Mel Gibson finalizes divorce
December 26th, 2011

Mel Gibson finalizes divorce

Mel Gibson's marriage to ex Robyn Moore is officially over - CNN confirmed that the actor's divorce was finalized on Friday.

An L.A. Superior Court judge signed off on his split from Robyn, with whom Gibson has seven children. The pair had been wed for nearly 30 years, according to People magazine, and reportedly did not have a prenuptial agreement.

As a result, People mag asserts that Robyn is legally entitled to half of what Mel earned during their lengthy marriage, as well as half of every future check he'll get from film residuals. The report notes that the actor's earnings were previously estimated to be as high as $850 million, according to a 2006 report in the Los Angeles Business Journal.

Neither Mel's legal representation nor Robyn's has yet returned a request for comment.

Filed under: Celebrities • Mel Gibson

1. TROY

Every body must be crazy that some body got 750M dollars, this is crazy that some one could get that much money get that much money, even if they had ten kids. Seven kids, 10M dollar trust for each of them and 50M dollars for the wife would have worked for every one Gibson house hold,oh plus a house for them paid off and trust for taxes.

January 1, 2012 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. @@beautiful vixen

There you go again. I have no idea what you are talking about. Why are you so head strong about this forgiving? I don't know you. You are not making sense.

December 27, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sly Sadie

Cheer up, Mel. How does it feel to get screwed over, like you did to her? Turn about is fair play!

December 27, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Stewart G,

@derp get a job and stfu.

December 27, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. I know that look.

That's the look of an idiot who needs to admit he's mentally ill.

December 27, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. Woman in Red

I would want his head in a box brought to me,then and only then I'd feel vindicated.

December 27, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. derp

Mel thinks Jews ruined his marriage. Jews ruin everything.

December 27, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. @beautiful vixen

Yea ppl do f' up but not every1 is forgiving. Then u have to 'prove' urself. Stinks, eh ?

December 27, 2011 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Beautiful Vixen

I'm sure he did reallized that he made a mistake. We are all humans and do f' up at times.

December 26, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tre Tre

Regardless of what we may think. The reality is that Mel SHOULD have been thinking. I am happy for his ex. She spent 30 years married to him and bore and raised 7 children while he built his career and became famous. He then has the audacity to cheat. Not just cheat but cheat with a crazy !@# , gold digging piece of trash. If Mel's ex had not gotten his millions Oksana certainly would have.

When doing the wrong thing one never gets to decide the consequences, the length of the consequences or the severity of them. Mel probably is thinking "Damn, I really f***** up! Can I get a do over?"

December 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bella

All I can say is good for her!

December 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

"good for her"

People's views on this topic are split perfectly along gender lines.

And I still cannot understand how women can say 'good for her' and not feel like money-grubbing pigs.

December 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Peace

I agree w/Boredom & carrieanne. Well, I guess she's got it made for the rest of her life!

December 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. carrieanne

Im not greedy, I could live quite well on $425,000,000.00 for the rest of my life!

December 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Boredom

Half of his current wealth makes sense as does half of any future project he was planning while he was still married. I don't see why she should get a single penny from any new project he starts *after* his divorce was finalized. Plus, "future earnings" probably also means dividends from stocks which makes no sense since she already got half of his cash. Dividends are from his half, which should remain his.

December 26, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Observer

Gibson is a neocon stooge. She should have gotten ALL of his earnings by that fact alone.

First!