What's the verdict: 'Prometheus' trailer
December 23rd, 2011

What's the verdict: 'Prometheus' trailer

A teaser clip for Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" has been flying about the Web, drumming up even more anticipation for the movie's summer release.

While this sci-fi thriller may or may not be a prequel to Scott's 1979 "Alien," the Los Angeles Times reports that it is expected to contain some of "Alien's" "original DNA." Entertainment Weekly has helpfully broken down those traits, including the way the titles appear in clips for "Prometheus" and "Alien."

The just-over-a-minute long trailer doesn't tell us much, relying on quick cuts, a pleading apology and a horrified scream to get its point across. We do learn that the story follows a crew of explorers who, as the movie's tagline tells us, went looking for the beginning of mankind and stumbled upon something that "could be our end."

Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Patrick Wilson, Guy Pearce and Idris Elba star in this flick, which opens June 8, 2012.

Filed under: movies • Trailer Park

« Previous entry
  1. Beefburger

@Dumbledorf. Sorry, not quite, but thanks for playing.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Humans ARE the original "Aliens". The "Engineers" are seemingly omnipotent. The are able to create and manipulate lifeforms at will. Also, they can manipulate time.

January 11, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dumbledorf

Figured out the plot. An ET like explorer created humans to act as hosts for the Aliens creatures. The explorer in turn uses the Aliens to attack other planets. So, our origins are simply based on serving as a host. That's what the humans in this movie discover. Most likely planet earth was colonized with humans to create a farm for the alien creatures.

January 11, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. Saber

Folks, yes this is a prequel to Alien. The ship seen in the trailers is exactly like the one in Alien. Additionally, this is definately H.R. Giger's artwork and design. Ridley Scott is going to pull off another great film. We will see if this film leaves off where Ailen begins. Having the first three films, (skipped the 4th), then added the AVP 1 to the collection, I would really like to see where this roller coaster ride takes us. Long Live Brandywine Studios!

January 7, 2012 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Guess-So

Even though Theron is in it, guess I'll be seeing this movie.

January 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ben paulsen

I love 3d movies, especially after I found out I could play 3D movies on my iPad.

January 5, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. TigerClaw

It's definitely a prequel to Alien, Its set in the same universe, but a couple of years before the first film, The other thing is it also deals with the Space Jockeys and the ship you see on there looks like the Derelict Ship from the first film, But its set on a different planet and its a different spaceship, But same model.

January 4, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Saraz343232

To all those who think Fassbender is hot get real. This dude from X-men is a bad actor and weird looking. I wish he wasn't in any movies coming out. Bad casting by Ridley Scott, even Charlize Theron doesn't fit this kind of script.

January 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Beefburger

Spoiler Alert

The movie starts off with Earth being terraformed, long before the placement of humanity.

They will be showing the origins of the "Aliens".

There will be a "chicken or the egg" paradox involving the expedition's android.

I have seen some drawings and I am hoping that they made the film. If "the Engineers" look like H.R. Gieger's original work then this could be really good and creepy.

December 30, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. c ccv

I am a 27 years old doctor,mature and beautiful. and now i am seeking a good man who can give me real love, so i got a sername Andromeda2002 on Agedate.СòM, a nice and free place for younger women and older men,or older women and younger men, to interact with each other.Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

December 27, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  10. candy

Life is so beautiful. Maybe you want to check out
    ~~~~Millionaire'Social...℃0M
    ~~~~~
    It's the largest and best club for se'eking interrac'ial si'ngles, bl'ack athletes, doctors, lawyers,

investors, entrepreneurs, beauty white queens, fitness models, and Hollywood celebrities.
    it also features certified sin'gles and verified beautiful women. What's the most important is:

you can me'et the one who you're looking for!!! GO and have a try…..

December 26, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Charlize

Incredible teaser! If this is the "prequel" to the 1st Alien flick, I wonder if any of the main characters "survives" at the end of this movie? Should be interesting...however, since there is only one Sigourney Weaver, don't count on Charlize Theron being alive, at the end!

December 26, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. AJ

the movie clip is broken, CNN fix please

December 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Maylee

I'm so sick of these arrow to the knee comments! Come up with something original already! Also, this trailer looks awesome. OK maybe that's not so original but at least its not moronic!

December 25, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Adventurer

I used to be original, then i took an arrow in the knee...

December 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pliny

These people are soooo impressed with 'arrow in the knee' only because they have nothing else below their belt that is a significant target.

December 27, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrWright62

If you played Skyrim, you would get how awesome that comment is...

January 4, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Red Pison

The trailer was really annoying with that BRAWWWNG sound.

December 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alecia

@Richard. You have problems. Why van't you be nice especially to fat people like myself?

December 24, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. @cookie

U still a s/lut

December 23, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Cookie

I hope this is a prequel, but mostly I'm hoping Michael Fassbender is in 99% of it. Soo hot. I'll take Patrick Wilson too. Smexy, yeah.

December 23, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Jolly Elf

Oh no, school's out...

December 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  19. nancy

P.S. I love all these good blogs about trailers. We got a Fleetwood doublewide. Its got the nice bay windows and kitchen counter with wood stools. The dogs keep tearing out the underpinning but thats ok. Its nice for a mobile home. In a little while Im taking the kids to the Piggly Wiggly and we are gonna get us some fresh christmas lights to put up. LIl timmie ate our last set. I dont know why he does that. Merry Christmas.

December 23, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. nancy

I sure hope my mom gets out of jail for christmas. She is in county lockup. They said she was hunting out of season. They impounded her huntin dogs and everything. I got her 2 cses of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer as a gift. That and a case of good Levi Garrett chewing tobacco. She is gonna be one mighty happy lady. Merry Christmas Everyone.

December 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  21. oleg

Those arrows are mighty ouchy. Im sorry about that. People are always shooting those things around willy nilly like. Maybe if you put some good Bactine on it it will feel better. Im sorry.

December 23, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. Richard Fore

I used to just be rude, now I'm mean and rude you ugly maggot from barf land. Hope your mama makes parole.

December 23, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  23. Adventurer

I used to be a firsty like you, then i took an arrow in the knee..

December 23, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |