THE WISDOM FROM ABOVE BUT IS ANIMAL, DEMONIC...THE WISDOM FROM ABOVE
    IS PEACEABLE, REASONABLE, FULL OF MERCY AND GOODNESS.....
    AGAIN, PLEASE PUT EVERYTHING ON HOLD, AND JUST LOVE YOUR LOVED ONES
    SPENT TIME WITH THEM, THIS IS WORTH MORE THAN MONEY AND FAME...

January 5, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  12. Cristiano

Hello. Come to http://www.Wealthychats.com, to look for some rich guys or beautiful girls.

January 5, 2012 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. ME

WOW! im proud to be AMERICAN! NOT...ok so now when a friend just texted about this i sd let me check cnn ok so now i pray that Nick has a speedy recovery!! again im proud to an African American.. YES!! some of the convo here doesnt surprise me, but it is still patheic but oh well !! all that matters that i pray that noone has to go thru any hurt or pain of a loss or a family member or friend in any medical condition.. 2012.. GROW UP, because with some of the remarks im guessing u are 12 years old or just blame stupid.. Nite Nite

January 5, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Brocky

What kind of sizzurp has G been drinking!

January 4, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cydonia

You all are immature and ignorant. Some guy's in a hospital for kidney failure & youre calling him names? If u dropped dead of a kidney failure we would all stand around & laugh our heads off. U should be ashamed of yourselves. Thank you everyone who aknowledges this as a bad thing. Hope you feel better soon, Nick.

January 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Jim Dandey

Hey, here's her big chance to lose that 90 pounds!

January 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. marky

Steve, I'm not a "tea party" member but I believe last time I looked, this is the USA, so here's the truth: this person doesn't express the opinion of any "tea party" member I ever met. "Tea party" and "racist" aren't synonymous, no matter how much you would like to say so. Just because someone doesn't like Obama doesn't mean they are a "tea party" member, either. I can't imagine a single Republican I know saying the kind of BS "tracle" states, and personally, I think it's more likely "tracle" is a teenager or a bottom-feeder twit that knows nothing about politics of any sort.

Why do you, sir, spew venom the way the person you are responding to does? Very sad, indeed.

January 4, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  18. rachael

I hope and pray he gets better soon. This isn't even funny to be joking or saying bad comments about them. Why can't people just wish everybody the best. Ignorant people!!!! Grow up people!!!

January 4, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • marky

This site has become ridiculous in how much hate and racism is posted. If it isn't hate and racism, it is just ridiculous and stupid nonsense; no intelligent conversation, or thoughtful posts anymore.

January 4, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Nadia

Tracie,

You're an IDIOT!!

January 4, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  20. marquita

I hope he will be okay for his kids an wife cause if something happen to him she will never be the same or her kids

January 4, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Graysonowner

Praying for you, Nick and Mariah. Once you have children, your health and your life takes on a whole new importance. Take care of yourselves. God bless.

January 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. truthbetold

FIRST OF ALL SHE IS NOT BLACK YOU STUPID MORON, SHE IS MIXED, THAT MEANS SHE IS JUST AS MUCH WHITE. SECOND OF OFF, THEY HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU CAN EVEN MAKE BELIEVE. I KNOW YOU ARE BORED WITH YOUR PATHETIC LIFE, BUT PLEASE LET THE EFFECTS OF THE CRACK WARE OFF BEFORE COMMENTING FROM THE LIBRARIES COMPUTER.

January 4, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Steve

Tea party much???

January 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. SKY

FACT: SICKNESS AND DEATH IS SOMETHING ALL HUMANS HAVE TO COPE WITH!
    THE RICH GETS SICK JUST LIKE THE POOR....
    TODAY, TAKE THE TIME TO EXPRESS YOUR LOVE TO A FRIEND OR LOVED ONE....
    STOP, THINK OF WHO IS IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE, STOP
    DON'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW, DO IT NOW....
    TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISES TO ANY HUMAN.
    A PERSON WOULD GIVE UP ALL THEIR FAME, MONEY FOR THE GOOD
    HEALTH OF A LOVED ONE OR CHILD.......
    YOU ASKED FOR OUR PRAYERS, DID YOU KNOW, GOD DOE NOT LISTEN TO ALL
    PRAYERS. "THO THE MAKE MANY PRAYERS, I SHALL NOT LISTEN".
    GOD WANTS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH EACH AND EVERY PERSON.
    SO PRAY TO GOD AND JUST TALK TO HIM, ASK HIM TO MAKE HIMSELF
    KNOWN TO YOU....AND IF YOU ARE SINCERE HE WILL REVEAL HIMSELF
    TO YOU AND GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH YOU NEED TO COPE WITH
    WHATEVER PROBLEM YOU MAY HAVE.

January 4, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam I am

@SKY Your a wack job. I hope you and your famiily suffers a horrible fate and dies soon. Even better if its painful.

January 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. VoiceReason

She's worth hundreds of millions of dollars and you think she and her husband are taking advantage of a hospital room just becasue they're African-American?

Not only are you a racist, but you're obviously just bitter and delusional.

January 4, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Confused

Yikes...

January 4, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. kathys

I hope the best for Nick,Mariah and their children.
    They are a beautiful couple and I am glad they have each other to support one another through earthly trials we WILL ALL HAVE TO ENDURE.

January 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Captain Insan-O

I jack knifed powerbombed Nick Canyon because I show no mercy..

January 4, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. MINX

Thank you, carrieanne. Some people . . . . . . . I hope Nick gets better and follows the doctor's instructions.

January 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. MadCityBabe

yup like always .....Mariah has to get her big a$$ in the picture and make it all about her........run Nick run

January 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pardon?

What in the world are you talking about?

January 4, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. carrieanne

Kidney failure doesnt need a reason to occur and just because Nick isnt old and cranky like you Richard, doesnt mean it wont happen to him! I hope you never have to be looking at the possibility of dialysis just because your kidneys decide to take a vacation. Speedy recovery to you Nick!

January 4, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Richard Fore

The dude is 31, how the F counld he have a kidney failure, what a Pu55y.

January 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kris

Easily. He could have been born with a kidney issue, contracted a viral diease as a child that impaired his kidneys. I for one was born missing a kidney, thank God I am strong and healthy but I'm only 34 and can drop dead from kidney failure any day. Most people take for granted having 2 is a blessing, one stops functioning you have a back up that can bear the burden..... I don't and nor may he.

Think before you speak.

January 4, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janie

Seriously? Someone is sick and you call them that name? You don't know his medical history either, so stop with the ridiculous comments. No one wants to hear them.

January 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dianna

Richard are you serious? You can't be that ignorant. Children suffer from kidney disease, cancer, diabetes and so on. So what makes you think that it is impossible for Nick to suffer from it? My goodness. And to the rest of the other ignorant comments such as them milking the system, only racist pigs like you, would suggest such a thing.

January 4, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

@Kris, Jamie and Diana....... Well obviously your all PU55ies also. Hahahaha

January 4, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poolchick

Wow Richard, what are you 5? You need to grow up and try to make your parents proud instead of embarrassing them. Oh wait, maybe you are the way you are because your parents are morons too. Yup, that's gotta be it!

January 4, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

@poolchick ..... go stick a pool stick up the furry side of your beach.

January 4, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • marky

How does someone your age have such a case of lunacy?! Honestly, just go away and maybe...read a book or watch the science channel!

January 4, 2012 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yan

Richard I don;t understand why they let IDIOTS like you post comments.
      You seem like a real nobody without a life and that need to get one in a hurry.
      You must be a kid with no knowledge whatsoever,get a life and stay out of here please as we already have enough Morons posting here.

January 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • ml

get an education...or at least read a half an hour a day, you moron.

January 5, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  34. shopping cart

These mormons are always up to something funny.

January 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sly Sadie

Tell me if I'm wrong, but is Mariah trying to give him alcohol? That's a funny thing to give somebody with kidney problems. Just kidding. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

January 4, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tony

Mild kidney failure? Any kind of kidney failure is pretty serious stuff. I wonder if he passed a stone. Hope he is doing okay.

January 4, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |