'American Horror Story' season 2 will have new house, new faces
December 23rd, 2011

'American Horror Story' season 2 will have new house, new faces

Hopefully fans of "American Horror Story" didn't get super-attached to the characters or the setting of the FX series, because season 2 will bring plenty of changes.

When it debuted in October, the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk co-created program starred Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton as the Harmons. The couple, along with their teen daughter, moved into a haunted old mansion in Los Angeles. Jessica Lange's portrayal of Constance, meanwhile,  earned her a Golden Globe nod.

But by the end of the first season, as we noted in this week's recap, it was less about who was killed in a given episode of "American Horror Story" and more about who was still living. Judging from a conference call Murphy held with press on Thursday, there isn't much that will make it out of the first season alive.

"The next year of the show - each season of the show - will be a different haunting," Murphy said, according to the New York Times.

"So what you saw in the finale was the end of the Harmon house, and the second season of the show will be a brand new home or building to haunt," he went on. "Every season of the show will have a beginning, a middle and an end."

E! News adds that along with a new setting - which Murphy says won't be in L.A. - he's plotting a new main cast. Some of the old familiar faces will return, he says, but it sounds like they won't be portraying their current characters.

"There will be familiar faces and also some new faces," Murphy said. "The people that are coming back will be playing completely different characters, creatures, monsters, etc. [The Harmons] stories are done....I think we'll announce the full cast and what the new storyline is going to be sometime in February."

Are you disappointed by the news, or is it exciting to think that each season will start fresh?

Filed under: Fall TV • television

1. Chelsea

I just got done with the first season on Netflix and I have to say I am addicted to it! I am ok with the new family every season but they could have tied up all of the loose ends, like the evil baby, Tate and Violet, I mean come on they were the main reason I continued to watch this season! I am in love with their teenage love because I am a teenager and it made me cry when they had their moments! I also cried when someone does that I liked but then I found out about the ghost thing! They really needed to tie the loose ends up because now I'm mad and I started watching the first episode to the second season and I'm not impressed at all and I don't think I will like this season let alone watch it!

December 23, 2013 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Carmon

This piece of writing will assist the internet visitors for building
    up new webpage or even a weblog from start to end.Fresh Meat Season 2
    Episode 5 Free Stream

November 6, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tahnee

I really only watch season one for Tate and Violets love and you saying that they are over makes me want to cry, Season 2 will never be as good as one, I liked season 1 but I enjoyed it more with the love of Tate and Violet. It was a horrible cliffhanger that nobody will know the ending to. BRING MORE TO SEASON 1!!!!!

October 27, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Acesulfame Potassium revirew

Thanks for any other informative blog. Where else may I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal way? I have a mission that I am just now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

September 29, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  5. Melanie O.

I dont know if i will adjust to a new cast each season. I've already gotten attached to the Harmons!

July 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kaysar

I think they should have a proper closure of the first year as well! I know that Jessica Lange will be coming back and be head of a hospital for the insane next year. I look forward to that but would like to see a two hour closure special of the first episode if they can pull it off!! : )

July 19, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • higherstandards

I agree with you; I thought the 2nd season was going to do an expansion from the Harmon's story but when I think about it; what really can happen? New people move into the house and than harmons try to get them to move out or don't buy the house? that will eventually get boring....so i hope this 2nd season will be GREAT or I will be disappointed as well!

August 6, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. nifepartie

It's not going to work if they use the same person for different characters. Every individual person plays a character that is similar to their self, that is just the way people are. Having the same actor try to be someone different, because they aren't playing the same character as season 1, will look strange. For example, Dylan M. will naturally play someone else who seems almost identical to his character in the first season. An actors own personality translates into their on-screen character. This will look very weird.

June 26, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sandi

I know that everyone is dead, but it still left you kind of hanging. Why won't the house let everyone leave? I wish they had a least answered that before starting a new storyline. I thought in the next season the Harmon's would at least discover why they were trapped in the house, unable to move on or did I miss something?

April 11, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jess

I AM SO BUMMED!!! I like the fact that the old faces will still pop up here and there BUTTTT I DO NOT LIKE that they will be playing different characters?! What is that crap?!?!?!? I surely thought this would be a fantastic new series that I would lovee but now I'm just disappointed!

April 10, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ana

Mee too!! :( I mean,i was so hopefull for a second season,,but do you know why?! because i wanted to watch them again!!i loved this storyline and even if the thought of a new one is entertaining.. i want at least a proper closure!! For example, i loved Violet and Tate story! D: There should still be more episodes to expand the following situations: -Tate and Violet's happy ending,the family finding where the other baby is,they having their revenge on those stupid ghosts that killed the father and that drove Tate's into raping the mother ( though he is still psychic i frickin' love that guy) and finally they winning against that stupid house,disclousing a BIG secret and defeating the evil inside the other baby XD

May 1, 2012 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |
    • higherstandards

I agree. I am feeling disappointed as well. I really thought they were going to do an expansion to season 1. But when I sit and think about it; what would the story line be? The harmons would be trying to convince everyone that is looking at the house to not move in? or would the try to find a way to come back to life ? lol i dunno. Hopefully the 2nd season is just as good! because, I was soooo inlove with the show! was something to watch after true blood ends!

August 6, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Savannah

They could have continued it though!!!!!!! I mean the son that we saw in the end could have started something!!!!!! And I really loved Tate and Violet's story and would have LOVED to see them work things out at least!!! I mean I can see how there wouldn't be a lot left to continue on, but there are still some parts that they definitely should have added more closure to!!!!! Honestly the plot change ruined it for me and I'm sad to say I don't think I will continue on watching season two...

December 16, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. shawn

That's called an anthology only with seasons instead of episodes and they didn't say this show was going to be one before people started watching it. I didn't think they would be able to come up with a good ending for this show. It was good because it had a lot of craziness in it but what made people want to watch it was to see how they were going to make all the craziness make sense and they didn't. They did all this crazy stuff and thought they could make it cohesive but they decided to cop out and came up with this. really dissapointed. I'll never watch a show made by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk again. I should have known anyone who makes a sucky show like "Glee' couldn't write a good complete show with a satisfying ending. I don't see watching season 2 and I was really looking forward to it because I wanted answer about what was going on with the family and the house. Now I have bittersweet feelings about the 1st season, I like the characters and most of the story arcs but hate that I watched every episode, while being afraid it wouldn't make sense in the end and to find out now that it's going to have such an unsatisfying ending.

April 9, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joseph Maniscalco

Almost every actor is GONE, to the creators, directors, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new dark shawdows Johnny Depp is a JOKE, Dark Shawdows was a Thriller in the 1960. I will watch one episode of Season 2, if it sucks, I'll watch Dark Shadows 1960-70, or The Twilight Zone 1960's. The movies at the show are not worth 5 cents and on TV there worth 2 cents. I rate American Horror Story a ***** stars 10, but the odds are you screw up on season 2, you always do.

April 3, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TOEFL Vorbereitung Frankfurt

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is a really well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

April 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Not Happy

Very disappointed. I could understand killing off some of the characters, since I too was surprised how fast they all died in the first season and the house is getting crowed, but one of the main reasons I continue to watch a series is getting to know the characters. Really, what if "Friends" or "Frasier" changed characters every season. I would not have watched it for years. I realize those are sitcoms, but there are other examples (remember Buffy?) They kept the basic Scooby group and changed non core group characters. By the time the series end you feel like you have lost people you really got to know.
    I cant imagine the show without Jessica Lange's character and her in that role. I'll give second season a shot, but will drop it if I am not happy.

March 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Damn

Could you just leave Taté Violet in it?! wil be very weird without them!

10/10 on this Season! (waiing for season 2!!!)

March 5, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jesse jones

can you just keep tate please he is uber hottt!!! haha im excited to see the next haunting and story line=)

February 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bex

Why fix something that isn't broken?

I just hope that it doesn't get worse and worse as each series comes on. like SKINS. it was awesome first season. it was ok second season, then BOMB!

Please oh please don't do that with American horror story.

You guys could SO carry on with the harmon family. plus – you did leave it with a cliff hanger.

February 15, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sam

Disappointed!

February 10, 2012 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  17. Lori

Cant wait I am with the person who said season 1 is the spike of new show and in this way it is a new show every season cool way to keep it alive or in some way dead

January 31, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dani

Sorta disappointed because Jessica Lange was really great in it, but since she's living she may come back! Who knows. Oh well, I think we'll all live. It'll be interesting to see if they succeed in making it just as interesting and having the same cinematographer would be awesome.

January 30, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  19. Adriane

Why couldn't they just keep the old characters and have them chase out and/or interact w/ the family that moves in?

January 29, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  20. Cece

I think this is a great idea...new story every season....on the idea of twilight zone.

January 28, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. Danny

I want more Thaddius!

January 23, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. Ughhhhh

honestly, i love the cast...im in love with tate and violet and i want them to get back togeher :'( i gope that they change thier minds or somehow bring their relationship into play somehow. they could have just brought a new family in? im not done with them yettt :(

January 16, 2012 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  23. iwashere

disappointed.

January 15, 2012 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Jessica

I have completely fallen in love with the characters. I can't believe they are doing this. I got attached to this show because of tate and violet. I was so excited to see what would happen between them in the next season. i loved how tate was totally psychotic, he had multiple personalities, a compulsive liar. I like the crazies. And what about the evil baby!? There is so much they need to wrap up with the first season. I don't even want to watch the 2nd season. I'm completely addicted to the old cast and it just isn't going to be the same.

January 8, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sara

Okay... I like the idea of going with a new house, and a new family or people or whatever it's going to be each time... with on exception. THe idea should have been incorporated into the first season somehow so that the audience was prepared for a new home and new cast. I don't think any of the old cast should come back but as different characters, It will be too confusing in my opinion. I really love this show, and it sucks that it's ending for the Harmons, but I'm up for giving it a chance just wish I had known and been prepared. For instance a scenario could have been.... On halloween sometime during that time there could have been a gathering at this new house or some instance like that where the ghost talked about it, or something instead of just ending it and no knowledge of it ending without further explanation on that one story. I will check out the new season though for sure because I really enjoy the general idea of both sides coexisting.

January 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cece

I agree, a good idea would have been to introduce the new family or house some how....maybe they will do that next time around

January 28, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  26. Lia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO New People??? what about TATE AND VIOLET?? I LOVE THIS COUPLE COME ON!!!
    :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I WANT TO SEE VIOLET AND TATE TOGETHER AGAIN!!! NEW CAST? HORRIBLE IDEA....

January 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • doug

The story is over...It had a beginning a middle and an end and now it's over....time for a new ghost story.
      Don't worry...you will survive.

January 6, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. CHEROKEE BLACK

AS FAR AS THE CHARACTER TATE IS CONCERNED I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. I DON'T THINK HE STARTED OUT EVIL. DID ANYONE SEE THE EPISODE WHEN HE'S A LITTLE BOY AND HE GOES DOWN INTO THE BASEMENT WHILE HIS MAMA IS DRUNK PASSED OUT ON THE SOPHA? REMEMBER HE ALMOST GOT EATEN BY THE MONSTER BABY AND WAS SAVED BY THE LADY NORA AND HE TOLD HER HE WISHED SHE WAS HIS MAMA. IMAGINE BEING A KID GROWING UP IN THAT HOUSE? I THINK THE HOUSE MADE TATE EVIL AND HIS MOM NOT PAYING HIM ANY MIND DRINKING AND LAYING AROUND DEPRESSED DIDN'T HELP EITHER. THAT'S WHY IN HIS WARPED MIND HE WANTED TO HELP HER GET A BABY. HE WANTED TO MAKE HER HAPPY. THAT'S NOT SO CRAZY. DIDN'T HE TRY TO SAVE VIOLET? HE DIDN'T KILL HER. SHE KILLED HERSELF AND HE HAD HIS FINGERS DOWN HER THROAT TRYING TO SAVE HER LIFE AND HOW ABOUT WHEN HE SAVED HER LIFE FROM THE HOME INVASION? I JUST DON'T THINK HE'S COMPLETELY EVIL. HE DOES HAVE A GOOD SIDE AND GROWING UP IN THE MURDER HOUSE WOULD TURN ANY KID INTO A PSYCHO... I'M JUST SAYING

December 31, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  28. cherokee black

I AM DIVIDED. I DO LOOK FORWARD TO A NEW HOUSE WITH A BRAND NEW CAST BECAUSE THERE IS NO WHERE ELSE TO GO WITH THIS STORY BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT MOURN THE LOSS OF THE FABULOUS JESSICA LANGE ( LIKE REALLY WHO CAN TOP HER?) AND EVAN PETERS. THAT KID IS JUST SO GOOD AT BEING A PSYCHO... HE REMINDS ME OF CHRISTIAN SLATER IN HEATHERS. A TOTAL NUT JOB BUT THERE IS SOMETHING SO LIKEABLE AND CHARMING ABOUT HIM. SO NEW CAST NEW SET AND SOME OF THE OLD CAST AS NEW CHARACTERS.... VERY EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT : )

December 31, 2011 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  29. morgan

I like the idea of changing it but i think they left a bit to much on Constance and her "baby" i hope they at least tie that int the new story, its to much to just be dropped.

December 29, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Devii

I honestly like the Harmon's. We never really got to know if Violet gives Tate another chance, or what the ghosts do now. I at least want violet and Tate in the new season cause to tell the truth, Tate is the only reason I started watching the show he has a mysterious charm to him and I know where ever Tate goes that violet should go to.

December 29, 2011 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
    • doug

Violet is reunited in death with her father and mother (where she should be) and turns her back on the evil influence of Tate. She chooses good over evil. Just because they chose an handsome young man to play the part of Tate, does not mean that he was in someway good. Sure he drew us in with his charm and good looks but he was evil (sometimes evil is attractive)...just look at what he was the father of.

December 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. douginyyz

I'm looking forward to Rosie O'Donnell as the Warden of a haunted women's prison.

December 28, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Christina

Ii think that without Tate and Violet.. i probally wont watch it. Evan Peters got me hooked on the show from the first episode from his incredible acting (and lets face it... hes a total babe). But from what ive seen on the show the ideas and twists that come out of this amazing show are what really are going to keep it good. I guess ill just have to find out (:

December 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. debbie338

Changing it up each season is an interesting idea, but my husband says he's not watching it anymore if Connie Britton isn't in it. :-)

December 26, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  34. Paul

December 26, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  35. john1

No more hot readhead maid ? I'm out !

December 26, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  36. Katie

Let me start out by saying I LOVE this show.

BUT without Tate ( Evan peters) it is nothing. It's a very dark show, very depressing at times, but this character brought comedy and fun into it.

Please do not get rid for him. Without him what do women have to look at ?

December 25, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

So women don't mind Murderer/Rapists if they are attractive?

January 23, 2012 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Zee

Agreed, soo much ._. Tate made the show for me.

and Danny- Not when it's a TV show.

January 28, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Cam

I love the idea of having a different cast and storyline each season, but what they should do is have all the seasons eventually tie into one much larger story arc. That way the seasons are all part of the same story and not just separate TV shows with the same name and a common theme.

December 25, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Kimmy

I LOVE this idea. I love this series!!! Why not show off good writing skills? Go for it and keep us interested.

December 25, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. mae

Evan Peters will show up on tv or the movies somewhere

December 25, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  40. KB

Most would agree that the series was excellent; well, maybe not the season finale. I think it is a fantastic that the writers are not making American Horror into a continuous story line.

December 25, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  41. ALEXANDRA

I think that the characters that are staying will be-Moira,Constance,Thaddeus(but with his normal look not as a infantata)Tate,Ben and Violet.

December 25, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  42. Alexandra

I will miss the Harmon family these 12 episodes are awesome,and i think this American horror story can not be replased.No season will be the same.......I will miss Nora Montgomery ,i really think im starting to become addictive to this show.

December 25, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  43. amps

i wish they wouldnt change the cast but it does seem like the wisest decision to start over instead of piling up ghosts, im thinking they will be keeping Lange. Maybe the next house will be the house next door to wherever she will be taking the demon baby lol

December 25, 2011 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  44. Lawrence

I think you all need to get out and do something with yourselves instead of getting so upset about changes in a TV show......... There's a whole world full of excitement outside, great people, great places, great food..... get off your buts and live a little instead of living through characters in a box!

December 24, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. shelby

Loved the cast from the first season, but it makes sense to change the place and people every season. They could only do so much with the harmons before it got boring.

December 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Nell

Of course they need to change to a new house and new people – they brought full closure to the story of the Harmons and the LA house. Imagine how boring next season would be if they stay there and just keep showing them scare off new residents and/or continue the killing and adding to the number of ghosts in the already cramped home. I'll continue watching.

December 24, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  47. The Outlaw

@Emma..thank you :~)

December 24, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. The Outlaw

Merry Christmas

December 24, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Olivia

So long as Jessica Lange is back I'll continue to watch. She IS the show. Absolutely love her. Enjoy the entire cast but she is spectacular in this role. So glad she got a Golden Globe nod. Hope she wins :)
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

December 24, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. The OutLaw

Can someone please tell me if the family is dead. I saw the first (2) shows and and I saw the finale and I don't get it. It seems like they are dead and chasing away people. I guess I have to watch the repeats.

December 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Rose

I absolutely loved the show... I don't really mind the idea, however, I don't think they rapped up the show very nicely in the current season. I just want to know what is keeping all the ghosts there. Also, I want a more definitive answer to the Tate and violet "romance". I felt the end left it kind of open ended where he stares at her and says he'd wait forever if necessary. Does his love for her really make him break and does he kill the next owners of the house. After all, Vivien does say there will always be more. And then the antichrist... they can't just leave it like that. I thought the ending was brilliant only if they were to continue the story in season 2, but if they aren't then the ending was just sloppy.

December 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  52. CeeCee

Thats horrible! This is my favorite tv show and the characters are great together. Season 2 should continue with the anti-christ baby and how it will grow up

December 24, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Emely

Im happy and disappointed at the same time. I will miss the Harmons and the house and all the other characters, and I hated how the season finale ended in a cliffhanger, but I just hope the show will still be as addicitng as it was for the first season. I'm happy the shpw is coming back, too.

December 24, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sarah

Hopefully they can the writers can think of a way to Jessica Lange

December 24, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  55. SANTA

Santa doesnt like this shoe. Too many mexicans on it. Having 1 as the gardener was ok, but an entire cast of hispanics just threw me off. Plus if they are hispanic, why did they go by the name Harmon. Ramirez would have been more genuine. Normally I like shoes like this but the hispanic theme was just odd.

December 24, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • amps

you completely lost me, what Mexicans?? did you watch the same version of the show?

December 25, 2011 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Toltec

WHAT MEXICAN SHOE? You make absolutely no sense. Who said the Harmons were Mexicans? I think you are attempting to write something humorous and you failed badly.

December 26, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
    • doug

Sounds like Santa had to much egg-nog.

December 28, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. jimmie

It sure wasnt very scarry. I watched every episode and it also reminded me of Twilight. That or maybe Dawsons Creek. Those Harmons just seemed too gay.

December 24, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  57. alecia

I love n hate holidays. love it for all the food to eat for my big belly. hate it cuz the blogs r slow n i hv no one to troll on boo hoo im so fat

December 24, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  58. Sara

I think this is a great idea to keep things fresh without redoing and rehashing the same plot with the same characters. Of course I would have been just as happy to see what happens with the demon son, but if what he said is true the old characters will reoccur, just not be the stars. I think that's a good concept. I get bored with the tv shows after about 2 seasons and the same characters. This will be like watching a new show every season with the same thing that draws us in. Cool.

December 24, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  59. Rob

I'm not sure I understand why half of the retards who posted here can't seem to come to grips with the fact that it's called American Horror Story not The Harmons. The point of the series is not to focus on one family but on different horror stories and what happens to the people involved. Jesus, get a life and move on. I look forward to the new season.

December 24, 2011 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Cosmo

Lol. You just made my day! That was hilarious. Teenage girls are so lame!

December 26, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • alovers

And Breaking Bad is about Walter White but it's not called Walter White. Everybody understands (or the "retards" do... you disgust me) that. You need to learn to get over other peoples opinions and respect them, and "get a life". "Jesus"!

January 30, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  60. jlynn

I dont know if its a good idea to change every episode I mean that will bearly give u time to get the feel for one house befor its gone but who am I to cast a stone I aint the one rakin in millions for a show oh by the way I happpin to love micheal myers scariest dude around

December 24, 2011 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  61. lenore

the name shouldn't be changed, the show is about horror story's in america... that concept is not just limited to the harmons... there is no where else they can go with that story without drastically changing it, its a dead end

December 24, 2011 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  62. anonymous fan

WHAT! The fans HAVE grown attatched to the first season's characters! I was looking so forward to seeing how everything unfolds. Ridiculous!

December 24, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  63. Miera

Seriously people? why is everyone complaining about all of the cast not coming back? Granted Jessica Lange was an awesome actress! and so was Evan and everyone else, but the story had gotten old and a little boring. After the episode where violet died it just started going down hill for me I mean it was still good but nothing like the 1st few episodes. For me the story was starting to turn in to a soap more then anything.

Plus There is nothing more to add to the Harmon's story they are all dead, no one can leave the house as they are trapped there for ever and cannot do anything outside of the house, they are living happily ever after as ghosts, have the family they dreamed of. what more is there to do? The finale showed it perfectly with the new family moving in; it will be the same thing over and over again : Family moves in, Mother will get raped by the rubber man, Father puts his hand on the stove, parents are oblivious to teen kids problems, their teen daughter/son will meet a teen ghost....same thing. How many ghosts can be in one house? there would be 1,000 ghosts by the end of season 3 that's if it even gets that far with the same story over and over again. Then the whole demon baby thing was a little out there, like how many other shows and movies did that story already? RoseMary's Baby, The Omen...etc

I personally think that having a new cast and house will make things more interesting and give a fresh concept to the show. I think that American Horror Story is not meant to be a series that has the same characters and story for long time like some other series out there. To me it is more like a series of Short Stories of different "Horrors" that different families have to go through which makes for an interesting idea for a t.v show. Give it a chance people you never know you might like the new cast and story better then the first one ^-^

December 24, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
    • ReTGur

EXACTLY! i don't know why everyone is so bummed about it. there really is nothing else they can do. i think the majority of these commentator's are either young Twilight fans, obsessive women maybe who haven't gotten any action maybe? i dunno, that's my guess.

December 24, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
    • doug

I'm with you...all these people with so many unanswered questions and no imagination to answer them.
      Just a thought however...How low a price for the house at the beginning of season 5??? :)

December 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  64. KLynn

I was really, really looking forward to every season being in the same house, with the previous occupant's ghosts now part of the menagerie. :(

December 24, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  65. LittleFox

Bring us a new AHS, we will like new characters just fine! I think this season was a successful wrap! (Psssssst,, keep Constance and the bad baby if possible.)

December 23, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Just Me

I've loved watching this show. I did get attached to all the characters. It is very hard to say which one was the most complex, intriguing and fascinating of them all. I will miss waiting every week to see what was coming next...Because lightning dos not hit twice, I doubt if they will ever be able to repeat what we got in this first season.

December 23, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jim

Given that there are about 20 ghosts in that house and the recent performance by the harmons at the end of the last episode, perhaps a new story makes sense and that everything the writers wanted to say was conveyed...

December 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  68. TJS

While it is an interesting and creative concept to change it all I really got attached to this group! And alot online when you "explore the house" that was never explained! Still so many unanswered questions! Maybe a spinoff called "Murder House" plus the new American Horror Story but please dont just end it here! Constance is too great and I miss Addie!

December 23, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Natural

It's a good idea to start fresh. With everything explained there's very little mystery left and it honestly wasn't even a horror show after the first half of the season. Starting fresh will let tension build up again and allow the show to live up to its name.

December 23, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Marie

I have to admit that I am disappointed.. I really did like the show and was really interested in seeing what was going to continue with that house and those characters. I just hope that the new storyline is just as good and if it isn't I hope the people in charge think about bringing the old storyline back.

December 23, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. tate

SCOOBY DOO! Im sure glad I made the right decision to not watch it. I would have been all upset and disappoionted like everyone else. It sounded too much like TWILIGHT to me anyhoos. Maybe they will turn into mormons and attack all us normal people.

December 23, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cross

It wasn't anything like Twilight, I don't know what wrong with all these creeps that are trying to make a psycho sound like Romeo.

December 24, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  72. Cross

LOL "What about Tate and Violet?" What about them? This was never Twilight. Tate is no hero and shouldn't get the girl. He is a murderer that slept with Violet's mother and got her pregnant. Who would even want them together after that? That's borderline incest. He was a great actor and character, horrible choice to bring home to mom and dad (Wait, he already came home to mom.) "What about the Harmon's?" It was stated from the beginning that each season would contain a new cast. They even killed off the main living cast so that you all get the point! The family got back together, the maid who was alone finally is part of a family. They wrapped the whole season up in a perfect present that even Tate's sister could walk you through it and explain it. How are any of you lost or heartbroken about such a cool idea for a show?

December 23, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • alovers

i dont know where you got borderline incest from. definitly... not... but you make other good points

January 30, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  73. Juliette

This makes me want to die. No, this is a horrible, horrible idea. I know many people who will stop watching if that happens. People get attached to characters. You're going to lose a great show, my favorite show too.

December 23, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Heather

WOW!! I was already looking forward to season two with the existing cast!! I can't imagine myself watching this show without the original characters. I just started to get used to and really enjoy the cast. I loved the Tate and Violet theme. I think so many fans will be disappointed if they enter in a whole new cast.

December 23, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Maryann D.

Really stupid idea to change the house and characters. Why ruin a good thing?

December 23, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  76. lastat

Awesome show keep the characters or u will lose a fan!

December 23, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Donna

Im slightly conflicted on the concept of a new locale, cast, and theme. I do like the characters of season 1 and to me there could be more there to be shown. I really liked Tate, Violet, and Constance. But I do understand that it could become dull and boring to continue to drag out the deaths of the house. A change of scenary might be refreshing and interesting to see. I just hope the show doesnt loose so many viewers that the show dies. Because American Horror Story really is one of the best shows this year and its one of my favorites. Im looking forward to season 2s preview.

December 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jeffrey

I'm completely obsessed and attached to all of the characters, espcially Tate's madness. Not sure if I'll be as excited to watch. This is kinda a bummer!

December 23, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Andrew

FX will seriously shoot themselves in the foot if the change everything. I LOVE this cast and storyline. If they change everything they'll just be creating a new show, not a new season. So go ahead FX, trash the best show ever to hit cable and see what happens.

December 23, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Natalie

I am very disappointed about a whole new season of characters etc. I really liked this program and have many unanswered questions that I thought would be answered as the storyline continued. Too many loose ends that need to be tied up to just move on. Wrap up the storyline, then move on to new characters etc. Not sure I want to get "hooked" by another season that would leave me hanging with so many questions.

December 23, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chase

Not sure what loose ends you have. The whole season was wrapped up nice and neat. Maybe re-watch it and see what you may have missed?

December 23, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • LittlefoxHeylittlefox

You folks who don't think it was "wrapped up" need to watch it again. It wrapped up beautifully and then some. This was a fun series, I admit I had to watch a couple of episodes twice to get it all. Not so scary as it was very clever! If it doesn't return, oh well... But I'll definitely watch a new season of AHS, whatever it brings, and I hope they do bring it!

December 23, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. meli

we need a better ending for tate and violet

December 23, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chad

That was the perfect ending to Tate's story. Sicko kid that deserves nothing and got nothing in the end.

December 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  82. kristyn

Im not sure why a lot of people are so angry at this concept, i mean its original and it keeps things fresh. Everyone is dead and im not sure what story line can develop from that without getting old and dragged out. I too fell in love with the characters but their "American Horror Story" came to an end and it is time for a new one with more scares, twists and surprises. With that being said I can't wait till Season 2!!!

December 23, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • charles

we all agree it was a great show .but were can you go from here.the story ended. lets see a new one that just as exciting .and thrilling..its like a book .start a new one.......

December 30, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. xxtheblackstarxx

Dragging out story lines are how shows get cancelled. They get lame after a while. Having a different American Horror "Story" will keep the show fresh and have us comparing on which season was the scariest/best. I think it's awesome.

December 23, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Kathy

Are you kidding me? I want more Tate and violet!! :c what the hell! I'm not gunna watch every new season to get attached to these characters and be left on this cliffhanger crap or whatever. Laaame rip violet and Tate. :,(

December 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Eli_Adamczyk

Love it... Quit while your ahead why ruin an amazing thing by dragging it out! Bring on the new "American Horror Story" the clue was in the name all along... http://www.imdb.me/elizabethadamczyk

December 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  86. maria

As someone who hasn't gotten too attached to the show quite yet....I think its a great idea to change the each season up. You can only drag on a horror story so long before it gets boring, and with a new story each season the series can stay exciting

December 23, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Chad

I think the idea is awesome. There is a lot of TV shows that were great but died a horrible death toward the end. some didn't even get a good finish. Having the same actors at times could get stale, also some actors think they have gotten bigger then the show and fans that made them who they are and they up and leave on the 5th season to follow their "movie career". We see them in one straight to dvd movie and don't hear from them again until they are cast in a new tv show years later.

December 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Rachael

I think ratings will drop. I love the characters as it is, and I'm left asking so many questions!

December 23, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • doug

So many questions? It was a short story. It's over now...any lingering questions are up to you to answer with your imagination.

December 28, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  89. ufoclub1977

That's awesome that the next season will be completely different. This season was played out to it's fullest potential for my liking, and changing it up completely sounds like a great way to bring me in to watch the next season... otherwise I would get bored and stop watching with the same old stale characters and settings.

December 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jill

Sounds like a great idea to me. Not much left to do with the current characters them all being dead, and going into some Michael Myers story with Tate's kid sounds...lame. I am actually really excited about the new season now that I know its all new!

December 23, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Luv2surf

I love the show so much! After hearing about the next Season 2, with new changes and cast, I got worried and my mind is full of questions: will Tate and Violet return? (I hope so!) Will the new characters be interesting? (I hope so!) Will the storyline still be interesting to watch? (I hope so!). I have to keep telling myself NOT to worry, as they will keep us viewers glued to AMERICAN HORROR SHOW. I'm pretty sure they have great stories to tell us ;)

December 23, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Mark F

First I would like to say that Jessica Lang was incredible. I was really getting in to the story line of the family but change could be good. I'm not sure it is a good idea to have some of the actors play different roles in the next season. It will be hard to forget their characters from season one.

December 23, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Littlefox

Yep, different roles for familiar characters might be confusing, but might also be fun. Let's see what they come up with, but I'll be JL will be back as Constance (I hope!).

December 23, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  93. geebee

I agree with Wayne Henry...going to another Haunted House, with New faces will ONLY keep this show "Fresh." Although, I too Loved the characters from Season One. Still, this was the Best TV program this Fall Season, but the Finale "was" a bit of a Let Down...I expect MORE!

I will be Front & Center when "American Horror Story" returns next season!

December 23, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  94. deborah

this is seriously such crap. everyone's looking forward to seeing how the demon baby will be raised, and i will refuse to watch if jessica lange isn't cast as a major role.

December 23, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Pebbles Flintstone

Based on the other comments, I must be one of the few people that think this is a great idea. How interesting to have a different haunted house each season. Really, how many years do you think this show can run with the same dead people in the same house from season to season? It wouldn't last past a second season. I bet the main actors come back as different characters and that sounds very interesting to me. The name of the show is American Horror Story and the changes make perfect sense. What about an old house on the East coast, like Virginia. How many ghosts would we have then?

December 23, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • LittleFoxHeylittlefox

Agree!

December 23, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna Marie

Within a couple episodes in I had a feeling that every season would be a different storyline, different house. How can they keep the story going within the same house. I love this show no matter what. :)

December 24, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  96. Jen P

I like the idea of a new house and new characters, but I was really looking forward to the character development of that demon child that Constance is raising.

December 23, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • LittleFox

Hahah, me too. That little character should make it in the next season, but then, he's the key to the season, not the show. They could start all over, with a different house, different cast, and I'll like it just fine. I think the murderous baby will make the next season. After all, he, Constance and the "burn man" are the only three who can make it to a new location.

December 23, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lisa Angel

Wow, not sure what to think. I will really miss seeing Jessica Lange. I loved her performance in this season but I guess I am ok with a different house each season. Now the last episode makes sense..lol. Looking forward to see who is in the next season now.

December 23, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Edy

I will miss tarissa </3

December 23, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Sandi Puckett

WOW!!!!

December 23, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Wayne Henry

I like the change up because after seeing the last show of the season "Afterbirth" I frankly couldn't see them doing anything different with the show. I am glad there going a different route and with good writers and actors the viewers will come believe me. This was by far the best show on TV this year! I am a big fan.

December 23, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Jim Shearon

why are they doing this crap there are so much horror things in the house 1: the demon baby. 2: violet and tate. 3: the new family moveing in?. 4: so am I the only one who really, really hates Ryan Murphy????? for Changing everything thats great in the house and season 1.?

December 23, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  102. simon kuvac

im not sure if they didnt change it they would have the Harmons scaring the new house owners away but what about Tate's son

December 23, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  103. bill

The house would be getting a little crowded if everyone who died in it kept coming back. This is a good way of cleaning house, so to speak. The story is the key, if it keeps your interest as this one did, then It shouldn't matter who is acting in it. I liked the characters too, especially jessica lange, who should win every award she is nominated for. I'm looking forward to a new chapter of american horror!

December 23, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  104. steve

I think viewers will not tune in if every season is different.

December 23, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Che' Lucci

I loved the first season and was pleased the Harmon family are together as a family(even if terminally eternal) LOL and DEF look forward to seeing what the show will bring next!

December 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Louise

They simply must let Taissa Farmiga and Evan Peters return. Two of them are so talented and worked so well with the insane storylines they were given. The idea of it being a new cast already is ridiculous. He should have at least gave each cast two seasons, ala Skins UK.

December 23, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  107. April

I was hoping this was just a rumor. There is still so much to learn about this house still. Well as long as some is staying okay. But really that would just be Jessica Lange which is fine by me I loved watching AHS just for her!

December 23, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Collin

I think that it's a wonderfully refreshing idea. This show has proven to be different from most any other show on television to date, and changing cast and location shows true originality.

December 23, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  109. alecia

I hope this season will have kitties ! Cats are awesome ! THEY MEOW ! :)

December 23, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  110. kristen

OMG please don't get rid of Evan Peters ill die and so will all the other females my age:[[[[[[[[[[

December 23, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • amber

i agree so much with youu ! if you must change the show atleast keep tate ! and let him stay as tate. he was my absolute most favorite character. he made the show AMAZING ! the show will not e the same without tate.

December 23, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Callie

THis is horrilbe! Change the name of the show then! might as well kiss this successful season goodbye.

December 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Anne

Really? Why does everyone have such an issue with change? It is television people! For crying out loud! The world is not going to come to an end if they change something. And guess what.... if you don't like it... don't watch it! Simple as that. Also, if you are so opinionated and think you could make it so much better, then do it. Make yourself some big bucks writing a script for a show and casting and directing.

December 23, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junior

Its not that we can direct it anne but like everyone says if their going to change practically everything why even keep it as American Horror Story might as well change the whole concept of the show?

December 23, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • doug

I'm with you...this season was a good story and fun to watch but I am looking forward to a new interesting story.
      Some people are so afraid of any kind of change...even when it comes to a TV show.

December 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

They should have had closure on the antichrist baby. It would have been better if they didn't even mention it if their were no plans to move further with it. Ticks me off.

January 26, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Melynda

Anne, I totally agree with you.
      Though I loved the 1st season alot, but i have no issue with them changing it at all! The 1st one was so good i am sure the 2nd, 3rd etc will be just as good!

February 16, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  113. Destini

I Got To Attached to ALL the Characters..They Are Going To Change Everything..UGGGHHHHHHHHH..

December 23, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Shane

Very interesting and provocative concept but...I really liked the Tate and Constance characters and without those two...I'm not watchin'. Jessica Lange and Evan Peters stole the show for me (talk about talent) and I'm really not interested if they are not going to return. Great idea...maybe even brilliant...but I just don't think I'm interested in getting invested in other characters when I feel there was so much more that could be done with the current ones.

December 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

You were interested in at least giving the show a shot before you knew how much you liked these characters, right? Why wouldn't you be interested in new characters? Maybe you'll like them more? Open you mind to something new and you'll probably be happier for it.

December 23, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

Exactly. I love Evan Peters so much and if he doesn't return i will not watch it. and even if he returns as the neighbor down the street HA ill be very disappointin

December 28, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Melissa

New House? New People? New theme? Why not just change the name of the show and it be a completely different show. I like it how it is....

December 23, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Sure, why not? Most (obviously, not all) reach their peak by the end of the their first season. I think it's a brilliant idea; kind of makes it like a season-long anthology series. Brilliant. Bravo to them.

December 23, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • doug

WHAAAAAAAAA!

December 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adriane

I TOTALLY agree with you Melissa!

January 29, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • se7en

I think they wanna change this time like what The Twilight Zone style in the 80s. Or SS Amazing Stories. It's a good Idea actually. I missed those type of shows.

February 24, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula

I know right!!! Awwwwwww! I just read this news and I am not excited. WHY if they were going to do this didn't they just make AHS a made for tv mini series last year and let it be the one time piece of gold that it was??? I just don't know how this is going to work. I mean there were times during season one that I felt the show going south, but I was a die hard so I stuck it out and I loved every disturbing provocative second. But this, changing the people and location and haunting each season . . . . Not real sure it will work. It is either going to be the most brilliant show in TV history or its gonna bomb like a big dog! If they can pull off the same magic each season with new characters and new locations then GREAT! But I dunno . . . . already i'm feeling let down and it has not even started. I just think that all of the hauntings should have happened in the same house. That house had so many ghost in it that we have yet to explore! There are loads of back stories that could have been followed and expanded. I think to have the Harmons, whom all the fans fell in love with as a jacked up but loveable family just go away after one season is frackin stupid!!! I am gettin more irritated by the moment just thinking about it! Oh well, bring on season 2 and I will give it a shot I guess.

March 20, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  116. Luis Ornelas

By Changing This I Think Views Will Drop HUGE! The Characters I Have Gotten Attached Too! And Want To See Way More Of Them!..

December 23, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Why makes such an effort to be so annoying with all the first-caps to every word? It's so distracting that I didn't even bother reading what you actually wrote. If your goal was to have people look at your odd style choice, but not listen to what you had to say, then you succeeded!

December 23, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard

Brits kill off main characters and replace them all the time in shows, Americans aren't used to it.

December 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Jim Shearon

Why In The Hell are They Doing this crap, I like tee show with the harmons. please don't change it.

December 23, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

I agree! i love Tate and viloet so much

December 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

well if you think about it, everyone is dead! so there has to be new, live faces that will show up. Now i would have never guessed that the Harmon family would die off so soon though!!

January 11, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adriane

I SO agree. I LOVED the Harmons, wish they would keep the old characters instead of changing it every season.

January 29, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
    • jill

oh my gosh!!!! i sooo agree!! i can't beleive what i just read!! so when does the new season start?? and how the heck are they going to pull this off? are all the ghosts in the house going to follow the family to the new house??

March 18, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |