Kris Humphries: I'm moving on
December 9th, 2011

Kris Humphries: I'm moving on

In an interview with "Good Morning America" Friday, pro basketball player Kris Humphries was adamant about being ready to move on from his two months of marriage to reality star Kim Kardashian.

"Certain things happen in life and you've got to move forward," 26-year-old Humphries said. "Through everything I'm just focused on my family and preparing for basketball."

As he does that, though, the "reality" of his relationship with 31-year-old Kim is being played out for viewers on "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" - not that he's tuning in.

"The only thing I really watch on TV of myself is playing basketball," Humphries said. "I've never really been someone to watch the show on TV and stuff like that. My focus is really basketball, my foundation and family."

As for whether being on the show and surrounded by cameras impacted their relationship, the basketball player says he can't say for sure, since "it's the only time I've been married."

But judging from his response to Kim's divorce filing, that's a fact Humphries would like to change. Rather than sign the divorce papers, the athlete has filed for a separation from Kim and is seeking to annul the 72-day marriage on the grounds of fraud.

The legalities will work out on their own, he said. "Life is more about how you can help other people and making the most out of your platform, so that's what I'm really focused on," he told "GMA."

After reiterating again (as he did many, may times during the interview) that he's "moving forward," Humphries was asked if he still loves Kim. He responded with a chuckle, "I'm just focused on what I can control, which is being able to play ball and supporting my mom."

Similarly, he's not worried about how his foray into Kardashian-land will affect his reputation. "If people know me and know who I am and what I stand for, I think they know that I love to give back and that I'm a fun guy," he said. "I don't play into the gossip and all the things that take place."

Filed under: Celebrities • Kardashians

1. Barbara

too bad he can't move on with his mouth firmly shut. his comments make him look worse than her.

December 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. BigBadDaddyE

What a gold digging flake. She repeatedly says she married for love. What a joke. Apparently, her love only lasts 72 days. I'm surprised it lasted a day. Listen bimbo..do the right thing.. cut Kris free from any future financial obligations...you have done enough damage in the pursuit of `reality' tv......but this is REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!

December 21, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meh

This whole disaster is the best thing that ever happened to him. Nobody knew who he was before he starting tapping that fat @ss broad

December 13, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. PhilG.

Best thing you ever did,Chris,getting away from this plastic girl and her family.

Find a girl tall enough so you don't have to look at your belly button to see her.

Kim is a business not a woman-you got out just in time,dude.

Now you can go to whatever state you want and not bargain to do it.

And I'd bet your next girl will be very happy to go with you because she's into you and not a dollar.

Good move made.

December 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ratemusicart.blogspot.com

Hey people.....my website is officially up and running and I would appreciate any feedback thatt you all could provide. The name of my site is ratemusicart.blogspot.com. thanks and happy holidays.

December 12, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DERRICK

for some reason, my Gaydar is activated whenever i see him. if he is gay, please send him my way.

December 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. paddydon

Kim looks like shes ready to board the Millenium Falcon..What a disaster she is. Good riddance of her, Kris.

December 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. mark1

good work kris...got out just in time.

December 12, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. awdam

hope all involved get aids!

December 12, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. mark

Scott is the blame more then kourtney...he has what appears to be a dumb relationship..yet he gets her pregnant again?
    the only think Scott should have given her was her walking papers.

December 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • GINA

YEA...YOUR RIGHT MARK...AS TIME GOES ON SCOTT APPEARS TO HAVE NO SELF ESTEEM..HE NOW HAS ANOTHER KID ON THE WAY....HE HAS TO FIND A WAY TO GET OUT OF THE FAMILY AND MOST OF ALL GET RID OF KOURTNEY.

December 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margaret

Kris Humphries is the only 1 with the guts to walk away.

December 12, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gina

i think i agree with GOOD JOB KRIS/GET SCOTT TO WALK....I think they drive these poor guys nuts...Scott after this baby go baby..your cute and you can do it on your own...you need to give kourtney the peace-out sign.

December 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. GOOD JOB KRIS/GET SCOTT TO WALK

these girls are silly and kris is getting out in time......scott should have dumped kourtney she's another mess..they like to make the men look nuts.....

December 12, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lol !

Somebody knows a lot about the girl 'she' hates so much. 'She' really wishs she was her ! *she knows who she is*

December 12, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. deb4022

NO WONDER REGGIE BUSH DUMPED HER!! THOUGH HE IS CLOSE TO AS SELFISH AS SHE IS AT LEAST HE KNOWS HE HAS A HUGE EGO !!

December 12, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mr. John

Looking at the photo above, she has a weak chin with fat forming under her chin. I'm sure she will "have it taken care
    of." That's what they do in L.A.

December 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Trish F.

Imagine her riding a bicyicle! haha Her butt would hang over the seat about 8 inches! lol

December 11, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Tommy J.

I would be embarassed to take her out. Her butt is HUGE. i

December 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Johnny K.

One day, Kris Humphries will be THRILLED that he is not married to Kim K. He will find a real, down to earth, beautiful girl who will let him know what true happiness is. K. Kardasian is so phony, and money hungry it's almost sick. I can't imagine any man wanting to even "date" her, much less marry her! ugh!

December 11, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Alana

She has to have her skirts and slacks custom-made because of the size of her big behind. Oh well, she can afford it.

December 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. It's A Man's World

If Kim had submitted to her man she would still be married. Kim needed to change for him and not the other way around. women change and men take the lead

December 11, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. fernace

I'm gonna be Team K.H. on this! The Kardashians have "entertained" us w/ their "real life" Reality TV show, but Kim wanted to "get married"a lot more than she wanted to actually BE married & have a real live husband! Spoiled rich brat! If we don't agree w/ their show or their fame, why are so many people supporting them, making them multi-millionaires?Kris Humphries is a young man who was blown away by dating Kim, a beautiful TV "star" & it seems he got caught up in the hoopla! Good for him he got out before kids, & hope he gets his anulment! A 72 day marriage is really not a marriage! Not when you can count it in days!! Lol!!

December 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb4022

Very well said Fern.. Kris has been drawn in by true love vs Kim's impulsive lets get married.. lets have babies.. He has been made the bad person in this breakup.. NOTTTT.. SOOO..... Kim starts baby talk.. makes the decision to get off the pill immediately without even talking to him first.. then she goes to some girl friend for advice instead of being mature enough to know that babies are live human beings not something you can leave at home like a dog and see it every few weeks, months , years.. lets see who did that before.. she is immulating our great joan crawford!! MOMMY DEAREST KIM book in her future if she ever has babies. Along with her OCD of any messes.. remember how joan crawford was pertrayed in that book.. who does that sound like !! KIMMMMMMMM .. Kris you live you life and fall for someone who is ready to share their life and their closet with a little compromise!! Have kids later down the road when your through with basketball and able to be home and in their lives daily to have that special bond.. Stick to your guns.. You will make a great dad.. You might be a little rough around the edges but at least at 26 you seem way more mature than your soon to be EX.. good luck in all you do!!

December 12, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  22. Radio Host

Kardashian and Humphries wedding. Why did they do it? I think that Kim had 10/31 on her mind. It was a date she had used 80 days before they broke up. That said, what do others think?

Maybe Kim could have broke up with Kris like this hilarious you tube "Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries wedding snow globe plays wedding m" of ebay item 170745393108

December 10, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nashi

I think that family is strange but I wish I could screw Kim K. In every room in my house.

December 10, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jane

Team Kris!!

December 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. carrieanne

Big yawn...

December 9, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Reggie B

Man, I dodged a bullet on this one.

December 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Malyk10

Kris is trying to get over the whole Kar'trash'ian charade and it's pretty good 'cos no sane brother would like to have any dealings with that family. The hand writing on the wall is very lucid....Toxic Family, keep off

December 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Måd Råp3r

Kim is just a butt with a couple pairs of lips attached as a afterthought. How are her 15 minutes not up yet?

December 9, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. bored with the K's

Hope Kris gets the anullment. Kim and the rest of the Kartrashian circus should pitch their tent preferably on another continent. It gets really tiring hearing millionares cry about a split nail. Must be nice to be separated so much from the real world.

December 9, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Wakemewhenitsover

Best of luck to Kris – he seems pretty straight-up. Can't say the same about her – hope she goes away and is never heard from again. Her whole nasty family too. By the way, that video snippet of her punching him speaks volumes... about her, that is.

December 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. papakeith

he should not have been too surprised at the outcome of his "stint" with the Kardashian's..however, i believe the main purpose of todays time on morning tv was too actually one up them by doing nothing but talk about his foundation, and all the good things he is doing for other people..Sincere?? hope so...have you EVER seen one Kardashian talk about helping other, animals, or the planet..no!!! i rest my case...

December 9, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Snarky

Guy sounds like a complete tool.

December 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Observer

Humphries is ok, but Kim K is a liberal stooge.

First!

December 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wakemewhenitsover

Observer: Liberal? How so? And what's the relevance? Must every damn thing be about politics?

December 9, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pee Wee Morris

I feel sorry for people like you. Must everything be political? You must be a hoot to be around if you have no other interests or thoughts and assume everyone you dislike or disagree with is liberal.

December 10, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |