Demi: Does changing my Twitter name really matter?
December 14th, 2011

Demi: Does changing my Twitter name really matter?

It seems Demi Moore wants everyone to back off about changing her Twitter name, saying she’ll do it when she’s good and ready.

Since the star announced she's parting ways with third husband Ashton Kutcher last month, fans have been wondering when Demi would change her social media moniker. The Tweet-happy celeb goes by the handle @MrsKutcher.

Well, the 49-year-old actress has a response: Mind your business.

"[C]hanging my twitter name isn't a top priority right now," she tweeted early Wednesday. "[S]orry it bothers so many of u. should I not tweet until I do? does it really matter?"

Moore - who has around 4.3 million followers on Twitter - and her estranged hubby (who goes by @aplusk) – were known for displaying their marital affection on the networking site.

If and when the actress does change it, what do you think her new Twitter name should be?

1. Lady Roche

Leave Demi alone. She will change her name when she is good and ready...................

December 16, 2011 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Pablo

Let it go Demi. Let it go. Just can't admit that you are too old to keep a boy toy around for long.

December 16, 2011 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Earl the Pearl

Eat more, she need some meat on those bones.

December 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. madhater

@skeletormoore

December 15, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. laura

Yes, I agree with the posts about the picture! She looks HORRIBLE! If she is that stressed out she needs to get some help before it's too late! She looks like she's knocking on death's door!

December 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. omg

@WGAS WGAF

December 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lake Erie

Does she look emaciated or waht?

December 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the_dude

Nothing you do matters. Go jump off a cliff.

December 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lee

@HemiSemiDemi

December 15, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Hot Carl

@bonylay

December 15, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. @amused

The best part of these articles is watching the cat fights and mud slinging that follows in the comments.

December 15, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rock

woot for hot anorexic grannies

December 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Scrappy-Doo

@emaciated

December 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. JL

Demi sounds like a snotty old b1tch.

December 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Becki

who cares about the age difference...she needs to EAT!!! She looks like a bobblehead right now! seriously girl...have a burger! can you say "Eating disorder"?! you can see her bones! not attractive. She used to be to die for..now...looks like she is dying!

December 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. It's not about age

Dont think age has much to do with it. More about the grass is always greener. And it might be, but it is just has hard to mow!

December 15, 2011 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  17. lorey

Demi is still one of most beautiful woman on this earth. You cheat on her? You need serious help. ??? Someone wrote they had open marriage? No way? She is up set so again he needs help.

December 15, 2011 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  18. canday

Moore is not even her birth last name. She kept it from her first husband.

December 15, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  19. CHANA

how about "COUGAR"

December 15, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  20. NCIS Junky

@AshtonsaHO

December 15, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  21. NCIS Junky

@AshtonsaLOOSER

December 15, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jehsea

Responders do not want to admit two glaring truths here.
    1) Biologically, older women with younger men works BEST! I guarantee you Ashton had the time of his life and is now a lover accomplished FAR beyond his years; and, he probably never ONCE wore HER out. I had a 13-yr. younger lover when I was in law school (as an older student of 35). Now, 22 years later, he STILL begs to see me. The second truth:2) You can say Demi Moore is "old" but if you had no knowledge of her age,you would not make that statement because she LOOKS every bit Ashton's contemporary. Those remarks reflect the age-bias women constantly confront as men are deemed more "distinguished"uas they age. So, Demi's new handle?
    @WanS'Moore?
    @MooreBang4TheBuck
    @MooreClassAct
    @DemiToss
    But she'll pick something classy when she is done grieving the loss of the promise of a faithfully shared life through thick and thin, not until it was not easy or convenient anymore. And she has every right to grieve that, staying @MrsKutcher, as long as she needs.

December 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  23. peacemonger

another hard news story...does someone need a degree in journalism to "write" this?

December 14, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. zoe

@herestoyouMrs. Robinson

December 14, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tawny J.

'Quote the lady never Moore'

December 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. madhater

@DemiWhure.

December 14, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Evel Knievel

@grandmahandsonyourpeen

December 14, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  28. 2cents

@feedme

December 14, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

That's what I was thinking. I was too distracted by the picture to fully read the story.

@needaburger

December 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. @Missy & Starrfire Trolls

Really sad. People leave, but you can't leave them alone. You lose again.

December 14, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Diver

@knowMOORE

December 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jay

Her name should be: "I am no longer a fool", hopefully she'll now keep to men her own age.

December 14, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ula

I am amazed at the number of people willing to contaminate their souls by spewing garbage and hate for no reason better than that they can. People who dip their typing fingers into sewage don't come up smelling of roses.

December 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. @trolls

Really?!? Are ya so bored that ya can't wait to post your cr@p on wyww ?

December 14, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Eserie

Demi I think your Twitter Name should be @D2bMoore....For one Demi you can be More, than anyone can expect. And 2, if yourback to Moore until you find someesle who deserves your time and smiles. Just some friendly advice...Wish you all the best!

December 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. .

stuf josie.
    every1
    knows your the troll blk girl

December 14, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Starrfire

I
    love
    sucking
    on
    cow
    b@lls
    and
    eating
    bacon

December 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. tracie

She needs to sit down and shut the hell up.

December 14, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Real Star

....this is the problem people do not get. Older women and younger men is un-natural and never works! Older men and younger women works perfectly fine. My husband is 15 years older and adores me as I will always be the younger chick.....sorry Demi (Ashton was never yours to keep – can't compete with 20 year olds also waiting to drop everything for him).

December 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Real Star

lol but when you get that age you would look it and worse

December 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • ConnieM

You're ignorant and should shut your cake hole. He cheated because he was a lame loser, not because he was younger. 50% of all marriages end in divorce in the U.S. Don't think you're especially immune just because you're younger. Your husband could leave you tomorrow. I'm older than my husband by many years and we're expecting a baby. We've also been married a long time. To say that it never works is false.

December 14, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seriously

It's amazing how people love to show their ignorance. You boast about your relationship with your older husband while saying she is too old for him. Divorce is very popular and your man could leave you in a drop of a dime. There are plenty young women out there that could take your man if your arrogance doesn't drive him away first.

December 15, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Just me...

Seriously?! – Geez! Isn't it pathetic how women degrade themselves to being some shallow barbie impersonator.

I'm the same age as Demi and my husband is ten years younger than I am. Sorry, but after 10 years with him I don't believe I have to worry about him leaving me for a younger woman, because I have so much more to offer than most of them. I do take care of myself (and expect my husband to do the same), but I promise you that my husband is with me because of who I am and not because I look like a 20 year old (why would I even want to compete with that??). I got so much better with age and most girls in their 20s simply cannot hold a candle to the refined woman I have become. You don't have to become an 'old hag' with age – you can become afully evolved woman. And if my husband was a guy that wants a woman to drop everything for him, I don't believe we would be married in the first place.
      Look, nobody wants to look at a partner that lets him/herself go, but I really don't believe this is the case here and I don't understand why women continue to buy into the fact that being a barbie or stepford wife is the way to 'keep a man'.

Newsflash: if you think that the only thing that is keeping your partner at your side is a youthful look, then maybe YOU are the one that should worry about your relationship....
      Real relationships are built on commitment and ability to compromise, not looks.

December 15, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |

@boobjob?

December 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jujubeans

@cradlerobber?

December 14, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Starrfire

Good for you Missy. It is good to be a nice caring person. You are an awesome and inspiring human being. One of the good ones

December 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Missy

I care.

December 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Madtown

No, changing your Twitter name does not matter. Just like having a Twitter name does not matter. Just like sending Tweets doesn't matter. You want people to "mind their business" about your Twitter name? You mind your business, and stop Tweeting what you think about everything. No one cares.

December 14, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ariel

@oldhag

December 14, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alana

Well, apparently 4.3 million people DO care about what she has to say.

December 14, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seriously

Obviously you care enough to respond to this article

December 15, 2011 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
    • DillyRat

Well said :)

December 15, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Madtown

Seriously
      Obviously you care enough to respond to this article
      ---–
      You're seriously a simpleton. I care about making fun of people who feel they're so important and special that they need to disperse every thought they have out via Twitter, then complain that people should "mind their own business". You're funny.

December 15, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Madtown

Alana
      Well, apparently 4.3 million people DO care about what she has to say.
      ---–
      4.3 million more than care about what you have to say!

December 15, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Ann

It is a shame that adults are interested in this crap. How did I land here?

December 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |