Sam Shepard, Jessica Lange are over
December 20th, 2011

Sam Shepard, Jessica Lange are over

Talk about keeping something hush hush: Actress Jessica Lange and her partner, actor Sam Shepard, are separated. And it turns out they split up almost two years ago, Lange's rep confirms for CNN.

According to People magazine, the couple started their romance back in 1982 and had two kids along the way. An unnamed source tells the magazine that Lange and Shepard are both "pursuing independent lives."

Shepard looks to have a number of projects lined up, including a role in Denzel Washington's February release, "Safe House," which also stars Ryan Reynolds.

Lange, meanwhile, is up for a best supporting actress Golden Globe for her work in FX's new hit "American Horror Story," and will appear alongside Rachel McAdams in 2012's "The Vow" - which coincidentally opens the same day as "Safe House," on February 10.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. PamelaP12

Oh no...I am really sorry to hear about these two. I really admired how they kep their priavte affairs business out of the street. How they moved to MN to raise their family and still kept up their acting careers. Really sorry to hear!

January 12, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. XYZ

ROFLMAO!!!

December 20, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Over Forty

@plungie in other words you'll be the neighborhood dirty old man/petophile,nice.

December 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. plungie

LIVE 2 SK8. SK8 2 LIVE.

December 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. plungie

But I will be a cool old person. Not a smelly old dried out prune. ILL still be riding my SK8 board and if kids come by my house iLL give them snacks and gatorade. I wont just sit around smelling the place up.

December 20, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Missy

HAHAHA, snax and gatorade? You are already the old creeper aren't you? Please post your address so we can all stay WAAAYYY far away from you. CREEPER.

December 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

that's what you think...wait until you get there. You will be left in a pool....since no one likes mean old people.

January 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jen

I LOOOOOOVE those lobotomys in hot butter. It is my favorire seafood. I wish those lobotomy claws didnt cost so much.

December 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. you with the old remarks...

You may get old but you won't grow up ...disrespectful people aren't sh!t,I wouldn't hire you to clean an alley because you're arrogant,pimple popping,lazy screw ups.Yes you'll get old and some of you will be fortunate to be in a nursing home some of you smart punks will probably end up on the streets or in an asylum.

December 20, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @plungie

U might have to pay her to do so

December 20, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. plungie

I will ask tracie to do it. She seems to like that kind of stuff maybe.

December 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. beavis

yEaH ! sHe iS fULL oF dOoODoOo.

December 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Eric Richardson

Never cared much for her. She seems full of herself most of the time.

December 20, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. beavis

I bet Jessica Lange had doooody diapers.

December 20, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. oldster

Im an old person. Almost 40. I cant help it if I poop my pants. I got incontenance or an irritable bowel.

December 20, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. plungie

Old people are just so gross. They wear diapers and smell bad. Sometimes they pooop their pants. Plus they walk too slow. They walk like they did number 2 in their britches.

December 20, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • antiplungie

Oh, I'm sorry, plungie bungie, did you just rewrite the laws of nature and decide you will be young forever. You will be old and gross and slow and a bunch of young jerks will be making your life miserable. Bet on it, you dumb kid.

December 20, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

Does ..plungie...have to do with a plunger we use to unclog our toilets ? looks that way.

January 2, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • guitarharry

Yeah, young people are SO cool; self-obsession is SO appealing. If only old people could walk around in a daze, staring at their iPhones and tweeting about what happened on "Jersey Shore" last night. Old people would be way cooler if they could stay up all night, doing shots with their buds, then sleeping it off in a coma the next day, waking to give their parents a call for more party-cash. Yeah. I wish I was that young guy again. Trust me, plungie, there are lots of advantages to not being a kid anymore...patience, maturity, better in bed, and just more interesting to other people. You'l see...

January 4, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • l

to Guitar Harry -

after your comments to the idiot, Plungie, I have nothing more to add....

You've said it all ! Thank you for your intelligent feedback.

Don't forget everyone (that works and gets a paycheck)!!!.....vote Obama out !!.. so you can keep more of your
      own money instead of it going to welfare (as that is what happens in socialism, which is where Obama wants
      to take this county)....

January 11, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. plungie

They are too old to be breaking up. They need to stay together for the kids. Plus the are both 90 kazillion years old. They need to be in the nursing home with all the other smelly old people.

December 20, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

And you need to have a lobotomy...

December 20, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

You are never too old to break up. You pursue your life independently if the relationship is strained or no longer worthwhile. Their children are likely grown and will have no problem visiting them in different surroundings. Never stay together for anyone's sake. It does not work. These are not the days when women were helpless without a man.....follow your bliss people. Your children will be stronger for it.

January 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • linda

even if you don't smell, You're (still) an idiot for writing that...

what is wrong with (you) people today....when did manners exit this planet?

if you can't blog nicely, PLEASE find something else to do with your obviously boring life.

January 11, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. King Kong

Jessica my girl. I must find her.

December 20, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |