Not a lot of laughs for 'Three Stooges' trailer
December 8th, 2011

Not a lot of laughs for 'Three Stooges' trailer

The trailer for the Farrelly brothers' closely watched "Three Stooges" has been released, but reaction to it has been less than kind.

Starring Sean Hayes, Chris Diamantopoulos and Will Sasso as well as features from Jennifer Hudson, Sofia Vergara, and Larry David, the trailer is filled with typical "Stooges" humor mixed with more modern references, like an iPhone and Snooki. Uh-huh - the tiny orange one from "Jersey Shore."

Slashfilm has examined the teaser trailer in a state of disbelief, finding the thought of the rumored original cast - Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro and Jim Carrey - even thinking "about doing this movie" to be "totally insane," given how the flick's teaser trailer has turned out.

Film School Rejects, meanwhile, thinks you should "just say no" to the trailer. Unless "you don't value your eyes, your soul, or the possibility that Hollywood would greenlight an original and creative project," of course - then feel free to watch, the website says. Across the pond, the Guardian believes "nothing says 'out of ideas' like a voluptuous nun in a swimming costume."

The paper's hopeful that the actual film will do what it believes Bobby and Peter Farrelly do best, which is combine "low rent laughs with plenty of heart and puerile charm," but the trailer doesn't offer much encouragement.

But if you chuckled once or twice, you're not alone. The Boston Herald tracked down plenty of Twitter outrage, but admits there was some humor in the clip.

"The Three Stooges" arrives in full in April, 2012.

Filed under: Trailer Park

1. ab crunch

Hello there, simply was alert to your blog thru Google, and located that it is really informative. I'm going to be careful for brussels. I'll appreciate when you continue this in future. A lot of other people might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

June 13, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. muscle builder supplement

Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Very useful info specially the last phase :) I deal with such info a lot. I used to be seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.

May 16, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. laser light therapy

We're a bunch of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with valuable info to work on. You've done an impressive task and our entire neighborhood can be grateful to you.

May 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nikon announces AF-S Nikkor 28mm

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my weblog so i came to go back the want?.I am trying to to find things to enhance my website!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!

April 22, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hartley Services Cesspit Emptying

hi!,I love your writing very much! percentage we keep up a correspondence more about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this house to solve my problem. Maybe that's you! Looking ahead to look you.

April 20, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. make up air

I believe that is one of the such a lot vital information for me. And i am glad reading your article. However should statement on few basic things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is actually excellent : D. Excellent task, cheers

April 14, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jesse

P.s. the best think i ever saw with that disgusting troll snookie was when that god blessed hero punched her in the face. I love that man like a brother with all my heart.. Im actually going to look up who he is and send him commasary money!! He is a true american hero!!

March 17, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jesse

I like the farley brothers movies alot... Thats why this trailer made me sad. It looks terrible and to top it off they put people from that jersey shore show in it.. I have never seen an episode of the show and i refuse to. They are disgusting horrible wastes of human life. I will not see this movie because they actually gave those pices of human garbage money to be in there film.

March 17, 2012 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. peterhanson

check out http://www.imean.me for a funny blog/comment

December 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Stephen Mitchell

As usual, the Hollywood Establishment is anti Stooges. Throughout their actual career, 'The Three Stooges' were never given the true credit they deserved from the Hollywood world for their brand of comedy, that has lasted now for over 75 years. Like their antics or hate them, they are classic and as a personal fan of the Stooges, while I may not enjoy this movie nearly like the original Stooges short films, I will support the effort since at the very least it brings a sort of resurgence to the Stooges for a new generation that is not growing up seeing them on TV as previous generations. And forget the critics, me and my friends laughed our heads off at the trailer

December 20, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mike

I admit these 3 do a great job imitating the original stooges, but I didn't laugh at all during the trailer. I don't think this humor translates to 2011. Have no desire to see this.

December 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. john b

trailer looks gr8!
    i was stroking my boyfriends stiff rod while jerking off my manhood!
    we love to bang each other while watching the stooges!
    this is no different!
    he blows me and i blow him!
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....baby goo tastes gr8!

December 19, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  13. janus

i loved the trailer!
    my boyfriend even blew me and swallowed my load of babygoo while watching it!

December 19, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ryan

First, the Stooges were not stupid. They were all Vaudville actors before going in to film and all but Larry were brothers. They did slapstick comedy. A lot of what they did in their films was stuff that they did in their vaudville acts, and used what worked in the movies. This is classic comedy, not the modern stuff. You can remake the Stooges, and all those classics but they will never be the same. I know nothing about the movie but this scene looks like the one from the Stooge movie where they save a lady and her daughters farm on accident when they find oil in the well. However, if I do decide to see this movie, I'll wait until it's on Netflix where I can stop it and never worry about spending $10 on a movie and then $12 on food. They need to quit remaking classics. Doesn't work now days no matter who is in it.

December 18, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Manny

I find it hilarious!

December 16, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Keith

Ya, I'm on board for bashing the Sandler garbage. Where did this loser come from? How did he get a career? I'm proud to say I've never wasted a second of my life on one of his movies, except seeing a TV preview as I'm racing to find the remote and mute him. In the immortal words of Edmund Blackadder, "Utter crap."

December 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Bob

The man playing a nun at the beginning. Great
    The nun in the hot suit. Great
    Overall its pretty good. Why dont you boobs bash Adam Sandler BS and leave this alone. Ok?

December 16, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. David Allred

I liked the trailer. What else would a Three Stooges preview look like.

December 16, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  19. Randy

Don't know what trailer he saw, but to me this preview is very funny.

December 14, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lroy

I think either PG-13 or R. Still would rather have the original, but the voices are spot on.

December 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  21. lroy

I think the Stooge fans will see it (and there are millions of us). Didn't bother with the trailer, but based on what I've read, it sounds just a bit too risque for my taste. I think I will stick with the original. And I DO remember the cartoon...barely since I was only barely five.

December 14, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Erik

Come on We know it wont be world class comedy. But i think they do a good job bringing back a classic.

December 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Keith

oh well...probably all part of God's plan that I wasn't born any later than I was. I'll stick with the classics, and if this movie turns some young folks on to the originals, that's not a bad thing too I guess.

Time to scram....

December 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Alex

@ Keith. Watch the old films and you'll see big music stars of the day and celebrities making cameos. A&C had the Andrews Sisters in their films – if they were alive today making movies, darn right they'd have Bieber in their film. Just like having Snooki in the Stooges film. This is what they'd be doing if they were making films today. Duck Soup would undoubtedly have had an appearance by Jon Stewart somewhere.

December 14, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Alex

I loved the trailer but found the funniest part being the reaction to it. Are people really expected THE THREE STOOGES to be 2010's-style ironic, sophisticated humor? I mean come on! I see this as a cool tribute – based on the trailer perfectly cast, certainly with regards to Sasso (Jim Carrey as Curley? come on). Sadly this film probably will fail because today's audiences and critics just don't get Three Stooges comedy anymore. It's a sad thing they've lost – the ability to actually enjoy a movie for the pure silliness of it. As Enigma says, the main thing about this film is it'll revive interest in the originals, which is not a bad thing. And yes, I'd be all for an Abbott & Costello or Marx Bros. film of the same type if it generates renewed interest in the originals.

December 14, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Liqmaticus

I thought the trailer was hilarious, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

December 13, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Keith

ps....no more of these please...I'm not ready to see Laurel & Hardy rapping, or Abbott & Costello meet Bieber...

December 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Keith

...Umm, why not just buy the original 3 Stooges classics? Get the Real thing and laugh your head off....every time. I do.

No worries about any movie tarnishing the legacy; the one, the only, the Stooges. Nuff said.

December 13, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Erik

Actually it was pretty funny and I don't even like the three stooges. Totally went in sure it was going to suck and 5 seconds in I had to admit I was laughing. I have no idea what the writer of this article is talking about.

December 13, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
  30. godmatrix

I was expecting to blow it off but well I have to admit. I chuckled. The lobster bit just got me.

December 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  31. glu

I always loved the 3 stooges.

December 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jezmundberserker

I thought it was really funny. Most people on this thread seem to think the same.

December 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MDStewart

I thought the trailer was great; made me want to see the movie. The Stooges are slapstick humor and if you aren't into that, then you won't get it. Get a grip and don't take it so seriously!!

December 12, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  34. Shemp

I don't need to see the movie. I watched the trailer 4 times and am still LMFAO. Good, clean slapstick.

December 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  35. patrick

oh, and I bet you the Snookie scene isn't even in the movie. they do that a lot- put something funny in the trailer so we'll go but the scene isn't actually in the movie. That's a bit criminal.

December 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  36. patrick

we all took the bait. an unflattering headline gets more attention than a good one. that said, I HAVE seen a lot of movies that had great trailers but stunk at full length. this TRAILER is funny. the movie might not be. but I'm going.

December 11, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  37. montyRick

It's bad. Really bad. If you're an original Stooges fan, it's seriously cringeworthy.

December 11, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  38. Enigma

This will either make you say it doesn't compare to the original stooges' work or you will thoroughly enjoy it for what it is. Either way it will get people talking about the Three Stooges, a win-win. Never forget these comic geniuses.

December 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Alan

It looks brilliant! It's the 3 Stooges, people, not Fellini. Most critics are too uppity for this type of film and most women are not wired to appreciate it. I'm going!

December 10, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jafo

Looked like the 3 Stooges to me...

Same humor and uncanny imitations of the originals people. What did people expect? Oscars?
    I'm all for it. The Stooges were the best and I look forward to this movie.

December 10, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  41. Marc

Since I saw that trailer earlier today, I have talked to several Stooge fans and we are planning a bus load to the theter on April 13. We cant wait. I dont know what trailer the critic was watching, but I laughed so hard I was choking. Those actors, particularly the Larry guy were brilliant capturing even the most subtle movements. I'm hoping this will be as big as the Blues Brothers.

December 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. John Small

I thought this was a stupid idea from the get-go and this trailer only reinforces that opinion. There were only one Moe, Larry and Curly; it would have been one thing to do a biopic similar to the TV-movie of a few years back, but to plug three other actors into roles defined by and named for the actors who played them and present them as the originals is just plain silly. This one deserves to fail and fail BIG.

December 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Squidward

I don't think the original 3 Stooges would be reviewed well if they came out today, not unless their humor was presented ironically.

December 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  44. bighulawood

ok, it's not as sophisticated as as we all like to think we've progressed.... and yeah, I didn't outright belly roll.... but I think the trailer was genuinely funny and a little clever. It certainly made me smile more than those annoying chipmunk trailers.

December 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Critics out of touch

Reaction Less Than Kind. Really? What were they expecting? Another Citizen Kane?
    Get back to reality. It's the Three Stooges! What are the critics expecting? Trailer is EXACTLY what anyone who has seen the Three Stooges would expect. I am looking forward to this guilty pleasure.

December 9, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jim

Stooges always 'enjoyed' a limited, if fanatic, fan base. This is just, well, creepy. It doesn't capture the 'innocents trapped in a cruel world' vibe of the Howard Bros. and Fein. If this, like most trailers, is a collection of the best bits, it'll bomb.

December 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ted

A lot of people on here seem to take themselves too seriously. It's The Three Stooges; it's supposed to be low-brow, slapstick, physical comedy! If you don't understand that maybe you're not as smart as you think you are?

December 9, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Ted

Don't listen to this reviewer, the preview looked great to me! Looks really funny!

December 9, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Deb

My husband will think this is the most hysterical thing he's seen in years. It'll work – there's a lot of infantile guys out there...

December 9, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  50. Margaret

they are either funny or annoying...my father and uncles loved them so they've been in my life since my own childhood...
    nyuk nyuk nyuk LOL

December 9, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • bighulawood

"She was bread in ol' Kentucky! But she's just a crumb up Hhhhhheerrrrrrrrrrre!"

December 9, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Tim

I guess you either love or hate the Stooges but come on, this trailer is funny. These guys really sound like the stooges and their antics are right on.

December 9, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  52. Steve

There is no need for a biography... been there done that and it was pretty good. The Stooges didn't tarnish their greatness by getting back together in the 70's... they strengthened it.... just showed how talented they really were. You can't blame them for taking advantage of the resurgence.... they weren't getting royalties. I am a HUGE Stooge fan.... I thought these guys did a great job... I wasn't expecting much and I actually laughed at the trailer.

December 9, 2011 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  53. Steve

I thought this was hilarious! Nothing wrong with this as far as I am concerned.

December 9, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  54. Andy

Pure garbage...perfect for an american audience.

December 9, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  55. Doc

Admittedly, yes, i too thought we were looking at a biography.

With a little research, however, I find that the Stooges were an ever changing act, and that the only one that was really present in all incarnations was Moe. The idea of new Stooges isn't a new idea.

That being said, I'm not entirely pleased with the fact they basically carbon copied the original three for the new idea. I think I would have preferred a 'Heirs to Stooge-Fu' if this absolutely HAD to be done. And i don't think it did. Will i see? I might. On DVD. It's going to take some seriously good reviews of this thing to convince me to see it in the cinemas.

December 9, 2011 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  56. MollyMac

Oh My God. Thiat was just terrible. I thought this was going to be a biography, not a slapstick movie. Wow, I hope this dies a quick death.

December 8, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  57. PhilG.

The Three Stooges Legacy is so strong no movie as bad as this stinker looks to be can harm it.

The Stooges themselves ran their own greatness into the ground late in their careers.

And even that,cannot tarnish just how wonderful they were when it all clicked.

The Farrelly Brothers have finally encountered a subject they are ill equipped to deal with.

Comedic brilliance on a level so perfect,so sublime,to change it in any way,destroys it.

They would have done better to try and tell the story of these great men and the struggles they all had as they lived in an incredibly harsh time in America and found a way when entertainment was just a slugfest of animals trying to get at that elusive fallen beast called fame,money and glory.

I too had hoped that this new film would be something of a tribute to that greatness-that incredible human imperfection and humanity behind the real story behind the guys whose lives intertwined to make some of the most classic comedy ever made in human existence.

The Three Stooges RULE,they ALWAYS HAVE and they ALWAYS WILL and no movie however bad-CAN EVER CHANGE THAT.

December 8, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Claude Gothic

I want to see this movie 100 times...that trailer was the bomb!!!

December 8, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jean Marie

My whole family love those hysterical guys they were mesmerizing,and the trailer was as funny as h*ll.

December 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Beautiful Vixen

I don't get the humor in Three Stooges. I may be wrong but, I always thought the Three Stoogers is mostly liked and watched by men. Didn't see the trailer so I can't say if i would like it or not.

December 8, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Bill Crosby

I have no CLUE why people aren't liking this trailer!?? They nailed the choice of actors for the stooges and personally, I think it will be just as good as the classics. I'm gonna go see it.

December 8, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jasper

Some people have at least a gram of intelligence....the others like this movie.

December 9, 2011 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  62. theAntiELVIS

Now how about a Marx Brothers movie without the actual Marx brothers? Or a new Hope/Crosby road picture with some guys pretending to be Hope and Crosby?

The Stooges were funny because they were stupid. This isn't.

December 8, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  63. captnavenger

Uhm... That seemed exactly like The Three Stooges. What were the reviewers thinking they would get from a Three Stooges movie, aside from The Three Stooges?

Obviously, the people giving their so-called "expert" opnions on the matter have never actually seen a real Three Stooges short, or they would have known that this was was pretty much in every way identical to The Three Stooges.

December 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

The fact that they are trying to be identical is the PROBLEM. Do you prefer cover bands to the real thing too?

December 9, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  64. Shawn

Well... Maybe it was the law expectations the article set up, but I actually thought this trailer was pretty funny.

December 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  65. kd

I actually thought it was pretty funny, in a stooge way.

Young people may not get it (just as I never laughed a single time watching FRIENDS – not my style, I guess) but those of us who grew up watching Stooge shorts after school in the 60s appreciate it.

December 8, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Patrick

After seeing it a second time it grew on me a little. At least we got to see Snooki get poked.... uh in the eyes i mean. It might actually work.

December 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  67. mommajam

I thought the trailer was pretty funny!! Glad to see they are very true to the original.....I think this movie will do okay...it's not intended to be rocket science!!

December 8, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Festus McGhee

Should star Tim Robbins, Sean Penn and Alec Baldwin, so it can be called The Three Liberal Stooges...

December 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • captnavenger

Because a conservative doing exactly as we expect a conservative to do, by being aggressive and riling up trouble unnecessarily certainly says "genius" to me.

December 8, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Whitney

Loved it! lol!!!!
    Cant wait to show my hubby the trailer, im sure we will go watch it! =)

December 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  70. DB

OMG, whoever wrote this review must not have a funny bone in his/her body. My youth in the '70 and '80s was filled with watching the Stooges on TV. Put this trailer in black and white and you'd think it was for an original. I about died when the nun opened the duffle bag and got the Moe eye poke from the baby. April can't come soon enough.

December 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

Hey DB That baby scene was a SCREAM! loved it. I hope the critics that gave this trailer a bad review gets a chance to read these posts

December 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Loren

Anyone else think Blues Brothers when the way the car was driving at the beginning of the trailer? I can see why the reviewers might not like the trailer, but then it reflects the disconnect between critics and audience. The Three Stooges were never "high art" (the Marx Brothers held in high regard being verbal and literary and the Three Stooges in no regard for being slapstick) and clearly the Farrellys are aiming low and what I saw captured enough of the Stooges charm for me to think that if the audience "gets it" the move will make money.

December 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Ten bucks say you're wrong. The Stooges were funny in and for their time... pre-WWII America. Or, if you're eight.

December 8, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loren

I never gamble, but growing up, post-WWII in the sixties, the Three Stooges were on TV after school every day and they were still funny then. If you consider that lots of recent comedians, Jim Carrey being the most notable, use the same blend of stupidity and slapstick in their movies, why would you think this movie can't succeed, other than a dislke of the trailer?

December 8, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • captnavenger

It probably won't do well, but not because kids don't get it. I grew up watching the stooges in the '70s and '80s, and I and all my friends loved them. My 11-year-old son watches them on YouTube and he loves them, too.

If it fails, it will be because people are tired of the look of the Farrelly Brothers' stuff. It's always crass, and it always looks cheap. I'm pretty tired of that myself. I think people in general, are.

December 8, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Misty

honestly it looks just as stupid and low humor as the original 3 stooges... I don't see what a fan of the original wouldn't enjoy by this low brain inspired comedy...

December 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

Misty: I think the characters had good resemblances especially Larry........... however.. Moe and Larry looked a little too thin.

December 9, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  73. American King

Stupid is the only word to describe this trailer/film

December 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Superhiro

I've always like Will Sasso since his Mad TV days. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Plus, since when do critics know anything about what's funny?

December 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  75. RDQ

I have to say after watching the trailer I cant wait to see the rest of the movie. It looks like they nailed it with the 3 actors picked to play the stooges !!

December 8, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  76. MadCityBabe

omg – the three stooges....suck...why would anyone to remake that sh__t

December 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary Bowden

Because classic comedy never goes out of style or fashion.Unlike the supposedly funny crap that Adam Sandler does in every movie of his..

December 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • deanlow39

What a miserable life you must lead.

December 19, 2011 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  77. I agree with all of you

The trailer was a chuckle. The lobster & Snookie was a hoot. I got to admit, I will go see it.

December 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

They should have kicked snookie up her STINKY HYNIE and into the pool!

December 9, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  78. San Jose

You should never really listen to movie reviews on comedies. Very rarely is a comedy reviewed well. I remember when Austin Powers got slammed in the press, and look how that turned out...

December 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

So, what you're saying is no one should ever pay attention to what anyone has to say about a movie. Therefore, using your logic, we shouldn't being listening to you either. And, by the way, the critics didn't really like the Starsky & Hutch remake... and neither did the movie-going audiences.

December 8, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

I totally agree with you SanJose the critics can be hit or miss i'll never forget the critics trashed Barbara Streisand's movie Yentl they gave it only 2 stars. i saw the movie years later and thought it was academy award winning work. Everyone is a critic!

December 9, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steele

John you are a TROLL and your underwear must be hinged up around your lower lip. NYUK NYUK NYUK

December 9, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phillip

To the guy John, who replied to you. I think you simply like arguing, because you miss San Jose's point all together.

December 10, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  79. mamaof7

I thought this movie was supposed to be biographical?

December 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Scott T

Awesome, just plain teary eyed cause I laughed so hard awesome!

December 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  81. BC

This trailer is one huge guilty pleasure. The final gag with Snooki made my day.

December 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Barbara NinepointFive

People take themselves too seriously. I like these actors and think they are very funny. The Three Stooges are suppose to be stoopid.

December 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  83. bender

NYUK NYUK NYUK

December 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alan

Thank you to Bender for the proper spelling of nyuk! I thought it might be nyuck.

December 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. badpoetry

You know, I'm ashamed to admit how funny I thought the trailer was. The imitations of the stooges- Moe's voice, Larry's mannerisms, Curly's laugh- are eerily accurate. God help me, this movie might actually work.

December 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

I got a few chuckles from the trailer especially when they poked STINKY snooky in the eyes!

December 9, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • steele

Don't know what trailer the reviewers saw but everyone I know that looked at the trailer were roaring with laughter. If the movie is anything like the trailer this movie will be a great hit.

December 9, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Al

I found myself laughing. I'd like to see the movie.

December 9, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I think its funny
      I mean,there isnt much I wouldnt laugh at,and with modern references and the updated format their type of comedy really doesnt translate,I mean,the sandwich boards and being raised in an orphanage,or the working on a farm,its more depression era plot than nowadays.
      However,I like the stooges,and all that doesnt matter when moe pokes snooki in the eyes.
      Ill see this movie,It might not be right away,and I wont pay to see it(I wont pay to see anything),but Ill watch it eventually
      And when I watch it,Ill laugh like a seagull at an Adam Sandler movie