Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves engaged
December 26th, 2011

Matthew McConaughey, Camila Alves engaged

'Tis the season to hear about plenty of couples getting engaged, and Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves are among them.

The 42-year-old actor popped the question to girlfriend Camila on Sunday, and then revealed the happy news on his WhoSay account.

"Just asked Camila to marry me, merry Christmas" he posted, along with a photo of the couple sharing a kiss.

The actor and Alves, 29, have two children together, and McConaughey hasn't been shy about declaring his adoration for the Brazilian model and television personality. He told Esquire magazine in its April issue, "I found the woman...I wanna make a family with, hopefully live our life out together."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Blazex Sultc

Greetings I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

July 6, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Candace Kane

Camila Alves is on Tv in Toronto hawking purses and said she's engaged but not to matthew mc conaughhey and that she was a braszilian model. Go figure.

March 30, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. trezenia

Well What Can I Say, t's about time, I think he has tried out every actress out there & finally decided this is the
    Best I Can Do! With 2 kids, he should have called her his wife a long time ago! God don't judge you by your
    looks!

December 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MiMi

They have been together for several years, live together, have two children together. What's with getting engaged?! Engagements give a couple time to break the news of a new life together, to prepare for life together, and to publicize their intentions of legally doing so.

There is absolutely no need to this couple to get "engaged".

December 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jean

Why is it that gay people always believe rumors that someone is gay EVEN though they have proven time and time again that they are NOT, hence Mathew's engagement and KISSING A WOMAN, is that not sufficient. Please let it go. Do they realize that if EVERYONE was gay. Civilization as we know it would NOT exist. Please think before you post people. I know it's hard but try it.

December 27, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

Camila Alves is indeed gay because she hangs out a the gay bars all the time. And Matthew and myself are psychic. He has been my boyfriend for 11 years and we have 10 year old twin daughters together. And Matthew and myself don't like gay lifestyle whatsoever. Camila is too young for him. Camila is a 29 year old lesbian loonytoon. And Matthew did not ask for Camila's hand marriage. Gay is a decision and it's one that people should not make because it destroys relationships.

December 28, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Steve Portaro

good hope to see less of his redneck ass

December 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

Matthew McConaughey is not getting married to Camila Alves, she has schizophrenia and hears voices in her head that lie to her. Matthew would never marry a mentally ill person. Matthew has been with Queen Senath for 11 years and has 10 year old twins with him. Princess Priscilla and Princess Penelope McConaughey. Remember Matthew has a twin brother that he don't talk about and they are both psychic like myself. Camila was not always around Matthew, his twin didn't have a relationship with Camila either. But I guarantee you he was at some of the award ceremonies and people only thought that was Matthew when in truth it was Matthew's twin. He is a plastic surgeon. Queen Senath and Matthew love each other very much and Matthew would like Camila to stop following him around and stop lying to the tabloids. Queen Senath is planning a royal wedding with Matthew. Sat Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 p.m. Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France and the wedding reception will be held at the Palace of Versailles. The engagement party is going to be in June of 2013 at Castle Galway in Irleland. We are having leg of lamb, baby potatoes and steamed cabbage and chocolate rasberry mousse and glasses of instant cold lemon and hot tea and flavored coffee. At the wedding reception we are having grilled salmon and stuffed portobello mushrooms with crab and spinach mixed together with steamed veggies on the side and cake and fruit in the ballroom, along with entertainment and big cold frothy glasses of non alcholic pina coladas.

December 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

Matthew McConaughey is not getting married to Camila Alves, she has schizophrenia and hears voices in her head that lie to her. Matthew would never marry a mentally ill person. Matthew has been with Queen Senath for 11 years and has 10 year old twins with him. Princess Priscilla and Princess Penelope McConaughey. Remember Matthew has a twin brother that he don't talk about and they are both psychic like myself. Camila was not always around Matthew, his twin didn't have a relationship with Camila either. But I guarantee you he was at some of the award ceremonies and people only thought that was Matthew when in truth it was Matthew's twin. He is a plastic surgeon. Queen Senath and Matthew love each other very much and Matthew would like Camila to stop following him around and stop lying to the tabloids. Queen Senath is planning a royal wedding with Matthew. Sat Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 p.m. Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France and the wedding reception will be held at the Palace of Versailles. The engagement party is going to be in June of 2013 at Castle Galway in Irleland. We are having leg of lamb, baby potatoes and steamed cabbage and chocolate rasberry mousse and glasses of instant cold lemon and hot tea and flavored coffee. At the wedding reception we are having grilled salmon and stuffed with crab and spinach mixed together with steamed veggies on the side and cake and fruit in the ballroom, along with entertainment and big cold frothy glasses of non alcholic pina coladas.

December 27, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saintM

He is a has been, and has gotten uglier as he's gotten older. Maybe she's just playing for the green card and her anchor bablies. He is as stupid as he is ugly and who gives a rat's elbow about who he marries. She does sound a bit like "Lucy" Damon, who let Matt Damon knock her up so she could trick him into marrying her and taking care of her anchor baby.

December 27, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Greenaxe

WOW! Could you believe he actually loves someone more than himself....or does he??

December 27, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Greenaxe

...and I thought he was going to marry a bottle of Irish Whiskey.

December 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rex

He is a panty wearing fairy

December 27, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. J0nx

Little old for her isn't he?? Dirty b@st@rd. GL to them I suppose even if their May/September relationship is a bit cliche.

December 27, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. barbie

Has he done any movies lately? The only traction this story has is that he is has been marrying a Brazilian....big deal1!!

December 27, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. tiramasu

They'll no doubt have a double wedding when one of their kids gets married.

December 27, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. sue

who cares..he's got 2 kids and the woman will probably be engaged another 12 years...please.

December 27, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. Roe Fawn

Oh man,he does look terrible bald,he looks like the alpha male mutant in I Am Legend lol.

December 27, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  18. SNAPPA

Hey Bongo, publicity marriages do not last. What are you doing? I wish I was still around to stop you from making the same mistakes others have made. You're a he man why are you playing with girls? Forget your career will you that will not last either. You and I both know this marriage will last all of a few months at the most. You know you cannot stand females being around all the time so why are you doing this? You know who this is so give me a call I think you need to talk it out with someone who knows the secrets you hide.

December 27, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  19. please

We don't live in 1950 anymore where people date in highschool, get married and have 50 kids..it is a nice thought, but welcome to 2011. Things are done differently these days and you may agree or disagree, but don't judge. They have 2 beautiful children together and are getting married. Leave them alone.

December 27, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  20. Virgin2Marriage

I agree with a couple of people, 1 Why did she have to pop out 2 kids before they decided to marry. Forgive me but I was raised to get married then have children not the way it seems to go today. 2 Happily Married ignore the jerk glad your marriage is on Great. 3 To the jerk on here Marriage is what you make it. You & whoever you married didnt make it work but that's ok. You can try again but if you got bad viewpoints like you do then of course it aint gonna work if you try again. Everyone can have a happy marriage but it isn't gonna be easy work. It's a FULL TIME JOB....Lookin forward to it in the Future! CONGRATULATIONS MATTHEW & HIS SOON TO BE WIFE cause I don't know her name!

December 27, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  21. Elizabeth SESMA

oh matt what donkey you have babe you can do a hole lot better.dose anbody think she a gold digger?just saying

December 27, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jan

He needed to wait until she popped out two of his children before he asked her to marry him? Pig.

December 27, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  23. bbbb

I am a 27 years old doctor,mature and beautiful. and now i am seeking a good man who can give me real love, so i got a sername Andromeda2002 on Agedate.СòM, a nice and free place for younger women and older men,or older women and younger men, to interact with each other.Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

December 27, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  24. suzy diamond

ABOUT TIME! He has TWO kids with her..why wouldn't she be good enough to marry? MAKE the commitment ALREADY!!!

December 27, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  25. Ron

@Marie........I agree, it sounds like some of the idiots we've read about in the past. Anyone remember Hinkley ?

December 27, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  26. pogi

Has anyone noticed that his head is twice as big as hers?

December 26, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Marie

And yet another example of what can happen when CNN fails to monitor/filter its comments section. I would suggest that Mr. Matthew has a potential stalker in Queen Senath and that his/her comments should be flagged. It reads as if someone is not being properly supervised and may need some sort of intervention. That is a potentially dangerous situation.

December 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

You might want to read the comment on the bottom that I wrote, I am a very smart woman and you have no idea what your talking about. I am not a stalker I have been Matthew's girlfriend for 11 years and I have 10 year old twins together. I am a doctor of psychology and psychiatry and paranormal psychology. I am a psychic and so is Matthew. Matthew would never listen to anything you have to say. Leave me and Matthew alone. He has always loved me and I have always been my boyfriend, lover, partner, companion and best friend.

December 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. candy

Life is so beautiful. Maybe you want to check out
    ~~~~Millionaire'Social...℃0M
    ~~~~~
    It's the largest and best club for se'eking interrac'ial si'ngles, bl'ack athletes, doctors, lawyers,

investors, entrepreneurs, beauty white queens, fitness models, and Hollywood celebrities.
    it also features certified sin'gles and verified beautiful women. What's the most important is:

you can me'et the one who you're looking for!!! GO and have a try…..

December 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  29. justsayin'

I would hope so, since you knocked her up twice.

December 26, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dee

Like Matt and his intendant gives 2 hoops and a holla to those that don't approve. Congrats and be happy to the couple.

December 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Teresa

I am happy for them. I am married and love it.

December 26, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  32. sarah

Good news! He seems to be a down to earth guy,and she looks pretty cool too.Bet they raise some down to earth children

December 26, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Arle Bargle

Sounds like what happens at the dog park every afternoon. Sooner or later all the dogs are engaged for a spell.

December 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. The Outlaw

@5:47...Lol.. hell no! I can't see the pic of him here (on phone) but Owen has a huge nose. I always thought Matt was kinda cute in his own way. Now i have to google bald Matt..lol

December 26, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. OLEG

Anyone see that movie he made that the TV show Supernatural was based on? It is something. I think it is named FRAILTY. A mighty different movie.

December 26, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Nic

Who's a what account?

December 26, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lisa

Gee, nice to know they already have two kids together before making it official. This is part of what is wrong with our world.

December 26, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • mom2boys

My husband and I had our first son before we got married and were pregnant with our second when we got married. It's not the 1950's anymore Lisa. Get a grip.

December 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jkhhjdf

I am glad he is getting married to the mother of his children.

December 26, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JD

Matthew, grow your hair back. What's with the bald thing? Ugly!

December 26, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • samdh

Maybe it's for a part in a movie. When it's done, yes, grow it back!

December 26, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Margerite

He looks like Owen Wilson

December 26, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jackie

That sucks I wanted to marry him, lol! He is a hottie, its a shame :(

December 26, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Elle

And it only took years and years and two kids. They won't make it down the aisle.

December 26, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. joe

Who are these ugly humps?

December 26, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Peace

McConauhey said in his statement, "hopefully", hmmmm, a few doubts going on there? Prenup comes to mind! Well congrat's to them, hope it works for the kids sake.

December 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

Queen Senath and Matthew have twins together they are ten years old, Queen Senath wants Matthew to be by her side and travel with her and be her lover, partner companion and best friend. Queen Senath and Matthew have always loved one another, and Queen Senath don't like Camila going around telling people that she got engaged to Matthew because it's not true!!!Remember everyone, Camila has voices in her head that lie to her.

December 26, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Queen Senath CarMel Anderson

Camila Alves has schizophrenia and sleeps with women because she don't better. Matthew is not Camila's caretaker. He is engaged to Queen Senath CarMel Anderson, Monarch of all Nations except for Arab and Asian. Matthew never asked Camila for her hand in marriage, Queen Senath is planning a royal wedding with Matthew and he is sick and tired of Camila lying to the media and the tabloids.

December 26, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jacki

Seek help. If you think this is true, seek help. If you simply made this up because you think it's funny, still seek help.

December 27, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  47. calvin

Add yet another wedding, and subsequent divorce, to the books.

December 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  48. TexMan

I just can not shake this mental image of all of them sitting nekid around a christmas tree playing the bongos and tokin to the season.

December 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. The Outlaw

How come nobody like him? I think he is okay. He kind of good looking also.

December 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mudman

Hope you have a prenup Matt

December 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Sassy

He hopes to live his life together out? were they staying in differnet homes when they had their children? So sad, but yes I hope they do make it work.

December 26, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. doh!

Stupid. Never going to work. First rule everyman should know is never get married. Want proof? Ask those of us who have done it. Regrets.

December 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Happily Married

Speak for yourself. I've been happily married to my Wife for 20 years. It just gets better and better...

December 26, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • José

@Happily Married – maybe so, but does your wife know about it?

December 26, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kris

Hahahahaha, I was wondering if Matthew was ever going to commit to marriage w/Camila. I wish them all the best, and I want Matthew to know what a fantastic commercial he made for Dolce Gabana. Also looked like he was having a good time making the spot too.

December 26, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Debby

Oh brother so what they have 2 kids together and I can't stand the actor.

December 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JThomas2121

Apparently you can't stand punctuation, either. So, if you can't stand him, why would you even bother to read the article? Talk about trailer trash.

December 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  55. DG

matthew who?

December 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. DF

Who cares? Why is this news? How many kids does he have already?

December 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  57. shell

So ... will marriage un-ba$tardize their kids?

December 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • cjsmet

shell – exactly right...what's right with trying out a women for a few years, having a couple of kids, and THEN marrying her...what a shame

December 26, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  58. carrieanne

Good for them! I wish them well!

December 26, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. evilmonkey

mr clean found a girl

December 26, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  60. mrhmeisme

What's Andre Agassi doing kissing his fiance?

December 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Three Dog Mama

It appears he started the family early if they already have two kids. Glad he decided to marry her.

December 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Ja-coofalootte

It's a ruse, Mathew is a raging flamer

December 26, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • pockets

Congrats to them, and Matthew is a good actor. Now to get Jennifer Aniston to stay home and not show her face until she has two kids with snotty noses trailing behind her. Can't stand that woman.

December 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Osobien

And if he is, who cares? He is totally hot and what he does behind closed doors (or otherwise) is no ones business (including yours).

December 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • kristina

it's about time he put to rest that he is not gay.

December 27, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

Please, this guy's gayer than 8 guys f***ing 9 guys.

December 27, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reader

for 'pockets': Not sure how Jennifer Aniston got in on this but since you brought it up: it's clear what children look like either in your home or the area you apparently live in but it's not common place to have, as you put it, snotty nose kids trailing behind parents that have an interest in their children....at least the nanny knows to wipe their nose !

December 27, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |