Tears fall as two go home on 'The X Factor'
December 2nd, 2011

Tears fall as two go home on 'The X Factor'

OMG.

What in the world happened on "X Factor" last night? There was tension between the judges, two of the best performers on the show were kicked off, and Drew couldn't stop crying! It's getting so hard to watch this show.

Everything started off on a high note, with the seven remaining finalists singing Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” together, and they all harmonized well. Marcus Canty, Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene and Melanie Amaro really stood out. Their voices are so unique and refreshing.

And then the eliminations began:

Host Steve Jones began calling off the names of who would move on to next week, and each contestant heard their name called except these three: Marcus Canty, Drew Ryniewicz and Astro!

Since two people were going home, one of the names was called right off the bat, and it was Astro's. WOW! He handled it well, though, and it sounded like he's learned how to take public disappointment after his big blow-up. I was sad to see the only rapper leave.

With so much at stake this week, I found it hard to concentrate on the guest singer. British artist Tinie Tempah performed his hit “Pass Out.” I'd never really heard much from this hip-hop artist but I liked the way he mixed rock with rap.

Now back to the drama: Marcus Canty and Drew Ryniewicz are both stellar performers, so it makes me question the voters. I mean, how could these two be on the bottom with the lowest number of votes?

Both had to sing before one was sent home, and Marcus went with "Neither One Of Us” while Drew sang “Listen To Your Heart.”

And then the judges weighed in. First up was L.A. Reid saying he was torn, even though he knows Drew thought he was being mean at times. Still, he sent Drew packing.

Simon blamed himself for Drew being in the bottom two. "I take total responsibility…I shouldn’t have chosen that song last night, it was too slow," he said. After admitting his mistake, Simon opted for Marcus to leave.

Nicole gave a line about loving and appreciating both of them, but at the end of the day, it was Drew who got the boot. It was up to Paula, then, and she said basically the same thing: She loved them both, but it was Drew who had to go.

Almost immediately, Drew begins to cry and hug Marcus Canty. She could barely compose herself, and Simon refused to really say anything at first before uttering, "I don’t think she deserved to go home.” Steve Jones asked him if he had anything to say to the other judges and he refused to speak. Could there be more tension backstage than onstage at the "X Factor" from now on?

So did last night’s "X Factor" shock you, or did the judges do the right thing?

1. Robe de mariage en couleur

Hi there I will be so delighted I ran across your web site, I really discovered you by accident, as i was watching on google for something different, Anyways I will be here now and definitely love to say appreciate for a tremendous post as well as a at all times interesting blog. Please do maintain the fantastic perform.
    Robe de mariage en couleur http://www.roberobes.com/

October 27, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ruben

Nicole completely failed tonight as a judge. She did not earn her paycheck tonight. At this point, the decisions should be left up to the judges. Based on tonight's performance, Rachel was the clear winner. If Nicole is truly a top notch performer, she would of had no problem making that decision tonight. Live up to your hype girlfriend! UGH!!!

December 8, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

December 3, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. TMT

I think it was the right decision that Drew went home. Her songs had no range. It was the same boring act over and over again. Sure she was a hit and a great artist but the fact is the audience needs diversity. I think Drew will do well in the future. Please tell Chris Rene and Josh to go home! They need the boot!

December 3, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. madhater

The suX-Factor? Bunch of sh!t.

December 3, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Barie

This will be the last year I watch X-Factor. First They need to get rid of the host Steve Jones (what a jerk). Getting rid of Astro should have been done the night he blew up. Yeh a rapper but he can't carry a tune who is he kidding. Beside he rapped so fast you couldn't understand a word he was saying. Drew, Yes Simon this is your fault. You made her into a one trick pony Slow and boring. Sorry. The arguments between the judges is what really ticks me off. How unprofessional. I have stuck it out this far so I want to see who wins but I think the real loosers are the Fox faithful. Bring on American Idle for some real professionals.

December 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kareen

Yea, Roscoe, like idol is the standard, B.S. Think back to the judges last year and in particular how Jlooooow and Jackson treated Haley. Yea, their judging is the high water mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roscoe Chait

I didn't say that Idol was great or fair, only that I expected X-Factor to be better. Frankly, I think the judges on Idol are dingbats. What I like about Idol is that the judges don't get in the way of the singers as much. Their advice, however, is just as crappy. So I think we are basically in agreement.

December 3, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Roscoe Chait

After the past 2 nights, I've sworn off the X-Factor. I thought it would be better than Idol, but it's not. The phony bickering among the judges is annoying. I'm tired of the lying and backstabbing. The songs are way over produced. I want to see and hear the singers, not be distracted by dancers and flashing lights. Worst of all is the praise the judges give the performers–they support their own and often bash the others. This is not real criticism. It's vicious manipulation, kind of like Survivor. However, I wish all the judges would be voted off the island. Astro had to go–weeks ago. The judges, especially Reed, has destroyed this child with his phony praise. Now Astro will be a nightmare for anybody who wants to work with him. Drew was bound to go, but not yet. Why haven't any of the judges, particularly Simon, pointed out to her that her lilt is a gimmick. I've heard it too often by country-western singers who use it sparingly. It is not singing, it's a vocal trick that should not be overused the way Drew used it. At least Josh and Melanie have not been voted off the island... er... show. So there is some sanity. A note to the producers: drop the crappy conflict with the judges. This show is not about them. Frankly, I don't care what the judges think. I want to hear the singers. And cut back on the overproduced crazy production values. They are getting in the way. But don't do what Simon did with Drew. Putting her on a chair was just plain dumb. At least a stool so she could maintain good posture and not look like a rag doll in an oversized chair. Even so, she should have gotten up and moved. I understand she is a bit clumsy, but I'm certain she could have pulled off something that looked like dancing. Her vocal was great on Wed, but that was an exception to previous weeks where her lilt killed the songs.

December 2, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mARCO

LOOK AT THE TWEETS EVERY 30 SECONDS! GET A CLUE!!! THE WORLD IS ANGRY & SADDENED! YOU ROBBED US OF THE "VOICE OF AN ANGEL" PAULA & NICOL OUT OF VENGEANCE SNAPPED OFF A WING. IT WAS LIKE WATCHING AN INNOCENT KITTEN HIT WITH A SHOVEL.

December 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. moon627

i hope Melanie wins it – she is the best singer by far !

December 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Artie

Who watches this train wreck of a show? Its so bad. -Art

December 2, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Elle

The judges are making this show all about them. I hit the "Mute" button on my remote whenever Nicole or Paula opens their mouth. And the only person on this show who really needs to hit the bricks is Steve Jones. What an incredible fool he is. Drew is crying her eyes out and this idiot sticks the microphone in her face and asks her how she's feeling. I though this show was heads above American Idol but, after last night, it has sunk below it. These contestants have become pawns in the hands of their "mentors" and it has come to which judge, not which contestant, America prefers.

December 2, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tad

Shame on you Paula!!! The audience should have decided! Not YOU! No longer a Paula fan or a fan of the show.

December 2, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. AS

all this BS is staged, Drew sucks and she should have been sent home long ago with those Dakota chicks. But the main problem here is you the American people we have wars going on all over the worls innocent women and children murdered and slauhgtered in Iraq and Afghanistan not to mention our young soldiers. Its you the American people that should be ashamed at yourself. Dont you have better things to do than watch the Xfactor and the khardashians?? what a joke..

December 2, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • renee

Maybe we deal with that carnage all dat long and need a 1 hr break 2 times per week! I deal with death every day..... on this soil. Why are you on this blog? Don't YOU have something better to do?

December 3, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jessie

Drew deserved to go home. She should have gone home a long time ago. She's cute but honestly I HATED her voice. The judges are good idk why y'all are hating on them. Rachel or Melanie should win. They are the best vocally.

December 2, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rhonda

This is getting really ridiculous! As we get down in the numbers obviously they are all very talented or they wouldn't be there. And obviously someone has to go home. I predicted Drew and Astro but I've thought that Astro was on borrowed time anyway since his little hissy fit. Drew, yes I felt bad and based on their final songs she should have stayed as Marcus messed up the high notes, but we all know that the 'sing for your life' thing isn't anything about who sings that final song best. She kind of bothered me because she started crying as soon as she made the bottom three, almost as if she could save herself by looking the most pitiful. But Paula's vote shouldn't have been a surprise. She said last night she wished that Drew would pick something upbeat (wouldn't we all), and she didn't. Simon's reaction was really unprofessional as I think he was more mad at himself but instead chose to direct his anger at the other judges. Again, at this point yes the talented singers are going to be sent home. There's only one winner! There's only one contract! You can feel better about it all by realizing that most of these people will still go on to recording contracts of some kind. And by the way, Astro was not the only rapper. Chris Rene is a rapper as well but his talent allows him to sing 'non-rapper' songs closer to the way they should be sung. Astro, on the other hand, turned everything into rap and that's really not talented diversity.

December 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Isabel

Wow, cynical much there Rhonda? Drew was crying because she was possibly going home not because she wanted people to feel sorry for her. Those were the true emotions of a young girl whose dream was ending last night. Goodness that comment of yours stirred my ire. As to Drew leaving over Marcus I am sad. I feel she has consistently sung better than he has and this was only her first time in the bottom. I would feel better if we knew that she was the second last vote getter. It is what it is and I hope there are good things in store for her in the future. I hope that on the finale night we see her slay an uptempo number and satisfy the naysayers! ;)

December 2, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. xfactor

Paula and Nicole are a joke and why are they even there to take it out on Drew is totally ridiculous. Astro i'm glad he's gone. Drew is unique, but that doesn't count in the music industry anymore – it's whatever everyone else is doing. As long as everyone is the same that's all that matters. Drew you keep on going and don't let these petty immature women get you down.

December 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JC-VA

All I have to say is I am glad Astro is gone. Who the h..ll thinks that kind of noise is music.....?

December 2, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mary

The judges need to be fired, expecially the girls. The whole show is a joke. Drew should have stayed. Nicole is whacked and a fake, Paula is a ditz. I am so sick of her and will never watch this show again until she and Nicole are gone. Simon is the best entertainment ever. I love Melanie and I hope she wins.

December 2, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rebbeca

Drew never should have gone home last night that was the judges fault they were just getting back at Simon and it was completely unfair to drew. Marcus is a cookie cutter singer a million just like him out there and has no chance in hell of winning. Nicole is a moron and Paula was just being spiteful. LA Ried had to vote for his boy that was the right choice. Drew may have not been an exciting singer but every week she was great she kept true to her own style which is what I thought this show was about? I think Simon needs new judges for the show next year Nimrod Nicole needs to hit the road with her phoeny personality!

December 2, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. mrskool

I agree with Simon – it was his fault that Drew ended up in the bottom – but i dont agree with Aaron that the other so-called judges voted against Simon and sent Drew home ... i truly believe they felt Marcus did a better job last night and i have to agree although Drew has a unique singing voice she didnt sing for her life last night. I was a bit disappointed to see her go until her crybaby act and then she yelled out "Jesus Loves You" which was a total turnoff.

December 2, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. LOL

Mimi YOU must have an interest if you took that time to not only read the article, but comment on it too. Thanks for wasting everyones time.

December 2, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Aaron F.

In the end the judges didn't vote Drew off or in favor of keeping Marcus. Drew is gone due to the other judges voting against Simon.

They need to stop calling them "judges" as they are clearly biased and spiteful.

AI was silly at times, but you always had the feeling the contestants were the performers and not the judges.

December 2, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mimi

Ppl watch this show ?

December 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sxvidrin

It's quite obvious the other judges wanted Drew to go, otherwise they would have opted like Simon did last week and let the public's vote count for the final send off! I'm dang angry they voted Drew off! One of the most unique voices that I've heard in a long time. Shame on the judges! They all have their own agendas! Although I will say my final pick is hard to choose. I'm torn between Josh and Melanie, but at the end of the day......it has to be Josh! Wish you the best of luck Josh! By the way the judges vote, you'll be lucky to make it to the end.

December 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  26. big trucker marsha

Big Marsha dont shed no tears. She is a big truk drivin mama. Gotta haul that load in my 18 wheeler. 10-4

December 2, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. James

It was ridiculous. Drew seemed like she would win. I've lost interest. It was interesting to see Simon so very obviously angry at the other judges and yet hold back. I think it will be quite frosty between them for a while.

December 2, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anyway

Are you kidding? She deserves to be off the show. They displayed her as a one trick pony. For a very young artist to come out week after week, after week...after week and sing all slow boring songs was a major misstep on Simon's part. What happened to challenging her with just one up tempo song? For that, Simon should take the blame for terrible mentoring.

December 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. portalpunk

guess who wins the X-FACTOR..... FIRSTY!!!

December 2, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |