'Paranormal Activity 4' to arrive this year
January 3rd, 2012

'Paranormal Activity 4' to arrive this year

Studio Paramount has announced that they're sticking with an old familiar for 2012: "Paranormal Activity."

According to the Hollywood Reporter, a fourth installment of the franchise - which has bowed in theaters every fall since 2009 - is slated for this year, although the studio has yet to schedule a release date.

When "Paranormal Activity 3" debuted in October 2011, it set a record for being the highest grossing open ever for that month. The movie, which took fans back to the early days of the creepy tale, earned $54 million its opening weekend after being produced for just $5 million. (Do we really need to wonder why we're getting a fourth movie?)

Variety reports that Paramount earned $5.17 billion worldwide at the box office in 2011, with $1.96 billion coming from the States.

Filed under: movies

1. tevez

Well. Trying to search for a single wealthy educated man or beautiful woman for a date, fun or marriage? Go to __W ea lth y cha t s . c o m_____ to figure it out?

January 6, 2012 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. ben paulsen

I love horror movies, especially 3d horro movies. Realy creepe to see horror in 3D. I found out I could play 3D movies on my iPad:
    Give me a lott of good 3D movie time on my iPad.

January 5, 2012 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

FACT: HAVE YOU EVERY WONDER WHY THEY USE CHILDREN IN "CULT" MOVIES?

January 4, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dee

hahahahahahaha, hysterical

January 4, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dee

The first movie made me sick!! All that moving around with the camera, I hate movies like that. The 2nd and 3rd movies rocked, I was scared out of my mind. But I have to agree with Sara that the end in P3 was dumb, please do a better job with number 4!! Can't wait to see it!

January 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bingobango

bahaha...sigh.

January 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sucked

ALL these movies SUCKED! Im sure the 4th one will suck just as bad!

January 4, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sara

The only one that was good was #1. It had that sense of freshness, and was genuinely creepy. The new ones are gimmicky and formulated...and they lack Oren Peli's original sense. The third one could've been awesome, until *spoiler* they went the easy way out and turned it into a cult of creeper women hanging out in the garage. LAME SAUCE.

If Peli directs the fourth, I'll see it and love it.

If he doesn't, I'll still see it, but I'll probably hate it.

January 4, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. Chase

I actually think each move has gotten better than the last. I really enjoyed 3.

January 4, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. Zed

The first Paranormal Activity was good, partly because it surprised. Number two was basically a lesser version of the first movie. Number three was just flat out bad. Enough already.

January 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. carrieanne

Yawn...

January 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Really?

K whatever, movies are still laughably bad though

January 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. nubes

Really? The first one was made with budget of around $15,000 and probably grossed over a couple hundred million..lol You should probably come out from under your rock a little more often...lol

January 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bocephus

Apparently everyone but you. Hopefully number 4 won't suck as much as number 3 did.

January 3, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Really?

Who watches these garbage movies? I was under the impression the first Paranormal Activity was a dud.

January 3, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duni

Apparently someone lied to you. The first Paranormal Activity was made with a small budget 15k and raked in hundreds of millions of dollars. They are going to be milking these movies until the last one makes as much as the first one cost to make.

January 4, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Ferd

Really? Do you live under a rock? Where did you get your "impression" from exactly?

January 4, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |