'X Factor' names winner
December 23rd, 2011

'X Factor' names winner

The first season of Simon Cowell's stateside "X Factor" wrapped on Thursday, and while we have a recap on the way, we wanted to offer a peek at our chat with last night's winner.

We won't tell you who it is before the jump in case some of you are spoiler-sensitive, but the contestant who landed the $5 million recording contract offered advice for those who had similar dreams.

So out of the three finalists, Chris Rene, Melanie Amaro and Josh Krajcik, the winner was...

Melanie Amaro! While it's likely a lot of you aren't surprised, Melanie certainly was.

“To be here in this position right now feels amazing," she told CNN Thursday. "It still hasn’t really hit me…I feel like I’m in a dream.”

A dream, perhaps, but one that she was able to see come true. The 19-year-old Floridian advised all those who have similar ambitions to not lose sight of their goals.

“Anyone that doesn’t believe in themselves," she said, "I need you to stand up and look in the mirror and say to yourself, 'If she can do it. I can do it.' I was at an all time low and now I’m at an all time high!"

What do you think of the "X Factor's" big finish?

1. Belinda

Omg! lmao need therapy much?! smh

December 23, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kristi

I was a little disappointed that voters didn't seem to pick up on the "X-Factor" idea that it wasn't just a singing contest. I had hoped for a different result. But that said, I will definitely be buying music from the top 3 in the future (Chris Rene in particular) I am a recovering addict with about 4 more months of sober time than Chris and his music really speaks to me. My heart to God's ears to Chris Rene's voice...it was a real blessing to watch these talented people over the past weeks AND NOW, the VOICE

December 23, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Leo

get. help. freak.

December 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nancy

Breath of fresh air?? Really? I totally disagree.

She is just another clone of the African American Diva that for some reason you people love.

I was hoping that the American Public would select someone unique and original.........like Josh.

But no........the whitneymariahbeeitchsay worshipping people picked a dud once again.

December 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Deborah

I am happly for Melanie she is a breath of fresh air for those who have been teased. Now she can be a role model for young people to not give up on thier dreams. I am proud of Melanie keep up the good work

December 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mesa44

Didn't this show drag on forever? And now we have Americsn Idol coming soon. Will this crap ever end?

December 23, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

What a dumb thing to say. Obviously you read the article without a gun held to your head, and obviously you know how to turn the channel on your tv...enough said!!!

December 23, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I don't get why people comment like this – if you don't like it, then change the channel or don't read the article. It's not rocket science. I'm sure the whole world doesn't agree with everything you watch or read either!

December 23, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Richard Fore

That chick has a huge rack, I'd like to give her a pearl necklace to celebrate her win.

December 23, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |