Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt duet
December 30th, 2011

Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt duet

Zooey Deschanel is showing off her musical side in a seasonal duet with her former co-star and current pal Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

The 31-year-old actress and JGL croon together on a rendition of Nancy Wilson's, "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?"

In a post accompanying the clip, Zooey explains that she's actually known Levitt, 30, for years.

"We first met in the summer of 2000 while doing a tiny movie called 'Manic'...and I have been lucky enough to call him one of my dearest friends ever since," Deschanel says of Levitt, who was also her "(500) Days of Summer" co-star. "I hope to do a thousand more movies with him because he’s simply the best."

But for now, they present to you their New Year's duet. Deschanel's Fox comedy "New Girl" returns on her birthday, January 17.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. dishwasher cleaner for hard water

Tremendous things here. I am very glad to peer your post. Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

April 12, 2012 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. Darlene Wigton

Yay! I love Zooey Deschanel!

January 5, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rick

500 Days of Summer and 2 Minutes of Winter

January 5, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sheryl

Zooey Deschanel is the worst actress ever!! Can't believe people actually watch the crap she's in.

January 3, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bryan

Nobody thinks Zooey Deschanel's cuter than Zooey Deschanel. It's obnoxious how full of herself the girl is, and how people enable her.

January 2, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sid

I remember watching Elf a few weeks ago and didn't think it was her real voice when she's singing in the shower. Now I see I was wrong.

January 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ellen

Every time Zoe Deschanel sings she sounds like this, she has no range. I love Joseph Gordon Levitt though. Zooey is so boring. Just saw that New Girl show... it's so unfortunate.

January 2, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  8. RCDC

Zooit !! I love you kid.

January 2, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. ginabobeana

So i'm marrried with a 5 month old and another in the oven and i'm totally gay for zooey. she's hot, funny, talented.

January 2, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lejkatabador

Quite good...

January 2, 2012 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. PS

Ahhh, bliss :-) I could listen to this all day, it's so sweet.

January 1, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Blessed Geek

"New Girl"'s premise that no self-respecting man wants to have intimate relationship with zooey's character is untenable – I mean zooey. Maybe if Rosie O'Donell played the part, it would have been more believable.

January 1, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Yomama

Hi

January 1, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lea

I don't hate them so don't go off on me,but I don't see anything' virginal' or'talented'about these people.

January 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dennis

Loved their duet. I like to hear more.

January 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. madhater

I would throw it in her, if only she was a whure. They post palhoe's hangover tips every year.

January 1, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  17. Twyla Ellis

This was soooooo adorable, it made my New Years Eve! As a grandmother, I have to say Zooey, you sound a lot like Melissa Manchester. Remember her a ways back? And Joseph just gets cuter and cuter since 3rd Rock. Hope y'all are best friends and not in a relationship. Friends last longer in the acting biz, it seems. And you appear so comfortable together. Thanks again for the smile!

December 31, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dave

What ever happened to Love Thy Neighbor? You don't pick them or their opinions either, but I love them all. The both of the Deschanel sisters are talented and quirky, in their own ways. But that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is equally as talented and quirky, going back to his days on 3rd Rock. The song credit was wrong but the song was well done and cute. Put me in a great frame of mind going into 2012. Happy New Year everyone!!

December 31, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. stu

I luv Joey Gordon-L. !!!!!!

December 31, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  20. vic

I liked it. Like both of them.

December 31, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lu Ann

And to noname – Really?? Talking about wasted space – you watched the video. obviously read the other stories – hated them, but took the time (and mine) to post your worthless comment about it?? Wow – hope your 2012 is a better year for you...

December 31, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • noname

Dear Lu Ann, I didn't seek out the video. I had the unfortunate experience of seeing while watchin the Today Show when the producer thought it was a good idea to put in their Friday show. I'm not a hater and I don't hate you – actually I'm wishing you a great new year. If my comment is no more worthless than yours. This is a freedom of speech forum so please don't trash me or anyone else for posting their thoughts. Can't we all just read and respect each others posts?

December 31, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lu Ann

Wow – I would have never have guessed she was 31 either! And what a beautiful voice!

December 31, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  23. noname

I'm with Muggles Rule. Really? This isn't even worth the web space. What a lame way to end 2011. Right up there with the end of Katie Perry's marriage and Paltrow's hangover tips. The world really has gone to hell. My only hope for the new year is Sears drops the Kardashian brand. Speaking of, if the brand is so great, why do they sell it Sears? Guess Saks, Barneys and Bloomingdale's took a pass.

December 31, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Margie Toscano

I just LOVED that! The cutest thing!!! They are both fantastic actors. Her voice is amazing! Didn't know he ciould sing.... awesome. The best – this put me in the mood for New Years!

December 31, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. tom

Damn...there sure are a lot of nasty mean people out there with nothing to do but slam others. I like both of them and thought that little song was really nice. Lighten up all you folks who just feel compelled to say mean things about people.

December 31, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  26. sockpuppet

PLEASE someone wipe this chick off the face of the earth. I can't stand these girls that are just so adorable they don't even know it. Real women aren't born of a virgin cupcake.

December 31, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • West Coast

Well by the looks of it, she is born of a virgin cupcake. And she is just too cute. Finally a star that is down to earth and doesn't act or think she is above all. You go cupcake!!

December 31, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Muppet Slayer

Wow. Jealous much? REAL WOMEN. Man I hate that term.

January 3, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Don Weiss

It's a little strange to hear "What are you doing New Year's Eve" referred to as a Nancy Wilson song since she was 10 years old when Frank Loesser wrote it and Ella had a much bigger hit with it than Nancy.

December 31, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  28. ShingoEX

"Zooey Deschanel is showing off her musical side"

You make it sound like she doesn't do this already in her band "She & Him"

December 31, 2011 at 3:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr.Positive

That's what Steve-O wrote just above you.

December 31, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Esteban

Maybe the line should have more aptly read "Joseph Gordon-Levitt shows off his musical side". I would have never guessed he could sing as well as act.

January 1, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  29. Steve-O

"Zooey Deschanel is showing off her musical side"? Erm... does the reporter realize Deschanel has a couple of albums under her belt recording pop and Christmas tunes with M. Ward under the She & Him moniker?

December 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  30. socalgal

She's a doll compared to her plastic faced sister.

December 30, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Asklepios

"We first met in the summer of 2000 while doing a tiny movie called 'Manic' "

Now Zooey, there was nothing tiny about that movie. Don Cheadle was in it too. It's out there for instant viewing on Netflix, and I encourage all of Netflix's 25 remaining customers to give it a look.

The amazing Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in the wild film "Brick" which is there too.

Zooey Deschanel is a French-Irish Quaker by ancestry. You don't expect Quaker girls to look like that.

December 30, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mickey

Funny how I just now noticed the similarity to Heath Ledger.

December 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Bribarian

jewbags

December 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mikrik13

I would never have guessed she is 31. I don't know why, but Zooey kind of reminds me of a female Pee Wee Herman. Only HOT!

December 30, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jackflasher

Zooey loves this:

December 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lus54ex4QFg&w=640&h=390]

December 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. San Jose

@Jerry- I second that... and I'm a hetero female!
    I love love love Zooey! She's the cutest, and NEW GIRL is great.

December 30, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Adventurer

I used to be original like you, then i toook an arrow in the knee

December 30, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnnysky

I was going to comment first, but then I took an arrow to the knee

December 30, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jerry

Zooey Deschanel is so beautiful, what I wouldn't give to be with her.

December 30, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. portalpunk

FIRSTY

December 30, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Muggles Rule

No one cares. Not funny now, wasn't funny before. Go do something with your life. ANYTHING but this. Shoo.

December 30, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • DAT

I don't know, Muggles, it was mildly amusing the first hundred times or so.

January 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • yh

you guys are all fooled..I've worked with her. She's a total diva.

January 3, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |