January 2nd, 2012

Kathy Griffin strips down for NYE special

Kathy Griffin did tell her New Year's Eve co-host Anderson Cooper to "be very worried" about Saturday night's show, so you can't say she didn't warn him.

As the duo brought in 2012 with CNN's New Year's Eve broadcast live from Times Square - complete with a "no nudity" and "no swearing" sign in place - Kathy channeled her inner Mother Monster and disrobed.

When the camera panned back from a break, there was Anderson in his layered sweaters, and Kathy - in a black lace bra.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Anderson (repeatedly) asked her, after turning around to discover that Kathy had misplaced her dress.

"Lady Gaga's performance is over, and I was inspired," the 51-year-old comedian explained as Anderson tried to use the "no nudity" sign to cover her. "You've got a rocking body, by the way," the "AC: 360" host noted.

Kathy might've preferred to ring in 2012 in her underwear, but she did eventually put her dress back on.

Once Gary Tuchman, who was reporting from Central Park, appeared on screen with his 14-year-old daughter, Kathy decided to show less skin.

But at least one viewer was tickled by Kathy's antics: @Neanie48 tweeted, "u were fabulicious on #CNNNYE You really made a statement in ur underwear It's the BUZZ OF THE DAY! loved it"

Kathy's reply: "Tell my mom that."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Leisa Memos

You understand thus significantly in relation to this subject, produced me for my part consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women aren't interested except it's one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

September 23, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. bong da , the thao , tip bong da , ca cuoc bong da , ca do bong da

That is really fascinating, You're an overly professional blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to in the hunt for extra of your great post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

August 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TomFT

Beth Wiehe rubbed one out in Burbank while watching Griffin take it off!!!

January 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ron

Don't see the big deal. No different than wearing a swimsuit just a different perception because it is a Bra. Nothing shocking, sorry.

January 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Clint

GO KATHY!! WOOOO HOT!!! Bunch of prudish frigged fat azses on here who don't have an ounce of fun in them. I feel sorry for you morons who think a bikini is somehow OMG, MY EYES! MY EYES! Babies

January 12, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Grandma

How sad that those of us who chose to watched CNN with our grandchildren had to be subjected to Kathy Griffin – an air hogging, narcissistic, humorless, crass and obnoxious irritant instead of a joyful time to wecome in the new year. I wonder how many others were forced to change the channel when she chose to disrobe to get MORE attention like a two year old.If CNN contiinues to hire this low-class person, the network's judgment and integrity are questionable.

January 8, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phivie Marquez

I absolutely agree with you. I don't even understand why Anderson Copper would lower himself to her level and her trashy mouth on air. She is disgusting and CNN should not have her on. Ryan Seacrest is the best to watch. He doesn't have to talk trash to be liked unlike Kathy. Shame on you Anderson Cooper for going along with her disgusting self.

January 1, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Denise

Looks like my post was removed. I said Kathy looked cheap and acted juvenile. Not even cute. Just made a fool of herself. Can't believe she was allowed on CNN as such taking off her clothes at Times Square. Wasn't at all appropriate for the occasion.

January 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kathy G fan

I thought Kathy Griffin was quite funny. And, for a woman in her 50's, she has a right to be proud of that body! (speaking from another woman in her 50's). I say, "Be proud and be bold, Kathy!" Anyone who thinks otherwise can Suck it! Kathy and Anderson were by far the most entertaining network on New Year's Eve. I love Anderson's giggle in response to Kathy's bizarro humor.

January 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Davehuckleberry

I saw Griffin on New Year's Eve prancing around in her bra and, yup, she is still "D" list. Anderson looked rather pleased and well you know....

January 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. milkthebull

Did anyone see the article on Anderson's reaction?

January 5, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. libsliealways

When she played overseas for the troops, the troops boo'd her............tells you everything you need to know Griffith in a bra troops fiegning throwing up and booing.............hmmmmmmmmmm

January 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LibsLieAlways

Only Anderson Cooper would associate with a known hate monger classless non funny C__nt.....
    She is as attractive as Rosie Odonnel without makeup after a head on, yes that classy and attractive as a woman a person and a comedian....just looking at her is the greatest male diet plan in existence.....

January 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SKY

FACT: ANDERSON KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WHEN HE HAD KATHY WITH HIM!
    HE WANTS TO BE THE SHY BOY A TOUCH AND GO THING....
    AND KATHY WANTS HIM, A SHOCK YOU GET YOU –
    MAYBE IT WORKED!

January 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bill

I watched CNN coverage of NYE and took a break for another drink after catching a view of Griffin in her bra. What a sorry ol' gal. A "rockin' body" ?? Yeah, right! Even Nancy Grace or even my ex-wife looks better than that...and that's sayin' something! Next year have one of your female news people do the bra thing...maybe Erin ? Now we're talkin' ratings!!

January 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Debba

I love Kathy. Does she step over the line? Yep, sometimes. That's what I like about her. She has visited the troops over in Iraq at least 4 times. She IS a good person. I love how she makes fun of the celebrities that deserve it. She is also gay friendly & even hetero's love her for that. She is kind of like the 'Inquirer' of comics. I don't care for Jeff Dumham but I don't rant about him. I just ignore him. It's called CHOICE people.

January 4, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Michael

I don't mind Anderson at all but KG is trash. CNN has lowered themselves even further by bringing that trash on their show. She is an arrogant, pretencious bigot who went on about how she drives a Masseradi and how Cooper's BMW as an "entry level" car. I hope the 99% appreciate her for that. Then she went on to bash Christians, etc. Full disclaimer: I'm agnostic but I am respectful to whatever others want to do with their lives.
    This show would have been better with just Anderson Cooper. Leave the trash out next time.

January 4, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  17. sneezy

KG is an attention wh*re. She should make a resolution to go away in 2012.

January 4, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  18. Grg

Anderson and Kathy were the best! I could watch them all day!

January 4, 2012 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  19. JM mcramsey

Kathy was a total disgrace on the New Year's Eve program. She is not funny and is crude in every comment. AC is so much above this woman!! He has class and she has none. Please take her off next year, or I will never watch this program again or anything with her on it. Love AC but not with HER!!

January 3, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. J.R. Holbrook/ Sundance Host

I love you Anderson and Kathy you were great again this year but I think I should host with you next year and be the referee! Hello...that would be super FUN!
    PS. See you at Sundance Film Festival 2012!

January 3, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. whatever

@jimmy jammy –
    "...Newts wifes face could cut glass" lol that was funny as he\\..

January 3, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. whatever

@jimmy jammy –
    "Newts wifes face could cut glass" lol that was funny...

January 3, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. mjs

She is a sicko and not funny, ugly and all the plastic surgery in the world will not help her, she is disgusting and Hollywood and CNN news needs to stop promoting this sorry excuse for a human being, and NBC , ABC, CBS ALSO....

January 3, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Xanatos

Kathy Griffin + live camera time = desperate unfunny hack-comedienne

January 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Annia

She is sometimes "funny", but I would gladly give her $5 to keep her clothe on.

January 3, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Anna

It's not just Republicans who don't care for Griffin – she's an equal opportunity bore fest... Why would I buy her book? I've had way too much of her already... I wish the networks would just cover NYE celebrations around the world – much more interesting than the pseudo celebs posing and the stuff that passes for hip and funny now. Maybe Ricky Gervais should be asked to host – now that would be funny!

January 3, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Timme62

Arlene:But look at her neck. It's at least twice her age.

Best comment here!!

January 3, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  28. schmelvin

Hey Anderson-two things-you're gay and all her "stuff" is fake anyway!

January 3, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Josh

You guys that are so freaking stiff should go back to your tea party parlor meeting and watch the Iowa Caucuses unravel. Kathy is a comedic genius who added life to an otherwise dull program. She and Anderson were HYSTERICAL! Her book pretty much sums up what she's about, so read it–once you put down Sarah Palin's that is. Way to go CNN, thanks for giving me something other than JustinA Beiber to watch–since i'm not a 12 year old girl.

January 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjs

Josh you must be as demented and immoral as her, funny no no no. I do not know one person who likes her, normal american democrats and republican think she is a sorry excuse for a human being.

January 3, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Livon

It was a New Years Eve show for Pete's sake! I can see how she would rub some people the wrong way. Change the channel for sure. Myself, I got a kick out of how she made Anderson laugh especially if it was a nervous one. Everyone has a right to their opinion on the show. But can't we for once not bring politics into a stupid New Years Even show? Some people just love to fight.

January 3, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rolling my Eyes

Guess the New Year's resolution to not make an as& of herself is off the checklist. Why do they keep asking the never weres (not even a has been)...back? Two words for ya....Desparate and Pathetic

January 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Really? Really?

OH my eyes my eyes!! It burns!! Kathy Griffin in a bra? Scuse me I need to use the restroom I think my breakfsst is making a comeback.

January 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Russ

If a clothing company had any sense. They'd ask Anderson to endorse a T-shirt line.

January 3, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Nat Q

That this is what CNN and Anderson Cooper have to stoop to to get some ratings on New Year's Eve is nothing short of embarrassing.

January 3, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Pat

I think there are far more interesting guest to co with Anderson than Kathy Griffin. She is rude and isn't very funny. I hope you rethink who you put in that position next year.

January 3, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Zehra Hasan

We turned on the TV to see the countdown to bring in the new year. Thinking that CNN is one of the most reputable media stations in the country, I told the kids to put on CNN. I was appalled to see the disgusting and cheapening sight of Kathy Griffin practically nude. Is this the level to which CNN has sunk? It is very unfortunate to see the media condone such tawdry acts.

January 3, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  37. skyguy1054

Nancy Grace is on TWICE a night and folks are upset about Kathy Griffin?

January 3, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  38. MGNBRN8

Hahahaha you people are so uptight. Who cares!? It was funny!! Happy New Year, Kathy! ;)

January 3, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  39. Prof Vanastros

Give me a stroked-out Dick Clark, in a wheelchair, drooling on himelf, on life-support....over AC + Kathy G...any day!

January 3, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  40. billy jester

Despite our love for Andreson Cooper, my family decided not to watch CNN for the countdown because we find nothing funny or entertaining about cathy griffin. Having heard about her most recent, attention getting antics, we now know that out decision was the right one, and we urge cnn to replace her next year with somebody with more talent and wit. We would suggest ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER, who also looks a alot better unclothed!!

January 3, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  41. Jan Armstrong

Actually, none of the New Year's Eve shows are worth watching – they trot out the same tired stuff every year. Why not skip them altogether?

January 3, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  42. Jan Armstrong

Kathy Griffin has zero class. Not funny, not interesting, not worth watching...

January 3, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  43. Muta Baruka

When she's done taking off her clothes, perhaps she could shuffle off this mortal coil as well.

January 3, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. jimmy jammy

Bachman is a nut job. Palin is a loser. Newts wifes face could cut glass. All women should be at home with their children.

January 3, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  45. Grumpster

Nothing we can't see in a Penny's catalog...no big deal.

January 3, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  46. CN Red

LM AO!

January 3, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  47. avgthinker

I thought it was great. Americans take their selves way to seriously. Europe has naked orange juice commercials and we freak out over the littlest thing. She rocks.

January 3, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  48. lscgroomer

I never noticed her until I started getting emails telling me to boycott her; been a big fan since then. I DVR'd the whole thing, then only watched it when she was on–she's my hero. She says things most of us only wish we had the nerve (and the wit) to say. And at 51, she has a GREAT body. As for flaunting her wealth with a car, she's given back a lot more than others with the same options. Anyone who didn't approve, or didn't like, could have changed the channel to the other twits that were on.

January 3, 2012 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
  49. Thatguy371

Gee, I'm shocked and saddened that I missed it. Usually try to hurl at least once a day. This would've helped 'the cause'.

January 3, 2012 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  50. jj

Kathy can be very funny in her stand up. She was absolutely disgusting and embarassing on NYE. Pathetic, rude, disrespectful, and downright stupid. She needs to rebrand herself and evolve. YUCH!

January 3, 2012 at 3:08 am | Report abuse |
  51. Fallen

Wow!all the seriousness she's a comic,I see a lot of you still haven't been laid yet this year.Hurry up before you snap on someone that might hurt you lol.

January 3, 2012 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  52. Danko Ramone

There's no narcissism here. She's playing a stage role, it was a prank, utilizing discomfort rather than exageration as it's comedic device.

January 3, 2012 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  53. southbeach girl

An interesting combo, these two. One plays off the other. But Kathy tries w-a-y too hard! Turn it down about 75 notches, Kathy. The harder you try, the less funny you become.......... Really!........... Sometimes less is more( not in the stripping LOL ;we didn't need that)................ Keep going exactly as you are, Anderson. Your real self comes shining through.

January 3, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  54. John

Too many of you are far too judgmental and jaded about this thing...

Kathy is a comedian and she is there because see makes a spectacule of herself and has fun with Anderson, this is a show about a shiney ball moving down a pole I don't see how highbrow they could make it! The woman has a good body for a woman of any age and thank God she isn't uptight about showing it off, she looks good. If all you people can watch Lady Gaga,those three retarded sisters, and the scores of other Paris Hiltons and not complain then be grateful that a hot chick with a brain and some actual skill put on a show.

January 3, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  55. Mimi LaRue

Kathy Griffin again? Ugh! She is such old news. Not to mention the fact that she has to be the whitest person on Earth (and I mean skin color). She needs a couple of pints of blood and then she might not look like a corpse. Kathy, get a little bit of sun – please! I agree that when a celeb is always stripping off, they have little left to offer.

January 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  56. larrydavid

Liberals take voting cues from people like this.

January 2, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • pm

As long as they don't vote for the group that the GOP has put forth, I don't care what the reason is.

January 3, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  57. Prof Vanastros

Sarah, um why do you think people have a problem with nudity? We just don't want to see a 51 yo woman in her bra. She wasn't nude BTW. And don't give Joan Rivers any ideas. That senile old bat is wacked enough to try this on Fashion Police.

January 2, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • pm

Did you read "On The West Coast" reply? Some people ARE stuck on the nudity thing, even though she wasn't nude...

January 3, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  58. Steve Lyons

What a cheap looking HO!. Call Bill Clinton, he'd do her.

January 2, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  59. DC

CNN = creepy nonsensical network

January 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. On the west coast...

We let our young children (4 and 6) stay up until 9 to watch the ball drop in NY. We thought it would be a nice family tradition. They were very excited about it. When KG went into her routine we had to shut it off. Thanks, CNN and Ms. Griffin, for ruining New Year's for our children. You are shameless.

January 2, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

I was glad my son had fallen asleep on the couch by then so I wouldn't have to explain what thee tasteless, unfunny crone was about.

January 3, 2012 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • pm

Come on now. So, you don't take your kids to the pool or the beach, or let them look at clothing catalogs because they might see a bra and some skin? Get a clue. Americans frak when some skin is shown, but our kids see dozens of violent acts daily in real life and on TV and we don't seem to care, but a nip shot and were all totally offended.

January 3, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  61. Kellie

I was flipping through the channels when I saw Anderson Cooper. I really like him but his cohost...big loser! What an example she set for a major news network. CNN, what is wrong with you? That was very poor taste. Did she even think about what would happen if the audience joined in with her? The NYPD did not need to deal with more chaos caused by a want-to-be star.

January 2, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  62. sarah S

why are so many people offended by a woman in her bra? i don't understand the opposition to a naked, well in this case half-naked, body. for as long as i can remember i've never been able to understand this issue people have with nudity.

January 2, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Prof Vanastros

What, no nip-rings? How 1990-ish of Kathy.

January 2, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Whyowhy...

CNN you are a NEWS NETWORK, not COMEDY CENTRAL or VH1. Please get back to your roots and stop this madness.

January 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Joy

Not that CNN cares, but this is the last time I tune in to watch the Times Square countdown with that awkward pairing of Cooper and Griffin. This year was beyond the pale. Mr. Cooper, this does not help your image as a serious journalist. What were you thinking when you agreed to this? Was there coercion involved? An offer you couldn't refuse?

January 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Colleen

What is wrong with CNN?? I cannot respect a program that allows such behavior as Kathy G. exploited on New Year's Eve. She deserves a "black eye" from all women of any integrity. She totally spoiled the evening for all of us gathered to celebrate the entry of 2012. Anderson is to be commended for his attempt to keep the show in good taste and appealing to the general population and every age able to stay up for the NY event. We chose to change the channel to the Spanish celebration – at least they stayed dressed!!

January 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Paulsey

CNN, Kathy Griffin was hilarious and Anderson Cooper was funny too, I laughed out loud for nearly two hours. For the haters, why didnt you watch New Years Rockin Eve without Dick Clark? You missed it, they counted down the last fourty years of awful music performances, from Three Dog Night to Jennifer Lopez.

January 2, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jill

CNN is brilliant having the duo do their show. Who in their right mind would watch CNN on New Years Eve if they were not doing the show? I am 60 years old and love, love, love Kathy Griffin. No, I am not gay.... She is bawdy and hysterical.... BTW- I do not like the F word being used normally, I overlook it when she does....

January 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Anthony Tascarella

Kathy Griffin's behavor was inappopiate. Many families, including their children were watching her partially disrobe.
    If someone in the crowd had done the same they would have been cited.
    I hope that next year I will not have to censor the show before my grandchildren can watch it.
    Please clean it up or change the show.

January 2, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  70. anonymous

I'm really surprised at how negative people are about this. If you don't like Kathy Griffin, don't watch her. Obviously, enough people find her hilarious enough to tune in to this so that CNN keeps having her on for this. I can't believe how the comments section of so many things has become a place for human beings to spread so much hatred, regardless of the subject. It really stuns and saddens me anytime I happen to glance through them. :-(

January 2, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  71. ooperhays

It's a SHAME NETWORK W/ NO SHAME PEOPLE! Even writing a blog about how PURPOSELY they COULD NOT STAND GOOD ON THEIR "WORD"- "NO NUDITY" " NO CURSING"! It was all done w/ the hopes 4 getting ratings up w/ TRASH JOKE & MOCKERY 4 "FUN"! Kathy G knew exactly what she was doing to boost up her viewers! And @CNN KNEW SHE WOULD DO IT, @CNN hoped to get its ratings up w/ that! Bc r u KIDDING ME THAT NO ONE SAW KATHY G UNDRESSING, like the producers, cameramans??? What @CNN arrogantly wants to THINK is, NON FAMOUS PEOPLE R STUPID! NON FAMOUS VIEWERS won't CATCH their ACT! It's a SHAME NETWORK W/ NO SHAME PEOPLE W/ HYPOCRISY, & DOUBLE-STANDARDS...

January 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  72. vidz

omgg that girl was a cahtter box she shouldnt have been on the nev years eve special HORBBLIE

January 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  73. chris

Seriously, this is like the third time I've seen her stripped down recently. Good for her for being happy with her body, but it's getting old already, and we don't care. Now if it was, say Jack Black or Will Ferrell that would have been awesome!

January 2, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Joanie

Can't stand her, she's not funny & hard to look at. She has no class, and as much as I respect Anderson, he looked rather silly when she forced a kiss on him. Shame on CNN, bad taste all around.

January 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Steve

Kathy Griffin may be the single most obnoxious "celebrity" (I use that term extremely loosley here) on the planet. This no talent hack has been annoying people for years. I don't care what her body looks like, she makes me gag. I feel sorry for the woman. She knows she has no talent so ever increasingly she uses her body to get attention. I hope she at least tucked it back when she/he disrobed, for Anderson's sake.

January 2, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. m

Seriously, someone was willing to pay to see her. Someone is surely desperate.

January 2, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  77. obx64

kathy griffin is one of the most annoying and obnoxious people on the planet - i really don't know why cnn insists on putting her on-screen with a class act like anderson cooper.
    PLEASE don't put her on again next yr - she's horrible! – and not at all funny.

January 2, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  78. cs

I keep hoping she won't come back to CNN for New Year's Eve but so far my prayers have not been answered.

January 2, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  79. tillzen

Kathy Griffin vamping reminds me of North Korean tourism. The visa to enter North Korea is free but to leave costs you your soul.

January 2, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Donkey Party

So many uptight people on this board. Is your life that miserable?

January 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  81. bill

I love Kathy but New Years with Anderson is getting boring, same old gags

January 2, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  82. JM

Working on her next career; washed up celeb doing blue movies...

January 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  83. can1yon

Keep up the good work Kathy!

January 2, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barb

By "good work", you mean disrobing in front of millions of viewers? Nice...

January 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Ian

She's great. I'm probably her only "straight" male fan, but I think she's spontaneous and very funny.

January 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  85. 19esmiopa50

Can't stand Kathy. CNN there are some many other females who have morales and integrity that you should consider. Can't believe you pair Anderson with this idiot. She is not funny. I think Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan or Chris Tucker and Sinbad would be hilarious together for next year. Food for thought...something different.

January 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Susan

Why do they keep letting this nutcase host on NYE??? Poor Anderson, he deserves a much better co-host!

January 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  87. FRIEDA

Once again Griffin, the queen of pathetic, retains her reputation. Because she is not talented enough to just be funny, she resorts to stupid antics that once again show her lack of brains, good taste and humor. Why Anderson Cooper is so enamored with her is a mystery to everyone I know, it certainly brings into question his credibility as a reporter. I just wonder if he gets a "tingle up his leg" when he gets around her as he becomes like a giggly school boy with a crush! Are there not any real funny people around anymore? Are we as a society so jaded and tarnished we have to settle for LAME, over the top antics, or humor that is hurtful or critical to someone else. HOW SAD IS THAT!

January 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Lean Green

@bezerkur why?

January 2, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  89. April Vosburgh

Didn't Fox have coverage for you conservatives? Start those tweets for next year. Then you can leave Anderson and Kathy for those of us who don't want to let people with a miniscule sense of humor decide what we can watch. Go Anderson and Kathy! Good job!

January 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

It has nothing to do with being conservative or liberal. There's a big difference between being humorous and being tacky. There is nothing classy or funny about someone who disrobes in front of millions of people.

January 2, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Lou

I can't believe all the people who watched her. That's what my remote is for. What I don't understand is why Anderson appears with her' Enough said.

January 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  91. lynn

I love Anderson Cooper and I think that Kathy helps him loosen up and show a more fun side to his personality. They are a great duo and. Much more entertaining than Ryan Seacrest. They. Are a good match. CNN don't change a thing!!

January 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Vanilla Gorilla

there is a bounty on vermin like KG in IOWA – that is why she isn't there

January 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  93. rparker

Kathy Griffin is an embarrasment. She drags down the entire CNN team. Another good reason not to watch CNN.

January 2, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  94. really concerned

I really question the casting in this organization. Kathy Griffin? I'm sure there were more intelligent and funnier guests you could have gotten. Did you wait too long to ask? Did New Years come up too fast?? Rethink this for next year, please?

January 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  95. maxhedroom

If she was trying to lure him back to the other team it's not going to work. Scarlett Johannsen maybe, but not KG.

January 2, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  96. michael

i like her.her body rocks and all you critics are probably fat women. she may be vulgar but at least she isnt a born again christian hypocrite

January 2, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Yes, her body rocks...for a 50 year old woman. Congrats to her team of plastic surgeons and fitness trainers...or her if she did it on her own. I'm not a fat woman nor am I a christian hypocrite. I like to get down with the rest of them. I just don't think the traditional Times Square ball drop on NYE is the appropriate venue for her antics. She should save it for her D-List (or whatever it's called) show.

January 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Harvey

Anderson Cooper looked real silly standing beside Kathy Griffin all night just laughing and looking totaly embarrassed. I hope he wasn't laughing because he thought she was funny (I thought he was smarter than that) She should not be asked to come back, viewers will switch to ABC permanently like we did. Absolutely terrible.

January 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Terri

Thought Kathy was really annoying and had to finally change the station. She just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Don't care about the bra thing, just the constant talk talk talk. I had watched her tv show previously and normally like her, but this bit was just annoying. Like Anderson.

January 2, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  99. JR

LOVE Anderson and Kathy! They are the best ODD couple are are very entertaining! Her antics to get him to loosen up are great! People need to lighten up! This is definitely better than Dick Clark!! We'll be watching them every year!

January 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  100. gordo

Hoping to see a boot y shot...or thong.... nothing wrong with getting down. stop being so stuffed shirty...

January 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  101. stella

Griffin is such a goof. Obviously she would do anything for attention.. totally obnoxious...What does she do the other 364 days of the year ? She is not funny just annoying. Cooper is cool, he needs someone up there on new years who is his equal but with class also.

January 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sunny Murchison

The woman knows she is on her way out from pop culture. She knew what she did would cause media controntroversy. BTW, where is her daughter? Or her son? Are they minors? If not, get a contract with mother next New Year's! A travesty, needless to say.

January 2, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Kat

Absolutely hysterical...so many people look forward to these two every year. CNN – if no AC + KG – would never even consider tuning into CNN. For those haters – is your remote broken? Good Grief...get a life. Flawless...thanks CNN for another great show!!!!

January 2, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  104. vegaslad

Stay oin topic, TWIT, or stfu You seem to have issues with every woman that is not your president. Would you like us to start posting what a pos we think obama is? OMG (Obama Must Go) 2012

January 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  105. vegaslad

well, 'palintwit' at least half your screen name is right....you are a twit.

January 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  106. mrs. mom

Well i didn't even see her act so i can't really give my opinion on that issue but my kids were up with me to watch the ball drop because it's an amazing thing for them to experience in my opinion, being consciously aware of a completely new year and new beginning

January 2, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  107. zoe

Speaking of tramps..you were really good at scores last night..

January 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  108. scott

Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper make an awesome, awesome duo for new years which is sure to become a cult classic. CNN, don't listen to these prunes commenting here! By that, I don't mean someone who is old (my 92 year old grandma loves them on new years) but someone who is living a constrained life with a moral facade.

January 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  109. fred ca

People...relax. It is not uncommon for a vegetable to be displayed peeled.

January 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Icepick

Come on, everybody knows Anderson Cooper is gay. What would he know about a "rockin' body" on a woman?

January 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  111. GUY LOMBARDO

When is CNN going to get it??Kathy is a classless, crude person!!! I thought after the last two years, CNN would have some sense. She is so into herself and thinks we all watch becuase of her. NOT!!! Gid rid of this trash once and for all. CNN, you are lettng this trulip lower your standard of quality . Are you that dumb? SHE IS NOT FUNNY OR ENTERTAINING.

January 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  112. COLLEEN GEORGANTAS

How absolutely disgusting of her to do this....she should be fired !!!!
    Many young children stay up and watch the ball drop at New Years !!!!
    Leave it to this untalented classless tramp to try and steal all the attention on New Years !!!
    FIRE HER !!!!!

January 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jackson01

Palintwit, your comment was tacky and utterly irrelevant.

January 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  114. hannah01

Well, I guess since she's had everything tucked, pulled and lifted, she decided to show it off...cuz, lord knows,,,she is one homely broad. Just look at that schnoz!...And that's one of the parts she had 'fixed!'

January 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • 10ecvols

She's rocking hot for a 50-year-old woman. . . more power to her. . . Kathy, you look awesome, girl. Love the bra and you didn't show anything we haven't seen at the pool or the beach. . . well. . . except most 50 year old women don't rock the suit like you do. You go, girl! (If I had the money you had, I would be tucked, too, so good for you!)

January 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sunny

Yes, she has a great body for her age. But, seriously, did she HAVE to do that? She couldn't have come up with a classier way to grab attention?

January 2, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Sly Sadie

Why are you people so surprised by her behavior? She is known for that kind of humor. If you found her so objectionable, why didn't you watch the ball drop on another station! My next question, what were you all doing home in the first place?

January 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  116. denise

AC, I love and watch you nightly but I will never understand why CNN allows her to do the NYE show. Please next year find some with more class. She is a psychology text book cry for help and attention. No more CNN, that's why I watched ryan seacrest. So much more CLASS

January 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  117. peter

She is not funny at all ,copper is not good for these kind of program over all the worst new year show I hope CNN wont repeat them again.

January 2, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. manhandler

What is it about these comments sections that attract so many grumpy, nasty people who take themzselves waaaay too seriously. Must be one heck of a miserable way to conduct your life, Love it, Kathy........keep irritating the haters.

January 2, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

I don't think she's irritating the haters at all. We're not haters; we honestly don't care what she thinks. We're commenting because "everyone loves a train wreck."

January 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  119. zoe

Oh suck you it c**nt. Acting all holier than thou..you're still going to hell...you remember xmas '97..ya gonna burn!!

January 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Randy swain girl

Wow this world is ccrraazzyy!!!

January 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Emily

All these commenters need to realize you're giving Kathy Griffin exactly what she wants- attention. Her whole reality show was based around pulling off ridiculous puplicity stunts to get her off the D list. She is probably reading all these comments and loving every single one. She might even read some in her next special. I think she's brilliant. Four for you, Glen Coco. You go, Glen Coco.

January 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  122. barbara451

she was hysterically funny and a brilliant wit. Placing her with uptight AC was a piece of genius. If you listened to her, there was a constant stream of ad lib funny comical one liners. That takes talent. All of you prudes just need to watch another station. Don't try to ruin it for people who are not trying to change the place into a lackluster, boring, and un-smart world.

January 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • judy

You MUST be kidding......I'd say about 98 percent of those who watched that pathetic display don't agree. As for "unsmart" world, seems that's the place the Griffin fans inhabit. Pity you don't expect more from television entertainment, but don't try to bring people with standards down to that level. We're not that easily convinced.

January 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Barbara... Agree 100%. She had total control of the situation and was fantasically hilarious. Teaming prudish AC with Kathy was a perfect match. Loved it.

January 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • rs1201

you don't have to be vulgar, offensive, and totally rude to be entertaining. I just saw Jerry Seinfeld live in Las Vegas and he was hilarious without using a single crude or offensive comment...and he wore a suit and tie for the whole show!!!!

January 3, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  123. ColtadoMike

When is CNN going to fire her from this annual gig? She is tasteless, foul-mouthed, unfunny, unimaginative, and pathetic! Way to kill whatever hopes you have of attracting advertisers for New Years Eve, CNN!

January 2, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  124. LibelFreeZone

Kathy Griffin = no class whatsoever. I ALWAYS turn her off when she appears in my home.

January 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Ann

This Kathy woman is a pathetic specimen of an old woman who needs attention and the only way she can get attention is by being vulgar and crass. She is old and it shows. There are so many older women who are absolutely good looking. This one’s not only dumb, she is ugly. Poor thing. By the way I am a fan of CNN and Anderson is definitely not in the top rank of reporting. Hmmmmm, no wonder he agreed to co host with whatever her name.

January 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Ohh! you have a very deep problem. Full of bitterness and vitriol. I suggest you seek counselling for your own mental health. Sad...

January 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • rs1201

Firstly, Griffin is hardly old by any standards...unless you're 5. She's 51 years old. However, she is crude and vulgar. Anderson is the opposite of all that and I still am totally annoyed by his liberal views. I don't watch any program that has Griffin on because I just don't find her funny...she's offensive...but not because I think she's old (which she's not) or ugly (which she's not)...I just don't find her entertaining.

January 3, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
    • pm

RS1201...She IS ugly and although 51 isn't really that old by today's standards, 51 is certainly too old to be showing us your fake body...not to mention she wasn't even hot when she was 21... Don't mind her as a comedian, but is she having a mid life crisis or what?

January 3, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  126. Randy swain girl

That is very gross nobody should do that in public

January 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  127. me

How they could let her share the screen with Cooper is beyond me to begin with, he is all class and she has none. along with no talent what so ever. She disgusts me and I turn her off whenever she is on tv...Anderson you should have asked for a better co host...she actually thought that was funny with children watching????? and how could the station let her do that. Cnn I am ashamed of you.

January 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roland Sannchez

Kathy was definately IN HEAT THE WAY SHE WAS ACTING–RUBBING ALLOVER aNDERSON

January 9, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  128. loveher

Love both of them!! If everyone understood that they are actually good friends and Kathy is known to give the conservative Cooper a hard time, it makes it even funnier. It amazes me how everyone likes to call Kathy narcissistic but hey, that's her business and how she makes money. Sorry I didn't think of it! You guys are great together and I hope to see you together hosting in the future!! Keep up the fun!

January 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  129. jonnymadamada

Never cared for Griffen. Not funny just obnoxious. However I have long considered getting naked at some point on New Years eve as a sign that the party was really heating up. Just old fashioned I guess

January 2, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  130. karen Austin

No, one doesn't have to watch, if one doesn't want to watch the ball drop! But for CNN to continue to hire this
    amoral, narcissistic woman to force us to watch her or Dick Clark is ridiculous. There are many good role models
    who would better fit with Anderson Cooper. It makes him look bad and makes the show intolerable to have to
    watch her try to be the attention getter rather than celebrating everyone's New Year!

January 2, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  131. paul

I am glad she did it. anything that makes republicans upset is fine by me. oh and everyone complaining about their kids seeing someone in their bra at midnight. maybe you should be a better parent and put your kids to bed before midnight. you mad?

January 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Maybe you should get your head out of your democratic butt and realize that NYE is a family celebration for many. Or do you think NYE is only for drinking and partying, and that fireworks are just for adults?

January 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  132. antikathy

I used to barely tolerate KG but her act is lame; she looks desperate. I don't get AC's interest in her. I can't believe CNN allows this every year. The Goblin thing was stupid; I changed the channel after that. Why can't there be something on NYE that appeals to adults......

January 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  133. lag

CNN...stop reporting tweets!! CNN the new figurehead of the dumbing down of America!

January 2, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  134. 10ecvols

CNN is a news channel, but a NYE celebration is not news. It's entertainment. Kathy and Anderson are great together on NYE. It's an annual ritual in our household watching her torment Anderson and a great way to start the New Year – with laughter! If one lets the SI Swimsuit Calendar or the Victoria's Secret TV special into their home, this was much less offensive. Most of the pop singers today are also more revealing in terms of costumes and shock value. After a very tough 2011, surely we can have 2 hours of not taking ourselves so seriously. Keep it up, Kathy and Anderson. My 80 year parents watch this program with us and laugh right along – they get it's entertainment and nothing more!

January 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wills

I couldn't agree more! It's nice to see Cooper relaxed and less guarded, we have 364 other days for that. New Years eve parties are for adults, go to Disney channel if you want kid/family friendly. Keep 'em together they are the only watchable show.

January 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • judy

Please do not try to sell me or anyone else with a brain the idea that what Kathy Griffin does is entertainment. I suspect the majority of the American public is not stupid enough to buy that. I, for one, expect real entertainment or the advertisers supporting CNN on New Year's Eve can count me out. Won't be watching.

January 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

My sentiments exactly......I love how, as you said, she "torments Anderson". He never knows what's coming next with her. And yes, people have to relax....

January 2, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Emelia

They do this every year, and every year you end up here complaining for a week, and then we repeat the cycle. Just don't watch it if you don't like her. Problem solved.

January 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Ron B

It's sad..... Kathy used to be funny!

January 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  137. mcox

Between Griffin and the Goblin that was the worst thing I've ever seen on CNN. I've lost a lot of respect for Cooperand CNN. Two words, Anderson: journalistic integrity.

January 2, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim

I was completely flabbergasted at the New Year's coverage..Agreed..that Goblin thing was downright frightening...what in the World did it have to do with celebrating a new year? And, Kathy was embarrasing. I will no longer watch the ball drop on New Year's eve. It used to be a lovely celebration of saying good bye to the old year and looking forward to the new....now, it is simply crass. I am shaking my head in sadness at the level we have sunken to as a country.

January 2, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat

I couldn't have said it better, Kim. I didn't watch this year because I knew she would be on. To me, she is not the least bit entertaining...at NYE or any other time...with or without her clothes. She is a has-been hoping to boost her ratings.

January 2, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Tom Bruce

It's just her on-going attemt to get Anderson to switch teams.

January 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Bob Marley

I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. Who ever declared this red headed tard funny?

Just curious.

January 2, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  140. skippermccowan

The only thing more painful than watching a completely unfunny person trying to be funny, is watching Anderson laughing moronically at her attempts. What a waste of time.

January 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Jeffer65

Good body thanks to surgery, but she took the joke too far and too long. She always was kind of annoying, but I don't understand all the intense haterd for her. The outfit she put on looked pretty bad.

January 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane gordon

Oh, I understand how off putting Griffin can be. But on New Year's she was trying much too hard, which made her delivery very unfunny. It's not enough to be outrageous, I think. You have to be witty, too. And she really isn't. Joking about how long she prepared for the evening didn't help.

January 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Hockeyn109

Once again a libtard has problem concentrating and staying on the topic.

January 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  143. hockeyn109

This hideous thing will do anything to try and stay relevant and in the news.

January 2, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Frugalq

I'm dissapointed that I am dumb enough to read and comment about Kathy Griffin.

January 2, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat

I agree. I can't believe how much time I've wasted. She is a train wreck..with or without her clothes.

January 2, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  145. laura p. harkins

I feel so sorry for her

January 2, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • mike

If you saw the house she was able to buy by doing stuff like this you wouldn't be saying that trust me

January 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Rachel

She has never made me laugh. I listen to Paula Poundstone on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on a weekly basis and Poundstone makes me laugh outloud every time she's on.

January 2, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  147. Larry

She's just a loudmouth, tasteless piece of filth. 'nuf said.

January 2, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  148. Tudy

Totally disgusting is all I can say about New Year's Eve show with Kathy Griffin & Anderson Cooper. I've always respected Anderson, but he went down a few notches in my book. Kathy Griffin is totally about Kathy Griffin and totally gross to boot! If Anderson wants to gain his respect back, he needs to dump Kathy. And to think she's a pal with his mom! You blew it CNN-I will not be watching next year if this woman is on again.

January 2, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  149. kayaker247

Kathy rocks.

January 2, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • kardic

KG absolutely rocks! For once staying in on NYE was a good time. She was determined to make Cooper giggle like a little girl and she did!

January 2, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Terry

I'm still trying to decide which was worse – Dick Clark or Kathy Griffin. It was like switching from one train wreck to another. we only switched it on a few minutes before midnight. For 2012/2013 it will be seconds and then back to regular broadcasting.

January 2, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Steve-O

Hah! The joke is on you....there will be no 2013.

January 2, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • hannah01

I agree. God Bless Dick Clark...but he needs to hang it up now.

January 2, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

Seriously. I've watched Dick since I was a little kid but come on. Even Guy Lombardo knew whe to hang it up. That was almost as painful as watching that loser Griffin!

January 3, 2012 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  151. pconley

Sorry, but there is something wrong with that woman.

January 2, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  152. luciano

Really anderson you are the mainstay of this network and you try to put on a serious nightly news show and you appear year after year with this base and classless rude and inmoral person, I guess its just about ratings after all...you have totally lost me

January 2, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Of course it's about the ratings, which is exactly why they keep asking her back each year.

January 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Bob

I'm no fan of Palin but what does she have to do with this story? That's right, nothing.

January 2, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  154. bezerkur

a rockin body complete with nips and tucks and ejections countless hours at spas and hair coloring and treatments. you cougars really need to accept things and get out of your denial phase and act your age.

January 2, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  155. 2013

I'm cool w/Anderson but why don't we get Kathy & Joan Rivers their own show next year, filled with annoying banter. That way I can watch CNN w/o having to endure Griffin's abrasive personality. I'm sure she's cool in person but that's nothing I want to ring in the new year with. First time I can remember switching the channel from CNN to Seacrest, which also sucked.

January 2, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  156. Java5613

She should have never been allowed to "host". The networks know her antics – which the majority of Americans do not appreciate, and yet they continue to put her in front of a camera. RUINED the celebratin with or without her clothes on. Her antics are getting way old!

January 2, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • 2013

'zactly.

January 2, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Java... Your logic is wrong. Network TV runs on the principle of maximizing revenue & profits. If they keep booking her that means she places well in the ratings. This means most people must find her entertaining. $$$ do the voting.

January 2, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • dseeburg

The majority? really? and what research did you do to support that claim? If she's on year after year there is a reason. If the rating were that bad or if people complained a lot she would be replaced. Obviously its not as bad as the morons posting on here like to think it is.

January 3, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  157. msk

She is crude and crass and made the program totally unwatchable. I turned her off. If AC is trying to look more "everyman", this is not the way to do it. I don't understand her appeal to AC and Piers Morgan, and cannot imagine what demographic this stripping scene is geared toward attracting, but saddened to have to turn off CNN every time she appears.

January 2, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • diane gordon

How could Anderson Cooper ever be "every man"??? He's a Vanderbilt. I agree that Kathy Griffin is pretty gross, but in a way, the combination of the two is emblematic of American culture. Their last New Year's, however, was a real low point.

January 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

MSK.. You turned me off.

Thank-you Kathy for a good laugh to start the New Year :)

January 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Grim Reaper

Palintwit you go with Griffin over Palin....you'd probably eat the corn out of ACs BM.

January 2, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  159. Chad

I cant believe that Anderson Cooper continues to host new years eve with this person. I think he is one of the best reporters on the air and I admire him for his professionalism. Kathy Griffin however is morally uncouth and vile.
    CNN...I'm dissapointed in your choice of hosts. And unfortunately until that changes, your not coming into my home on NYE. I dont want my children "exposed" to whatever antics you will allow to boost your ratings.

January 2, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Emily

Why are your children even awake? Good conservative parents usually put them to bed early. And you can choose to change the channel. This country needs to lighten up.

January 2, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kat

Seriously, Emily?! It was New Year's Eve. Many "good" families celebrate together, allowing the kiddos to blow horns, bang pots and pans, and watch the fireworks, and then put them to bed. Lighten up.

January 2, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej

Some NYE shows are familly-friendly, some really aren't, and so what? There are a hundred of them on Cable every New Year's Eve, so pick the one you want your kids to see. I'm not a big Kathy Griffin fan, but clearly this was exactly what they expected and wanted from her. They've done this before. They know what to expect. It's exactly why they hire her. If you don't like it, don't watch.

January 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pablo

Anderson doesn't match up well with Kathy. He has some class (even if bland) and she has none. A strange match up. Some TV exec is so proud of himself making that decision that appears moronic to the rest of us.

January 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  160. SashaNYC

Go Kathy!! Fantastic!! CNN – pairing Anderson Cooper with Kathy is the best decision you guys have made in YEARS! I think they're hysterical together! Don't change a thing with your NYE coverage and you'll keep millions of us fans (of both Anderson and Kathy) happy and tuned in!

January 2, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • msk

But clearly won't attract most of the people who have commented here.

January 2, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Kat

And clearly won't attract anyone with intelligence.

January 2, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Sasha – Agreed!! She made me laugh out loud with tears. That is scientifically proven to be good for ones health. Thank-you Kathy :)

January 2, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  161. bob

Griffin may have a rockin' bod but should doesn't have an ounce of class. Somewhere, a trailer park has lost it's idiot.

January 2, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  162. Pablo

This women actually thinks she is special. She is so caught up with herself. She is another comedian wannabe who is not funny.

January 2, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • tct

In her defense, I'm sure all those years of the school system saying she was special are probably why she thinks that way.

January 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • judy

Agreed Pablo. You'd think the network would realize this woman is a detriment to them. If she shows up again next year, I'm turning off the TV immediately.

January 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Chill, She was hilarious. You didn't see anything you would see on a beach in the summertime. Shee made me laugh and that is scientifically proven to be good for health.

Thank-you Kathy and a Very Happy New Year to You!!!!!

January 2, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • andy

Hardly a wanna be if she's making a living from it.

January 2, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mpl

So true. I've got more important things to deal with but this broad is low and Cooper is a fool to allow them to stick him with her.so full of herself. While so many of the real people are hustling to try and keep the roof and the kids ok she's going on about her f-ing Maserati! Unfunny hag.

January 3, 2012 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  163. keri scaggs

This is what you have to do when you aren't funny.

January 2, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Helen O. Troy

Well said Keri.

January 2, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

"This is what you have to do when you aren't funny" – Keri

And what's that Keri? Post on CNN? I thought she was hilarious. I also thought the prudish AC and Kathy made a good team.

January 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  164. Meri Ulrich

Kathy Griffen ruined my favorite tradition of watching the ball go down in Times Square. She is annoying and obnoxious and I have no idea why anyone hires her. She simply isn't funny. Anderson Cooper looked like a fool standing beside her and trying not be be mortified at her comments and behavior. Get rid of her and I'll continue watching CNN on New Year's Eve.

January 2, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jjones

You can change the channel! I can't stand Anderson Cooper, so I watched ABC... Do I expect CNN to fire him because I don't like him? NO. Kathy Griffin has done things like this on CNN the last several years. You should know it will happen. I am sure there are a number of viewers that watched CNN's coverage to see what Kathy would do.

January 2, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

It was the most entertaining national show on New Year's Eve. Sure beats Dick Seacrest, hands down.

January 3, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • iBob

MeriU,
      We all have a different opinion as to what we each define as humor. That being said if you are watching a NEWS channel for your NYE celebration, what does that say about you as person? AC and Kathy get along very well because of thier differences. Why is it your concern that she be FIRED before you decide to return to the network next NYE. Another thing I don't understand about your kind,(FIRE THAT PERSON because I SAID SO) is why if you don't like who or what is on a particular channel you don't just CHANGE the channel. You must have the ability almost everyone that has a TV today has this thing called a TV Remote, which gives the individual the ability to push a button without even getting up and change the channel. Even basic cable subscriptions have more channels than you could want.

January 4, 2012 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
  165. Observer

A cloying cry for attention to be sure. Griffine is a complete case study in narcissism.

January 2, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LiberalNN

Our Campaigner in Chief definitely trumps Griffin in the narcissism department. He is the ultimate case study.

January 2, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • PM

Anderson was great as usual; Kathy should not be asked to do this again.

January 2, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • gman

Good case for gay marriage....

January 2, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kent AZ

Yeah, you can tell that the narcissistic, egotistical Cooper is clearly put-off by Griffin's attempt to steal the show.

They're both obnoxious in their own way.

January 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Public

Isn't she the "Suck it Jesus" girl? I really thought she was yesterday's news and had proven herself to be so offensive that no network would work with her. I'm not a parent, but how can anyone discipline a child when a 51 year old...woman...acts this way.

January 2, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arlene

But look at her neck. It's at least twice her age.

January 2, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • peteapayne

No need for that and shame on cnn for bringing on this person. i didn,t find it funny and what was the point of bringing this idiot on for the count down. She is a unfunny person .

January 2, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joshua Ludd

Campaigner in chief? Are you kidding me? You are actually complaining about the rather small amount of campaigning the man has done for his re-election campaign? Whats next, complaining he is the oxygen breather in chief? Seriously, there are real things to complain about with Obama that are legit... him campaigning for his re-election is not one of them.

January 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej

LiberalNN, people like you are nauseating. If this had been an article about a dog show you'd find a way to bring Obama into it. Get a life, troll.

January 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • yawn

Griffin does her weekly undressing.

January 2, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ

There is not a more tasteless and classless act as Kathy Griffin. We'll see if CNN is the same – whether they invite her back next year or not

January 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • hushupp3

Kathy is getting a bit long in the tooth to carry on in that way. If I were Anderson Cooper , I'd be insulted that I am forced to work with this BOZO. I keep waiting for her to be funny. Not yet.

January 2, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • bptsj

Chill out. She was hilarious. It was funny how off-guard Anderson was caught. She didn't show anything you wouldn't see on a beach in the summertime so stop being so prudish.

Kathy, A very Happy New Year to You!!!

January 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • EMB2012HappyNewYear

So here's the thing.....you know what the program will be with Kathy and Anderson. He'll try his best to maintain a level of decorum...and she'll spend the time trying to make him (and the viewers) break that decorum. If you've seen him doing anything other than hard news, you'd see he has a great sense of humour and appreciates the...irreverent. He had Kathy on his new new show and obviously appreciates her humor....suprisingly so does his mother Gloria Vanderbilt. There are so many ...important things in life to get your self in a knot for.....a known New Year's Eve show is not one if them...if it is....I wish I had your problems. Enjoy the show if you like...if not...change the channel.

January 2, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ed flint

Please CNN enough of Kathy.

January 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • June Cleaver

I might be interested if Kathy Griffin, died otherwise this woman is totally irrelevant to me! Why is she even on TV, worst of all CNN?

January 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |