'Hell on Wheels' picked up for season 2
December 29th, 2011

'Hell on Wheels' picked up for season 2

AMC’s hit Western drama will be back for another season.

The network announced Tuesday that their popular new series is officially on for another round. The railroad drama is the second-highest rated series on AMC, after zombie fest “The Walking Dead.”

“Hell on Wheels,” set in the post-Civil War era, stars Anson Mount as a former Confederate soldier and rap artist Common playing a former slave. The two men work together on the first transcontinental railroad amidst the chaos of the changing country.

The first season finale airs January 15 at 10 p.m. ET.

« Previous entry
  1. Gail Ellis

This show is wonderful and really hope it will continue for a 4th season. Tired of all the reality shows and love this wholesome show.

October 26, 2013 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  2. marcone appliance parts center

Generally I do not learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice article.

April 11, 2012 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. THIS IS GOOD TV

I LOVE OLD SETTINGS & TRAINS REALL MAKES YOU GUESS WHATS GOING TO TAKE PLACE NEXT

December 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Elizabeth

I'm glad it will be back. The Swede is the best character on this show.

December 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jake

WD is so much better. Plus more realistic.

December 29, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jdwilker

Deadwood was by far a superior show. Everything about it – the acting, writing, directing, the sets and the language, OMG the language. It was the perfect combination of meaning and emotion delivered with relish. David Milch cursed himself by not finishing his masterpiece.

December 29, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. imnotmario

Cuss words are way bad. What if i was to read one. It might warp my brain or something.

December 29, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. itsmemario

They said a bad word. Heck is a cuss word. Im telling ma.

December 29, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Anita

I'm glad to hear this show is getting a second season. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not initially but I've found I've really become invested in the characters and story-line as it goes on. It's a really well done series. I really appreciate that it's not chock-full of constant foul language like Deadwood was on HBO too (while there were things I liked about that show, the constant unnecessary over use of it really had me turning the channel more often than not)...there's some of that in this series, but it's pretty appropriate when it's thrown in.

December 29, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. its ok

I had a hard time getting into it. I liked wd better.

December 29, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

LOL, I'm opposite of you on that one. Not into zombie shows at all so can't get into WD, but I have friends who just love it.

December 29, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |