'Pretty Little Liars' go rogue in midseason premiere
January 3rd, 2012

'Pretty Little Liars' go rogue in midseason premiere

After a scandalous Halloween special, “Pretty Little Liars” brought us back to the present when season 2 returned on Monday night.

And while I’m happy to have my favorite “little liars” back on the tube, Sasha Pieterse’s absence was palpable.

Playing the late Alison DiLaurentis in flashbacks, the 15-year-old’s screen time never totaled more than a few minutes per episode. But now that we’ve witnessed her acting chops in the Halloween special, the show feels blasé without her.

On the bright side, it won’t be much longer before we find out who has been torturing the girls. “A’s” identity will be revealed in the season 2 finale - to air in March, creator and executive producer Marlene King told Entertainment Weekly.

“This finale is virgin territory in the sense that we are answering some ultra huge questions,” King said. “We’re giving the audience a lot to digest and talk about between seasons 2 and 3.”

In the meantime, we have a midseason premiere to discuss:

After being accused of homicide, the girls are required to perform community service in bright orange jumpsuits. They pretend to fight, hoping A will catch a glimpse and make a deal with Emily when she’s ready to go rogue.

And it works.

A agrees to meet Emily to discuss the contents of a box Alison left behind. Though the box is actually empty, the girls proceed with their plan to catch A.

In Ezria news, Fitz comes clean to Aria’s parents about their relationship. But Aria’s parents aren’t having it, which is ironic considering Byron once had an affair with a student. Aria and Fitz are probably way closer in age… oh, and neither are married to someone else.

In Hanna news, her dad eventually married Isabel, despite Hanna’s outburst at their wedding. And her new stepsister, Kate (also known as Satan), will transfer to her school.

There’s not much going on with Spencer, except that she continues to push Toby away. (Even after he made her a rocking chair.)

Toby, maybe you should try making her 10 rocking chairs. I mean, she did buy you a truck.

And then there’s Emily, who might not get her spot back on the swim team. She shouldn’t earn any spots after her cringe worthy exchange with A.

Never tell your enemy you’ve been bluffing before getting what you want in return. Everybody knows that.

Anyway, thanks to Emily’s big mouth, the person in the hooded sweatshirt got away once again. But this time they left something behind: A cell phone.

The phone ended up on the ground after Hanna pulled up to the scene and accidentally hit A with her car. How’s that for payback?!

Does this mean the end of cryptic text messages? Perhaps A has a work phone he or she can use to torment the girls in the meantime. Or e-mail. Twitter, maybe? Just trying to be helpful.

What did you think of last night’s episode?

1. Marty

my boyfriend is elvbalry abusive runs me down calls me the most disgusting names..runs my kids down to me not them .my family my friends .tells me i have no one nothing ..which is actually true i have no one or nothing no more he got angry a few weeks ago and hurt me bad with his fists .i forgave .and the other day it happended again really bad ..thank god we dont live together but im alone no friends .depressed i need to leave him i need to verbal abuse is just as bad as pysical.

March 15, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. kat

Does anybody have an actual comment about the show? I've never seen it, but try to follow the recaps and was hoping there'd be some helpful info in the comments...obviously too much to wish for...

January 4, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @me

You haven't been around very long, huh?

January 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. me

Really? You are all fighting on a cnn message board?

January 4, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @vixen

I wasn't the one trolling you. Just making a factual statement. You did go after me a lot. Why, I don't know. I was nothing but friendly with you. Maybe it was because some of your "loves" were talking to me. This goes way back. Personally, I could give a rats azz what ya think & how it affects you. I know it was your mission to get rid of me, though. Now that everyone is onto your game, you are getting exactly what ya deserve. I"m not adding to it, just sitting back & enjoying all the comments. You have a nice day, too.

January 4, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. Beautiful Vixen

@Vixen, No..I wasn't affected by it. As I'm sure he/she wasn't affected by mine. Comments only affect people that thinks what the other person wrote about them are true, or, just take things to the heart way too much. I told you already that I'm not trolling but you choose to think otherwise. You accuse me of tolling all the time. I may be wrong,but, you obvious have been busy trolling me and even Evel. I'm I correct to say so? I don't see why you and whoever else don't just come back and post with your names. I honestly don't care if you do or not. No need to hide unless you want to. I'm sure you'll have something to say back to me in regards to this but... please excuse me if I don't reply back to you. Enjoy your day.

January 4, 2012 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. @vixen

How ya like that crap, huh? As one you trolled a lot, I'm glad to see somebody take ya down a peg. My suggestion would be to remember how it feels.

January 4, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. [The Real] -Beautiful Vixen

@4:44, you are a jacka** yourself because I can't help it if someone hijacked my name and trolled me all day.

January 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Babiyaga

@ BV and other dude- maybe if BV and all the other idiots didn't run their mouthes in these comments like they should on a forum people wouldn't be annoyed so much.

I'm not affected by them, I'm just purposing why they are posting on every story. Also, I'm pretty sure they both live lonely lives since one is on here all the time and the other is nipping at Vixen's heels like an annoying puppy you want to kick. Both make themselves out to be jackazzes.

January 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. @1:06

And you must live a lonely life if you go story to story protecting her. I think somebody protests too much!

January 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @Beautiful Vixen

wow. u must really hate BV for u to troll her every day

January 3, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Beautiful Vixen

Oooooo that should be my new name-pretty little liar cept I am beautiful.

January 3, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |