Britney Spears gets engaged, changes Facebook status
December 17th, 2011

Britney Spears gets engaged, changes Facebook status

Forget about the holidays, Britney Spears is engaged!

December can now officially be designated not only Spears and new fiance Jason Trawick's birthday month, but also their engagement.

CNN has confirmed that the pair, who have been together since 2009, are now set to make it official. Trawick, who is Spears's former agent, according to PEOPLE popped the question on Thursday which was his 40th birthday. Spears dropped a few clues via her Twitter account and by Saturday had changed her Facebook status to "engaged."

"Tonight was one of the most magical nights of my life. Such an amazing time with my new fiancé and our closest friends and family. #Blessed," Spears tweeted on Saturday.

The pair reportedly celebrated with friends and family in Las Vegas on Friday night.

It will be the third trip down the aisle for the singer who in 2004 had a quickie Las Vegas wedding with childhood friend Jason Alexander (the "marriage" only lasted 55 hours) in 2004 and later married Kevin Federline whom she divorced in 2006. Spears and Federline have two young sons together.

« Previous entry
  1. Estados de Facebook

You have done a amazing job with you website

estados de facebook

July 16, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. frases para vos

You have done a amazing job with you website

July 16, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  3. http://2richmoms.com

Undoubtedly good blog – thank you!

June 28, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. affiliate marketing strategies

I think that is among the such a lot significant information for me. And i am satisfied studying your article. But should statement on some general issues, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is in reality nice : D. Excellent task, cheers

April 16, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Me

John- I couldn't agree more with you. And, I bet half the people commenting on this relationship could use a lot of help in their own!

December 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the_dude

She must be at a point in her life where she settles for old and ugly guys.

December 20, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Boof

It never ceases to amaze me how many people there are out there that live their sad, little lives vicariously through celebrities. So many of you get your little panties in a bunch over who is marrying who. Get over it people. Try to live your own lives instead of theirs. Trust me, you'll be happier for it.

December 20, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. RCDC

She is every old man's dream.

December 20, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. Margaret

so he's older..so what...as long as they are happy. the young ones didn't treat her that well did they...Good Luck Britney!

December 19, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. nonesuch

She needs help! Serioulsy she needs someone to loolk out for her, but yes, I have to agree, she is more than gross.....

December 19, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mmmmmm

@John: who cares?

December 19, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RCDC

I wish them for the best. Merry Christmas everyone...

December 19, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Olga

That old man looks like he might like little boys,You'd better watch him.

December 19, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. bes

Why are we still talking about this woman? If she sells records it's a pity thing, she has no talent is mentally ill and cannot care for her children properly. For my money she is very reminiscent of Judy Garland, bless her heart,.......only without talent!

December 19, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. Robert77

She was cute when she was young, but now, WOW, she is just nasty! She is just a 30 year old trailer-trash-16year-old-wannabe with no talent what so ever! Well, if you call wabbling around the stage while breathing heavely in a microphone and rubbing on sweating guys talent, then yeah you can give her credit for that! She can't sing or dance! And what's with that psycho smile she is always displaying?

December 19, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. Haily

...They look like a sugar daddy and a housewife of...you pick the town or state,nasty.

December 18, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Ka

I am happy for her, I hope they are happy – I don't think he is old – he is younger than my husband and I adore him. I think she is a very pretty woman that has went thru some horrible things (some by her own making it seems) everyone has bad times, not all of them are played out in the press. Also everyone grows and changes, so ii will give her the best and hope things work out

December 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mrs. ED

She is an ugly hillbilly that needs to crawl back up unerneath the trailer park dumpster she crawled from.

December 18, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. eillia

@Whomever you're absolutely correct,'my'opinion is just that,means nothing to anyone but me.No I don't know these people,but in my opinion he's old and gross.Some of you people that are criticizing me for my comments, on a daily bases call The Kardashians,Justin Bieber,the late Micheal Jackson amongst others everything but children of God.

December 18, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Brandon PM

I really DGAF what the haters say about Britney, she is now managing her life and career simultaneously good for her.

December 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. @little debbie

How many cup cakes you ate for the day so far piggy?

December 18, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. @eillia

And we are to assume that you and your other are the perfect end all couple and no one ever needs to have children because no one will ever be as perfect and ageless as you people?

December 18, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  23. ulala

well, i don't like her much but still, congrats.

December 18, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  24. Eillia

Who is this old man?He looks like he should be her accountant or tailor I hope she isn't taking care of that old goat.Britney wake up he's yuucky.

December 18, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  25. Sandy

Uninformed people...he is in show business, he is her manager for 3 years now and have been dating just as long. He also manages other top stars..he does not need her money he gets his cuts and her family likes him. He has their blessings...she is happy.

December 18, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  26. carrieanne

Who knows, maybe this will work. He doesnt seem to want to be in show business and evidently sees something in her that no one else does. Good luck to them both!

December 18, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  27. CIRCUS CLOWNS SCARE ME

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and GREASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSY.............BOTH OF THEM. She should feel lucky that even this OLD man wants her ( cough cough I mean her money ). I give it a year TOPS.......all the money in the world wont keep him with this mental HILLBILLY. He already has to SNEAK out for adult conversation ( among other things).

December 18, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Jake Ryan

As long as he understands when it is appropriate to capitilize a word, he's obviously better off than you.

December 18, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • A good friend

Who knew you were so perfect???!!! We should be just like you. With comments like that, I wonder why the world is the way it is. Do you even know Britney? I have known her for years and she is one of the sweetest people I know. She has a good heart and has done a lot to get her life together. And she loves her boys with all of her heart. How dare you judge someone you don't even know? Based on your comments, you should look in the mirror and take a look at yourself and hope to God that if you have children, they turn out nothing like you because this world will be doomed. How about going the high road and wishing someone the best and hoping they continue down the right path? Is that so hard to do? Instead of bashing someone you don't even know? Does that really make you feel better about yourself? Please grow up. Maybe you didn't have enough love in your life growing up and you feel the need to lash out at everyone around you. It is the season about being thankful and being good and kind. Maybe you can take that and learn to live your life that way.

December 20, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  28. Fyodor

Who is she? That affected screaming mouse? This is THE NEWS from CNN, indeed!

December 18, 2011 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  29. Lars Sweden

Good fo Brittney. I hope they will have a great time together.

December 18, 2011 at 5:11 am | Report abuse |
  30. Ex C.I.A

Who cares?
    Who is Brittney ?

December 18, 2011 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  31. CustomCartoonChecks

I am so happy for Britney – she looks like she is truly in love.

December 17, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Name (required)

Not sure who is skaaaannkier. Her or LiLo. Both are disgusting.

December 17, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Name (required)

I dont like her. Not al all. She does have lots of money though. Maybe he wont ever have to see or talk to the idioot.

December 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Volksair

Talk about "The Odd Couple"

December 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lindsey

I am so happy for her! Congrats to them! :)
    They seem to be a perfect match!

December 17, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tony

Congrats Britney and Jason! To those who have negative or ill feelings to others and feel the need to express them ( to make themselves feel better?), I hope you are someday brought out of your ignorance and experience life they way it should be– positively and with love.

December 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  37. wovoka

Man! This guy is older than me.

December 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. madhater

Who cares? Oh wait I do! I clicked on it. Read the story. Read all the goofy comments. Then commented myself.

December 17, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. so

what is her nickname for him..........peter the 17th..... (:

December 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mergatroid

who cares?

December 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. x/x

@guest..w.t.f. lol ..Anyway, i wish her the best.

December 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Thomas Twain

Opps, she did it again ! Congratulations, again !

December 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Grim Reaper

I smell tv mini-series. Hillbilly hits the shining lights, falls from grace, fights to come back finding love along the way. Only missing the country twang, talent-and the love interest answering to Colonel.

December 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. JP

I am happy for her. She appears happy, he appears to be a nice guy. She is with someone who is mature and makes her feel complete.

December 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Andy

I wish we had truth in music, like instead of calling Britney a singer, we could call her a Auto Tune Performer.

December 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Presy

All the best Britney, hope you know what you are doing at least this time...

December 17, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  47. Timbo

Ewwwww, she's as old as my GramMa

December 17, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  48. Zulu

Since she didn't invite me to the last wedding and most likely she's not going to invite me to this one, then I wish her the best

December 17, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  49. kay

Give the girl some credit! Everyone makes mistakes. Hers are just in the mkpublic eye. Don't act like you've never done anything wrong or stupid. She's been with this guy for a long time now. It's not like they met yesterday and got engaged. She seems to have a better head on her shoulders now and she's happy and normal for the first time in a long time. Maybe this one will work for her. Good luck to her!

December 17, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Sure we all make mistakes, but my mistakes don't include 3 marriages before the age of 30 (one of which lasting 55 hrs), being legally placed under conservatorship, being taken away in a straight jacket because I locked myself in the bathroom with my kids and wouldn't come out, talking in a fake accent and courting the press to follow my every move. My mistakes are more along the lines of leaving the chicken in the oven too long so it dried out, misplacing my car keys and buying the wrong shade of blue towels that didn't really go with my bathroom decor.

December 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. outawork

Britney who (cares)?

December 17, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  51. mistletoe

Hope their marriage lasts longer than 72 days... All the best, Britney & Jason!

December 17, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  52. Johny

WHO CARES !

December 17, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • runner305

Who cares? YOU do, since you not only read the article, but also replied to it!

December 17, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Alana

Sweetie, the world does not revolve around you. People can have interests outside of your own. If you really do not care about this, simply do not click on the article and read about it. It really isn't something to get so worked up about.

December 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I care,more than life itself.Now Ill be able to eat again.
      Some people remember where they were when the first man landed on the moon.Some people remember where they were when the Berlin wall fell.Ill remember Britney Spears 3rd marriage,and where I was at the time.
      I was on the toilet,squeezing out all of this tender emotion.
      I guess Ill have to skip grandmas funeral to make the wedding:(

December 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Eureka! I think I've finally figured out why people leave the inane "Who cares?" comment. I think it's their illiterate way of asking this question instead: "Why are all of you people posting uninformed, lengthy opinions about people (celebrities) whom you've never met - and so certainly do not know?" There's one thing having a passing interest, it's another thing seriously engaging in this nasty, third-rate nosiness.

December 18, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Tony

Britney has every right to marry whomever she pleases, divorce whomever she pleases as many times as she wants...so do you and anyone else for that matter.

I am relieved to see Britney happy and engaged in her future...She's more than earned it!

December 17, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • travhops

Well said. Sure a lot of judgmental, hating people on here, experts on others' lives. Must be a lot of perfect people casting stones.

December 18, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
    • KCV

Great way to keep it positive...don't sweat the ugly folks!
      I'm also happy for Brit, seems like her support system of Dad and Jason work for her...Congrats!

December 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mentor

Let's hope they both get pre-marriage mentoring so they learn the skills of successful marriage. http://TheSolutionForMarriages.com

December 17, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  55. Jessie

A mentally unstable & immature 30 year old who's still under conservatorship is getting married for the 3rd time? This is hardly the love story of the century.

December 17, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Kara in LA

I've seen her in interviews lately and she comes across as a giggly 16 yr old who's not terribly clever and kind of flighty. She seems very sweet; but this pairing smacks of her finding someone to "take care of her"; not finding an equal partner. Jason's likely thinking she's sweet and cute and likes taking care of her; but that's only adorable for so long – it becomes tired the older it becomes. They don't seem to have the maturity and balance that's required for a successful marriage. I wish them luck, as I think they're both going to need it, as I'm pretty sure they'll have a baby in short order, then we'll be reading about their divorce in a few years.

December 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

She's only engaged. She and her father, legal team don't want her to get married until all her legal problems are done. If she gets married while she's under conservatorship, the judge has to agree.

December 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kirk

Exactly Jessie – you took the words right outta my mouth.

December 17, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • CR from CA

Depends what kind of a conservatorship, and what powers the conservator has. The conservator may have the right to control her estate, her person, or both. However, those powers may or may not include the right to decide who and if she can get married.

December 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Sad how you all find it so normal to pick apart and judge a person whom you've never even met, much less know. This is all just supposed to be entertainment for us, yet you people comment as though they were your family members. Do you even discus your family members' lives like you do this stranger's? It's just entertainment; read it and move on to the next story about the celebrity you've never met.

December 18, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brittney'sBoxLunch

Purdiest girl in the trailer park!!!

December 19, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony

Yukk!! Gross, Sloppy 20ths, its like buying a used car not knowing who's owned it in the past with ripped up seats, car lighter dont work, gas gague is broken, pwersteering dont work anymore, floor mats are ripped up and has over 190,000 miles.

December 24, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |