Kings of Leon's Caleb Followill, wife expecting baby
December 29th, 2011

Kings of Leon's Caleb Followill, wife expecting baby

Kings of Leon frontman Caleb Followill and his wife, model Lily Aldridge, are prepping for a little one, a rep for the musician's band confirms to CNN.

"We are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first child together,” the couple says in a statement. “We can't wait to meet the new addition to our family."

The singer, 29, and the Victoria’s Secret Angel, 26, married in Santa Barbara last May.

“I can’t wait to raise a family with her because she’s a great woman,” Followill told People in August of Aldridge.

Last April, Followill’s cousin Matt welcomed baby Knox to the family, and hinted at more Kings of Leon kids. “Other people in the band are getting kind of excited [to start families] now that we have a baby,” the guitarist told People.

Now that Caleb has announced his impending addition, the only holdout is drummer Nathan Followill, who married singer Jessie Baylin in 2009.

1. jasper

Congrats Caleb!! at 30 years old you will make a great dad! wishing you and your wife a lifetime of love and happiness. For all the joy you have given millions of people you deserve all the happiness in the world!! Kings of Leon forever!!!

January 1, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. vanesser

i guess the author thinks jared has kids already.....or forgot he exists

January 1, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. prove me wrong

You're all a bunch of haters. I'd like to see one person in this thread go write a song and post it on youtube so we can all judge you. KoL rock.( listen to their earlier stuff if you think they only write radio hits.)

December 30, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

It may be really big news to Southerners, but Science now knows what causes this.

December 30, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. tensor

Oh-kay, humans breed. BFD. Not news.

December 30, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. millionairedating1

I am a mature and beautiful single woman. and now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love.lol.. Ihave some photos on
    [ millionaireluv`1com ] . It is a special dating site for rich & beautiful and no scammer there, so I spend most of my time there.. My name is as the same here. e…you don’t have to be rich or handsome,I just need your sincerity. If you are interested, add me.I hope your day went well and I hope to hear from you soon.

December 30, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  7. Tzckrl

Saw the headline and was astonished at the Who Gives A Factor. K of L a boring derivative band, Who's he? She? Who cares? In a totally unrelated NEWSFLASH: I ate sashimi tonight!!

December 29, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Obamabarack

I will help her boyfriend get the guy who got her pregnant!

December 29, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. A

Just have to point out this woman would not give him the time of day if he were not a "rock star"...I use that term loosely.

December 29, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • slj123

Yeah, she's been a groupie for some time, prior to him she dated a member of Incubus and was known for going to all sorts of concerts and getting backstage to party with the bands...she wasn't a VS model back then but was still a model.

December 29, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Bob

Lies. I impregnated her – I'll admit it.

December 29, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Steve-O

If Caleb is going to be a daddy he'd better start thinking about sobering up.

December 29, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. erich2112x

When Caleb Followill sings, he sounds exactly like me when I stub my toe on the bed frame in the morning.

December 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Larry

Rise and shine all you gold digging mothers. Are you too good to tangle with the poor, poor boys?

December 29, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. A MIRACLE IN THE WAITING

NEWBORN FROM TWO TALENTED PEOPLE THATS HOW IT SHOULD BE.

December 29, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mad Rap3r

*BREAKING NEWS ON THIS*!! I'M STILL A HO-MO!

December 29, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jas104

What I don't get is how her and other VS models can even get pregnant, I was always under the impression you couldn't get pregnant if you are underweight or have no body fat....no?

December 29, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

where in the hell did you get that retarded idea?

December 29, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • jas104

let me break down that retarded idea: you need a minimum percentage of body fat (around20%) in order to have a regular menstrual cycle (otherwise you'll have an irregular one or not get it all), you need a menstrual cycle to ovulate, and then you need to ovulate in order to get preggers.

December 29, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • e141

You've made the argument that you need 20% bf to have a regular menstrual cycle. You didn't say anything about whether not a woman can get pregnant with an irregular menstrual cycle.

She could certainly get pregnant with lower than 20% bf and an irregular menstrual cycle.

December 29, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

It's recommended that you try an obtain an ideal weight to get pregnant. I am naturally thin and was concerned that I needed to actually gain a few pounds when I was planning my kids. Doctors will tell you to add a few or drop a few. Certainly models fit the stereotype of someone that would not only be underweight, but potentially unhealthy due to diet, drugs etc.

December 29, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  17. The Måd Råp3r

So I guess her s3x really was on fire.

December 29, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Richard Fore

His wife looks like she has downs syndrome or is some type of retard.

December 29, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. LDS lady

Im so proud for him and his husband. I bet they will be great parents.

December 29, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Triumph

****BREAKING NEWS****
    In a related story, I just ate at Taco Bell and I am now expecting....a giant poop.

December 29, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |