Kendra, Holly come to Hef's defense in dog debate
December 29th, 2011

Kendra, Holly come to Hef's defense in dog debate

They may have moved on from their relationship with Playboy's Hugh Hefner, but Holly Madison and Kendra Wilkinson still have his back.

The two former "Girls Next Door" stars were livid when they heard that Hef's ex-fiancee, Crystal Harris, was trying to take back the Cavalier King Charles spaniel puppy she initially handed over to Hefner after she called off their June wedding.

At the time, Crystal gave Hef the dog because “she thinks he’s happier here," Hefner tweeted June 20. "I appreciate it, because I really missed him."

Now, however, Crystal seems to have changed her mind. Hef explained on Twitter Tuesday, "I told Crystal she could keep the engagement ring and Bentley (a wedding gift) if I could have our puppy. But now she wants all three."

After sharing the news, the Playboy founder's former girlfriend, Kendra, hopped on the phone to give her support on top of sharing her empathy via Twitter.

"I'm sorry u have to go through this. That dog loves u so much," Kendra wrote. "She abandoned him n now she want him back. She's mean mean mean."

Holly went straight to Crystal herself, asking her via Twitter, "Why did you voluntarily give the dog to Hef (who loves him too) after u left, only to ask for him back a few months later?" And later, "Dogs shouldn't be yanked from homes on a whim...People should do what's best for the dog!"

Hef added to People magazine that he's hopeful he and Crystal will work this doggie custody situation out.

"We both love the puppy," he said. "I told her if she wants to keep the ring and the Bentley, then maybe I can keep the puppy. I [hope] we will work it out."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. coder

wow – when does recess start

December 30, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  2. Holy Catfish!!

What tha f***?

December 30, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Save the dog...

If Hef keeps the pup it'll save it from going through the tortures of being dyed purple, a bouffant hair-do, and fake rhinestone collar. Where is PETA when they're really needed?

December 30, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Grumpster

None of those women look like the girl next door to me. Unfortunately, Hagerstown, MD has been voted to have the ugliest people in the country. Wish they'd move here...fake as they are...still would be a massive improvement.

December 30, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. iceandsnow3

What does this have to do with Hef and the battle over the puppy? What the hell are you ranting about? I stopped reading your "train wreck" half-way through. Put some aluminum foil around your head and go sit in a closet. We'll call you when it's safe to come out!

December 30, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. @KingH

Lmao!

December 30, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. KingH

She already auctioned off the ring (for about half it's worth.) I bet if Hef offered a trade of the dog for the Bentley, she would say no, and I'm sure that Bentley will be sold within a month and she'll still want the dog.
    And another thing – a message to all three of you girls; your 15 minutes have expired! Stop doing things like this just to keep your name in the "news". You're all gorgeous, and I have every nude picture ever published of you on my computer. So unless you're gonna take it off and put the pictures in Playboy (and eventually online and my computer) please keep to yourself and shut up.

December 30, 2011 at 2:11 am | Report abuse |
  8. hughwho

Hef is the world's ugliest and oldest 14 yr. old girl.

December 30, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  9. Detroit Dog Rescue

Google Detroit Dog Rescue–and please make a donation of any size. Sad story about the homeless dogs of Detroit. They need our help.
    Thank you. -Art

December 30, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Grumpster

@Deroit Dog Rescue.....based on your comment, it would be better if people rescued Detroit itself...much less the dogs there. At least the dogs won't mug you in broad daylight and don't do meth.

December 30, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. daddy justin bieber

Kendra is married to an unemployed WR. And Holly is doing strip shows in a mall in Vegas. These 2 really hit the big-time, eh? -DJB

December 30, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. LouAz

When a man's best friend is his dog . . . the dog is in trouble.

December 29, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Beautiful Vixen

Lol

December 29, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Steve-O

TL;DR
    So by "dog" in this context the article is referring to Lindsay Lohan, correct?

December 29, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Thatguy371

Hef doesn't wanna lose this one. It was the only thing that made more puddles around the house than him.

December 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sockpuppet

ahh, the problems of the rich.

December 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. wobh2001

Give her a choice keep the puppy and return the ring and Bently or keep the Bently and ring and leave the dog with Hef. I bet she'd pick the car and ring over the mutt any day ... mercenary wench that she is.

December 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • becks

she can't give back the ring – she already auctioned it off.....

December 30, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. SaxonChin

I want sole custody of Holly's Ass!!

December 29, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. allens

hef was lucky she left. he is a classy guy, she on the other hand ........

December 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Joe

Go to court to get the ring back and I'm sure this dog problem would go away very fast.

December 29, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Elisa Jordan

Does she want it back so she can auction it off like the ring?

December 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  21. John

A dog? This is news

December 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  22. caryn

Seriously...do we really care? Sounds like "somebody" is looking for some media attention...and CNN just gave it to her...again

December 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  23. CPW

Poor Hef.

December 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  24. joey

Yo brainchip I can see u typin' away while electrodes are coursing thru your brain. Lay off the maryjane pal.

December 29, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Playjojo

He has the age, but obviously not the maturity. She just twelve, so not much should be expected of her anyway.

December 29, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Brian

CNN, this is why I really can't stand you. This is a headline on your main page. Why don't you make better attempts at improving your credibility?!

December 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thatguy371

Obviously an entertainment story... and besides... FREE NEWS SITE. Wake up, twit.

December 29, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Phil in Oregon

I think he should be able to have at least ONE dog in his house...

December 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Angeleyes

King charles cavaliers are super fragile emotionally uber sensitive pups...it is very wrong for her to use this dog to stay on the path to cash!

December 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jerry

Don't you hate people who post in caps?

December 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. weimtrainer

I think your "brainchip" has a serious short circuit.

December 29, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Betty

I kinda feel happy that this old geezer has maybe gotten hurt by a chick for a change he has a dose of his own medicine.
    As far as the dog, I purchased a dog for my then boyfriend (who became my ex husband years later) and the boob lost the dog!!! I paid for it but it was after all a gift.

December 29, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Who cares about your dumb dog. Who cares about Hefs Dog for that matter

December 29, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smarter than you think

He LOST the dog? How sad. Ah well... later on he lost you, so as far as "dogs" go at least he's consistent.

December 30, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  32. AG

With all his money, he should get the dog cloned and give her the clone.

December 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mott the Hoople

OK, so they are fighting over a "Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Puppy", a so-called "purebred" dog. So "purebred" dogs are being purposely bred while other unwanted "mutt" dogs in dog shelters are being euthanized? This is an abomination. I, for one, am getting tired of the so-called "beautiful people", the 1%ers, with their oh-so-sophisticated tastes.

December 29, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Carol

I hope Hef will not give her his dog, go to court if necessary, but don't let her have his dog. A dog isn't a thing, it has feelings and should be with the one who cares the most for it, and that is Hefner.

December 29, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

Plus think of all the naked chicks the dog gets to check out if it lives with Hef..... Bowwwww Wowwwww giving the dog a bone.

December 29, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. jon

Now that's a gold-digger if there ever was one. And to think I had assumed these hot young blondes want to be with Hefner because of witty humor and charm.

December 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Do you really think Hef was with those girls for love? Or is he just another Mr. Lonely Heart Geezer looking for young busty blondes? I agree that they are gold diggers, but let's not forget he is an old, wrinkled, disgusting old fart!

December 29, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Donald Trump

Let me moderate this issue. I'd love to join in another circus. If I can't be President, I can at least insert myself into Hef's business and get some publicity along with the Girls Next Door. BTW, I think that we ought to do a Playboy Apprentice.

December 29, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ariel

Holly, Hef is NEVER going to take you back let a lone marry you. Stop being so pathetic.

December 29, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. drnight

I had an Ex who left and took the dog. Years later I am still heartbroken. Damn, I miss that dog!

December 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Duh

To RIngo.... Ever heard of being friends with an ex??? I'm not into this whole celebrity news bullsh!t cause there are so many more important issues in the world then something like this.... But you my friend need to stop being such a neeny poo poo head. How about you not get so wrapped up in it. Who gives a flying pig what she does/say, not like you know her. Idiot

December 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sara

Sounds like it's time for this dog to get its own fake Twitter account.

But seriously, Hef has to win this. That dog is probably one of the happiest dogs in America. Two chew toys on every girl in that house!

December 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Ringo

I confess myself somewhat baffled by Kendra Wilkinson's continued entanglement in Hefner's affairs.Unless something has/is gone/going awry in your marriage,why does whatever drama is going on with Hefner continue to be of concern to you? What's lacking in your life with Hank and the kids? Frankly from my perspective it just seems as though you are overly involved the goings-on of someone who is supposed to be out of your life;someone who's not even an ex-husband!!My advice:tend to your own business.After all,other than being known as one of Hefner's many castoffs,what other connection do you have to him? Move on!!!

December 29, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • pandoramn

You can break up with someone because you know you're not suited for a long-term relationship and still be fond of them! It doesn't mean that Kendra is unsatisfied in her marriage or doesn't care for her husband and little boy. To the contrary, I think it shows that she actually had feelings for Hef that went beyond the superficial – I give her credit for being a more mature person than I thought. BTW, the new ex should definitely give Hef the dog!

December 29, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tha Chikin

Hey man... I get it. I have an ex I have been epic platonic friends with for over a decade. We are way better at being friends than we were ever at being a couple. Neither one of us could imagine a world in which we aren't friends. We talk about everything, help each other out whenever we can, and when I need a "man's perspective", guess who I go to? He tells me like it is too... no sugar coating it... just the facts; even if the facts are a punch in the face. It doesn't mean I am lacking in my relationship either... it means that I really value the great people I have met over the years. Why? Because killer friends are hard to come by. My man understands it (granted, it was a bit hard to explain in the beginning)... because they became friends too. Sometimes, my man talks more to my friend than I do!

It isn't about moving on either. Yeah, it didn't work out... so what? Just because you are no longer with someone doesn't mean that they should be "out of your life". Unless of course it ends badly and/or they need to be. But if they are truly good people, does it have to be that way? It doesn't really. Sometimes, there are people you meet that are keepers. Regardless of your past, if you are adult enough, you can build a really great friendship.

December 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  42. pamik

He got rid of the dog, at least let him keep the puppy. Just another way to keep her name in the public's eye. What a loser.

December 29, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Pamik, you pegged it right on the nose. She wants to extend the clock on her 15 minutes of reality show stardom. My dog and five cats are on Hef's side.

December 29, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fins

I think you hit the nail on the head. It is amazing to me how low people will go for media attention. She must have graduated from the Kim Kardashian school of "look at me!".

December 29, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. yeah right

Dude get another mutt.

December 29, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  44. bee

He sounds like such a lonely old man "she can keep the ring and the Bentley if I can keep the puppy". It actually kind of breaks my heart.

December 29, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • mickey

i bet the dog's breasts are real.

December 29, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • NORMAJEAN123

I agree, very sad.

December 31, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • lola

I wouldnt say "lonely old man" , I'd say...he has a heart and not materialistic like her and cares about things that matters, like animals. Hes classy, shes the loser.

January 6, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |