Lindsay Lohan’s sobriety coach is... Courtney Love?
December 1st, 2011

Lindsay Lohan’s sobriety coach is... Courtney Love?

Is Courtney Love the answer to Lindsay Lohan’s problems?

The Hole frontwoman thinks so.

Love, who says she’s been sober since 2007, has stepped in to mentor Lohan “because nobody else will,” the Daily Mail reports she told Details.

“She’s further down the line than I was, because there was no TMZ then,” Love added.

Earlier this year, the 47-year-old told The Fix that she’s helped Lohan through legal battles in the past, adding, it’s not uncommon for troubled celebrities to look to her for advice.

“It wasn’t that long ago when Kim Stewart was screaming, ‘Courtney, what are we going to do? Kelly Osbourne is blue on the floor!’ she said. “For some reason, Kim Stewart also called me when Paris Hilton got pulled over for her last DUI. … What am I, a junkie Auntie Mame?”

Love might be hoping to boost her image as Lohan’s mentor.

“I’ve been maligned as this drug freak for years, and I’m getting tired of it," Love reportedly said. "That's not the way I live anymore. Obviously I’ve had a lot of issues, but that was years ago! Since then, I've worked really hard to get myself together, but for some reason I’ve remained a punch line."

A hopeful plea from the woman who flashed a crowd at the SWU Music & Arts Festival in São Paulo, Brazil, earlier this month.

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

1. Joe citizen abroad

Congratulations, Courtney, on remaining sober for four years. That is no small accomplishment. But it was the 30 years in front of that four years that made you a punch line. If you don't realize this, your hold on reality is slipping back into denial again. You are using victim language..."I've worked really hard, why's everyone still picking on me"...and that means you are in no condition to mentor anyone. Please do yourself...and Lindsey...a favor, and seek assistance for yourself. Wishing you both well.

December 18, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gina

bwwwwooohaaaahooooheeeeeeeeeeeeeee

December 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  3. blogginritenow

omg, i really think courtney love is lohan's mentor. i really am shoked right n0w

December 2, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. boocat

They can always support each others drug habits and hopefully the two of them will just go away for good.

December 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Joseph

The Cobain Cure.

December 2, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Big Ron

She's not exactly Dr.Phil now is she?But,it's not too bad an idea to get advise from someone that's" been there done that! "

December 2, 2011 at 2:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Alarice

Lol

December 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sarah S

kirk? His name was KURT!

December 1, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. carrieanne

* Robert Downey Jr

December 1, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. carrieanne

Well, something has to work. I just think Robert Downex Jr would be a better sobriety coach. This is a train wreck waiting to happen!

December 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. James

And she'll also teach lohan how to use a shotgun.

December 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ike

I thought "Parent Trap" was pretty good.. That's all I know.. Lol

December 1, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kath

Ya know, Courtney is JUST THE PERSON–DRUNKS AND ADDICTS ARE THE BEST TEACHERS...cause THEY'VE all BEEN THERE. Kirk was a mess and so was she...SHE LIVED...people might just hate HER Because SHE lived, and HE didn't. I DON'T...AND she would be a GOOD MENTOR...and VERY FAR AWAY FROM HER MONEY-SUCKING "LOOK AT MY KID-(me)!!!" parents; WHO are no better...and be honest–WHO LISTENS TO THEIR PARENTS?? REALLY...?? ESPECIALLY hers?? He's in Jail...she's...I don't know...THEY WANT MONEY...end of story.

December 1, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SixDegrees

If I woke up next to Courtney Love, I'd kill myself.

December 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. TruAmerikan

Well she had to take and pass it. After all she has her UNDERGRADUATE degree.

December 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • TruAmerikan

Now that I think about it...not necissarily....Unless her undergrad was in Engineering LOL!!! How's that for a funny???

December 1, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. faboge

lol Sarah Pallin is tutoring calculus!

December 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. TruAmerikan

Talk about the blind leading the blind. Maybe they'll both walk off a cliff together.

December 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Parah Salin

Calculus, that's like, a primary, right?

December 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. thinquer

Don't worry about being the punch line. Any publicity that bring attention to the issue of getting straight
    is worth it. Hopefully Courtney is strong enough to know who she is now. There will always be stonethrowers, and they don't count. Help Lindsay if you can. – Someone's Mom

December 1, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. duh

i'm seeing a lot of losers, none of them celebs though

December 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. fat jack

Now that's a role model !!!

December 1, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Pablo695

Hi, I'm Courtney Love and I want to say "I'm High" from one loser to another loser.

No Thanks!!!

December 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Byrd

Good luck with that, Courtney. You're looking a whole lot healthier these days too. Glad to see it.

December 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GeorgeBos95

lol ... you're killing me ... Love as a "life coach".

The crazy leading the crazier.

December 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Uncle Owen

"Love, who says she’s been sober since 2007"

I'll believe that when me sh!t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

December 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Rob

People People!!! Give her a chance. When she says she'll be her coach it'll be like this: "No Lohan, you're doing it wrong! This is how you do a big fatty!". Pay Attention Lohan, I'm your coach! Do it like this!

December 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rob

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

December 1, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. CPW

A hopeful plea from the woman who FLASHED a crowd at the SWU Music & Arts Festival in São Paulo, Brazil, earlier this month.
    Here's your sign.

December 1, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Jersey Dude

This is like Billy Joel being a Drivers Ed teacher!

December 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  30. One Day

I think that'll be a good idea. She'll be like: don't do that, don't do that either, no, nope..

December 1, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  31. john

The dead coaching the nearly dead.

December 1, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tracie

I LIKE DOOOODIE ON MY PIZZA

December 1, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. trisha

@alecia. You need to try that pizza. It is greasy and cheesy and yummmmalicious !

December 1, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  34. trisha

That is like me working at Mcdonalds and Pizza Hut ! MMMMMMMMM stuffed crust pepperroni lovers pizza with extra pepperonno ! HEEEEAVEN ! : )

December 1, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Lanfear

lol, that's just their coverup for spending so much time together. they're really smoking crack....

December 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Evel Knievel

This is like asking Wesley Snipes to be your tax advisor.

December 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  37. stanton

I WOULD NOT CARE WHO MY COACH IS AS LONG AS THEY HELP ME KICK MY BAD HABIT'S THAT ARE KILLING ME!!!!!

December 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. comment

we've all made our mistakes, some worse than others, but we don't know how courtney love lives her daily life now. if she has been able to stay sober since 2007 and triumphed over her "demons," then she's perfectly capable of helping out lindsay. afterall, aren't some sponsors for AA and other similar programs people with former addictions? i'm not saying she'll 100% succeed with lindsay, but it wouldn't hurt for her to try.

December 1, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ken

I love Love. This might be good for both of them. Courtney needs to be needed and Lohan needs guidance. Don't judge before they make an honest atempt to be better people.

December 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jeep Jeep

Well, she' somehow still alive, so she's got that going for her, and lindsey doesn't exactly seem to be heading towards that when sghe reaches courtney's age, but other than that, worst choice possible. The commentor who said Drew Barrymore would have been much better is right on, but Lindsey feels she needs someone to party with

December 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Thenextstep

Those two deserve each other !!!!!!!!

December 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. RenaP

and it looks like she now belongs to the "Hollywood bad face lifts" gang. she looks like Joan Rivers.

December 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  43. AGeek

That's like having Dahmer be a serial cannibal's 12-step coach. AYFKM!?

December 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. brian

thats like putting crack in a room full of crackheads

December 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Bill W.

Clearly, and aside from the otherwise obvious reasons, she's hardly an appropriate candidate. If she was a real sobriety coach or sponsor or mentor, she a) wouldn't be publicizing it or b) dropping any other names or c) using phrases like "What am I, a junkie Auntie Mame?" Yeah, THAT's exhibiting selflessness.

She claims to have been sober since 2007. Maybe she's abstinent, but she hardly seems sober.

I truly feel bad for Lindsay Lohan because she has demonstrable talent and has gone off the rails the last few years with the help of people of dubious character. What she needs is someone like Drew Barrymore who has a comparable story and has triumphed on the other side of it.

December 1, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • gtalum06

I agree! I was thinking Drew Barrymore as well...she went from being a total mess in the 90s to getting her crap together and managing to not be buried alive by the child star curse. She somehow looks better (younger) now than she did 15 years ago! Though, if she were taking that role, I doubt she'd announce it as confidently as Courtney Love has done.

December 1, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lois

Agreed

December 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dover

Please name one time Lindsey has shown talent.....one time is all I'm asking. She can't act. She can take her clothes off but if that is talented then everyone has talent.

December 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lol

That's like having Charles Manson be the Unabomber's counselor.

December 1, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  47. trix

roflmfao!! Lololololololololol.....Thanks I needed that laugh today!

December 1, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. John

No one cares about these people!

December 1, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoOnesFool

Two wrongs don't make a right just like six idiots don't make a genius. Wasn't Courtney, Kurt's confidant? Look how that turned out for him....

December 1, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • hellen

You will see. For seeking Interracial Love, I think I got the best choice. Blackwhite'Planet.COMit's a community where to meet gorgeous, beautiful black and white for romance! It's the best place for seeking interracial love and open opportunities for you to meet the attractive singles and treat you like a king or Queen.

December 2, 2011 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |