Two more 'Fast and the Furious' flicks to come
December 21st, 2011

Two more 'Fast and the Furious' flicks to come

Looks like we may never see the end of the “Fast and the Furious” flicks. According to the Hollywood Reporter, series star Vin Diesel confirms that the franchise’s sixth and seventh movies are in the works.

This year’s box office smash “Fast Five” ensured that not just one but two more films were greenlit for Universal's popular franchise, which began 10 years ago. The two upcoming movies are being written simultaneously.

The best-reviewed film in the franchise, “Fast Five,” grossed $626 million worldwide.

But according to Vin Diesel, "Fast Five" isn't the only reason more films are being made. The actor says there's just so much car-racing story left to tell:

“With the success of this last one, and the inclusion of so many characters, and the broadening of scope, when we were sitting down to figure out what would fit into the real estate of No. 6, we didn’t have enough space,” Diesel told THR. “The studio said, ‘You can’t fit all that story in one damn movie!’"

No word yet on whether the upcoming installments will be released as a two-part unit or as stand alone movies.

1. Snarky

Meh, I liked this franchise better when it was called Point Break.

December 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. LDS

Not me. Cars are dangerous. Chariots of the devil. They should be riding bicycles.

December 22, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. WHATSHISNAME MEDIA

Fantastic, I am all for this.

December 22, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. Nephi

Merry Christmas, unbeliever.

December 22, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. carrieanne

@luke, considering Vin Diesel owns this franchise and the Riddick franchise he fell into a cash machine and will probably keep making movies and games whether you go or not! HAPPY FIRST DAY OF WINTER EVERYONE! Since its no longer pc to say Merrx Christmas!

December 22, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Nephi

Although I doubt your authenticity of being an elder, I do agree with your asesment of this type of entertainment. BTW we are not mormons. We are The Church of Later Day Saints.

December 22, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. LDS ELDER

This is an evil movie. Im glad Mitt Romney will be president soon. He will put a stop to this sort of rubbish.

December 22, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. big baddie

Fast Five was a good movie. It's a watch at home good movie though. I would not pay movie ticket prices to see it. However a lot of folks did and will continue to do so. I dont blame them for making more. If they keep buying them then keep building them!

December 22, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. Luke Cage

Are you guys serious? This franchise is so pathetic and laughable, should be more of movie of the week on SyiFi Chanel! Vin Diesel said and I quote 'there's just too much car story history too tell' are you kidding me? This is so typical of Hollywood . Anything that makes money from the zombie sheep(today's movie goers ) they'll continue too milk. And then try to make it sound important or justify the cash ins. Truth is if they don't make these pathetic movies Paul Walker and Vin Diesel would never work! I can't believe this garbage made $600 million . Wow people are stupid

December 22, 2011 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. Randall

Fast Five was definitely succes because of the inclusion of all the actors, their was action, a story and even jokes thrown in that also made it a good movie, but that is only my opinion. Cant wait for the next two!!!

December 22, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. Hailey

Wonder how many more Final Destinations they will try to squeeze out too...

December 21, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tom

I'm actually quite surprised that Fast Five managed to make an acceptable tied-together plot that involved the other 4 movies.

December 21, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. carrieanne

I love this franchise! Cant wait to see how they bring Lettie back!

December 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Observer

Well, I certainly won't fail to miss them!

First!