Blake Shelton's emotional night at the ACAs
December 6th, 2011

Blake Shelton's emotional night at the ACAs

Blake Shelton didn't seem his usual, joking self at Monday's "American Country Awards," and viewers soon discovered why.

As he took the stage to collect one of two prizes for his music video, "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking," the 35-year-old country superstar gave a shout-out to his father, Dick.

"I just want to say 'Hi' to my dad back home," he told the audience at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. "He's been having a pretty rough couple of weeks, and I know he's watching tonight. I love you, Dad, and I dedicate this to you, man."

Later in the evening, Shelton choked up while performing his current single, "God Gave Me You."

Shelton's spokeswoman, Tree Paine, told CNN the singer's father had been taken to a hospital with pneumonia that evening. After the show, Shelton immediately flew home to Oklahoma to be with his family.

"Thanks to every one of y'all who took time to vote for me for the ACAs," he tweeted as he left the venue. "And for all the thoughts and prayers for dad! He's happy about it!"

1. 24V Charger Fosmon

Great blog right here! Additionally your site rather a lot up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink in your host? I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

May 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chris

Funny... 1 comment related to the article and the others aren't...man there is to many stupid people out there. God Blessto Mr. Shelton and Family. Hope he has a speedy recovery!!

December 11, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. Cathy Fisher

My prayers are with you & your family y'all.... my momma just had phneiomia in July she Went home and after a week alot antibotics & she's better! 64 yrs old We gotta stay close when it's family!! We love & understand @Crickets10 Cathy <3 Prayers & God Speed!

December 6, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @inoculater

Or I bet you are that mormon that wears magical under wear. Mormons get offended easy. I think it is causen they are constipated.

December 6, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @inoculater

If you cant take a joke you shouldnt be on here. This is a fun place where we are all friends and enjoy kidding each other. You shuldnt be so serious. I bet you are a mexikin. A beeeeaner.

December 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @yea

U d!dn't get r!d of any1. Don't pat urself on the back just yet. I myself !'m sitting back- watch!ng n observer!ng u- like ! did last n!ght

December 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. @tracie

That was original-not !

December 6, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. @yea

I hope they get rid of you, You are the biggest troll out there. Big and fat like a hippopotamous.

December 6, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. yea

And get rid of the dodo talk, observer,lojenk, raciest comments and the g d trolls. Did I 4get any thing ?

December 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. innoculater

I hope CNN will thoroughly investigates the individual making terroristoc threats yesterday on the What You Missed While You Worked blog. Threats of violence are illegal.

December 6, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. portalpunk

Getting up early makes me FIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!

December 6, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |