Sinead O'Connor, Barry Herridge: 16 days
December 27th, 2011

Sinead O'Connor, and other fleeting celeb marriages

After 16 days of matrimony, Sinead O'Connor and Barry Herridge join the lengthy list of Hollywood couples who divorced quickly after walking down the aisle.

From Britney Spears and Jason Alexander to Cher and Gregg Allman, here are some other fleeting celebrity marriages.

Filed under: Britney Spears • Celebrities • Elizabeth Taylor • Kardashians

1. Shannon

Celebs should be banned from ever getting married. 99% of them make a mockery out of it. It's just sad.

January 13, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jackie

Now that is a quick marriage! I heard the are trying to work it out.

This is really cute, marriage can be tricky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1xpUQVrI1g

January 10, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Afro Dee Zeeack

Who are these gay guys? Both ugly as sin!

December 29, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dr Trollworth

I wonder what percentage of landfill space is taken up by her albums. I'm guessing that she is personally responsible for more than half a percent.

December 29, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. augustghost

Dudes' forehead could be used as a bill board

December 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mela

She, I use the term "she" loosely here folks, is sooo nasty looking. Doesn't even look like a female and acts more like a guy anyway. Thought she was gay? She has no business marrying a man, this whole thing was probably a publicity stunt, bet it was!! Why is this "thing" being called a "celeb" too?! She has't put out any music for years and she only has a one or two songs that folks know about. I cannot stand "It's" voice or face. Ugly, nasty looking, trash, and freak that just needs to go back to Ireland then get lost in a forest somewhere, never to be heard from again! What was this guy thinking, marrying this "thing" anyhow??? I mean, just look at the picture of "IT", how gross can anyone be?? Eww!!! Sinead has said she purposely shaves her head, so she LIKES looking the way she does. Whaat?! W H A C K O !!!

December 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. SaintM

Boy is she ugly. He's not much better. Are you sure she ended it? That is usually agreed on by both people.

Sinead, now is your opportunity to go back where you came from and never show your face again. You are a talentless, classless idiot.

December 28, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mela

You sure hit the nail on the head there, Saint! Sinead IS a talentless, classless idiot.

I read on another news site that she ended it because she did it for him. She claims his inner circle of friends or people were harassing him about marrying her, telling him not to stay with her and the constant badgering was making him unhappy. He was not happy about her constant need for wanting to smoke weed either as he's a counselor for adolescents. So she claims between him being badgered by his close circle of friends and him not liking her need for weed, he was very unhappy around her, and since she loves him so much she let him go.

December 28, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lo Jenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1DWAlJYBs&w=640&h=390]

December 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Tracy

oh no – I had such high hopes for this couple. Who are they ?

December 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hot Carl

She's so ugly, I hear the Pope ripped up a picture of HER!

December 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mj

that's right and he's dating kim kardashian now....LOL

December 28, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. irabless

Nothing compares to you. Who cares what others saying.

December 28, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. Betty

I look at her and I think....I look great, were the same age, however I don't have as much mileage on the old chasis like this dolly has. Amen.

December 28, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • JOregon

She has put some mileage on.
      Started out as an abused child that seems to get the motor revved for a long and rough journey.

December 28, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Hot Carl

Anyone who looks like this "woman" on purpous probably isn't wrapped too tight to begin with. Fat, bald, tattooed, and a wacko, not a great combination. Her "hubby" looks like he squats on pork swords and fudge scented septers, so he's probably not too broken up about it.

December 28, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. TWH

i wouldn't consider sinead o'connor a celebrity.

December 28, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. Johnnie99

Oh Sinead ... our star is waning, is it? Quick bit of 'make-the-headlines-at-Christmas"?

December 28, 2011 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. tracy

congratulations! My brother will get married tomorrow. He love his wife very much, and he meet his girl at Wealthychats.com. How amazing it is! So I also want to find my angle in this site.

December 28, 2011 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. mary

Man was that couple hit with the UGLY STICK or what!!?

December 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. emmalane

I just pooped my pants.

December 27, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  20. @who

He voiced his opinion, we posted ours! What's your point?

December 27, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. daddy justin bieber

Sinead and Rosie OD, would make a good maried couple.

December 27, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  22. emmalane

My poop has a funny taste.

December 27, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Elisa Jordan

His head looks like it was formed out of silly putty.

December 27, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. @Observer

Old Newt fooled around on his poor wife with cancer, then fooled around on wifey #2 with wifey #3. Now that's family values! Go conservatives!

December 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • emmalane

Every woman who fools with a married man should realize that if he would leave his wife for you, he will just as easily leave you for someone else.

December 27, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOregon

@emmalane
      I think Newt's second wife realizes that now.

December 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jhp

@observer: arnold is a republican and he cheated on his wife. Marraige is societal not political.

December 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sly Sadie

Really? Tramp? Thanks for the thought, though!

December 27, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LOOKER

Observer u need to go to fox, every1 is growing to hate you. Why be such a azzhole ? Not every thing has to be political does it ?

December 27, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @Observer

You are a conservative horse's azz!

December 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Observer

The common thread in all of theses examples is that they are all liberals, which shows how muc the far left party of hate devalues the family.

December 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • emmalane

Oh you must be right: thrice married rightists like Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich are much better endorsements for family life. BTW, does the big fat idiot have any children? Or did he eat them?

December 27, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • david

Or how much they value freedom.

December 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • AntiPalinAlaskan

Uh, no...Britney is a Republican...and the Kardashians probably are, too.

December 28, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  30. Superhiro

Am I the only one who read "Jason Alexander" and immediately thought George from Seinfeld? Who's this other random Jason Alexander?

December 27, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • AntiPalinAlaskan

"...Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

December 28, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • AntiPalinAlaskan

"...Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

(and that would pose the question...did they serve "muffin tops" at the reception?)

December 28, 2011 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Nope,not at all
      That was the first thing I thought of too.
      The second was how that Jason Alexander looks like the BTK killer (I know,thats like saying ATM machine)

December 28, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  31. @Sly Sadie

As u r a tramp

December 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sly Sadie

I always thought she was gay! I'm shocked!

December 27, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • dk

me too, I honestly thought she was into girls. btw don't celebs know the curse of the short marriages... I guess celebs love the idea of marriage but in reality there are too many baggages to handle.

December 29, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  33. cheerio

I bet this dude has tattoes.

December 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |