Adam Carolla: OWS participants, Millennials are 'self-entitled'
December 2nd, 2011

Adam Carolla: OWS participants, Millennials are 'self-entitled'

According to the Hollywood Reporter, funnyman Adam Carolla let loose a serious rant during a discussion about the Occupy Wall Street movement.

In a tirade that’s going viral, Carolla goes off on the Millennial generation during a segment of an earlier podcast.

The former “Loveline” host explains his theory on why 20-somethings are involved in the OWS movement, calling the young group “f----g self-entitled monsters.”

Adam, who currently hosts the popular podcast “The Adam Carolla Show,” blames parents for creating what he calls entitlement issues, which he thinks fed into the Occupy movement.

“You should feel good about yourself because of your accomplishments. Not because somebody yelled at you to feel good about yourself,” Carolla, 47, says of parents’ penchant for participation trophy-dispensing and constant praise.

“[They’re] self-entitled pr--–s who think the world owes them a living,” the radio personality continued. “But then you get out into the real world and you realize, ‘I’m a f-–g loser.’"

Carolla says those in the millennial generation are participating in OWS because they’re ashamed of not having accomplished much professionally.

“They’ve been shamed by life because they haven’t been prepared for life," he explains. "They’ve had so much smoke blown up their collective a--s, by the time they get out in the real world and they realize, the real world doesn’t give a f-- where you’re from or what your mommy said you were or how pretty you are.”

What do you think of Adam's observations?

1. Locker

This from a man who hasn't held a real job in years and never seems to have a clue what he's talking about. I'm sure he doesn't really have an opinion, it's just a ratings/attention ploy for the stupid.

December 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Becky

Hate to admit it, but I'm a millennial and Adam Carolla is pretty much completely right.

While I'm sure therevare some hard working millennials out there who weren't spoiled by there parents, fact is the majority of my generation in their 20s now are either spoiled or have below average work ethic.

And just so im not casting stones from my glass house, as a millenial myself I'll admit that Im too lazy for my own good too. I was raised as an extremely evangelical Christian in a working class family and grew up in a trailer where my step father listened to Rush, who I thought was brilliant. Then in middle school, my parents split up, and I started hanging around older guys, smoking cigarettes all the time, etc. Even when my mother caught me smoking when I was 13, like a true millennial mother, she first threatened to ground me; but never did and eventually she just gave in and started letting me smoke at home by the time I was in high school.

One bad thing leads to another, and then I'm whining because I didnt have a cell phone when I was in 9th grade, so my mother, who's barely able to pay the bills, manages not only to get a carton of cigarettes a week for me; but also to get a cell phone for me too. Spoiled and I knew it, but I loved it.

Same thing about me dating older guys, and staying out late, at first she protested when I was 13 and going out with guys who were 15 or 16; but no matter how late I came home, shed never really carry thru with the grounding, because she worked too many hours at her job and was never there for me, so she couldn't stop me from leaving. By the time I was a freshman in high school, she was fine with me dating whoever, bc she wanted to be a cool mom.

She was a cool mom, but I was still a spoiled millennial brat, and I knew it but didn't care.

So when I was a freshman in high school, dating senior guys and smoking cigarettes all the time, She was cool withit, and I thought I was so mature and could handle it all. Yeah right. By the end of my freshman year, I wasn't just dating senior guys and chain-smoking cigarettes constantly, I was partying every weekend, smoking out or getting smashed drunk every weekend, and hooking up with college guys at the parties, staying out all night. But my mom was fine with it.

Then just a month before my sweet sixteenth birthday, I got really wasted, and apparently slept with another older millennial guy, who I think was in his seventh year of college, but still not ready to graduate, who instead was going to parties with you ger college folks, that certain cool high school kids could go to when we lied bout our age. Of course that damn movie Juno was out, as was the first season of mtvs teen moms, so I thought I could handle it.

Then my mother was starting to find jesus again, and all her evangelical friends started guilt tripping me about not having an abortion, cause that's murder. So I let myself get talked into having the baby. And dropping out of high school. And my mom was fine with it, she said she just wanted to love and support me no matter what.

So just like in the movie Juno, I had my baby and gave it up for adoption, although I never went back to school. My mother felt sorry for me, so she kept giving me whatever I wanted. Free place to stay, free utilities, free food, free cable and Internet; she even still buys me two cartons of cigarettes a week, and she doesn't make me get a job. It's a great deal and I know it, I'm horribly spoiled, but why would I do anything different?

Sometimes I feel bad about not having a job, but I get over it. I tried working at best buy once, right after I would have graduated high school had I stayed in, and so I lied about my age and said I had graduated high school to get hired. But the job sucked, and I was always getting in trouble with my supervisor for being late to work or constantly taking too many smoke breaks throughout the day. So I just did what any girl would do, and flirted with him just a bit to try and get him to not get me in trouble. At first he tried to resist, since he was a church going married guy in his early fourties with two kids, but eventually the fact that he was married to an overweight fourthsomething year old woman started to get to him and all my dumb teenage girl flirting game routine started to be too much for him. So one night when working late he asked me what I was doing afterwards, I looked and saw he had taken his wedding ring off earlier, and I touched his hand and told him I'd be free for whatever if he was free. Even though I was kidding, I could tell that he wasn't. So I submitted to him even though I didn't want to.

Then he kept pulling it on me over and over at the end of each shift, and I never made him use protection, because I lied and said I was on birth control, even though I wasn't. Then when I got pregnant and told him it was his he freaked out. I felt bad, because he didn't want to get fired or his wife to find out, so I agreed to have an abortion.

Then after the abortion he fired me anyways. And I feltvso wronged I called one of those tv lawyers and we sued them. They they settled with my lawyers, and nowi don't have to work if I dont want to. I feel guilty about it sometimes, but not for too long. Guess that's just life as a millennial.

December 22, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. sosofresh

Adam Carolla: A National Treasure. Say that with a straight face. Seriously, try to work it into a conversation today and say it with a straight face.

The guy is funny, though. He's a comedian and he's pretty good at it. He is not, however, a guy you want to rely on to provide you with a deep insight into the the socioeconomic issues facing our country. For the right-leaning folks who seem ready to anoint Carolla, please bend over and let this tasty quote violate your better judgment: "I am not agnostic. I am atheist. I don’t think there is no God; I know there’s no God." -Adam Carolla

December 21, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Anom

Just finishing up this semesters grading for a college course. 10/18 students will fail my course because they were too lazy to turn in their homework. All of them complained that there was too much work. Many of them quit half way into the semester because they were at a C average and they had never made a C before. My comment by into the class and put your nose to the grind stone. The only way to learn this material is to do it.

December 8, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jeremiah

Those who believed in the trickle down economy were shamed when it was shown recently to be a soak up economy. The same wealthy families and corporations are in control now that were in control back in the late 60's and early 70's, and if anything has changed they have only gotten bigger. And the expense is everyday there is less jobs, and the jobs that are left pay less and have less benefits and less hospitable workplaces, and the same people who have the money that pay our wages are the same people that control the government at every level through the corrupt lobby system has created. This in a time where we have less and less rights as individuals, especially as poor individuals. Wages are going down, jobs are getting cut, the government is taking away our rights and freedom, and the only people who have any say otherwise are the wealthiest 1% of the nations population. If your not a billionaire, you will be a member of Occupy sooner or later. They are just going to keep taking wages and benefits and jobs away until they find a way to take them from you too. And I have been to several protests and have seen thousands of people from all over the world and of every station, not to mention age, education and level of employment. Lots of people are frustrated with the current system and culture, and its not just unemployed twenty-somethings.

December 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Brian

Sure, you work for your prosperity. I'm personally not asking wall street or anyone for a handout.

What I am asking is that my government gets their act together and not give 7.7 trillion dollars to the banks only to borrow it back at greater interest – giving the banks billions MORE in profit. AND creating 7.7 trillion dollars where there wasn't before – which is going to just lower the value of the dollar.

That fks us all over – even Adam Carolla. His earned money is being devalued just like us all.

For me, OWS represents bringing accountability back into politics. There needs to be regulations that curtail the corporate influence over the lawmaking. Laws should me made for the greater good of the people – not the corporations. Sometimes the two goals share similar paths. Clearly we want business to do well and bring money into the US. As it stands right now – corporations earn record profits while the middle class in the US erodes away. All while the government continues to create money that didn't exist only to give it to these mega-corporations (and specially, not to the people).

Lets think about it this way. We have less than 320 million people in the USA. Lets bring that number up to 350 and pretend that we missed a few people in census reports. That means that everyone in the USA – including your infants, could have been paid $22,000 each instead of giving the banks that money. Of course, that wouldn't have fixed anything and just caused it's own problems, but it puts it into perspective how much money that is. That's everyone. My household alone would have got $88k. That's more than the average salary in the US and nearly as much as the top 20% income level.

As many people have written above – you do have earn your own prosperity. But just maybe we can return or create a state of government and regulations that prevent the mega-corporations from shredding our economy to shreds. I'm really getting tired of running a small business and paying my taxes while these corporations get out of it and even work it out so they get government grants on top of it – all while outsourcing more and more jobs overseas.

Lets get a clue here.

December 7, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bump78

I think one of Adam's important points is that sometime you can't rely on people you hold in contempt to give you a job or expect them to pay higher taxes so the government can employ you to do a job of no consequence. What people like Adam and I have have learned from some tough living is that you must make your own way no matter what it takes and this will make you wiser, stronger and more able to adapt to a world that is changing quicker than our Grandfathers ever imagined. You probably will not take over your fathers job at a plant which was the norm fifty years ago. You will not be able to raise a family on one income alone. You will not be able to work a "public service" career and reap equal benefits to your private sector counterparts. All these things are changing and will continue doing so. So the less time you spend complaining is more time you'll have to create your own position, business or society because that the way it is and will always be.

December 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ZoSo

Really? This, from the co-star of The Man Show? Carolla's the "f-–g loser"...

December 6, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. erockemad

Did someone mention OWS? RELEASE THE TROLLS!
    Seriously people, we have the right to assemble and the right to persue happiness. If you want to add substance to the debate then please do, you might actually find that the points they make are similar to those of the tea party. Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book.

December 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Barbara Neafcy

I am a visiting nurse, and RN who has been to Zuccotti Park in Support of OWS. I am not 20 something. I'm close to retirement. So were about 40-50% of the people there that day. Many of them were people who's jobs were exported top China and India and they've been unable to find more work. Some of the people I met were 75 and 80 years old, braving the chilly weather to make a statement about the Social security and Medicare they fear losing. There were students or recent graduates who haven't found work which anyone who keeps abreast of the news knows is occurring. Graduates can't find work and cannot pay back their loans. Many of the people are employed who like myself wish to see banks be held accountable for their rather huge part in the financial meltdown which is being paid on the backs of working people. Some of their angst is multi -faceted and includes anger at a Congress that has filibustered a jobs bill numerous times in 2009 and 2010. And again this year a GOP majority in the house was able to prevent it from making it's way to the Senate. Obviously too, there is frustration over the tax breaks that are helping these same wealthy bankers walk home with huge breaks in taxation, becoming gradually wealthier, as the struggling hard working and rapidly disappearing middle class, gets poorer. Funny thing, this isn't hard to figure out, yet many who have posted a comment are clearly uninformed of the facts. I have an idea. Let's all listen to the news, accurate news, before we jump in to the argument. :-)

December 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MeandI

I call for the separation of news and entertainment!

December 5, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ron Paul

Obama is a failure. Anyone who can't see that is a complete moron with their head in the sand.

December 5, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joe

Pretty bang on. Shocking for such honesty to come out of Hollywood. I guess they're not all Obama worshiping socialist hypocrites.

December 5, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ep_vet

Adam was occasionally funny in the past and tried to appeal to a young demographic but it just didn't work... and he found little work as a non-funny "funnyman." Now, he is trying on "mean comedy" that appeals to the over 60 crowd...you know, the group that doesn't need FACTS because they have FOX!!?? It's actually tragic because Adam is part of the 99% as he has drunk or snorted his little fortune away.

December 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Wee

If you feel it is necessary go picket the White House for allowing all these tax refunds, etc.

December 5, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jesse

My favorite is how conservatives always bring up the free market, and treat the mega wealthy as people who earned their entire fortune. Yet at the same time who do they want to give money to? The already rich. They call it trickle down economics, they call it bailouts, they call it helping job creators. It has a new name every time it needs a new name. Then the same people that get this money are the same people calling people who ask for a more fair tax code socialists. It's so insane it's almost criminal.

December 5, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jesse

I wonder why people could possibly be upset about the state of affairs in the US.

Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year, even though it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, even though it made $4.4 billion in profits.

Corporate tax revenue in 2010 was 27% lower than 2000, even though corporate profits are up 60% over the last decade.

Hedge fund managers who made a billion dollars last year now pay a lower effective tax rate than many firefighters.

In the US today, corporate profits are at a record high yet employment numbers have still not rebounded.

Nationally, middle class families have seen their income go down by more than $2,600 since 1999.

During the Bush years the wealthiest 400 Americans saw their wealth increase by some $400 billion.

The wealthiest 400 people in America now own more wealth than the bottom 150 million Americans.

The percentage of income going to the top 1% has nearly tripled since the 1970s.

Between 1980 and 2005, 80% of all new income created in this country went to the top 1%.

Today, the top one percent earns more income than the bottom 50 percent.

Now please, are you going to tell me that the bottom 150 million American earners are just "lazier" than the top 400 earners in America? If you honestly think that it's that simple of an explanation, I feel bad for you. Societies prosper when people are willing to plant trees whose shade they may never get to sit under. Instead, we get stuck with all these people who think they have the moral high-ground because they can just espouse a "work harder" motto. As if people working multiple jobs and barely getting by are not working hard. Jesus. I bet some of you are self-proclaimed Christians too. What a joke.

December 5, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sudbury

OWS will accomplish square root of FA....Corolla is right, quit blaming everyone else and get to it. We only get 1 time around this track so you don't have time for pitching tents and "fighting the good fight". You have everything in your power to have a family, support them and retire to the golf course. Who cares about the rest?, just take care of your own back yard.

December 4, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. trolly mctroll

Well then you are stupid. If you actually want to work it just shows how dumb you are. Do you want to be mistreated by a nazi control freak republican that wants you dead? If you want to work then that is what you are asking for. Working for lower and mid level managers is almost worse than death. Anyone that actually wants to work has never spent 20 plus years in heck.

December 4, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Charlie

Everything he said is perfect. I couldn't be more embarrassed for my generation.

December 4, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Wee

If you are trying to start get moving in the right direction. Get out of the park and hit the streets!

December 4, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  22. dude

Those who are over the age of 30 should not dare to judge the economic plight of those younger than you. They have played by the rules. They can't just go get a job, because there aren't enough jobs for them. They don't have ANY opportunities to start entry level and work their way up. They have been stalled from entering the work force for 3 years now. They are a lost generation and you would have to be 95+ years old to have experienced a worse job market.

So do not judge those who are going through an economy that has no need for entry level job applicants such as you never experienced when you began your own careers.

December 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • awat

Thank You.
      We're not trying to start at the top. We're just trying to start.
      Good luck to all of my fellow job seekers. Think Positive, the endless job hunting is depressing, but someday it will pay off...or so my Mom keeps telling me:)

December 4, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Parent of a mellineal

I started work in the small recession of 1974. I worked well below my abilities to get my foot in the door. I have now raised 2 sons who we successfully encouraged to achieve Eagle scouts. One of them has now lost his job thru no fault of his own, but has now started 3 of his own businesses to try to make ends meet. He was not an A student, but we raised him to understand he could accomplish anything he put his mind to. Sad that so many in this generation want it what others have for free. You can either complain that life is unfair or get your A– in gear and make something happen. I fear too many of this generation are ike the 5 people who were supposed to show up for a final hiring interview I was running last year – Then Obama passed the next extension of unemployment – NONE of the 5 showed up. I guess they were part of the spoiled brats who want it all for free instead of working. I have NO sympathy – even in this economy. Our plant closed early this year, but so far, everyone who really wanted to work has found new jobs.

December 24, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  23. dude

Occupy Wall Street, whether it realizes it or not, is an Utopian Anarchist movement. This is why it will not last. This is also why claiming they want things which don't belong to them is a misfired charge. They aren't trying to take from those who earn, they are trying to participate in an alternative system where everyone's basic needs are met. The assumption they are working under is that everyone will work as hard as they wish at whatever makes them happiest. That this assumption is false doesn't mean they don't believe in it, however.

The larger societal conversation about OWS is lacking in relevance because neither the protestors nor their opponents have figured out what the protest is really about. That's because what started as a couple of nights camped out by a handful of very young people has attracted a great deal of free floating anxiety in the society. Many types of folks have found a place to express their misgivings about the current system without understanding what this protest was even about. Same goes for the anti-protestors, if not more so.

In time, OWS will peter out like all attempts to recreate Utopia. However, the urge to reshape a just and virtuous society is at it's core a noble one and while ultimately foolish is nobody's idea of easy.

December 4, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. poopmeister

Yeah he might have worked his butt off to get where he is at but does that mean that we should generalize all comedians and stick them in the same boat. He has no right to assume that all of OWS is 20 something kids that are too lazy to work. It's an epidemic and I would rather have those lazy OWS's represent me than politicians or Adam Carolla. We don't need jobs, as much as we need a sense of fairness. If only the Wall Street barons would put 5% of their income into upstart business ventures, something to show a sense of responsiblity and growth, maybe OWS would stop protesting. Instead, they are probably gonna go buy a new summer home and yacht.....their money their choice.

December 4, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. murray

Carolla worked very hard and deserves his success as a media baboon, doing pointless and unfunny things to generate an avalanche of alpha waves among millions of bored and ignorant television viewers.

December 4, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Anon

As I've said before, good points about OWS. And because some of them may be lazy, we should definitely let the financial industry rip off the middle class.

December 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Missy

Im a hippopotamous. NNNRRRRRAAAAH. that was a cool hippo noise. NNNRRRRRRAAAAAH.

December 4, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. jag

Spot on Adam. You hit the nail on the head

December 4, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • murray

Agreed. Adam Carolla worked so hard to get where he is and deserves his status as an unfunny, gross and incompetent comedian. And you love him! I am proud of your insight and bravery.

December 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Wee

Such bull – there are jobs out there to be had. The trouble is these people with so called college degrees want to start at the top and not start at the bottom and work their way up the ladder. You have to WORK for what you want. You can't knock someone for having 2 jobs to make ends meet. Give them credit. The way they find two jobs I am sure, if you get off your butt you can find ONE!

December 4, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  30. Nikki

John – there are 4 unemployed people for every open job available. Hard to work 70 hrs/wk with no jobs available. Plus, you've got people working 2 jobs just to get by – there went more jobs. OWS people have nothing else to do than camp out – they've got no prospects, even with college degrees. Everything can be made cheaper (read: practically slave labor) elsewhere, so businesses here choose cheap over socially responsible every time.

December 4, 2011 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  31. Wee

You go Garth – maybe all these cry babies should walk a little in your shoes. Get off their butts and work a little instead of trying to ride on someone else's coat tails!!

December 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. John

This is a guy who worked 70 hours a eek cleaning carpets and building houses before he took Groundlings classes and night and fought his way into show business. He is the epitome of the American Dream. He worked his ass off and doesn't have much respect for people what don't do the same. I think Adam is one of the smartest, most insightful people in the business and the world is a better place with him in it.

December 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Superhiro

I'd say he's half right. The main problem is that the Occupy movement has no message. It's just a bunch of 20 somethings, that are generally upset, but they don't really understand exactly why. Until they know what they're talking about, they really shouldn't be taken seriously.

December 3, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  34. purebredmutt

Another Hollywood expert, unfortunately, by the time the masses figure out what this movement is about, it will be far too late.

December 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  35. poopmeister

Wow, way off topic. Although I love hotdogs and banana sandwiches, I love Adam Carolla more. Unfortunately even though he is ranting about the protestors, painting a lazy won't work hard generational thing, he is way off base. I'm pretty sure there is a broader picture. OWS might not stand for one solid concept but it does speak to the notion that there is an unfair field of play. This country is telling it's citizens that if you make a lot of money you can go out and buy the system for your own personal gains. Nothing is properly regulated and we are constantly seeing the aftermath of that. If our wealthiest members of society could be trusted not to try and find sneaky ways around their shady business handlings, then we wouldn't have to protest against them. OWS is only criticized because they don't have enough money to sway public opinion, even though public opinion agrees with their round about message.......CLOSE ALL THE LOOPHOLES NOW!!

December 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |

36. Oh look, a fading celeb making broad generalizations. Stick to occasionally being funny and stay out of politics, gramps.

December 3, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Starfire

Sometimes I wish I wasnt married. Cleaning house and making bananna sandwiches and hotdogs is hard work.

December 3, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. M I A

@name hijacker You don't give up, do ya? I don't believe you have a husband – you wouldn't talk like that if you did.

December 3, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Starfire

I bet Garth is going to eat a sissy salad for supper. Im making my family REAL food. Hot dogs and baked beans and potatoe chpis.

December 3, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Starfire

GARTH IS A LOOOOOOOZER. I bet you have never been firsty onm a blog in your life. Plus you sound all boaring working and living in a dump. My hubby said anyone dumb enough to go to school must be stuupid. I will race you in mt camaro any day. You junky jeep driver.

December 3, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. missy

Garth sounds like a lesbian. Anyone who goes to school is a nerdy lesbian.

December 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. missy

Not me. Jeeps are for gays. I like my 68 camaro. It has a 454 and will haul the mail. My husband built it for me.

December 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Garth

He is dead on the mark! I worked night shift as a hotel bellman while making school loans and going to school, completed college (10 years for a masters degree because that's the only way I could do it while working), focused on my career and saved money to buy a modest house within my means (not what the lenders said I qualified for) on which I have not defaulted. I drive an older model Jeep that is paid for and not a BMW..... I still pay my school loans, my credit cards and my mortgage. I do not expect anyone to bail me out, and I have not put myself in that position. It really p_ sses me off that some of these individuals want the government to forgive their school loans! I was taught by my grandparents and my parents' actions to take pride in hard work .... that through drive and determination you will succeed and regardless of any setbacks along the way, you get back up, you continue to fight. Life is not easy ..... but you continue the struggle because that is what winners do!

December 3, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  44. nancy 1962

Maybe they could wait until it is really really cold then spray the hippies down with fire hoses. The water would freeze. They would be chilly hippys.

December 3, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  45. nancy 1962

That is a wonderful idea. The police could also get a dozen or so steam rollers and start at one end of the hippie camps and just drive across it, squashing hippies and their tents and all. That would flatten them out ! There are lots of great things the govt should do to these worthless lazy losers.

December 3, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  46. ditto

OWS kids are just hippy wannabes having a party. I agree with the guy that said give the police chainsaws and send them after those potheads. If the police chopped the arms and legs off of about 10 percent of these dirty losers I bet the rest would straighten up and fly right. Thats what I think. They shoud chop these hippies into little pieces.

December 3, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  47. Marie

Finally – well done Adam. Instead of sitting on their a _ _ smoking pot and doing other drugs while living in a park they should get off their butts and put all that effort into finding a job. Stop looking for others to do the work for you. I'm tired of working to support all these idiots. God helps those who helps themselves!

December 3, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  48. Arch Stanton

He has a better understanding of the real world than any Republican or Democrat. Unfortunately, his truthfullness will get him black marked in Hollyweird so you won't see him in anything else from here on other than the occasion indie.

December 3, 2011 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  49. Guy Kimble

He has no idea what comedy is let alone know what the everyday United States people go through. Adam, I may not have a lot of money but I'm still not as big of a loser as you. "OCCUPY ADAM CAROLLA" I hope you never work again!

December 3, 2011 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  50. StevenA

@Brandt Hardin
    I have much more respect for the pan handler at the busy intersection who has the initiative to work for the hand out.

December 2, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  51. StevenA

@Brandt Hardin
    Here is an idea, how about your elected officials and your president not accept the money from BIG BUSINESS (and unions while he is at it). Blaming big business / Wall St for our corrupted officials is what our corrupt officials want. OWS is not necessary, accountability in Washington is necessary. Address the REAL problem.

December 2, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Babak From LA

He is a comedian... Why would I care about what his politics?

December 2, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  53. marga

"I'm part of an organization that predicts the future. We have found that the best way to predict the future, is to invent it." – The Well Manicured Man from 'The X-Files'

"All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts".

Knocking others down to keep yourself up doesn't make you a much of a person, especially when its based on assumptions only. Try to be nice, its free and it can be done. Cant never could do nothing.

December 2, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  54. vjoseph

I think he should ashamed of not having accomplished much professionally because I have never heard of this guy?!? Who is he?

December 2, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  55. trisha

I tried working once and it made me bad sick. I think it gave me the hives or something really bad. I am seriously bad allergic to it. My doctor gave me a note saying so. If you losers and creeps want to work well you are dumb. I dont have to so I rule. I get to watch tv all day and troll on blogs and take naps. LIFE RULES !

December 2, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Evel Knievel

You idiots saying OWS's image is a Fox News creation need to get out and actually see these people. I live in one of the big cities where they have encampments and it's a bunch of hipster kids with gauged ears and neck tattoos who want someone to give them everything. I'm a liberal and these people sure as h3ll don't represent me. I worked for everything I have and these people can too. They just want the easy way out – a high paying job handed to them. Here's an idea, take a bath, get those salad plates out of your ears, put on a turtleneck or use some makeup, and apply for an entry level job. Everyone starts somewhere.

December 2, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Stig

Adam Carolla is simply auditioning for Fox News because his car show is unwatchable. They should like him too. Next to him, it might actually make Dennis Miller seem funny.

December 2, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. BernieB

Uh, from the looks of all the notes and comments here and particularly A.C.'s rant about the occupy movement, there are some seriously ill informed opinions here. The occupy movement is only partially young people. The occupy movement encompasses a diverse group of Americans, young and old, unemployed, never employed, underemployed and those who have worked their whole lives. IMHO, I think anyone who disrespects a segment of the occupy movement for whatever reason, is only seeking to profit from that disrespect. And for maximum profit potential, to degrade the entire movement as a whole is most profitable.

December 2, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Brandt Hardin

Considering this guy runs his mouth for a living, I think he's fairly out of touch with the issues which Occupy has raised a flag for. The Occupy Movement is NECESSARY for our citizens to expose the corruption which Big Business has infected our Government with. Every single person occupying the streets and protesting Corporations is a hero and a patriot. I was compelled to lend a hand and create some new posters for the movement which you can download for free on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/11/propaganda-for-occupy-movement.html

December 2, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  60. hippie72

@mjenk it's a troll named Mr. Ed and he trolls everyone. Don't pay him any attention. He's a drunk who is here 24/7.

December 2, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  61. hippie72

@mjenk – I'm on your side.. Those jerks don't know what they're talking about. Peace!

December 2, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Mike

Carolla is a genius. There I've said it.

December 2, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Ron San Bruno, Ca

adam has become so fox lately it sounds like he's auditioning for bill oreilly's co-host ?

December 2, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sean

Also – I think he is failing to differentiate between people who are rich and people who step all over others to expand their fortunes even more. College tuitions are being raised while the high-ups at CSU are making six figures. These students only want to learn a trade, they are paying through the nose, and now they must pay even more when the top brass sacrifices nothing? That is what people are angry about.

December 2, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sean

I think a lot of the protesters are more frustrated with the influence big business has on Washington. I doubt they are frustrated simply because they are rich, otherwise these protests would have occurred long ago.

December 2, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  66. 99.9%er

Hey carolla, suck a d*@#. Back in the day, corporations and banks hadn't tried to completely siphon the life out of America yet. Stick with cars, ya twerp.

December 2, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  67. shawn

say bye bye to his career anyone who hires him- will see the wrath of the american people...
    fair warning to anyone who wants to complain about people not working when there is not enough jobs for people... even highschool graduates....to work.... then his whole rant is worthless..
    if employment was at 3 percent it would be a different story...
    adam is a stupid arrogant man
    anyone who hires him will be boycotted by millions! let the teabaggers watch his show there is not even 2 million of them
    ows has tens of millions..... bye bye adam you twit-nit-wit

December 2, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Nate

I roll around in mud when im neeekkkkked. That ways my skin looks tie died. It is cool.

December 2, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Mjenk

Yeah that is me. Im a hippy and wear tye dyed clothes. I even got tye dyed pants.

December 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mjenk

I wish i had tye dyed clothes... it would mean i had a job so i could afford white tees and some paint! but until then im stuck with this "wigger" and "nerd" stuff i had in high school and the "hipster" clothes i picked up in California when i was still in the military

*feedthetroll*

December 2, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  70. @Mjenk

Are you that lesbian girl named Mr. Ed that keeps coming on here and trying to pick up chicks? Sometimes she calls herself MISSY88 or derp. She is a big d!ke lesbian.

December 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mjenk

No but trying to pick up chicks via CNN's comments section sounds difficult... and entertaining!

How's your trollin/lurkin going bub?

December 2, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  71. @Mjenk

Join the army. If you already served, then reenlist. Quit being a doper and hippie.

December 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mjenk

I gave the Marines a chance fresh outta high school, even though i made it up to Corporal I'm not goin back into that system again. Especially not sense it looks like were gonna keep interfearing over-seas.

Ill stop being a hippie when ethics and morals are reinstilled in America. Or when i get past getting an interview and actually get hired, whichever comes first.

December 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  72. SAMHELL

I love Carolla but he has a tendency over simplify things.

December 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Geoff

Somewhere,someone is starting the job you didn't get, because they wanted it more than you.

December 2, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Karl

his point is lost on most of the ows people for they do not understand that they are not owed a thing in this world. if you want something you need to do it like their parents did and earn it. if a company does not earn a profit unlike the government they must make cuts. one more thing to take in account a profit is what left after it bills have been paid which includes the employees (wages and benefits) and taxes.

December 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Everett

Adam's right, if you don't agree, you're wrong. Next topic?

December 2, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Emperor Norton

If you want to know what OWS is, go ask them. They're right there. They're wired up to their eyeballs and they'd be happy to talk to you about the issues they feel strongly about.

If you're writing them off as "hippies" or know-nothing college students, you're accepting someone else's narrative on the subject, and there are a lot of people spending a lot of money attempting to keep you in the dark. Educate yourself; it's never been easier. OWS is on your side.

December 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  77. iheartbuttsx

Adam Carolla is a god.

December 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  78. mojojojogp

Word.

December 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  79. janet

i love you , adam carolla...you are my hero!

December 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Jeff

The truth hurts. Everyone doesn't win in life. Parents have done kids a disservice by not letting them know what losing is like.

December 2, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Frank Castle

Is this really the point of OWS? I thought it was about corporate greed contributing to the widening gap between this country's rich and poor?

December 2, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Emperor Norton

Yeah, OWS is about economic disparity and genuine problems, although its decentralized nature means a lot of freaks have snuck in around the edges. If somebody's ranting about how they're "looking for a handout" or calls them hippies, you can pretty much rest easy knowing that they haven't actually paid attention. That's pure Fox News predigested narrative, served fresh and parroted by fools.

December 2, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mjenk

I sure enjoy toking up in my moms basement though. A friend with weed is a friend in-deed.

December 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Truth

Truth is....he's telling the truth...kids like little jimmies and jennies out there need to stop complaining and occupy the grill at mc donalds

December 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  84. @mjenk

I think the police shoul be issued chainsaws and sent into these OWS hippy encampments. They could chop up some of those dirty hippys and see whats inside them. I bet there insides are all cr@p. No guts like real americans. Just cr@p.

December 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  85. CDZ

adam made an excellent point in this interview that was not highlighted by this article...

“It’s this envy and shame, and there’s gonna be a lot more of it. It used to be back in the day, a father was walking his son and they’d see a guy go by in his Rolls Royce. ‘There goes Mr. Jenkins. Look up to him.’ What do we do now? Oooh, look at him. Does he need that car? Why does he need to drive that car? Let’s throw a rock at it.”

we used to look up to successful people and say if we worked hard we would be in their shoes one day.....now everyone hates people that are rich and successfull and think...why cant i be rich and successful....without ever working for it.

December 2, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

I agree with Adam's point except the fact that when most people hate on people being rich, the people they're talking about most of the time are the celebrities that get rich doing dumb things (Jersey Shore).

December 2, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marky, Ricky, Danny, Terry, Mikey, Davey, Timmy, Tommy, Joey, Robby, Johnny, and Brian

You shouldn't look up to anyone because of their possessions.

December 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dustin

I think he has a point, but that his one point shouldn't paint a picture of an entire movement. There is a generation of "me first" people inheriting the world, but not all of them are camped out protesting. Most of them are actually working (or looking for work). The OSW movement is so aimless I refuse to participate in it. Also I'm occupying a desk right now and rent waits for no man.

There are problems, but waiting outside of the trading floor won't get you very far. If these folks were smart they would start organizing themselves into a respectable group that congress will listen to. Sleeping on the street is a waist of time. They need to be better prepared and organized for when this country finally hits rock bottom. Then they will be a viable political party.

December 2, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  87. @mjenk

Im to busy working to type correctly. WORK. That is something a shiftless lazy worthless loser like mjenk would never understand. Mjenk is mjerk or mpothead.

December 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjenk

Yes lord knows us people who went into the military after school are a bunch of lay-abouts who want to do nothing more than be drain on society.

*feedthetroll*

December 2, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  88. BobM

Adam is 110% right. This generation is like the Rooms To GO commercial. "I want it all and I want it now!"
    I agree with some of the 99% issues. I agree that there are crooks that inside trade and steal money with a pen and not a gun. I don't agree with the fact that 90% of the OWS are lazy do nothing people that want a hand-out from some rich guy.
    Hell, I worked 32 years and I'm retired and working a new job and working 45 hours a week. Do I like it, hell-no. Do I have to do it, hell-yes. The option is to be one of those people and blame everyone else for their failings.

December 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Shiparino

I agree wholeheartedly. I've never thought about standing around waiting for someone to help me. I work. I've worked since I was 15. I've supported myself since I was 18. I'm 48 now, not rich like Adam, but I totally agree that I have to do this on my own and I am trying to teach my kids that, as well. Self reliance is goal # 1. We're not saying "It's all about me" like Mjenk suggests, we're saying no one is going to help me, so why do the Occupy people thing they should get help. Adam is saying that these campers have grown up believing everyone can do or be whatever they want, but haven't been taught that they need to go out and make that happen for themselves.

Fire away.

December 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  90. AdamFan

He is completely right. OWS movement is a bunch of college kids who don't know what they actually want so they instead act like children. As Adam would say... "Go occupy a nametag and a hair net"

December 2, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  91. 20 something

Two comments:

(1) We do not think we are owed a "living." Rather, we think we are owed a "chance" at making a living.

December 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • meh

you are given a chance- but that doesn't include being handed a job while you take a poop in the park and play a drum.

December 2, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |

Word.

December 2, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |

When I replied "word" it was for 20 something.

December 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • ThanksformakingAdam'spoint

"(2) Your anger would be more accurately pointed at your own generation for the way you raised us. You were the adult, not us." Way to go 20 something!! Blaming others for your situation is exactly what Adam it talking about. And as far as you first point about having a chance to make a living, there are plenty of jobs out there, they just aren't glamorous and don't start at $75,000 a year. But your generation thinks that's what its owed and wouldn't even dream of starting at the bottom and working its way up.

December 4, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • WorkIsNotaFourLetterWork

I'm a 30-something Gen-Xer who was raised, along with a lot of other kids, to understand that this we are OWED nothing. Want something? Work for it and/or earn it. Kids, you'll wait the rest of your lives for those mystery folks/the universe/whatever who "owe" you to cough up the goods. You're not actually even OWED a chance. You're LUCKY to get one at all. Don't have one dropped in your lap? Then you have to put down the iPad and find the opportunities and grab the chance. Be available, be hopeful, be proactive, be resilient and never kid yourself that work or success is out there actively looking for you, no matter how smart/quirky/edgy/cute/educated/passionate/well-intentioned you are. Get up, get moving, stop whining about reality.

December 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pinner

Nobody deserves anything in life.....you EARN it! And take some damn responsibilty for yourself and stop blaming your parents!!!

December 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • GGCS

They were told go to college. "You'll get a better job than if you didn't, you don't want to be a loser and settle for a McJob, do you, loser?"
      So they worked very hard in college.
      Now you're telling them get a McJob; that they don't deserve a better job because they didn't work hard enough to deserve it.
      But they did work very hard. In college. Remember... remem.... remember what you told them? Where they went so they could get that better job?

You previously shamed these kids into thinking they shouldn't settle for a McJob. Now you're trying to shame them to suck it up and take the McJob.

It's okay for them to blame others for their problems if those others ACTUALLY DID attribute to their problems. That would be called common sense.

Try this: Stop blaming the kids for YOUR mistake. They listened to your idiotic ramblings 4 years ago when they should've just did whatever they wanted and worked hard at that instead.

December 21, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Digger

Adam has said what the 97% of us think about this 2% of hippies that miss their glory days of protesting and the youngsters that wish they were a part of it. The conditions of the camps and the actions of the parties prove their real intentions more than anything anyone can say. These people have never been taught the basics, Have what you need, Work for what you want. Instead its ... Have what you want,make someone else work for it.

December 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Ken

Mjenk can you explain to me why I should care about you?

When an individual "gives a flying f–k" about ME, MYSELF, AND I he is "giving a f–k" about his or her family as well. I know I go to work every day and work hard in order to provide a better life for my family because that is the only thing I know I can controll. People should do a little more self-evaluation on his or her work ethic and stop blaming everyone else around them.

Also I am a 20 something which is so poorly represented by this OWS movement which cares more about what new app they have on their Ipad than they do about working hard for their dollar.

December 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mjenk

No Ken ill be honest, I cant say why you should personally care about me. I just feel that if more people decided to care about things as much as they care about themselves and immediate family it might honestly help fix the world I view as broken. but maybe thats just childish naïveté with some wishful thinking.

Im not just blaming everyone around me, I know I too am responsible for the situation im in and im doing my best to get back on my feet but being confined to a small town limits job oppertunities.

December 2, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJenk

Care about others** (not things)

December 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • GGCS

Yeah, it seems these particular OWS haters only care about their immediate circle of friends and family. That's the true selfishness, right there. They're yelling ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME OR LOVE ME ARE VALUABLE.

December 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  94. big trucker marsha

I think he is a hero. He is one of the few brave enough to speak the truth. The whiny selfcentered OWS hippys are just good for nothings that want everyone else to support them.

December 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jal

Adam Corolla playing the part of Ramases.

December 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mjenk

What do I think of his observations?

He's an a–hole, why are we listening to what the host of The Man Show has to say about politics? He's from hollywood.

The main problem with everything is exactly what he said – nobody out in the "real" world gives a flying f–k about anything other than ME, MYSELF, AND I – Most people i've meet from the 50's-60's-70's are proof enough of that, and that kind of thinking has obviously ruined the human species and the planet.

December 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven

Everything he said was spot on! My parents prepared for the world in knowing that nothing was going to be given to me, if I wanted I had to go out and earn it! Pull your panties up and get with it.

December 2, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

MJENK R U 1 OF THOSE KIDS WHOS FAMILY CELEBRATED MEDIOCRITY BY GRADUATING 8TH GRADE AND DIDNT TAKE SCORE AT GAMES CUZ IT WAS ABOUT HAVING FUN AND NOT WINNING

December 2, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mjenk

Hahaha, no, but close. I was never at games because i've always thought they were a waste of my time.

and my family? Celebrate? now thats funny.

December 2, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dbow

And you are the kind of D-bag Adam is talking about. Why should we give a flying f–k about you? What makes you more special than someone who has worked hard to get where he's at?

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of things the top 1% (along with all the other baby boomers) are not doing right, and they themselves can't look at their own reflection in the mirror, but with that being said the occupy movements goal appears to be a select minority trying to impose and steal benifits on to themselves to which they don't deserve in the first place.

This battle OWS is fighting isn't about closing the gap between rich and poor, and looking out for the real victims in all of this, the middle class, it's about the poor wanting the riches stuff. It's like if it were High School and some ugly drama department idiot went to war against the football team's scholar head QB on the basis that he doesn't get treated the same as the jock. Seems like a noble goal, but really what this war is about is the drama nerd wants the jock's hot cheerleading girlfriend.

It's like a bad 80's movie, and that's why the millennial generation is messed up. They're messed up because they live their lives like it were Breakfast Club.

December 2, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kid Luka

Blithering, Blundering, Babbling Buffoon!

December 2, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Choad

Thanks Adam. I couldn't agree more.

December 2, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

People who agree with Corolla are known as "tools". The Millenials want revenue to match expenses, and expenses to be trimmed but not hatcheted. Tell us, Steven, how did Paris Hilton earn anything? Tell us, tbow, why should we give a flying flip about you? For the same reason we should care about mjenk. You are persons and deserve to be treated with fairness and respect. How unAmerican is that? Not at all, unless you are a tea nutter. And then we have cheefsfury, who apparently never graduated 8th grade. America. Is great country.

December 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • rudel80

@Mjenk: "He's from hollywood."

Actually, he worked for years as a carpenter and then got into show business. He's worked to be where he is and if you think show business is easy, you're the "tool."

December 3, 2011 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
    • solar1001

What gives OWS (or anyone) the power to force others to be generous with the physical manifestations of their hard work? We have two social contracts in the United States of America. The first contract is that we follow a set of sectarian laws that we agree on, which forms of government and prevents people and government from hurting each other due to deceit, violence or war. The second contract is that we follow a moral code that includes helping those around us that are in physical and emotional need, which forms our religion or our social contract. By taking money (physical representation of work) OWS is saying that we should use the government force people to participate (donate money/work hours) to this new social order in addition to their own spiritual church/beliefs. It comes down to this. If individuals can’t make it on their own, they should not turn to government, they should turn to their own church, synagogue, mosque, coven or temple for help. And if you do not believe in religion or an all-encompassing force in the universe, then I suggest they start a ‘new socialist church’ in which they can ask the 1% to donate so the other 99% of the congregations can benefit. Just don’t force ‘religious’ beliefs on me.

December 3, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Desijoe

Why did we listen to Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin and Michel Mootre? they are Hollywood trash too!
      The fact is: OWS is the most destructive, most selfish, most inconsiderate segment of the "Yeas, We Can!" crowd. No one owes them anything. I work for a living. So should they. Voting Obama, Pelosi and Reid and their clones coes not count as a productive contribution to the society!

December 4, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • rpfu

So we are supposed to take this comedian's political analysis seriously. This buffoon has made stupid remarks just to grab some free publicity in the past and once again he has victimized us all...This idiot is a mediocre trying hard failed comedian who has gotten some breaks recently with a car show and wants the spotlight .Remember the manshow...now you know why they employed only Jimmy Kimmel and dropped this idiot like a hot potato that he is.

December 5, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • rpfu

For the folks saying OWS should just get a job because they go to work everyday etc...To them I say...these OWS are doing you a favor, a very big favor..that while you put your nose to the grindstone to support your family – these OWS are educating everyone about the "crimes of CEO'S ,hedgefund a*#holes.A clear examply is how BOA cancelled ATM fees . The protest was fueled by OWS ! Much more needs to be scrutinized. People are trying to remove the government safeguards so a hedgefund manager cannot profit a hundred million on the backs of you people with your noses on the grindstone.They want to remove those safeguards,lessen restrictions on big business, the same big business that caused this mess we are all in...so next time you see OWS, say thanks like you should.

December 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pinner

Get your facts straight before you speak!! All this generation wants to do is complain, be heard, and never accept being wrong. BOA fees did not get shutdown because of OWS, just as what Netflix wasnt hit hard because of OWS. it was people that "have their noses to the grindstone" that spoke up collectively with their money and said "no we will not accept this". People like Adam Carolla have worked extremely hard to get to where they are in life and they shouldnt be punsihed for their accomplishments, just as OWS shouldnt be rewarded for doing nothing but crapping up our cities!

December 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Moralist

Adam Carolla won't stopmdrinking and saying stupid s**t. That's all you really need to know.

December 19, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality

When Liberals get cornered they attack. They never admit wrong doing. Obama is a Liberal...when he gets cornered on his policies...he attacks Bush, Rich People...corporate Jet owners. Well, there you have it,......OWS people do the exact same thing. Blame...Blame...Blame. If you goto a 4 year college, take out student loans and only have a Liberal arts degree to show for it....well...thats just your own damn fault. Stupidity. Blame Yourself!

December 27, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |