Melanie Amaro signs with Epic Records
January 3rd, 2012

Melanie Amaro signs with Epic Records

"X Factor" winner Melanie Amaro has inked a deal with Epic Records, making "X Factor" mentor/judge L.A. Reid her boss.

Reid, the Chairman/CEO of the label, says in a statement that he "joined 'The X Factor' to be able to discover undeniable talent such as Melanie."

He adds that he believes we've "only scratched the surface on uncovering her talent and her inevitable journey to super-stardom.”

When Amaro won the first season of "X Factor" last month, the 19-year-old was awarded $5 million and the opportunity to star in a Pepsi commercial.

Her "X Factor" mentor, Simon Cowell, said they went with L.A. Reid's Epic for the up-and-comer because everyone agreed it was the right fit: "L.A. made it clear that he wanted the opportunity to work with her and with his track record, you can’t say no to that," Cowell says in the statement.

And for her part, Amaro says that she's ready to get to work on her debut album with the help of Cowell and Reid.

1. schatzi

What is wrong with some of you people! From some of you that are just passing through, I can't make any sence as to what you are even saying....Sounds like a bunch of jarbble and trash coming from your mouths. Move on and let the people that are interested in the post subject at hand. I think Melanie and Josh did great....so proud of both of them...I pray for their success and for Chris Renee, I also pray that he keeps a clean and sober life and is successful as well. I want to say something to a handfull of people.....to Cosmiccut64: I think you paid a compliment to a couple of the christians that I think you were reffering to. I'm a Bible Thumper too and I LOVE IT! Lynda: reffering to your issue with the grammer and spelling.....it's really not a big deal if someone isn't perfect with their writting...As I last checked, this was not school or being graded so please chill out on us non perfect peeple. LOL.....I've only just started participating in these recently and I have to say that I do not get all the negatism in people. I saw people becoming caring loving humans to each other after the attacks of the twin towers and the other 2 planes that the terrorist brought down. It was great to see americans of all race, bond together and reachout to help those in need....That is the america that we should all want....Please play nice and encourage not discourage. God Bless

January 6, 2012 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. The Mattson 2

Best twin brother act EVER
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnVbC00Is0&w=640&h=390]

January 5, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. mimi

I loved Melanie from the very start, I knew she would win, no comparision to Chris Rene, for that matter Josh has a wonderful voice, but could not of match Melanie winning vocals. Good Luck to you Melanie.

January 5, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jayjay

Correct, I keep wondering why everyone keeps saying she won 5 million dollars. It was a 5 million dollar recording contract and a Pepsi commercial and that's it. She does have the potential to make millions, but that depends on many factors and at this moment she is still poor!

January 5, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. Roscoe Chait

The article is INCORRECT! She was NOT awarded $5 million dollars. She won a $5 million dollar record CONTRACT. She will never see $5 million. Chances are high that most of the 5 mil will go toward marketing. This is a very corrupt business. I'm glad for Melanie, but I wonder how she feels working for LA Reed who proved himself to be a woman-hater on the show.

January 5, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joyce

Melanie has the voice. Chris has the X-Factor.

January 5, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  7. jayjay

I don't care what anyone thinks about my comments: This show was designed to showcase her from the beginning and the others that placed respectively. It was an excellent marketing ploy. The moment I heard her and especially when she was cut and Simon felt awful about doing it. You could tell it was staged...he was not a god actor nor were the other judges when he mentioned his dismay of cutting her. She was winner from the beginning and you could tell from her expressions when she won that she already knew...she was a bad actress with those supposed facial expressions of surprise. Great tactic!

January 5, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  8. Shelby

Melanie has AMAZING talent! I wanted her to win from the very beginning. People who say otherwise, i'm just not sure they know what they're looking for. Her voice is undeniably beautiful and right on. She's beautiful too. I think she's so sweet and with that voice, sky's the limit for her. She totally deserved it! Although I would have love to see all of the final 3 win. They were each so talented in their own ways. I hope each of their dreams for a music career come true! Melanie, you have a HUGE FAN in me!!! Way to go girl. And btw, I love your accent! No more hiding, ya hear?

January 5, 2012 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. gablau

Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel: talent, a single guitar, superstars.
    Elvis Presley: a single guitar, talent, superstar.
    Tom Jones:talent only:superstar
    Michael Jackson:talent only, superstar

Long line of similar names. Now:American Idol, X-factor, multiple TV exposure. With a couple of exceptions the winners vanish into the nothing, What is wrong with this picture? Seriously?

January 5, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. Russ

Melanie won because she could hit the big notes, however her style and voice are not original, and she will have a hard time competing with the "big girls", such as Mariah, Beyonce, Gaga, Taylor, and others. Josh on the other hand is original, and should have an easier time. His style is laid back and easy to listen to. I could listen to him every day in my car!

January 5, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Russ

Interesting that the judge most critical of Melanie, L A Reid, is going to be mentoring her and producing her first album. However, I think Simon and LA are probably splitting the profits on this. Also, Simon said at the end of X Factor that all the finalists will have record deals. They should. They are all good. I would especially like one by Josh to come out soon. By the way. I'm 63!

January 5, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Trippy

Thinking Drew will have a bigger career.........

January 4, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ

Drew who? I think she has been forgotten already! She was good, but I don't believe she had quite enough. Maybe in another year or two. She needs at least a year of "development".

January 5, 2012 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  13. Poolchick

Melanie and Josh were my picks for the top two. Melanie is fantastic and hope she does well however, I would buy Josh's cd over hers only because his style of music is more my taste. I hope he gets a record deal too cause I would buy his cd today if it was out. Wishing them both success.

January 4, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jim

"OK Melanie. Welcome to the machine. This is how you will look. This is how you will sound. This is how you will live." Now, let's get on with it, there's money to be made here."

January 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Melanie Amaro

I love cocaine and heroin

January 4, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. teenie bopper

Thanks for the kind words and for understanding. I am going back to school. I realize I will not be able to get much of a career going without a GED and college. All one needs to do is believe in themselves and work hard.

January 4, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Melanie Amaro

Thank you all for your kind words! I love my fans and appreciate all the support and special comments. Peace and love to all. Booze it up!!

January 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. teenie booper

Sorry, I am done with my infantile posts. I got my jollies and am done bugging you all. The party is over!

January 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. test

I am testing your patience. I understand that these juvenile posts are getting to be lame, but what else does a teenie bopper high school drop out got to do....I got time on my hands.

January 4, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • test

dropping out of high school has nothing to do with you doing this. it has to do with maturity. did you know that 5% of lowest income homes in America make more than 2/3 of the entire world? Dropping out of high school is not enough reason to do anything like you are doing now.

January 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. test

Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you! Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. Jig-a-boo. I love you!

January 4, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • test

Why the heavy racial slurs? And annoying broken record gay coitus redirect? Seriously, try something new.

January 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. test

I be testing my buddies cornhole right now! He just introduced me his good friend Ben....Ben Dover. Yeah!!

January 4, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • test

Try something intelligent. I really don't think you are capable. Your brain wont allow it.

January 4, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. test

Check check. This is a test. This is only a test. This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. If this were a real emergency, I would be packin fudge 24/7. This is only a test.

January 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  23. test

I iz gonna test drive dat jig-a-boo and make him my luv slave! He can be chained to my bedpost and ready to bump and grind at a moments notice. I luv dem jigs! Dey make me all hot and bothered!

January 4, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Don

I only care about getting pumped in da keister. All of these other fruits can call my digits any time! I will pack them full of my salty goo! Butt pirates rule!!

January 4, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  25. test

bI iz gonna test out bookenz and slide my meaty sausage into his gaping hole! Me and him go back a ways and sideways!! Let's partee down and schlob da knob!

January 4, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Don

I can't believe how much I don't care about this.

January 4, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. madhater

I like female whures buddy.

January 4, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Bookenz

I want a dude sandwich with two flamin fairies on both sides of me! That's why they call me Bookenz! They can fill my holes with jig-a-boo meat sticks and fill me with goo.

January 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. test

I iz a butt pirate and I luv to take a big ol donger in da keister!! Any of you freaky gayboyz wanna jump in da sack and we can schlob da knob??

January 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lynda

Hey, I am a real lez-bo. Just looking for some dykos to party with! Any of you freaks wanna take a monster strap-on in da poop chute??

January 4, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lynda

Yo Lynda! Maybe you should learn to spell! Try checking "grammer" you dumb bia-tch. Wake up lady! You need a good pounding in da pooper.

January 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. LoseNicoleGetBackCheryl

XFactor needs to ditch that boring, robotic host Steve Jones. Also get rid of the self-absorbed, talentless Nicole S.
    Tone down the annoying seizure-producing light shows and distracting, half-naked background dancers. Keep it simple & just focus on the singers!

January 4, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Harry Ballsachs

She has nice boobs.....and sounds like Ms. Cleo

January 4, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Bookenz

She has a wonderful voice and she deserves all her success, and yes I think she deserved to win. But it's Josh's album I'll be buying.

January 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Fred WaffleBottoms

I have custard in my belly button. It smells bad.

January 4, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. ccb

Chris rene is a joke. Josh is good, she is good. The people who thinks chris rene is good troubles me...

January 4, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. John

I don't understand why so many get hopped up about making someone else rich. Now that Melanie has all that dough, try asking her for a loan, or just a few bucks and see what happens.

January 4, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. mia

Melanie has a better voice than Beyonce. Bey does too much acrobatics with her voice. She should chill, caress the vocals the way she caresses Jay!

January 4, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  39. @Test

Whites (some not all) are not prejudice. They are racist.

January 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Test

People like you belong in the 'Slavery Days'

Wake up

January 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riiiiight...

...and of course all Black people are sooooo understanding and accepting of all White people...

January 5, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Trelle Jenkins

Why r yall hating on my girl Melanie? A bunch of predjudice white folks. All that we have dn 4 yall. Its all gud though. Yall have screwed us all our life. Now it is our trn. Give the gal credit where it is due. I am glad she won. Josh did well,but my gal won. This is nt SLAVERY DAYS anymore. We fight 4 wat we want now. I want 2 b REAL UGLY&NASTY about this but i am on da air. I have much respect. Peace out.

January 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Test

"A bunch of predjudice white folks" Seriously?
      You think the only prejudice people out there are 'white'? What country do you live in?

January 4, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynda

Have you ever heard of SPELL CHECK? Either use it or go back to grammer school. You certainly cannot type or spell..............

January 4, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bookenz

Go get an education if you're so modern.

January 4, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh?!??

Can you please resubmit your dynamic thoughts and ideas in English so everyone here can understand you?
      Thank-you.

January 5, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yea

Another troll poser

January 5, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  41. madhater

I show up on all of these CNN blogs trolling for fruits and young boyz! I iz one of this biggest faries around. Let's pound da poop chute!!

January 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • test

the fact of the matter, is you live for the attention. You are no different than some pervert showing off his junk to young school kids. You think your safe behind your anonymous name, and wait for someone to get mad at your comment, so you can feel validated as a troll. In some sense, i have given you that, but i hope you can take away something more.

January 4, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. James Frazier

I know it all! I know that I like to take a monster jig-a-boo meat stick in my poop chute!!

January 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  43. get a grip

I am a fruit! I love dem gayboyz. Let's pump each other in da rump!!

January 4, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. madhater

Is she a whure?

January 4, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  45. Sidney

Priceless....Melanie was 1st eliminated from the show, it eas decided that was a mistake. Simon went to her home, told her she was back on the show and MELANIE WINS. How about that?

January 4, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  46. maria

Josh should have won he was a better singer but he'll get a record deal

January 4, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  47. warren

Get paula off the drugs. Just terrible!

January 4, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  48. gricha

Ithinkdivasarecoolinnycitythosestreetswillinspireyou!

January 4, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  49. James Frazier

I knew she was going 2 win from day 1, when she came out there n sanged Beyonnce song better then Beyonnce sings it. Congrats Melanie.

January 4, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Melanie does not compare with Beyonce, not in looks or singing. You can put this in your crystal ball, Melanie will never be as big in the music industry as Beyonce.

January 4, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  50. kuznechik

Melanie has a superb voice, and talent, and personality. She believes in God and I hope this will keep her safe from the "star-diva" desease. I also liked very much Chris and hope the doors will open for him too. He sings not even by the voice, but by his heart. I wish to hear him again. I wish his buddy-sponsor is next to him and help him every moment. I dare that stardom can be harmful for Chris and I don't want to lose him. God bless everybody

January 4, 2012 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • cosmiccat64

You sound like a bible thumper. YIKES!

January 4, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guesteppi

"Melanie..... She believes in God and I hope this will keep her safe............Chris.... sings not even by the voice, but by his heart. I wish to hear him again."

You sound like Caesar-Jesus or something.

January 5, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Nono

Ummm, you do realize that Whitney Houston also believed in god (along with many famous singers who had their start in church with a subsequent downfall)?

January 5, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  51. Nick

Those of you who don't appreciate Melanie's talent.... why are you even reading news articles about her? She clearly has fans because they voted for her and many will buy her album. Just weird that people will take the time to read and write about something they say they are not interested in.

January 4, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  52. Suzanne

She'll be a star like Streisand, Celine and Mariah, she has the pipes and is a nice girl.... Good for her :)

January 4, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  53. Richard

Ah good, just what we need, another popstress whose music is aimed to please 13 year old girls. Music really is a junk pile today.

January 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mister Ducky™

Yawn.

January 3, 2012 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Vernon

Don't you think that X-factor would be incredibly boring if EVERYONE got along? It was for ratings and drama and great TV that Simon and LA butted heads. I hated some of the foolishness that he (LA) said at times but you know it was better then the constant flowery stuff ooozing out of Paula and Nicole's mouths. LA made a superstar out of Rhiana and Melanie has better vocals than her so it should be interesting!

January 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E3eY94Gu0k&w=640&h=390]

January 3, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rodney in Dallas

LA Reid may be a good CEO but he was a horrible judge on X Factor. I hope they don't bring him back next year.

January 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shaun

LA Reid was a HOT MESS!! If he signed BOTH Pebbles (his ex-wife) and Rihanna....I would not want to work for him. He likes pretty faces. Melanie is a good catch. She is pretty good. Better than Jennifer Hudson. I would by Melanie's music.

January 3, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Francisco who just had surgery.

@Shaun L.A Reid has very high % success rates with the people he signs. I mean he has the likes of Rhianna and Justin Bieber, The top 2 artists male and female in USA, who are both breaking records in sales and in the charts not only in America but world wide. And Rhianna is not that pretty by the way, look closely into her face. If anything L.A Reid should be the one you WANT or SHOULD to sign with. As a judge, he did ok, But Rodney is right, He is one hell of a CEO. But oh boy, anyone would give anything to be on his label if you ask me.
      And just to put my two cents in, Melanie is pretty damn ugly (not that it matters to L.A. Reid I don't think). Happy 2012.

January 4, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  58. Nancy

Josh should have won. I would never buy her CD. Too many Diva's out there already and they are already boring so why promote same old same old?

January 3, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kae

Well don't sweetie! No one asked you to. SMH! I'm sure she will sell without you honey.

January 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ameenah

@ KAE- EXACTLY!!!!

January 3, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • getagrip

I agree with you Nancy! I wouldnt buy her boring crap either! Like you said, too many Diva's already!! Josh should have won.

January 4, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Test

Thank you! There are seriously too many divas. Not only does the X-Factor show suck, most of their candidates are not that talented. Id rather see that money go to people in need. She already has the fame and riches simply being mass marketed over the television like she has been for the past months.

January 4, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nique

I love Melanie and Chris. I was shocked that Josh made it to the final three! Although he is good, he is BORING! I'm sure he'll get a record deal and will sell, but Melanie was the clear winner and it was deserved. As far as divas, you can never have too many! If you don't buy her CD, it's okay, she'll do fine without you!!!

January 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marlene

then dont buy the CD your so stupid and immature!!

January 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynda

I'm proud of Melanie. She has come a long way. I remember from the beginning how shy she was, but now she has finally come out of her shell. I was and still am HUGE Josh fan. I also believe there are too many female pop stars out there. I'm sure Josh will have a huge career in the singing business ( and NOT slinging burittos). Good luck Melanie. I wish you all the best!

January 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

I totally agree – just like that Leona Lewis chick Simon discovered a few years ago, where is she now? I think Josh had a better shot of sticking around for awhile – like Daughtry for example.

January 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Not many people are getting it. She won the vote. That indicates many peple will probably buy her CDs. The contest wasn't looking for unique talent, skill or looks. It was looking for indicators of sales.

That aside, all the finalists had unusual talent and commercial probability. All got tremendous exposure and leave the show with very large fan bases. If they find skilled counselors, they will all succeed in their fields.

Relax everybody. Your favorite will succeed.

January 4, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • dog rule

Burrito boy? Seriously? He 's too old, and who for a second could stand LOOKING at that fat mess?? UGH
      Melanie won't miss your non-purchase.

January 5, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Alex

I lthink Josh is a great singer, but he missed his window by about twenty years. His style and look is stuck in the early 1990's Seattle grunge look. Great voice tho.

January 5, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  59. Alex

Before all you Chris Rene fans get ugly, please consider this young ladies talent and devotion to the art of music. Chris Rene is huge talent and I know he will be signed to a huge contract as well!!! I wish all the young and seasoned talent we watched this past XFactor seaseo the best of luck and I hope all their dreams come true for each and every one of them. Congrats Melanie!

January 3, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • cajr

chris rene is a huge talent? man, he sucked. she was always going to win.

January 4, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • dogs rule

Chris Rene?!!! Seriously?? He sucks and should have gone home the first week. Can't sing a note. Be careful what you wish for because whatever money he makes will, inevitably, go right up his nose or into his arm.

January 5, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  60. carrieanne

Good for her! She deserves it!

January 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  61. suzibee

CANT WAIT FOR MELANIE'S RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANT WAIT FOR THE SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE MELANIE AMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!