Tom Cruise signs on for sci-fi flick 'All You Need Is Kill'?
December 3rd, 2011

Tom Cruise signs on for sci-fi flick 'All You Need Is Kill'?

Unlike counterparts Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise doesn't seem to have plans to step out from in front of the camera.

The actor is reportedly lining up another project, this time sci-fi film "All You Need Is Kill," according to Deadline. The movie's being adapted from the Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, and tells the story of an inexperienced soldier who initially gets killed in battle with aliens, but continues to relive the same day as he realizes that the end game could change.

Deadline reports that Cruise is working on the details surrounding the deal, but in the meantime, he has quite a few irons in the fire. He's starring in this month's "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" (out December 21), next year's "Rock of Ages" and then his Jack Reacher film, "One Shot," in 2013.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Tom Cruise

1. Cruise to Bermuda

Fantastic issues altogether, you just gained a logo new reader. What might you recommend in regards to your publish that you simply made a few days in the past? Any certain?

April 2, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  2. Constance Holland

Please tell me he's not going to be Jack Reacher.

December 22, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kawa Bunga

Jeez, Tom...get rid of the mullet. It makes you look like a frikkin' horse.

December 16, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. ficheye

This is the most fun I've had in a week. The comments here are a sublime waste of time, but hilarious in their juvenile content. I guess I really didn't expect anything objective, but the spelling errors!! How did any of these people get out of grade school? And that's the answer... none of them have. Haw!!

December 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike

Tom rocks! Been watching his career develop since the beginning, and wish I had an ounce of his smarts and dedication. Don't ever seriously see Tom Cruise retiring from acting. He's just too comitted to what he does, and obviously loves his work, and it shows.

December 8, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. engr tina

well tom with all said and done, you still remain my favourite actor, with the passion of christ episode

December 7, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ann

I can't believe anybody still wants to pay this whack job of a guy. I will never watch anything he acts in.

December 6, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. not firsty

I don't like tom cruise he is odd. Did not like those mission movies at all.

December 5, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. eduardo fuentes III

M you sound cheerir trolly mctroll. I bet you are a blast to be around. pip pip and cheerio.

December 5, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. David

Seems like Tom wont be going anywhere no time soon. Way to show longevity!

December 5, 2011 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Art Vandolay

Well this movie is destined to be a dud. And to Mctroll: as Rodney Dangerfield once said "I'll sleep when I die." -Art

December 4, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. trolly mctroll

ME TOO ! PLUS I WAS JUST KIDDING ! I DONT EVEN HAVE A JOB YOU TURD SAMMICHES ! IM GONNA SLEEP TILL LUNCH TOMORROW ! I RUUUUULE!

December 4, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Erockguitar

Plot sounds good. I liked it the first time when it was called Source Code.

December 4, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. trolly mctroll

Sleeping late and eating fries RULES ! : ) : ) SCOOOOOOOBY DOOOO ! : ) : )

December 4, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. trolly mctroll

I would almost rather be dead than go to work tomorrow. I will be there though. ILL go to work and take care of my family and pay taxes so other people wont have to. One of these days I might work long enough to retire though. Maybe then I can sleep a little later.

December 4, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. trolly mctroll

The only benefit of not being in prison is you can see terrible first run movies and you can travel around and look at scenery you donmt want to see anyways. I work-i am one of the stupid.

December 4, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  17. trolly mctroll

yeah. workin is for losers. today is your sunday and tomorrow morning you will have to get up early and go work for some bully jerk that treats you like you arent even a person with feelings. you will get treated really bad for not much money, then the government will take most of what you earned in taxes. Protective custody or segregation in prison is better than worning tody. Plus in prison you get free medical care. In segregation you are protected from the other inmates, have 3 squares, and y i free medical care. heat. air conditiooning, and can watch tv or read all day. Why would anyone in todays US even want a job?

December 4, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. Missy

Why should anyone work? Today you can draw 99 weeks of unemployment checks and congress is debating extending these benefits. Thats almost a free 2 year vacation. Ive heard the checks are often as much as 1200 plus every 2 weeks. That is pretty good money fo resting and watching The Price Is Right. If I were getting that much free money I sure wouldnt be whining about not having a job. Thats almost what I make and my job is living heck.

December 4, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  19. Missy

It is fun to argue with people here. I hope it doesnt hurt their feelings. Its all in fun.

December 4, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  20. AstralWriter

All You Need is Kill resembles Source Code. The two movies attempt to replay events which already occurred. Good concept that explores the mystery of death and what life can mean when you can change the outcome (The Butterfly Effect).

December 4, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  21. Mary

Every single time I come to this blog just to see if it has changed any, always disappointed but not surprised to find the same stupid a** juveniles playing on their computers and fighting with imaginary people. And saying nothing relevant, important,or anything that anyone but YOU gives a shout about! You are wasting space and your time by trying to be all these different people and fighting with yourself. Its just so stupid.your pathetic and a sorry loser. Think about it and how stupid you appear. You should be embarrassed. Try going to another blog and LEARN something.

December 4, 2011 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mary

Every single time I come to this blog just to see if it has changed any, always disappointed but not surprised to find the same stupid ass juveniles playing on their computers and fighting with imaginary people. And saying nothing relevant, important,or anything that anyone but YOU gives a shout about! You are wasting space and your time by trying to be all these different people and fighting with yourself. Its just so stupid.your pathetic and a sorry loser. Think about it and how stupid you appear. You should be embarrassed.

December 4, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  23. @timmy

No no no! The proper phrase is bedwetting, tree-hugging, pinko, commie liberal! Just sayin...

December 4, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  24. Silvercatrn

Tom Cruise is a horrile actor, he plays the same charater over and over again. I won't see a movie he's in because it's just a vehicle for his selfgrandization. and a waste of money Total Napoleon complex ....

December 4, 2011 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
    • LOL

Hey stupid. Have you seen Magnolia or Collateral? Tom Cruise brilliant

March 10, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Observer

Typical Holly liberal with nothing positive to say. So typical of the party of hate.

December 4, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  26. Tom Cruise's male friend

My b#tt is leaking white frosting..and hurts.

December 3, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. GunnerGA

Sounds like a much darker version of Groundhog Day. That does not sound original at all.

December 3, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Hey troll

I'm pretty sure she always spells her name Missy. lame. you lose again.

December 3, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  29. missy

Mjenk aka Lojenk is ruining the blogs for everyone. They are g a y.

December 3, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  30. missy

We H8 your crappy videos too you craaaipmaster.

December 3, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. timmy

Plus you are a crappy OWS supporter. You pinko sissy commie. Mjenk and Lojenk are the real trolls. A lil mamas boy that pretends to be everyone else while living in his moms damp basement and whines because he is too useless to work a job. You know you could be a garbage collector or pick vegetables like the Hispanics. Guess you are too lazy to do that you P O S.

December 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. timmy

That Mjenk Lojenk is just the worst troll ever. At least we have one of your names now you lesbian. Pretending to be a marine. What a low life. Stealing from the real heros. Wo you are a loser. A dirty lice infested hippy with crabs you caught from your own mom. What a total P O S.

December 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  33. tim cruise

Never going to see another one of his movies. Ever. Period. I mean it. A total g@y scientologist schmuck.

December 3, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Wow. I'm sure your announcement will change everything in Cruise's career. He's is really going to be hurting now.

December 3, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • LOL

He is one of the highest paid actors in the industry and can rock his career without entertaining losers like you. win win for Cruise

March 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jamie

I'm surprised Dianetics hasn't been made into a movie starring Tom Cruise.

December 3, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Guest™

So,the last samurai is going to be the last jedi?

December 3, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Hey troll

if u r going to troll her, learn how to spell her name. lame. u lose.

December 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

How about if you just learn how to spell at all before you start casting stones?

December 3, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  37. judy

you are an idiot

December 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Starfire

Alll of you are loozers and I am the champion I am the greatest i win.

December 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Starfire

FIRSTY ! I AM THE CHAMPION MY FRIIIIEEEENNNDDDS ! I AM THE WINNER YES I WIIIIIIINNNN.

December 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |